No announcement yet.

Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am now 19 days pain free and diarrhea free! Yeah for probiotics!
    1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
    2. Eat to heal
    3. Move to live
    4. Embrace today
    5. Live with intention
    6. Respect my body
    7. Cultivate joy
    8. Find my passion
    9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Its just after 2 pm. I haven't had anything solid today - just water w/lemon and a ginger kombucha. I'm starting to feel a little light headed. I think I will eat the rest of the salmon in a while.
      1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
      2. Eat to heal
      3. Move to live
      4. Embrace today
      5. Live with intention
      6. Respect my body
      7. Cultivate joy
      8. Find my passion

Comment

• If you're lightheaded, you should definitely eat. Good plan to chow on some salmon. Enjoy!
        Primal since March 5, 2012
        SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• hubby comes home tomorrow. They are back at Beacon Rock for the night. Then back to Portland tomorrow and home to ME!!!! I'm hoping he'll be home when I get home from work! He's leaving the boat in Portland and we'll use it on the weekends for the rest of October - except for the weekend of the 18th cuz we'll be in Arizona. We'll tell one our friends they are welcome to use it that weekend. Need to take out something for dinner tomorrow night .............. maybe I'll put some pork butt in the slow cooker in the morning. Yum!

I think I'm going back to VLC for a while. I don't think I want to pay WWs for the use of their point system - I'll just keep counting calories.

I'm about to give up on my scoby growing experiment. I must have done something wrong. There is a very thin and unformed mass at the bottom of the jar - but it hasn't change in a week. I bought another bottle of original and I'm going to try another batch. I'll leave the current one to grow (or not) since I have jars to spare.

Still feeling sickish........... have not napped.
          2. Eat to heal
          3. Move to live
          4. Embrace today
          5. Live with intention
          6. Respect my body
          7. Cultivate joy
          8. Find my passion

Comment

• Tomi, if you are going to go back to vlc anyway, why not join me in doing the Leptin Reset? It is under 50 g carbs for the day. Over 50g protein at breakfast. I admit that eating that much in the am is daunting. I have about 40 g in real food and 30 g in a protein drink.

Here is the link Leptin Reset Easy Start Guide | Living an Optimized Life
            Primal since 9/24/2010
            "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
            MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Sorry you are feeling so bad! Maybe it is just some weird virus. At the risk of sounding gross You have had stomach issues for so long and maybe that was helping to keep the weight down even when you were not trying to? Now that your tummy is all healed its not? Just a thought...our bodies are so weird!
              You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
              height 5'3
              SW 215 lbs
              CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
              LW 172 lbs
              GW 125ish lbs

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                Tomi, if you are going to go back to vlc anyway, why not join me in doing the Leptin Reset? It is under 50 g carbs for the day. Over 50g protein at breakfast. I admit that eating that much in the am is daunting. I have about 40 g in real food and 30 g in a protein drink.

Here is the link Leptin Reset Easy Start Guide | Living an Optimized Life
                I've looked at that before............ there was a reason why I chose not to - but I will look again and see if there is a reason I shouldn't. Thanks!
                2. Eat to heal
                3. Move to live
                4. Embrace today
                5. Live with intention
                6. Respect my body
                7. Cultivate joy
                8. Find my passion

Comment

• Originally posted by valmason01 View Post
                  Sorry you are feeling so bad! Maybe it is just some weird virus. At the risk of sounding gross You have had stomach issues for so long and maybe that was helping to keep the weight down even when you were not trying to? Now that your tummy is all healed its not? Just a thought...our bodies are so weird!
                  Yes, Val --- I have been thinking the same thing.......... BECAUSE........... my weight started to climb at the exact same time the pain and diarrhea was ending .............. it could very well be that my body is now finally absorbing what was passing through from top to bottom. I was so hoping it would be the other way around......... heal the gut - solve the weight issue. It could be my body just needs time to find its balance again. However - if my metabolism is really whacked because of so many years of illness I might have to find a way to live with it.

I'm drinking water w/TB lemon, but I hate the taste of water w/lemon -- YUCK!

Its sure storming over here on the west coast. I just saw on the news that Timberline Lodge (on Mount Hood) is getting SNOW!!! It won't stick cuz the temps will be too high tomorrow, but they are saying a few inches could accumulate over night. Right now its raining buckets!
                  2. Eat to heal
                  3. Move to live
                  4. Embrace today
                  5. Live with intention
                  6. Respect my body
                  7. Cultivate joy
                  8. Find my passion

Comment

• Your body may finally be getting the nutrients it needs. I wouldn't change a thing but try to ignore the scale for a month. Once your body replenishes everything it wouldn't get enough of, the weight might start coming off. I think you should flood your body with a wide array of nutrients before switching to weight loss goals. Take some time to celebrate resolving the digestive issues.

