• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chocolate ice cream tonight......
    Female 55
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• Hi Toni,
      I really have enjoyed reading your journal. I suffer with a lot of aches and pains but have no diagnoses. I started this journey in order to get healthy im tired of being sick and tired all of the time.I do have quite a bit of weight to lose but my focus is on my health.
      Thanks for sharing your journey!!

Comment

• Did you find Krave jerky at Safeway? If not, Costco had this today:
        Krave Black Cherry Barbecue gourmet pork jerky Pork

Comment

• I think we all have weak days where we don't give a shit and eat whatever we want and pay the consequences. The problem lies with not getting back on track. I hope you can square your resolve and get back on track quickly.
          Primal since March 5, 2012
          SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Originally posted by honeybuns View Post
            I had a McDonald's Chicken and bacon Wrap and a strawberry milkshake. There. Feel better?
            Originally posted by Pedidoc View Post
            Chocolate ice cream tonight......
            I LOVE YOU GIRLS!!!! YES!!! I feel better! Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who ever screws up! Thanks for the confessions!

Originally posted by imsuchaprincess View Post
            Hi Toni,
            I really have enjoyed reading your journal. I suffer with a lot of aches and pains but have no diagnoses. I started this journey in order to get healthy im tired of being sick and tired all of the time.I do have quite a bit of weight to lose but my focus is on my health.
            Thanks for sharing your journey!!
            Hey - ISAP! Welcome to MDA and to my world in it! I have found life without pain in eating a primal diet - I certainly hope you can too! Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Originally posted by marcadav View Post
            Did you find Krave jerky at Safeway? If not, Costco had this today:
            Krave Black Cherry Barbecue gourmet pork jerky Pork
            I did find it at Safeway - but at $5.99 for 3.25 oz! OUCH! Do remember what it was a Costco? Last time I was there they had some raspberry flavor - but not the Teriyaki Pork, which is the one that had the recall due to manufacture bag sealing problems. I need to make my own - we have a smoker!
            1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
            2. Eat to heal
            3. Move to live
            4. Embrace today
            5. Live with intention
            6. Respect my body
            7. Cultivate joy
            8. Find my passion
            9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• First night on new bed! VERY good! Although - getting used to it will take time. I don't feel rested because I woke up a lot during the night. I love a firm bed - but I'm used to a squishy one!

Work this AM - then yard work.

Weight - back up to 187. I'm bloated and its my own fault. Now I have 5 pounds to get rid of again. Hoping to see the doc about the bio-identicals SOON!
              1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
              2. Eat to heal
              3. Move to live
              4. Embrace today
              5. Live with intention
              6. Respect my body
              7. Cultivate joy
              8. Find my passion

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
                I think we all have weak days where we don't give a shit and eat whatever we want and pay the consequences. The problem lies with not getting back on track. I hope you can square your resolve and get back on track quickly.
                Yeap, agreed. Tomi, you already know you can do this! Let us know if there is something we can say to remind you to keep on track (what's the immediate goal?). Maybe it would help to come up with some paleo treats in case of emergency or events. That way even if you ARE planning to stay clean, you have something to fall back on that's relatively safe. I like having a safety net of gluten-free goodies (or the makings for them), even if they make me gassy right now
                Depression Lies

Comment

• Thank you Toni!!
                  I'm sure I will have questions along the way. Did you say you live in Washington state? I live about an hour away from Seattle. out in the country close to mount Rainier.

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
                    I think we all have weak days where we don't give a shit and eat whatever we want and pay the consequences. The problem lies with not getting back on track. I hope you can square your resolve and get back on track quickly.
                    thanks, Jenn! That day is today! Back on top of things!
                    2. Eat to heal
                    3. Move to live
                    4. Embrace today
                    5. Live with intention
                    6. Respect my body
                    7. Cultivate joy
                    8. Find my passion

Comment

• Originally posted by imsuchaprincess View Post
                      Thank you Toni!!
                      I'm sure I will have questions along the way. Did you say you live in Washington state? I live about an hour away from Seattle. out in the country close to mount Rainier.
                      I'm in Oregon - but there are a couple others I know live up in Washington.
                      2. Eat to heal
                      3. Move to live
                      4. Embrace today
                      5. Live with intention
                      6. Respect my body
                      7. Cultivate joy
                      8. Find my passion

Comment

• OKAY - I have an appointment scheduled with my doctor for October 1st to discuss my weight and the bio-identical hormones. Hubby is okay with the cost if its going to help me feel better.

I wish I didn't have to wait 3 weeks - but she's a busy doctor! I could have gotten in a week earlier, but the appointment offered conflicted with my work hours.
                        2. Eat to heal
                        3. Move to live
                        4. Embrace today
                        5. Live with intention
                        6. Respect my body
                        7. Cultivate joy
                        8. Find my passion

Comment

• Sorry Tomi, I didn't even check the price because cherry flavored jerky didn't sound appealing.

Comment

• Am I too late...almond m&ms.

Comment

• Pfeh. We all have those days that need a heavy dose of Fukitol. Heck, I had one yesterday, fell face first into pizza, garlic rolls, and a Blizzard. Learned the hard way not to do that last one again.
                              Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                              My Latest Journal

Comment

• You have no idea how much better this makes to feel to know that I'm not the only one around here who eats REALLY crappy stuff once in a while!

I'm not feeling very good today............. gee - you think it could be from the crap I put in my mouth the past couple days?

Time to re-group and get a grip again. My little sideline is costing me from feeling good - and its got me feeling and looking puffy and bloated! When I got up this morning I looked like someone had injected my lower eye lids with jello! Little balls a squishi-ness. I little gentle rubbing and they went away.

UGH................ stupid - stupid - stupid!!!

Okay - I'm done beating up on myself.

My car should be done in a couple of hours I love the rental - but its not my pathfinder. I want MY car back! But the back up camera on the rental is pretty awesome!

I'm gonna try my hardest to get back to whole30 eating. I need to go shopping for some staples. And I need to make sure I have enough meat on hand. I have lots of fish - but hubby is going to be smoking soon, and I'm sure he'll clean out the freezer!

Costco: whole chickens and breasts. Ground beef. Tenderloin. Jerky (but not cherry - eeewww!). Cashews (if less than $11.99/lb).

I want to get back down to the LOW 180's before I see the doctor in 3 weeks.

I haven't done Barre3 in nearly a week.

There............ random thoughts are lassoed and round up.............. I think.
                                2. Eat to heal
                                3. Move to live
                                4. Embrace today
                                5. Live with intention
                                6. Respect my body
                                7. Cultivate joy
                                8. Find my passion

Comment

Working...
                                X