No announcement yet.

Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, particularly with a highly restricted diet, planning is essential.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Day 1 Virgin Diet......... has gone as planned.

Dinner was 3 slices of thick bacon, a chicken breast fried in the bacon grease and 1/2 plate of roasted cauliflower, broccoli and carrots. I am so freakin full! I wanted to stop 3/4 of the way through -- but as it is I have only eaten 1200 calories today. Maybe a tad more if I count the bacon grease - but really how much stays on the chicken? Not that much.

I need to get on the treadmill, but I'm too full and uncomfortable.
      1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
      2. Eat to heal
      3. Move to live
      4. Embrace today
      5. Live with intention
      6. Respect my body
      7. Cultivate joy
      8. Find my passion
      9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• I always count the fat I use - even if much of it drips off b/c you don't know how much is "absorbed" by the meat and it's better to over estimate than under... at least, that's what I've always practiced. Of course, things are different now than I'm "primal" as opposed to just doing calories in/calories out.

Glad you had a good day 1.
        Primal since March 5, 2012
        SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• If I add in the fat from the bacon it would add maybe another 40 calories. So, that's not much to worry about.
          1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
          2. Eat to heal
          3. Move to live
          4. Embrace today
          5. Live with intention
          6. Respect my body
          7. Cultivate joy
          8. Find my passion

Comment

• I am sure that you have already thought of this, but eliminating corn means no corn chips as well. Darn it.
            Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Great first day. Keep it up.
              Primal since 9/24/2010
              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
              MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• So virgin looks a lot like paleo... just minus the eggs.

For what it's worth eggs will show up in everyone's (full) allergy tests. I have a feeling that reintroducing eggs won't have an adverse effect on you...

Have you read "It starts with food"? I know I bring it up way too often on the boards but it's along the same lines as far as elimination and reintroduction. The science is solid too. It's essentially the book to read before starting a Whole30. (Whole30 being the program set up by the authords of ISWF). Worth a look
                SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333
                Current Weight as of Nov 25 2015: 248
                Short Term Goal: Fit into the shirts I got on my honeymoon at disney and universal in august next year when I go back to for my 1 year anniversary
                Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension
                Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
                Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Comment

• Great first day tomi!! Yay you!! Now have a great day 2!!!
                  Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

• Yes - my go to snack is sitting on the shelf.......... untouched.

I almost fried an egg to go with my hamburger patty this morning and then remembered! NO EGGS!

It's learning curve time.
                    2. Eat to heal
                    3. Move to live
                    4. Embrace today
                    5. Live with intention
                    6. Respect my body
                    7. Cultivate joy
                    8. Find my passion

Comment

• Ecks - I haven't read ISWF - but I've heard enough from others on here that I feel I know the basics.

Just watched a clip on the Gluten Summit about bad replacements for wheat flour. According the expert, replacing wheat flour with corn, tapioca, rice or potato flour is WORSE than just eating the wheat flour because they will ALL spike your blood sugar levels. He suggests using a nut or seed flour (golden flaxseed, sunflower seed, pumpkin seed, coconut, almond, walnut or pecan nuts).

Very interesting. He said that ALL the commercially produced "gluten free" flours and mixes are horrible and should not be consumed under any circumstances.

That's makes me very happy that I haven't fallen into the paleo-ization of cakes and cookies. And good reason not to bother paying for the $4.95 paleo bread recipe. As infrequently as I eat cookies or cakes I'll just go for the old wheat version.

Okay............. Virgin Diet Day 2

Breakfast - hamburger patty
                      lunch - apple with almond butter
                      dinner - chicken breast with bacon and roasted veggies.

Successful day.

We went to a memorial service today for hubby's best friends dad. It was a good service. The reception following was a cookie/coffee social --- I wasn't even the slightest bit tempted. Hubby grabbed a cookie and a brownie.
                      2. Eat to heal
                      3. Move to live
                      4. Embrace today
                      5. Live with intention
                      6. Respect my body
                      7. Cultivate joy
                      8. Find my passion

Comment

• I use tapioca flour for gravy and cream of mushroom soup. I used cornstarch previously. Same glycemic effect. If you ensure you pair it with a protein, the glycemic effect is less prominent. When I bake something, I use coconut flour.

You should actually read It Starts with Food instead of going off of what you've read here. It goes a lot deeper than anyone hear does - with the exception of Mark. Reading that book is what makes it easy for me to stick to my plan when I set one.
                        Primal since March 5, 2012
                        SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• +1 ISWF is an excellent book and a necessary read IMO for the Primal crowd.
                          Primal since 9/24/2010
                          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                          MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• The thing with ISWF is that I read it over a year after I started paleo and it gave me a ton of new perspective on how to share paleo with others. It has been the single best piece of paleo literature that I've read to date.
                            SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333
                            Current Weight as of Nov 25 2015: 248
                            Short Term Goal: Fit into the shirts I got on my honeymoon at disney and universal in august next year when I go back to for my 1 year anniversary
                            Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension
                            Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
                            Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Comment

• My personal belief is that you should, until you have it all dialed in, pick a plan and stick with it. ISWF/Whole30 is very good. The standard medical elimination diet (JJ Virgin) is a good starting place, but it is hard to implement without a lot of guidance. The good thing about a plan is that it is all laid out for you. If you try to go by what people say here, you will get pulled in a lot of different directions. Everyone is right in their own way. What works for me might not work for you. For me is was fairly simple - eliminating all grains worked. Everything else was just a detail. But that doesn't work for everyone.
                              My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• I'll chime in & say I too loved the book! Such good info...& altho the plan wasn't right for me at this time, the information was very helpful. If someone wants to be true paleo then I think it's a must read, along with Marks of course (altho Mark is primal, not paleo.).

Good luck!!!
                                Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

Working...
                                X