No announcement yet.

Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have had no sex drive to speak of my whole married life. Never could understand why (& neither could hubby)...I like it...alot...when it happens. I figured it out after reading that thyroid book...I starting taking birth control pills 3 months before we got married & was on them most of our married life...except when we decided to try for a baby. It took me almost a year & a half to get pregnant. Then after having him I went back on the pill & took it till I was about 50. Used condoms ( which I despise) until it was confirmed that I was thru many paws. Birth control pills totally screw with your hormones...I also started gaining weight when I started taking the pill. All the puzzle pieces kinda fell in place & explained a lot. Now I can't blame the pill for all my weight gain...most of that was from making poor food choices...but it certainly contributed to a lot of hormonal problems I do think.

After many paws I was looking forward to a little more "action", but hubby's hormones must be all screwed up now because now he's not interested much & hasn't been for the last couple of years. Even with a little blue pill...which I really don't like him to take. Sooooo sometimes you can't win for losing! As the saying goes!! lol. But it's ok...I'm still crazy about the guy, he & baby boy are my world.
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

• I'll vouch for the Leptin Reset bringing back the energy and the frisky hormones! Can't remember how long that took last year, but when they finally came back, HELLO SAILOR!

I lost weight slowly and steadily on LR last, and I'm doing it again after my winter/spring family crisis backslide. I recently bumped up my daily protein intake to 1g per lb of lean body mass, and now I'm nice and toasty warm, where I used to be COLD ALL THE TIME.

I have 6-8 eggs in a shake, because otherwise I can't eat that many eggs in a sitting. You could blend your eggs with a GT Synergy kombucha if nut milks etc hurt your tummy (can't remember if they do). Other favorite sources of AM protein: lean turkey patties, grass-fed burgers and Trader Joe's sausages. Or ham and eggs.
      Last edited by kalli889; 09-26-2013, 10:01 AM.
      My Leptin Reset Journey

Current BF%: 35
      Goal BF%: 20-23

Comment

• Kalli - that is so great to hear! I had no idea leptin effected the old libido! I'm more committed to this now than I was 5 minutes ago before reading your post!!! I SOOOO want my MOJO back!!!! (I don't even know what MOJO is - but it seemed fitting for the context ) I'm eating 3 eggs and a meat in the morning. I've never tried nut milks. I am getting a little bored with eggs for breakfast but I think I just need to have some variety in how I cook them.

If you haven't shared this with Paula please do............ but I think she'll read it here too

Breakfast protein = 52.9, 3 eggs and 4.5 ounces of pork shoulder (lean only)

yesterdays macros:

Calories = 1330
        Carbs = 20%
        Fats = 47%
        Proteins = 32%

didn't feel like looking at the number this morning so didn't weigh.

I've been summoned for Jury Duty AGAIN for tomorrow. I have to check the website later today to see if my number is being called. This time I am #90. Today's calling was for 1-91 - that doesn't make me happy. I don't want to do Jury Duty. I will mean missed work and a smaller paycheck - not to mention and pain in the ass. The closest parking to the court house that is not 2 hr meters is 4 blocks away - and I still don't trust my bowels enough to know I can sit in a courtroom for hours and not need to use the restroom. I guess there is always the chance I won't be picked to be on the jury.

Hubby got home last night - actually he was home before I got home from work. He'd already showered and put away all his stuff. Its good to have him home.

I have to work early today - then to moms for shopping and bill paying. Then home for women's bible study at my house. Ugh - going to be a busy day.
        1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
        2. Eat to heal
        3. Move to live
        4. Embrace today
        5. Live with intention
        6. Respect my body
        7. Cultivate joy
        8. Find my passion
        9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• If picked, you can always talk to the judge in private about your concerns. When I got picked, folks who had hardships or anything could write a letter to the judge and at least one guy was excused. Otherwise, you'd probably have to rely on anti-diarrheals to be sure =\
          Depression Lies

Comment

• Yeah, before I did the Leptin Reset, I'd sleep all weekend, I wore simple black interchangeable shift dresses to work so I wouldn't have to think about clothes, I dragged myself out of bed every morning and I wore my hair in a bun. I saw gorgeous guys everywhere and could care less (I lived in NYC). Once the flirty hormones kicked in, I was popping out of bed before my alarm, which gave me time to do my hair and makeup, and you know, actually TRY! I started wearing more colorful things. I had way more energy, and suddenly I realized that there were gorgeous people everywhere and it was awesome. . Two thumbs up for Leptin Reset.
            My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• Kalli - you've restored my hope that life can be better! I've slipped into this very dull shade of grey life.......... and no - not 50 shades of grey - just one!

I'm looking forward to feeling better!
              1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
              2. Eat to heal
              3. Move to live
              4. Embrace today
              5. Live with intention
              6. Respect my body
              7. Cultivate joy
              8. Find my passion

Comment

• Wow...maybe I need the LR. I have no energy lately. How long does it take to feel normal? And how hard is it to get up andeat like that in the morning? I never eat in the morning. The bulk of my food is in the evenings and that would be the hardest thing to me.

Tomi, I very much agree with putting the scales up and letting your body continue to heal. Ultimately that is what we all want: A healthy body. I love that you never quit!
                You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
                height 5'3
                SW 215 lbs
                CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
                LW 172 lbs
                GW 125ish lbs

Comment

• Wow, my husband better watch out. I already have a decent drive...

