Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by marcadav View Post
    Tomi, what is the name of the endocrinologist you work for? I ask because my daughter and future SIL (did I mention my daughter got engaged 2 weeks after my son's wedding) are moving up here from San Diego in the next few weeks and my future SIL is a type 1 diabetic.
    Dr. Rodney Michaels, Firehouse Diabetes and Endocrine Center, 1585 Liberty St SE - 503-589-0565

He is taking new patients they will need a referral and all medical records from previous doctor.
    1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
    2. Eat to heal
    3. Move to live
    4. Embrace today
    5. Live with intention
    6. Respect my body
    7. Cultivate joy
    8. Find my passion
    9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• hahaha now I know what you look like AND where you work... let the stalking begin!
      Primal since March 5, 2012
      SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
        I found after my 50 gm protein breakfast, I wasn't hungry til dinner, so I didn't eat til then. Great way to work with IF like you like to do. I will try to remember to remind you, but bear in mind I can't remember to bring butter for lunch, so... lol
        hahaha! I will make a note at home so when I get back I can jump right back into it.

Work is crazy this week as I'm trying to get things caught up and be ahead of the game for my days off. My manager has me working on getting the NextMD patient portal set up, as well as sitting in a prospective employee interview. My job is growing and I will need to start planning to be here earlier in the day to get all of it accomplished. More hours are good for the paycheck - but I'm not really interested in working more than 20 hours a week. He is hinting of retiring in the next year or so and is handing over more and more of his work load. I don't think I would do the job the same as he does - I'm not that detail minded. We shall see how things develop. A few years at managers wages could certainly take a huge bite out of our mortgage and that is still my main focus. The sooner I see a paid off letter from the lender the sooner I will be retiring!!! Or at least finding something to do that I truly enjoy.

I stepped on the scale this morning and my weight was back up a tad. No biggy --- its going to fluctuate. I'm not going to think too much about weight loss until I get back from Arizona. We're wanting to do some hiking - and we tend to eat healthy when we are away --- steaks and fish are always the main focus when we travel. I may indulge in a little dessert though

We're leaving home at 5:00 AM tomorrow -- and I will be without a computer until I get back home. So this will be my last entry until Tuesday or Wednesday.

Hope y'all have a great weekend!
        1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
        2. Eat to heal
        3. Move to live
        4. Embrace today
        5. Live with intention
        6. Respect my body
        7. Cultivate joy
        8. Find my passion

Comment

• whatevzzzzz... you have an iPhone. Log on with your phone! jk Enjoy your vacation and know I am thoroughly jealous b/c I haven't been on a go away for an entire week vacation since my honeymoon.

Comment

• Thanks Tomi.

Comment

• Exactly what Jenn said!! Have a wonderful trip!!!!
              Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

• we're back! Had a great time! Relaxed a LOT! I had a couple days where I didn't feel so good - the diarrhea came back but without the pain. I think because I didn't have any kombucha for a couple days before we left - so the morning we left was not a good one. Then we ate Chinese on the 2nd night we were there I felt pukey the next day. I ate beef and broccoli - but I think it was "bad". I ate fairly well and am 2 pounds down from before we left. We went to the Phoenix Zoo - must have walked 3 miles! There are 2.5 miles of walking trails - but we back tracked and circled around a couple of them. We were pretty tired by the time we were done.

Hubby and I had a great time together - its nice to be married to your favorite person! He told me he was sad to have to go back to work and be away from me.

So anyway - back to reality.
                2. Eat to heal
                3. Move to live
                4. Embrace today
                5. Live with intention
                6. Respect my body
                7. Cultivate joy
                8. Find my passion

Comment

• Welcome back, Tomi! Being married to your favorite person is important. Brad and I feel this connection when we do things together, but alone (i.e. without the kids). When the kids are with us, we step out of husband and wife mode and into Mom and Dad mode...

I'm glad you had a good time on your vacation. Sorry you felt poorly a couple of days. Hopefully things will settle down again now that you're home.

YAY for weight loss on vacation! That like NEVER happens!

Comment

• I know - so I was excited to step on the scale and see a smaller number than before I left! SCORE!!!! I'm still up 6 pounds from what I was a month ago - but I'm feeling confident I can get things moving down again. I seem to be eating less at a sitting - I mean, I fill up 1/2 way through my meal. I haven't cleaned my plate in weeks! Well, except when I eat salad. I hope that means something good! Even when I'm having my favorite food - like sweet potato w/cinnamon and lots of butter - when the tank is full I STOP eating.
                    2. Eat to heal
                    3. Move to live
                    4. Embrace today
                    5. Live with intention
                    6. Respect my body
                    7. Cultivate joy
                    8. Find my passion

Comment

• Are you still following the LR?

Comment

• Welcome back Tomi

Comment

• I haven't been............ in fact most of our vacation we didn't eat before noon. I'm not sure if I'm gonna get back to it or not. Since my weight is dropping and I'm eating healthy, but smaller meals I might just see what happens naturally. I think I'm gonna wait a couple weeks and just do the eat when hungry and stop when full thing and see what comes of it.
                          2. Eat to heal
                          3. Move to live
                          4. Embrace today
                          5. Live with intention
                          6. Respect my body
                          7. Cultivate joy
                          8. Find my passion

Comment

• Welcome back Tomi!
                            Primal since 9/24/2010
                            "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                            MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I was just wondering this morning if you were back from your vacation! And here you are!! Yay!!! Glad you had a good time & sorry you were feeling poorly the first few days. And how kewl is it that you lost 2 lbs!!!

Glad to have you back!
                              Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

• Any beautiful scenery photos?

Comment

Working...
                                X