No announcement yet.

Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My doc says he will probably try to get on at a hospital because he will have to close his practice, he has a lot of elderly patients & Medicare takes forever to pay & now is refusing to cover some things. My chiro has said he will just retire when OCare kicks in. He is already in his late 60's anyways.

We won't go to the doc unless it's an emergency. Can't afford too. And can't afford the meds they are always so quick to write out. The future doesn't look very bright for those of us getting on up there in age, or can't afford that wonderful "free" healthcare the govt wants to provide. It's very disheartening. Those that are older than me are just plain frightened. Think socialized medicine is good? Talk to someone in Canada. They will tell you it's a joke.

I have always agreed that the healthcare system needs to be fixed...but not for the govt to take it over. Let the free markets do it.
    *sigh*.
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

• They can also put a lean on your property if you own anything.

Thank you to all the idiots who voted for this damn health care reform!!
      1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
      2. Eat to heal
      3. Move to live
      4. Embrace today
      5. Live with intention
      6. Respect my body
      7. Cultivate joy
      8. Find my passion
      9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• I wondered about that. We are all screwed no matter what! Let's just hope that they will defund it & we won't have to worry about it. Somehow I don't think that's gonna happen...but my fingers are crossed.

Comment

• so far the WWs is keeping me in check

The recipe I posted earlier today turned out really good! hubby loved it. And it was super easy. I had everything so didn't have to run to the store - score!

worried about my son. the situation with the freeloading "renters" is getting worse. Not sure how this is going to turn out. Now the one he was taking to eviction court is claiming she was "cleaning" and something fell on her foot and smashed it. BS! She wants his home owners info so she can file a claim. I told him not to talk to her about anything until her talks to his attorney. She's just a lying bitch who is taking advantage of him. He's trying to serve her with 72 hour eviction papers again because he didn't fill out the other one correctly and it had to be dismissed. UGH - stupid court technicalities. Its HIS house and he can't get her out! I don't understand our laws. I'm worried and can't sleep........ plus hubby is snoring like a mad polar bear tonight so I'm heading for the guest room.
          1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
          2. Eat to heal
          3. Move to live
          4. Embrace today
          5. Live with intention
          6. Respect my body
          7. Cultivate joy
          8. Find my passion

Comment

• Mad polar bear...lol

Sorry about your son's situation. It must be driving you crazy.
            Primal since 9/24/2010
            "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
            MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Sorry about Son's tenant issues. That totally sucks. What kind of injuries did she sustain from this so called "foot smashing"? Is it broken or just bruised? Did she see a doctor? If not, then what the hell does she have to claim by way of insurance? How 'bout, don't be a dumbass? And why is she cleaning the house? Shouldn't she just be worried about her areas? I guess I'm not sure how the house is broken up, but most scenarios I'm used to are ones where all the tenants live in separate areas. Are there common areas in the house that she was cleaning? Hopefully he can get her booted soon.
              Primal since March 5, 2012
              SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• My son served her another 72 hour notice last night. So if she isn't out by Sunday at 5:30pm he will file again Monday morning with the eviction court. So far he's out $1750 in attorneys fee's and $5000 in lost rent, just on this one. The other one owes him $5000 in rent as well.

I so want to scream "why didn't you listen to me when I told you to get back ground checks and references and employment verification?" I'm really mad at him for being so stupid. He's a typical high IQ person with zero common sense.

Weigh in Friday - down 1.4 pounds. I'll take that and be happy with it.

Today - Protein shake for breakfast (I'm stuffed) Dinner is Shari's American Chopped Salad w/honey mustard dressing. (not totally primal, but close enough).

Its mom day............ then home to do some much needed yardwork.
                2. Eat to heal
                3. Move to live
                4. Embrace today
                5. Live with intention
                6. Respect my body
                7. Cultivate joy
                8. Find my passion

Comment

• Sometimes we kids have to learn on our own and can't always take what Mom says as gospel. Sometimes we want to prove we can do it on our own without Mom's input. Often times we fail and realize we should have listened to Mom, but at that point, it's too late and all we can do now is work to fill in the hole we dug. But, having gone through that lesson, we never make the same mistake twice.

Your son isn't (wasn't) being stupid. He was being independent and making his own decisions and taking responsibility for his actions - which you raised him to do. He's a trusting individual, choosing to believe that there is good and responsibility in everyone. He just chose to trust the wrong people. No fault in that. He'll regret this decision, but will learn from it as well and will make different decisions next time.

It happens, Mom. We're here to learn and how can we learn to walk if we don't fall a few times? Try not to be so hard on him and just be understanding.
                  Primal since March 5, 2012
                  SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Well said, Jenn. Believe me, I have not said anything about my feelings to him. I've just been loving and supportive through all this. I would never pull the "I told you so" card on my son. But, I do need to vent my frustrations -- and this is where I do it. Well, here and FB. I tried to keep it generic on FB --- but the conversation sorta took on a life of its own after a bit. Luckily - he isn't on FB so will not see my comments.
                    2. Eat to heal
                    3. Move to live
                    4. Embrace today
                    5. Live with intention
                    6. Respect my body
                    7. Cultivate joy
                    8. Find my passion

Comment

• Ohhhh but Jenn....we can't help it!! We don't want you kids to make the same dumb mistakes we did!! 😉 Part of being a parent!! In our eyes you'll always be our babies!!!! ☺️

Comment

• ^ what she said! Its hard watching your kids make avoidable mistakes.
                        2. Eat to heal
                        3. Move to live
                        4. Embrace today
                        5. Live with intention
                        6. Respect my body
                        7. Cultivate joy
                        8. Find my passion

Comment

• ^x100!
                          Female 55
                          Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
                          Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• Yesterday was our Anniversary. 12 years!

Eating pretty good - but had rum over the weekend.

Thursday we fly to Arizona Looking forward to a little vacation in the sun.
                            2. Eat to heal
                            3. Move to live
                            4. Embrace today
                            5. Live with intention
                            6. Respect my body
                            7. Cultivate joy
                            8. Find my passion

Comment

• Originally posted by tomi View Post
                              Yesterday was our Anniversary. 12 years!

Eating pretty good - but had rum over the weekend.

Thursday we fly to Arizona Looking forward to a little vacation in the sun.
                              Happy anniversary and welcome to my neck of the woods

Comment

• We'll be in Phoenix.
                                2. Eat to heal
                                3. Move to live
                                4. Embrace today
                                5. Live with intention
                                6. Respect my body
                                7. Cultivate joy
                                8. Find my passion

Comment

Working...
                                X