No announcement yet.

Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sounds like it's inflammation/bloating & water retention. Been eating anything different lately?
    Depression Lies

Comment

• You can really tell the difference in your face from your icon picture (which I think was just a few months ago, right?) and this one. Looking good!

Comment

• my icon was taken on August 3rd. so almost 2 months ago.

The only thing I've changed in the past 3 weeks (the gain period) is the addition of potatoes - nearly daily. I haven't had any nuts for about a week now.

I'm sure its inflammation/bloating -- I will stop the spuds and see what happens. Hopefully it will all go away in a weeks time! Maybe I need to get serious and do a full on strict paleo. Its HARD - but might need to be done.
        1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
        2. Eat to heal
        3. Move to live
        4. Embrace today
        5. Live with intention
        6. Respect my body
        7. Cultivate joy
        8. Find my passion
        9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• No time to comment on everything as I seem to have fallen way behind on the journals. I hope the WW plan works for you. I can see it being difficult due to the higher fat in the PB way of eating. WW figures its points based on calories, fat and fiber. Low fiber and high fat = high point value = less food overall for the day.

But it'll be interesting to see how it works for you.

Good luck!
          Primal since March 5, 2012
          SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• thanks, Jenn -- still trying to decide what to do.
            1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
            2. Eat to heal
            3. Move to live
            4. Embrace today
            5. Live with intention
            6. Respect my body
            7. Cultivate joy
            8. Find my passion

Comment

• I'm feeling very depressed today - I miss my hubby and the weather is really getting me down. We've had too many days of grey skies and rain. Hubby comes home tomorrow I'm really looking forward to that!

weight was up another pound 193.4 .............. I don't like that number. I'm going to fast today with only water and kombucha. I'm not eating an extra 3500 calories a day so this isn't fat gain. I'm wondering if my thyroid is doing something weird. I see the doctor in a week.

I forgot to put the trash out last night I missed the garbage truck this morning. Dang it!

I just want to crawl back into bed and stay there all day.......... I didn't sleep well last night and I'm sure that's a part of the problem.
              2. Eat to heal
              3. Move to live
              4. Embrace today
              5. Live with intention
              6. Respect my body
              7. Cultivate joy
              8. Find my passion

Comment

• I'm sorry you are feeling so crummy, Tomi. Please don't fast if you are hungry!

Treat yourself to some ginger tea?
                Depression Lies

Comment

• Tomi, I am so sorry the scale is causing you to feel bad. It seems very odd to me that you are randomly putting on weight. Take good care of yourself today.
                  Primal since 9/24/2010
                  "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                  MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I used to have chronic sinusitis, and I also have a deviated septum. Amazingly, since I stopped eating refined carbohydrates and wheat of any kind, I no longer have sinusitis or even a stuffy nose. In my experience anyway, 64 years of stuffy noses while eating SAD, and 2 of clear sinuses and easy breathing while eating good, it's obvious what works for me. From what folks report on the interweb, it appears a large number of other people have had similar experiences.

Like you said, it's not going to happen unless you stick with it. Unfortunately, that sticktoitiveness can only come from inside. Believe me I know from 66 years of trying to find something outside myself to solve my "issues" that it won't happen until I change my attitude internally. For me it took deterioration of my previously fantastic eyesight and finally, almost dieing on the operating table during gall bladder surgery to trip my internal motivation switch and start looking outside the box for solutions.

However, it is so much easier now than it ever was to make the necessary changes without fighting physical withdrawal symptoms. Sadly, the information to solve most of our health problems has always been out there. The forces in charge of what information the public gets from authoritative sources has been fubar for a long time. Fortunately, lately the scientific evidence has been piling up to contradict the "conventional" wisdom, and the Internet has given the masses access to the truth.

Everyone's body is different, so take anything I say with a huge grain of salt. There is no guarantee that what works for me will work for you. Your body is the only relevant laboratory that counts for you. Use it to determine what works best for you by doing your own n=1 tests.

Comment

• told my boss I'm not coming to work today......... I feel really awful! Tired, fuzzy brained, achy and a little bit of a sore throat. I think I'm coming down with something unpleasant. I just want to go back to bed. Maybe I'll go crawl into the bed in the guest room for a bit.

Yes the random weight gain is a mystery. Something is causing my system to be out of whack right now. I'm on my second glass of water with a TB of lemon juice.
                      2. Eat to heal
                      3. Move to live
                      4. Embrace today
                      5. Live with intention
                      6. Respect my body
                      7. Cultivate joy
                      8. Find my passion

Comment

• Maybe the stress of your hubby being gone is causing your body to hold onto water.

Comment

• Or maybe you're right and it's your thyroid. Maybe it's been your thyroid all along. Maybe your meds are no longer right and you should see the endocrinologist again for an evaluation? Thyroid can contribute to depression too.

I hope you feel better soon.
                          Primal since March 5, 2012
                          SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• I see my doc next Tuesday to discuss bio-identical hormones - gonna see about having the thyroid checked again too.

My weight was holding steady for a long time - even eating "bad" foods didn't cause it to fluctuate more than a pound or 2 - but in the past month I have seen a steady rise and this week it gone up like crazy!

I'm not feeling well today at all. Maybe the weight is in response to a viral thing? who knows..........
                            2. Eat to heal
                            3. Move to live
                            4. Embrace today
                            5. Live with intention
                            6. Respect my body
                            7. Cultivate joy
                            8. Find my passion

Comment

• Sorry you're not feeling well tomi! Your body may be trying to fight off a bad bug. Eat gently & pamper yourself for a few days. Hubby coming home tomorrow will probably help but something seems to be going on for you to have that much of a gain. Hopefully your doc will listen to you & be able to help. Did you ever get your book in?
                              Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

• Haven't got the book yet - but it should be soon.

I'm taking it easy............ just water and kombucha so far today -- giving my system a little break. I have to do the bills/deposit for the boatshop and a couple other small things - easy day. I really hate calling in sick to work though. I always feel like they think I'm faking
                                2. Eat to heal
                                3. Move to live
                                4. Embrace today
                                5. Live with intention
                                6. Respect my body
                                7. Cultivate joy
                                8. Find my passion

Comment

Working...
                                X