No announcement yet.

Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gearing up for winters cold! The pellets for the stove are getting delivered today. 3 TONS. The guy who does the annual tune up on the pellet stove is coming Friday. I'm so not ready for the warm temps to be done

Still waiting for an appointment with the doc. I used the online appointment request form. They usually are very prompt about getting back to me - but I sent in the request on Friday and I still haven't had a response. I'll wait a couple more days and then I'll call or stop by there on my way home from work - its only 4 blocks from my office.

We bought a new bed Its a king sized memory foam with the cooling technology. Its super firm They are delivering it tomorrow. 36 months no interest so I took advantage of that. Normally we pay cash for everything but this purchase would have cleaned out the bank so I opted for the payments. I'll hold off on the extra mortgage payments for a few months and pay off the bed. I need to buy a head board for it. Our queen is coming downstairs and becoming the guest bed in my sons old bedroom. I need to clean out and clean up in there so hubby and I can make the move of the queen tonight. Not much to do - just need to move some stuff out and clean a spot on the carpet where he spilled iced tea years ago.
    1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
    2. Eat to heal
    3. Move to live
    4. Embrace today
    5. Live with intention
    6. Respect my body
    7. Cultivate joy
    8. Find my passion
    9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• I'm with the rest of the girls. They're in a hard way and needed quick cash or a quick trade. Most thefts are ones of necessity - be that necessity food, booze, or drugs. An iPhone charger can be traded for a joint or a shot of heroin. I once saw a boyfriend kick out the window of a car to steal a jar of change. I think the total was $5. He used it to buy a bottle of pop and a pack of smokes (smokes were cheap then). He didn't care and he certainly didn't think about how much it was going to cost the other person to get it fixed. He was thinking only of what he wanted and saw an opportunity to get it. He was an opportunist if nothing else.

If it makes you feel any better, the system will eventually catch up with them. This particular boyfriend spent 5 years in prison for meth related charges - they found making materials in his house, but no actual lab, and were unable to bust him for manufacturing, but were able to bust him for selling or something like that. He was using meth when he kicked the window out of the car... so eventually, karma gets hers.
      Primal since March 5, 2012
      SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Brad and I have a memory foam bed. They stink for about a month. Be prepared for the stink. I love ours. Brad hates it. Ours is a base model so no cooling technology. He's a hot sleeper, so he is not a fan of the bed. But me? I sleep like a rock!

Comment

• We have been sleeping on a memory foam mattress for about 8 years. Its the original technology - and sleeps HOT! We decided to step up to the king size and get the new one that is supposed to have a cooling ability - so no more sweaty nights
          1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
          2. Eat to heal
          3. Move to live
          4. Embrace today
          5. Live with intention
          6. Respect my body
          7. Cultivate joy
          8. Find my passion

Comment

• at work............... taking a break. I think I'm going to slip out soon. Tuesdays and Thursdays all I do is monitor charts and set up new ones for incoming patients. It gets VERY monotonous! Especially when I get a chart with a list of meds that stretches several pages!!!! UGH! How can people take so many freakin' medications? And how on earth do they pay for them all?
            2. Eat to heal
            3. Move to live
            4. Embrace today
            5. Live with intention
            6. Respect my body
            7. Cultivate joy
            8. Find my passion

Comment

• They don't - we all do. It's tragic, really.
              My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• so true! what a mess!!
                2. Eat to heal
                3. Move to live
                4. Embrace today
                5. Live with intention
                6. Respect my body
                7. Cultivate joy
                8. Find my passion

Comment

• the bed is being delivered between 3-5 pm Wednesday That means having to rearrange my work hours - but its all good
                  2. Eat to heal
                  3. Move to live
                  4. Embrace today
                  5. Live with intention
                  6. Respect my body
                  7. Cultivate joy
                  8. Find my passion

Comment

• We moved the queen memory foam bed down to what is now our guest room - formerly my sons room. We slept in there last night since our new bed will not be delivered until the afternoon. I was not warm enough and my shoulders were hurting all night so I didn't sleep well at all.

I really need to think about seeing a doctor to find out if this shoulder pain is simply bursitis/tendonitis or if it is something more serious. I was told by a doctor in 2001 that I would be facing shoulder surgery within 5 years. So far I've beat that prediction! But I do think its time for a little investigation. My means of fixing the issue has always been to alter the way I sleep - not putting my arm up under my pillow - normally that fixes things after a couple months and then I'm good for a while. But it isn't working the same this time - plus I am having more issues that I've never had before. There is a lot of popping and grinding noises coming from both my shoulders - the right is worse. We will have to save up if I'm going to need surgery - we have a $5000 deductible for surgical procedures.