I am a morning person who eats breakfast regularly, but the volume is a bit hard to take at first.
                  I think it is something that you can increase slowly, to avoid upset stomach issues.

One week in, I have noticed a very clear lifting of emotions and increase in energy.
                  Primal since 9/24/2010
                  "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                  MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Val -- from what I've read the reset should take about 6-8 weeks to get your leptin receptors working again. I think it is different for each person as to how the body will respond to that and start to feel better. I'm expecting this to take about 3-6 months.

I don't generally eat until after 11 am so this is a big change for me. Its just 11 right now and I'm feeling very full! I'm not used to this, but if it will help heal and restore my body then I am going to stick with it.
                    2. Eat to heal
                    3. Move to live
                    4. Embrace today
                    5. Live with intention
                    6. Respect my body
                    7. Cultivate joy
                    8. Find my passion

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                      Wow, my husband better watch out. I already have a decent drive...

I am a morning person who eats breakfast regularly, but the volume is a bit hard to take at first.
                      I think it is something that you can increase slowly, to avoid upset stomach issues.

One week in, I have noticed a very clear lifting of emotions and increase in energy.
                      Yeah Paula!

At your age I too still had a very healthy drive - 2-3 times a week was my normal desire, sometimes more. Once I was full into menopause every thing died. I mean almost to the month of being one year post period my sex drive was put out like a light. It was devastating! I cried! A part of me was missing! It been 2 years since that ending and I'm still missing it and trying to find my way back!!! Hence the desire for the bio-identical hormones. I see the doc on Tuesday - I've never looked forward to doctor appointment like this!! I have been fortunate not to have the other annoying menopausal symptoms - well except for the hot flashes - but no mood craziness I just want my libido back.......... and so does my husband!!!! poor guy!
                      2. Eat to heal
                      3. Move to live
                      4. Embrace today
                      5. Live with intention
                      6. Respect my body
                      7. Cultivate joy
                      8. Find my passion

Comment

• super tired today I haven't slept well the passed 2 nights. Waking every couple of hours to use the potty - or reposition due to shoulder pain.

my sinuses have been clear though

Last night hubby was snoring loudly - and even with my ear plugs in I had to wake him and make the rumbling STOP!!! He doesn't even remember me waking him to tell him he's snoring loudly! I have about an hour of work left - then on to moms for her stuff.

Still wishing my sis would step up and offer to take every other shopping trip and help with some other stuff - but I don't see it happening. She is very busy with her job.

I'm wanting to start organizing a sisters weekend for next summer. I need some sister time.
                        2. Eat to heal
                        3. Move to live
                        4. Embrace today
                        5. Live with intention
                        6. Respect my body
                        7. Cultivate joy
                        8. Find my passion

Comment

• You need to realize that while the LR helped Kalli get her sex drive back, she is young and very pre-menopausal. I would not expect the same results as she got in the libido department. The two of you have vastly differing hormone panels right now given your age difference.

I do hope it helps you though.
                          Primal since March 5, 2012
                          SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• I may need to look into doing a LR. My libido had been missing for a while, I could go for weeks and be fine. And I'm only 30.

Comment

• Jenn -- I didn't even think about that. But - with the bio-identicals and the LR - it could help??? I'm just grabbing at anything I can find here hoping something will bring the spark back!

Good news!!! All jury trials for tomorrow were settled out of court so I don't need to report! Yeah! Now I go back in the pool to be called another day. Hopefully my name will get lost in cyber space someplace and they won't send me another summons.

Got another job at work. We're setting up for the patient portal through NextGen and I'm the go-to girl. So, I've got to learn the program inside and out. It should mean more hours.

Also........... the manager is starting to get serious about retiring............ and wants me to take his place. So, over the next year he will most likely be training me to be the office manager. Some of the stuff I already know how to do, but he handles a lot of the financial stuff that I have never been involved in. (is that a dangling participle? how 'bout "of which I have not been involved") Anyway.......... if all this pans out I could be looking at salaried position again - with bennies - and will see my mortgage melt away like butter! The doc is 58 now - and starting to think about his own retirement - if I can pay off the mortgage before he retires I will be so happy!!! I've got it down $23,000 since January! Yeah for low interest rates!

Womens bible study is here tonight - they should arriving any minute so I should go.

Oh............ and I can tell something is different in my body - the bloat and inflammation is going away! Hoping to start feeling baggy pants soon - then I will step on the scale and see whats happening.

Feeling good!!
                              2. Eat to heal
                              3. Move to live
                              4. Embrace today
                              5. Live with intention
                              6. Respect my body
                              7. Cultivate joy
                              8. Find my passion

Comment

• If you're into research, I suggest reading THE HORMONE CURE, by Dr. Sara Gottfried. She works with women of all ages to rebalance their hormones, and has specific protocols for high cortisol, low cortisol, high estrogen, low estrogen, low progesterone, high androgens, and low thyroid. There are testimonials throughout the book of women (even post-menopausal women) getting their energy and verve back, and yes, sometimes this includes bio-identical hormones.

She says that a nourishing, low-glycemic diet definitely helps!

Good luck to everybody!
                                Last edited by kalli889; 09-26-2013, 10:22 PM.
                                My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

Working...
                                X