No announcement yet.

Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^Yeap. With Vitex, it took about a month and a half or two months before the libido effect kicked in.
    Depression Lies

Comment

• I'm gonna try the estrogen cream next - I'll keep taking the progesterone pills. They have a sedative effect so help put me to sleep! I haven't had a night sweat since I started on the hormones so that's a plus.

The instructions with my Estradiol patches specifically say not to put the patches on or near the breasts. I've tried them on my butt cheeks, on my upper thigh, lower back and mid back beneath my bra band. No matter where I put them they start to come off after a couple days. The longest I made it with one was 5 days.

I sure want to find my libido again.

Diet has been okay the past few days......... but I've had some rum/diet coke and cookies. I'm consistently overshooting my points goals on the WWs plan. I swear I have NO self control. Weight is still fluctuating over the same 3 pounds. Currently I'm on the upside of the fluctuation. GRRR........ I will conquer this demon!

I'm going to look at this treadmill I found on craigslist later today. There is a different one I'm more interested in, but the poster isn't responding to my emails. Why do people post stuff and then not check their emails?

Making plans for the Super Bowl party menu. This year we are doing all finger foods. We're going to buy a Sushi platter and the rest will be home made. Here is what I have so far:

Sushi Platter
      * Smoked Salmon Cucumber Bites
      * Bacon Guacamole Sammies
      Teriyaki Wings
      Bacon wrapped mini sausages
      Smoked Salmon dip and a cracker/veggie platter
      * Tuna and Avocado lettuce wraps
      * Crab Salad on Spinach Leaves
      Home made Beef Jerky and Smoked Salmon
      * Deconstructed Samosa

* these dishes are off the Nom Nom Paleo website.

We start planning early so we have lots of time to research and decide what we want to do. We normally have about 15-20 people over. This will be the first year we haven't done a regular meal. We've done burgers, taco bars, baked potato bars, Chili cook-offs, curry dinners, sandwiches, and deep pit bbq's. People always bring stuff too. My BIL always brings a shrimp dip thing, my niece always brings chips and homemade guacamole, a friend brings cake balls. Someone usually brings a fruit and/or veggie platter.
      1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
      2. Eat to heal
      3. Move to live
      4. Embrace today
      5. Live with intention
      6. Respect my body
      7. Cultivate joy
      8. Find my passion
      9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• We bought a really good used treadmill for $250
        1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
        2. Eat to heal
        3. Move to live
        4. Embrace today
        5. Live with intention
        6. Respect my body
        7. Cultivate joy
        8. Find my passion

Comment

• Originally posted by tomi View Post
          We bought a really good used treadmill for $250
          Nice! What make and model did you get?

Comment

• Its a Spirit 198 Programmable. I'm excited! Now I can walk or "jog" and not have to get cold! Hell, I don't even have to get dressed!
            2. Eat to heal
            3. Move to live
            4. Embrace today
            5. Live with intention
            6. Respect my body
            7. Cultivate joy
            8. Find my passion

Comment

Its a Spirit 198 Programmable. I'm excited! Now I can walk or "jog" and not have to get cold! Hell, I don't even have to get dressed!
              I have enjoyed and used the hell out of both of the treadmills I've had. My first one lasted over 15 years. I've had my present one, a Pro-Form Performance 600, for almost 3 years.

I like setting and meeting goals. It's what gets me up and on the treadmill on the days I could easily find an excuse.

Comment

• I put my first mile on it yesterday.
                2. Eat to heal
                3. Move to live
                4. Embrace today
                5. Live with intention
                6. Respect my body
                7. Cultivate joy
                8. Find my passion

Comment

• Woo hoo!!! The first of many!!
                  Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

• We got up this morning and went for a 30 minute bike ride. Just about 5 miles. Then after a little breakfast and little rest I got on the treadmill and did one of the programmed walks. It was 20 minutes of steady incline and then a gradual decline with multiple ups and downs. I had it set at 2 mph until the last 5 minutes where I upped it 2.5 mph. I'm not sure how accurate the calories burned thing is - probably NOT very accurate, but its fun to watch the number climb!

This morning for breakfast I ate the worst food I've had in the 2 years I've been primal. Hubby wanted pancakes.......... Krusteaz ........ so I had some too -- along with Mrs. Butterworth's syrup. It didn't really taste all that good - and I didn't like the mouth feel of the gummy pancake. I won't be doing that again. I much prefer eggs and meat!

Hubby is out blowing the leaves off the yard so I can give my shoulder a much needed rest.

While we were out on our bike ride we found a credit card laying in the street. I found the name of the person on the card on facebook and sent her and her husband messages. The card looks like it had been folded - like it was being thrown out. But, no signature on the back and the card is not expired so technically someone could have used it for online purchases. Good thing we found it I always cut up my credit cards in lots of small pieces before throwing them in the trash. Sometimes I will take a candle lighter and melt the numbers off. You can't be too careful.

My son finally got one non-paying tenant out of his house! She left behind a dresser and a mattress and she stole the electronic lock off the door. He says the toaster is also missing, but it could very likely be in one of the other bedrooms. Now to get pregnant jazz singer out and lady with 2 dogs who now also does NOT have a job. He's ready to sell that house and start FRESH with NO renters! Lesson learned the expensively hard way!

Weight...... still hanging at 190. I've concluded my scales weigh me 2 pounds heavy - as compared to both my moms and the doctors scales. But -- I'm more active now and that will definitely help get things moving in a downward direction. I still have a goal of being down to goal or very near goal by boating season 2014. Perhaps my birthday, July 25th, should be my ultimate deadline for meeting my goal.
                    2. Eat to heal
                    3. Move to live
                    4. Embrace today
                    5. Live with intention
                    6. Respect my body
                    7. Cultivate joy
                    8. Find my passion

Comment

• oh wow!!! Hubby's birthday is also July 25th!! Kewl!

I hope the couple gets ahold of you soon about the card! If it was stolen it's probably already been cancelled but I would still want it back. That was my first thought when I read your post...it didn't work anymore so someone pitched it out the window. But who knows. There is so much identity theft out there these days it's scary!
                      Last edited by theprimalcajun; 11-03-2013, 05:16 PM.

Comment

• I am VERY happy to report that with daily probiotics and 16 oz of kombucha I am now 7 weeks diarrhea FREE!!!
                        2. Eat to heal
                        3. Move to live
                        4. Embrace today
                        5. Live with intention
                        6. Respect my body
                        7. Cultivate joy
                        8. Find my passion

Comment

I am VERY happy to report that with daily probiotics and 16 oz of kombucha I am now 7 weeks diarrhea FREE!!!
                          Fantastic news!!!

Comment

• Excellent!
                            Primal since 9/24/2010
                            "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                            MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• That's great tomi!

Comment

• That's awesome tomi!!! Yay you!!

Comment

Working...
                                X