Maybe I need to do a little investigating on shoulder pain and problems before I bother talking to the doc about it. Which reminds me............ I still don't have a response to my request for an appointment to see her about the bio-identical hormones. Wonder what the hold up is? Maybe they have a short staff right now - I noticed they are advertising for an MA.

Just read this about shoulder impingement. After reading this I remembered that I switched from ibuprofen to naproxen around the time the should pain started - maybe I need to go back to ibuprofen? I have taken 800 mg at night for many years as a part of my fibromyalgia treatment. About 3 months ago I ran out so I started taking one naproxen nightly. I'll switch back to twice daily doses of 800 mg ibuprofen for a couple weeks, then go back to just the nightly dose and see if there is any improvement in my shoulder pain and mobility. That's a much better solution than thinking about possible surgery! If there is not damage to the rotator cuff or bicep muscles then I don't need surgery. I just need to heal the inflammation. I suppose the noisiness of the joint is just due to age - wear and tear! The article says the majority of sufferers are able to successfully treat the problem with meds and don't need to resort to surgery! I just took 800 mg ibuprofen - hoping to feel some relief of pain soon!
                    2. Eat to heal
                    3. Move to live
                    4. Embrace today
                    5. Live with intention
                    6. Respect my body
                    7. Cultivate joy
                    8. Find my passion

Comment

• I'm excited to get the new bed - but feeling a bit of the old buyers remorse! This is a sizable investment! We purchased the Tempur-Pedic Rhapsody Breeze in King. Total price = $4499.00 Oh my stars!!! I should be able to pay it off within 6 months, but that will mean no extra mortgage payments during that time. This bed should last us until we DIE! This should be our LAST major purchase for a very long time! All our major appliances are fairly new (within 5 years) - the only thing to be concerned with is the furnace, but I believe it was put in when they did the remodel in 1998. The heat pump is probably 25 years old though. However - we rarely use those sources of heat/cooling -- we have the pellet stove as our main source of heat and I don't turn on the AC unless the outside temp is over 95. So, theoretically we could live without both if necessary. The fridge and dishwasher are newish, the washer/dryer are newish (all within the past 5-8 years). Hopefully we're set!

I hate spending money!
                      2. Eat to heal
                      3. Move to live
                      4. Embrace today
                      5. Live with intention
                      6. Respect my body
                      7. Cultivate joy
                      8. Find my passion

Comment

• A tempurpedic bed has a 20 year warranty on it, so if it starts to break down, they'll replace it. Ours was recently replaced on warranty b/c our fat bodies caused craters.

That price isn't unheard of for a TempurPedic. We got a base model and spent $3200.

Comment

• I'm feeling good in the gut! 14 days and only 2 days of pain and diarrhea. About 1/2 and 1/2 no BM or soft BM. I think the probiotics and the kombucha are doing the trick!

My scoby is growing! I'm so excited to be able to make my own kombucha soon! YEAH! This $3 a day thing is getting EXPENSIVE!
                          2. Eat to heal
                          3. Move to live
                          4. Embrace today
                          5. Live with intention
                          6. Respect my body
                          7. Cultivate joy
                          8. Find my passion

Comment

• my new bed is 10 minutes away! Yeah! hoping to sleep really great tonight!
                            2. Eat to heal
                            3. Move to live
                            4. Embrace today
                            5. Live with intention
                            6. Respect my body
                            7. Cultivate joy
                            8. Find my passion

Comment

• all done! We have a new bed to sleep in tonight!

Boy --- I fell into the "I don't give a shit" bucket! Face first! I've been eating all kinds of the wrong stuff the past 3 days.

Gotta get back on the right track. I've had flour, sugar and chocolate all 3 days. And my body feels it -- stiff and achy and bloated!

I know this is gonna sound like a whiney butt............. BUT, I sure wish hubby was on board with me so he could help me out during times when I just wanna RELAX! We are good at being strong when the other is weak --- but when it comes to health and nutrition --- he's NEVER strong! And sometimes I just need someone to come along side and be my helper! Dang!

Okay............ time to get myself facing the right direction again.

Please don't be too militant with me --- I feel crappy enough already.
                              Last edited by tomi; 09-11-2013, 05:33 PM.
                              2. Eat to heal
                              3. Move to live
                              4. Embrace today
                              5. Live with intention
                              6. Respect my body
                              7. Cultivate joy
                              8. Find my passion

Comment

• I had a McDonald's Chicken and bacon Wrap and a strawberry milkshake. There. Feel better?
                                Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Working...
                                X