Comment

• Tomi for what it's worth, I think you should hide the scale, continue eating the way you are (maybe less potato), and go by clothing fit. You have many goals and you are accomplishing one (normal BM). Think how long this took. Do you really expect the other goal (weight loss) to come any quicker? Also keep in mind all the benefits you have achieved for your fibro with eating this way. Stay the course. Get fid of the satan scale!
                      Female 55
                      Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
                      Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• Yes, I agree. I'm not terribly worried about the weight now that I've had time to really think it all through. I am going to follow the rules for the Leptin Reset. Its basically just eating straight paleo/primal but it heavy on the breakfast and light on the lunch and dinner.
                        2. Eat to heal
                        3. Move to live
                        4. Embrace today
                        5. Live with intention
                        6. Respect my body
                        7. Cultivate joy
                        8. Find my passion

Comment

• I did some more research on the Leptin Reset - it makes sense and I'm going to give it a try. So starting in the morning I will get up and eat a healthy breakfast first thing. I better plan on eating lots of eggs though cuz I don't have any other meat thawed out. I could pull out a package of hamburger I suppose. I'd have to eat 8 eggs to get enough protein. That's a lot of eggs! I'll grab a pack of hamburger

Lets see how long I can stick to this plan...............

The scales .................... put them away or keep them out. I'm not sure on that one.

Hubby is so close to coming home! He should be home by the time I get off work tomorrow. yeah!
                          2. Eat to heal
                          3. Move to live
                          4. Embrace today
                          5. Live with intention
                          6. Respect my body
                          7. Cultivate joy
                          8. Find my passion

Comment

• Wishing you a happy (read frisky) reunion.
                            Female 55
                            Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
                            Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• Originally posted by tomi View Post
                              The scales .................... put them away or keep them out. I'm not sure on that one.
                              That question is what led me to not weighing myself anymore. I was even at the doctor's office yesterday and told them I didn't want to know my weight. They said that sounded like a good idea! It's been at least since June and I don't remember what I weighed the last time I looked. Anyway, if you're questioning it and feeling like, "How could I NOT weigh myself?" that tells me that it would be beneficial to let go of the scale. The fit of clothes & how you feel (and look, because we cannot deny the aesthetic factor of weight loss) is sufficient. Weight really IS arbitrary. It can be used to track trends, but to me, the primary goal is long term health (especially gut health). Knowing my mass in relation to the force of gravity really doesn't help me achieve that.

In a way, it's like asking someone to give up something they are addicted to. "If you are not addicted to coffee, I challenge you to live without it for 30 days." That kind of thing. Live without the scale for at least a month. If you really WANT it at the end of that time, you should probably continue not weighing. If you don't care, weigh or don't weigh! But know that it is just a number. It's not high or low, it just is. Getting the scale out of hiding, putting batteries back into it, purposely going out and BUYING a new one because you want to weigh seems like a really unhealthy relationship with the scale to me (not saying you would do this or have done this, I don't know, but I've read about this kind of behavior).
                              Depression Lies

Comment

• Originally posted by Pedidoc View Post
                                Wishing you a happy (read frisky) reunion.
                                Since I have nearly NO sex drive (thank you menopause) I don't really care about the frisky part for me - but I'm sure hubby would appreciate it! I'm hoping starting the bio-identical hormones will give me back my former very healthy libido! This is the only thing I truly hate about this time of life. I feel like a part of me died.

Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                                That question is what led me to not weighing myself anymore.
                                I definitely have a habit of stepping on the scale - but not every single day. Its more of a curiosity than an addiction. I didn't weigh this morning and I'm okay with that. I think I am going to start thinking more in terms of my visual size - and less in terms of the number on the scale. Most people guess me 20 pounds thinner than I am, so I know the number isn't a true reflection of my size. I am currently 190ish, at 5'3" ............ and I'm comfortably in a size 14 pants and large top. So, that tells me I have a lot of muscle beneath the blubber. I know what I want to look like - and that is what I should be shooting for -- not some arbitrary number on a scale.

I started the Leptin Reset Protocol today (at Paula's suggestion). I think this is a really good idea since I now have my gut in the mend. Today is 20 days of no gastric distress!
                                2. Eat to heal
                                3. Move to live
                                4. Embrace today
                                5. Live with intention
                                6. Respect my body
                                7. Cultivate joy
                                8. Find my passion

Comment

Working...
                                X