Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday morning.
    Weight - still 190.

I walked on the treadmill for 40 minutes @ 2.5 mph last night before getting dinner and crashing on the couch. Today is Barre3 day and I'm trying to decide if I want to tackle it this morning or wait until after work. I tend to have more energy and stamina mid-day so I think I'm going to do that. I have a mammogram at 10:45 and will go to work directly after - I should get to work by 11:15 or so I guess. That's a couple hours early, but since I have a flexible schedule it will be okay. I won't mind getting off work a little early. I've been thinking about adjusting my hours anyway - more middle of the day rather than afternoon. I still have to work mornings on Thursdays since the dietician is in on Thursday afternoons.

Shoulders: still don't know what to do about them. I guess time and being careful is the best approach right now. I'm losing all the strength in my arms and shoulders. That's a bummer. Guess I need to work on building muscle everywhere else. Hubby has taken over the leaf blowing chore so that helps a LOT! We have a professional grade backpack blower. It weighs about 15 pounds, but the worst part is the arm movement - it all hinges at the shoulder and is not at all comfortable right now. Even just sitting here at the desk with my arms at my side typing is a little uncomfortable. I'm trying to wait until I find out what insurance coverage we are going to have next year. Right now we have a $5000 deductible on anything that even slightly resembles surgery. So - even if its only calcium deposits the procedure to break them up would be considered invasive and fall under surgery. I think they would cover x-rays or whatever diagnostics would be necessary to determine exactly what is wrong. I have a "thing" on my knee that I've had for 15 years - I cut myself shaving and instead of it healing and going away it turned into a hard ball thing - like scar tissue on steroids! Doc saw it the other day and said we should take it off and get it biopsied - but my insurance won't pay for it - it goes toward that $5k deductible. So, I'm waiting for them to tell me how much its going to cost. I personal don't think it "needs" to come off - I'd like to have it removed only because its ugly, but if it were cancerous I would expect it would have spread by now. But, I suppose better safe than sorry.

Hubby has a crown in the process of being replaced -- we're looking at a $2000 bill on that one. It all comes at once!
    1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
    2. Eat to heal
    3. Move to live
    4. Embrace today
    5. Live with intention
    6. Respect my body
    7. Cultivate joy
    8. Find my passion
    9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• So, I open the fridge to make breakfast and realize I don't have eggs. I'm not sure what to have for breakfast. The fridge has a large container of beef curry and rice, all the makings for a yummy salad and a lot of condiments. The curry/rice is out for obvious reasons. And the salad is going to be dinner............ I may have to quickly thaw out a chicken breast or something. How weird......... I always have eggs on hand cuz I eat them every day. But our egg supplier has a shortage right now - being the time of year when they don't lay as much. I was hoping to get some from another source but that hasn't panned out yet. I guess I better stop at the store on the way home. Store eggs just aren't the same as home grown eggs. I'm bummed.
      1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
      2. Eat to heal
      3. Move to live
      4. Embrace today
      5. Live with intention
      6. Respect my body
      7. Cultivate joy
      8. Find my passion

Comment

• Great Job on yesterday's numbers

I hate to run out of eggs. It usually happens when my husband decides to make breakfast for dinner.
        Primal since 9/24/2010
        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
        MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Tomi, if it helps here's the breakdown of what it has cost me so far in regards to removing the calcium deposit . The numbers are before insurance:
          1. initial doctor visit copay-- 25.00
          2. ex-ray 64.70 (I would skip this)
          3. Ultrasound 330.00
          4, Orthopedic dr copay 35.00
          5. Utrasound guided aspiration 790.00

I have had several of those hard cysts frozen off on my legs.

Comment

• Question - what does next year's insurance have to do with pain you're having today? It's quite possible that you could find out what's wrong and get it fixed before next year's coverages even take place. I wouldn't delay on this. If it's starting to affect your ability to do everyday things - like typing - then it's urgent enough to be looked at and possibly corrected now, not later. In any event, if it's affecting your ability to do normal tasks, it's urgent enough that it MUST be taken care of, perfect insurance coverage or not.

Go to a physician, tell them you need a referral to an orthopedist and get the ball rolling. There's still 2 months left in this insurance year. Plenty of time to squeeze in a rotator cuff surgery or cyst removal.
            Primal since March 5, 2012
            SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• I agree with Jenn. And, I would have your doctor just order an ultrasound and refer you to an orthopedist at the same time. From the time I first went to the doctor until I had the aspiration was about a month. Would have been faster but the orthopedist was out for a while before I could get in.

