Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• diarrhea all day - and nothing to blame it on! grrrr~
    1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
    2. Eat to heal
    3. Move to live
    4. Embrace today
    5. Live with intention
    6. Respect my body
    7. Cultivate joy
    8. Find my passion
    9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Hope you are feeling better today tomi. Sometimes there is just no rhyme or reason for our bodies to do what they do. I used to get the dreaded "D" when it was the first few days of "that" time of the month. Hormone related? Who knows. Thankfully that's one issue I don't have to worry about anymore! Yay for many paws!! lol.

Hopefully today will be a better one for you.
      Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

• Yes - definitely feeling better! I discovered the problem......... READ LABELS TOMI!! The almond butter has SOY in it! The reaction to the soy was undeniable once I realized I had eaten soy. I got up yesterday morning and felt great! I had a very healthy BM and then I ate an apple with about 2 TB of almond butter. Within 30 minutes my stomach started to cramp and my gut completely emptied out! Then I was fine for the rest of the afternoon - but when I got home from work I ate a TB of almond butter and had the exact same reaction! It has to be the soy!

I have GOT to be extremely careful and eliminate all sources of soy.

And with any luck will get to the bottom of this FINALLY!
        1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
        2. Eat to heal
        3. Move to live
        4. Embrace today
        5. Live with intention
        6. Respect my body
        7. Cultivate joy
        8. Find my passion

Comment

• I sure hope you have found the culprit!! Gonna be tough...seems they put soy in just about everything!!
          Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

• I hope that's your answer. (Well, in a way, I hope it doesn't, because soy is such a BITCH to avoid. I know you could do it though.) Good luck in your search!
            Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
            My Latest Journal

Comment

• it is in everything! I will have to stay absolutely free of all things processed if it turns out that soy is why I've been sick for so long! But at least I have a target and something to focus on. this means I can give up on the Virgin Diet and just focus on eliminating soy. I was doing pretty good - no dairy, eggs, gluten, corn, peanuts and very little sugar/fake sugar for 5 days. Meat and veggies alone is getting pretty dang boring!
              2. Eat to heal
              3. Move to live
              4. Embrace today
              5. Live with intention
              6. Respect my body
              7. Cultivate joy
              8. Find my passion

Comment

• What about fruit?
                Primal since 9/24/2010
                "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• trying to stay low carb, and most fruit gives me a tummy ache.
                  2. Eat to heal
                  3. Move to live
                  4. Embrace today
                  5. Live with intention
                  6. Respect my body
                  7. Cultivate joy
                  8. Find my passion

Comment

• Why in the world does almond butter need soy? Running to check my jar...MaraNatha Brand. Official ingredients say Dry Roasted Almonds, but on the warnings, it says may contain traces of Tree Nuts, Peanuts, SOY!

So, essentially, if you have issues, "Come play Russian Roulette!"

Comment

• Make your own. Get a food processor, buy some raw almonds, toss in the food processor with the blade thingy, and turn on... walk away. Come back in about 10 minutes and you'll have yummy warm almond butter. with nothing in it but almonds.

There are tutorials online for making your own. I made my own cashew butter after I discovered my grocery stopped carrying it.
                      Primal since March 5, 2012
                      SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Sabine - I have the same brand. It pays to read labels!

Jenn - Will do that next time for sure.

I had a wonderful weekend - but not so great food-wise. My cravings got the best of me........... Marie Callendars Apple Pie and ice cream. The worst part .............. I found out the pie also has SOY in it. I've been paying for it this morning. The worst of it is over now! Nothing worse than a belly ache and feeling like your intestines are all falling out! I so want this to stop!!! I've got to be more vigilant about looking for soy in everything I eat. I'm getting so I don't want to eat out cuz I don't know whats being put in the food. And the upcoming holiday dinners are going to be tough. I'm going to have to stay away from anything but the basics........... I haven't yet had a good stretch without soy to confirm that is what is causing my issues.

Its really hard being married to a person who can eat anything he wants and never gets a tummy issue. He is no help at all when it comes to common sense and choosing to eat clean and healthy. I just need to be stronger.

So............... its a Monday and another great opportunity to start fresh. I haven't weighed in a few days - but I feel and look puffy so I'm sure its not good. I have been breaking my habit of weighing every morning

Hubby had to do something really hard on Friday. He let go an employee that we've had since 2005. We've been talking about doing this for a year now. He finally realized it HAD to be done. He's never had to fire anyone before so it was tough. I'm so glad its over cuz it has been eating him up for a couple of months now. It all came down to $'s in the end. He just wasn't producing enough to keep him on. In fact, if I really crunched the numbers, I believe it was costing us to keep him on. He's always been slow - and always lazy about staying on task and not getting distracted by conversations he wanted to be a part of. He'd drop everything and walk over to see what Hubby was talking about with a customer - and hubby isn't exactly a "boss" so he wasn't very good at correcting the bad behavior. Honestly, he shouldn't have to. Any grown man knows he isn't getting paid to stand around and shoot the breeze. So - we are back down to one employee - and hoping to keep it this way. The remaining employee deserves a raise and will be getting that at the first of the year. Sometimes being in business for yourself is really hard.
                        2. Eat to heal
                        3. Move to live
                        4. Embrace today
                        5. Live with intention
                        6. Respect my body
                        7. Cultivate joy
                        8. Find my passion

Comment

• What a tough situation. I'm glad it wasn't my decision to make - or my conversation to have.

Comment

• It was tough and was really hard for hubby to do it - but he mustered up the strength.
                            2. Eat to heal
                            3. Move to live
                            4. Embrace today
                            5. Live with intention
                            6. Respect my body
                            7. Cultivate joy
                            8. Find my passion

Comment

• Supposed to be attending a memorial service for hubby's Aunt this morning - but I'm sick again. Pain and diarrhea as always. What was I doing differently during the 8 weeks that I was almost 100% normal? I just don't get it. Still going on the assumption that its the soy. I've read it can take several weeks for the effects of eating soy to be over. So, I'm just gonna have to wait it out and make sure I don't have any soy at all!

yesterday I had eggs and bacon, chicken breast and veggies, and 4 small cream cheese clouds and a few bites of all natural ice cream - no soy.
                              2. Eat to heal
                              3. Move to live
                              4. Embrace today
                              5. Live with intention
                              6. Respect my body
                              7. Cultivate joy
                              8. Find my passion

Comment

• How frustrating. Hugs.

Comment

Working...
                                X