No announcement yet.

Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chocolate & IBS don't seem to go well together. Not sure why. If I eat it plain, it's bad. With other things, not so much, but maybe that's because there's less of it. I think a chocolate-free Whole30 would probably be a good idea. Are there any dried fruits that are low FODMAPS that you could snack on?
    Depression Lies

Comment

• FODMAPS guidelines are to avoid all dried fruit because of the concentrated sugars.
      1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
      2. Eat to heal
      3. Move to live
      4. Embrace today
      5. Live with intention
      6. Respect my body
      7. Cultivate joy
      8. Find my passion
      9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Tomi, if you are having afternoon/evening cravings for sugar, I suggest supplementing L-glutamine. I put a tsp. of the powder form under my tongue in the evening to head off the carb monster. Now I take it in three doses throughout the day.
        Primal since 9/24/2010
        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
        MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I can't really say I crave carbs. I just crave a snack. I don't have anything to snack on except what we have in the house that is supposed to be for hubby. Oreo's and m&m's. I guess I should get more cashews since that's my go to snack when I have it available. We have corn chips - but I've been fighting the urge to go for those since its a "habit" that I'm breaking. Purhaps I should make SNACKING a habit to break - then I won't have to worry about it.

I mean............... is there a HEALTHY snack that won't hurt my stomach, give me diarrhea or make me bloated?

Too bad popcorn is supposed to be a no no food. But I think for the sake of avoiding the painful snacks I might consider eating popcorn again.

I've looked at all the paleo snack foods - I can't find any that aren't chocolate, nuts or some nut flour. Or fruit which is also a thing I'm trying to stay away from. Its pretty stupid............ I will resist buying things that I know are not on my list of "ok" foods --- unless they things hubby wants. And he always wants oreos and m&ms. I'll buy those for him......... but then those are the only thing in the house to nibble on in the evenings when I want something to snack on.

If I eat a filling, satisfying dinner I don't really want a snack -- but last night we had sushi -- and you know what happens with sushi - 45 minutes after you eat - you're hungry again.

Maybe I should make sweet potato fries in the evening? I guess that would be a healthy thing to snack on I'll have to give that some thought............. sweet potato fries or butternut fries - even white potato fries would be 1000 times better than going for the m&ms!!!
          1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
          2. Eat to heal
          3. Move to live
          4. Embrace today
          5. Live with intention
          6. Respect my body
          7. Cultivate joy
          8. Find my passion

Comment

• If you get organic corn kernels and pop your own, I don't think popcorn is so bad. I just did that for the first time tonight and it was good. I knew exactly what I was eating... popped corn kernels, coconut oil, and sea salt.

Comment

• Does corn bother you? If not, popcorn is the least of your worries.
              Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Pork Rinds
                Primal since 9/24/2010
                "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I used to eat pork rinds............ sorta got sick of them - but I'll give it another try.

Corn doesn't bother me I'm gonna try popcorn I'll get unbuttered/salted and add my own
                  2. Eat to heal
                  3. Move to live
                  4. Embrace today
                  5. Live with intention
                  6. Respect my body
                  7. Cultivate joy
                  8. Find my passion

Comment

• Teach - I didn't know you could pop ordinary corn.................. I thought it was a special "bred"
                    2. Eat to heal
                    3. Move to live
                    4. Embrace today
                    5. Live with intention
                    6. Respect my body
                    7. Cultivate joy
                    8. Find my passion

Comment

• Pork rinds are my go-to nibbly when I want crunchy. Corn stuffs up my sinuses or I'd eat popcorn.

Comment

• I just ordered some off amazon that's organic. Worked okay, going to try heating the oil first next time though as some of it burned.

Comment

• Complete fodmap list for a happy gut | Blog | Cassandra Forsythe Connecticut's Female Fitness and Nutrition Scientist

I find it interesting that the green onions are allowed. I have found this to be true for my cooking

Comment

• What about jerky as a snack?
                            My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
                            My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
                            Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
                            Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Comment

• I second the pork rinds for the occasional snack for curbing salty-crunchy cravings. I too got burned out on them after over-indulging early in my VLC time. That's why I now recommend occasionally using them (if that's even possible). The ones from the Mexican markets are the best, IMHO. Oven roasted kale is also a great snack. My "secret" to getting past sweet cravings (I was a huge m&m lover in my SAD days) is coffee with heavy cream and sf sweetener. Not exactly paleo by any means but it helped me tremendously on my journey from 254# to my current 178# (6'1"). Now that I have lost my excess body fat and reduced my insulin, I am eating paleo to tweak my health for the rest of my life. I'm a LADA so low carbing will always be part of my lifestyle. For me, everyone is different, cutting out all grains and cereals plus added sugars was the only way I could completely eliminate the IBS, asthma, seasonal and pet allergies, and fungal infections that plagued me (I believe as a consequence of my autoimmune disease). Thank you so much for your input on fibromyalgia. My wife has suffered from this malady for 15 years and I hope I can get her off the nasty Rx drugs. Keep up the good work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

• Originally posted by cpmodem View Post
                                Thank you so much for your input on fibromyalgia. My wife has suffered from this malady for 15 years and I hope I can get her off the nasty Rx drugs. Keep up the good work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
                                I hope you can help your wife change her diet and bring back her health. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.
                                2. Eat to heal
                                3. Move to live
                                4. Embrace today
                                5. Live with intention
                                6. Respect my body
                                7. Cultivate joy
                                8. Find my passion

Comment

Working...
                                X