If you think your insurance coverage will change and/or be better next year I would call and find out. If things are going to be more expensive next year it would be better to have it done soon.

Comment

• Well - I keep hoping the problem will heal on its own. It all started when I moved that 3 tons of wood pellet bags -- so I'm guessing I have done some tissue damage and am trying to wait it out. I'm a procrastinator when it comes to going to the doctor - especially if I fear a large bill will be the result! I just keep slathering on the IcyHot and powering through it.

Here's the deal with our insurance. IF nothing changes that we have no control over - then I am considering getting a better policy. It will cost the boat shop more per month in premiums, but will lower our out of pocket expenses in case something big happens. Whatever happens I don't think our coverage can be much worse than it is. In regards to the ObamaCare thing I think our deductible will likely be lower. It is after all the Affordable Health Care Act!! I don't know........ its a crap shoot!

I sent an email to our insurance broker and am hoping to get some information soon. Our policy change over isn't until March so I have some time to figure things out. I think I'm going to go ahead and get the diagnostics out of the way - get an ultra sound and find out what's happening.

The other day I read that taking high dose vitamin D can contribute to calcium deposits. I take 8000 units/day to maintain my levels. I might need to discuss this with the doc if it turns out I do have calcium deposits.
                2. Eat to heal
                3. Move to live
                4. Embrace today
                5. Live with intention
                6. Respect my body
                7. Cultivate joy
                8. Find my passion

Comment

• As for the cyst - she wants to cut it out and have it biopsied --- so surgery and lab fee's. I'm waiting for the doctors office to call and let me know how much it is all supposed to cost. If its under $500 out of my pocket I'll do it.
                  2. Eat to heal
                  3. Move to live
                  4. Embrace today
                  5. Live with intention
                  6. Respect my body
                  7. Cultivate joy
                  8. Find my passion

Comment

• so --- this morning I had a bad tummy again. Pain and diarrhea --- not as severe on the pain scale - but the diarrhea was not pleasant. Whats that all about? I've had a stable digestive system since early September. With only a couple of bumps along the way. Maybe this is just another bump. I did have a vegetable heavy dinner last night. I BAS with salmon and bacon bits. I guess even people with the healthy digestive tracts experience a good clean out now and then. The thing is...... over the weekend end I was actually a bit constipated -- so the quick change was a bit of a shock.

We'll see what tomorrow brings.

Took out GF ground beef for dinner. I was thinking of making some kind of hamburger, sweet potato hash with a little tomato and cheese. ???? will have to run it by hubby. He's pretty good at throwing a bunch of stuff in a pan and making it taste amazing.
                    2. Eat to heal
                    3. Move to live
                    4. Embrace today
                    5. Live with intention
                    6. Respect my body
                    7. Cultivate joy
                    8. Find my passion

Comment

• Personally, I don't view diarrhea as a "clean out" in any positive way. Clearing up constipation is good and all, but as you know, diarrhea can be so exhausting. I would look farther back than yesterday for the culprit. You did say there were some non-primal eatings over the weekend, yes?
                      Depression Lies

Comment

• I nibbled on store bought cookies - and had rum. I think rum messes with my gut flora --- so I'm blaming it on that. I'm back to the "no rum" thinking. There are far more CON's than PRO's when I pencil it all out.
                        2. Eat to heal
                        3. Move to live
                        4. Embrace today
                        5. Live with intention
                        6. Respect my body
                        7. Cultivate joy
                        8. Find my passion

Comment

• Making Meatza for dinner............... I have to figure out the macro's -- ugh. I hate analyzing recipes. I'm sure there is a website someplace that can do that for me........... time to search.

found this: http://caloriecount.about.com/cc/recipe_analysis.php and it works really nice. Very easy!
                          Last edited by tomi; 11-13-2013, 09:25 AM.
                          2. Eat to heal
                          3. Move to live
                          4. Embrace today
                          5. Live with intention
                          6. Respect my body
                          7. Cultivate joy
                          8. Find my passion

Comment

• Weight is the same as yesterday. I didn't do any exercise yesterday I ate very well though - no cheats at all. I made some cream cheese clouds for snacking but I'm limiting myself to 2 per day.
                            2. Eat to heal
                            3. Move to live
                            4. Embrace today
                            5. Live with intention
                            6. Respect my body
                            7. Cultivate joy
                            8. Find my passion

Comment

• Mmmmm... cream cheese clouds!
                              Primal since March 5, 2012
                              SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• ok...what are cream cheese clouds????
                                Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

Working...
                                X