No announcement yet.

Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Understand the not being able t sleep with DH not there - spent years with him on night shift. If it was particularly bad, I would get a t-shirt that smelled like him and cuddle with it. It helped relax me enough to go to sleep.
    Female 55
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Pedidoc View Post
      Understand the not being able t sleep with DH not there - spent years with him on night shift. If it was particularly bad, I would get a t-shirt that smelled like him and cuddle with it. It helped relax me enough to go to sleep.
      awe That's sweet I might try that tonight. I slept fine once I decided to go to bed at 2 am.
      1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
      2. Eat to heal
      3. Move to live
      4. Embrace today
      5. Live with intention
      6. Respect my body
      7. Cultivate joy
      8. Find my passion
      9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• I have no problem being alone. I lived alone the last year and a half of college and then 2 years before I was married. After I got married my ex traveled a lot for work so once again I was often alone, until I had kids. Since moving back to OR I've lived alone and like it. When my kids come for a visit, as much as I love having them here, I miss my quiet house after a few days.

Congratulations on being diarrhea free for thirteen days. I hope talking about it doesn't jinx things. I say that because every time I mention to my best friend or cousin that I haven't had a period that month,it comes calling in the next day or two.

Comment

• I slept in Hulky's shirts and most comfy PJ pants while he was away last month. I also used a big stuffed shark toy as a place filler for him. I don't like to snuggle while sleeping, but I liked having something big-ish next to me.
          Depression Lies

Comment

• I swipe a shirt of his from the laundry bin and put it on Sheba ( a stuffed Jaguar he gave me for our first Valentine's Day.) I would curl around his pillow, but he takes it with him.
            Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
            My Latest Journal

Comment

• All you young girls are soooo sweet & romantic!! Makes me remember my younger days! Sweet memories!
              Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

• Me too Tomi. I could not live in Oregon. Even in Florida I get depressed in Fall/Winter sometimes severely. I really have to work at it. I have started looking forward to the Winter Solstice because it means that the days will begin to get longer again.

Originally posted by tomi View Post
                Doesn't sound at all appealing................ I will stay with the no-seeded drinks

I believe fall has arrived in Oregon. Yuck........... my least favorite season. Lots of clean up and then everything goes dormant for the long winter ahead. To me - it feels like the world of plants and greenness and blooming things goes to sleep from October to April - and we have to stay awake and go on with our lives. Fall and winter make me sad.
                You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
                height 5'3
                SW 215 lbs
                CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
                LW 172 lbs
                GW 125ish lbs

Comment

• Wow...I feel like a bum now Marcadav and PC you are inspiring! Thank you!
                  You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
                  height 5'3
                  SW 215 lbs
                  CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
                  LW 172 lbs
                  GW 125ish lbs

Comment

• Originally posted by marcadav View Post
                    I have no problem being alone. I lived alone the last year and a half of college and then 2 years before I was married. After I got married my ex traveled a lot for work so once again I was often alone, until I had kids. Since moving back to OR I've lived alone and like it. When my kids come for a visit, as much as I love having them here, I miss my quiet house after a few days.

Congratulations on being diarrhea free for thirteen days. I hope talking about it doesn't jinx things. I say that because every time I mention to my best friend or cousin that I haven't had a period that month,it comes calling in the next day or two.
                    I hope I didn't jinx it too!!!!
                    1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                    2. Eat to heal
                    3. Move to live
                    4. Embrace today
                    5. Live with intention
                    6. Respect my body
                    7. Cultivate joy
                    8. Find my passion

Comment

• Today was cloudy when I got up...... then hot and sunny around noon............ now its 5 pm and raining! Glad I got the yard work done before the first drop fell!
                      2. Eat to heal
                      3. Move to live
                      4. Embrace today
                      5. Live with intention
                      6. Respect my body
                      7. Cultivate joy
                      8. Find my passion

Comment

• I just realized I counted wrong. Today is day 16 with no pain and no diarrhea
                        2. Eat to heal
                        3. Move to live
                        4. Embrace today
                        5. Live with intention
                        6. Respect my body
                        7. Cultivate joy
                        8. Find my passion

Comment

• What a lazy day!! I have done absolutely nothing today. Its 12:45 I guess I should get something accomplished today.

I miss my hubby

I've been eating pretty good I stashed the m&m's in the big freezer in the garage after I wrapped them in packing tape! Safe and sound! Breakfast was 2 fried eggs with fried potatoes.

Been looking online for a couple of bedside tables. Not having any luck finding what I want for what I want to pay.

My legs ache like crazy today! weird.

Rambling thoughts............. I might just go sit on the couch and watch dumb movies all day
                          2. Eat to heal
                          3. Move to live
                          4. Embrace today
                          5. Live with intention
                          6. Respect my body
                          7. Cultivate joy
                          8. Find my passion

Comment

• Not sure what the heck is happening to my body........... This morning I was 188 - up 3 pounds in one week. A few hours later I stepped on the scale again and it said 192. How do gain 4 pounds in 3 hours? I ate 2 eggs and hashed browns for breakfast - that it. I haven't seen these numbers in a YEAR! Why am I blowing up? The only thing I've been doing differently is that I've been eating white or sweet potatoes every day for a couple weeks. Could that be causing the weight gain? THAT much? Seriously............ I still don't eat enough calories for this to be real FAT gain! I have been working on the bowflex more............ muscle gain?

I'm horrified and frustrated!
                            2. Eat to heal
                            3. Move to live
                            4. Embrace today
                            5. Live with intention
                            6. Respect my body
                            7. Cultivate joy
                            8. Find my passion

Comment

• You can not be sure your scales are behaving correctly. You lifted a ton of pellets. This may be your muscles retaining water to help them heal. Do you feel heavier? Are your clothes fitting differently?

Maybe this is a lesson to show you how inaccurate/unimportant the number on that box is.

Comment

• Don't weigh yourself twice in one day. Pick a time to weigh yourself - usually morning is best - and only weigh then. Scales lie, and they aren't always accurate. The best you can hope for is a trend.
                                My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Working...
                                X