Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tomi View Post
    Well then by all means let me extend my pointer finger and shake it in her face and say to her................ SHAME ON YOU!!!
    Miley prefers foam pointer fingers. Just sayin'.
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

Are you gonna do it?

You really should put your picture on here so if we happen to cross paths I will recognize you!!!
      Yes, my daughter and I decided to do it a few days ago. We will be run/walking it, most likely. I might get the courage (I hate having my picture taken) to post a picture after the wedding.

Comment

• I'll have to think about it.............. would be fun if hubby wanted to join me.

I stopped at Good Will after work and picked up a nice sized glass container for the Kombucha! Yeah! I will get some Yerba Mate tea and some fruit and then I think I'm set! My scoby is growing.

My tummy is feeling fine today. Two days of no pain and no diarrhea I haven't eaten entirely clean. but I'm not going to beat myself up over it.
        1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
        2. Eat to heal
        3. Move to live
        4. Embrace today
        5. Live with intention
        6. Respect my body
        7. Cultivate joy
        8. Find my passion
        9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• hubby's putting in a LONG day at the boatshop He left home at 5:45 am - and its now 7:30 pm and he's still at it. The guy works his ass off............ I think I'm gonna get on my bike and go down there........... its about 4.5 miles - all flat riding. Shouldn't be too much traffic this time of day.
          1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
          2. Eat to heal
          3. Move to live
          4. Embrace today
          5. Live with intention
          6. Respect my body
          7. Cultivate joy
          8. Find my passion

Comment

My tummy is feeling fine today. Two days of no pain and no diarrhea I haven't eaten entirely clean. but I'm not going to beat myself up over it.
            No Tomi tummy, yeah.
            Female 55
            Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
            Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

I think I'm gonna get on my bike and go down there........... its about 4.5 miles - all flat riding. Shouldn't be too much traffic this time of day.
              How was the bike ride, Tomi?
              Female 55
              Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
              Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• It was great! There was a couple of scary places along the route where there wasn't much shoulder for me to ride on - and a few closely passing cars. And one place where I actually had to walk my bike over a bad patch of concrete and railroad track. Other than that the ride was great! I've never taken that route before so it was a little unnerving. It took me about 20 minutes to ride the 3.5 miles. My speedometer said I was going mostly 13 miles per hour. I will do it again - but I think I will take the road with the better bike lane. I should look up the Willamette Valley Bike Path and see exactly where that goes. It passes right in front of our house and stretches from Portland to Eugene. Hubby was proud of me for doing it. One of our employees had just got back to the shop (late night river rescue) and he said, "you're looking good! I saw you standing there when we drove in and said 'who's THAT with Dennis?' " ........ mind you - I haven't lost a single pound in a year - but I've toned and tightened a lot! It made me to feel very good - and was a boost to my femininity! He was also quite impressed that I had biked all the way to the shop. Not that's is very far - but involves some high traffic areas.

anyway - I feel good about it. I do love riding my bike!
                2. Eat to heal
                3. Move to live
                4. Embrace today
                5. Live with intention
                6. Respect my body
                7. Cultivate joy
                8. Find my passion

Comment

• I've been waking up consistently at 6:30 am. Whats up with that? I used to sleep until 7:30 or 8:00. Maybe as my health is improving I'm needing less sleep? Or maybe getting more restorative sleep, resulting in needing less?

I decided to have a cup of tea this morning. Bad choice. My gut doesn't like caffeine and it caused some issues. I think its passed, but the next couple hours will be sketchy. I was hoping it would help eliminate some water weight gain. It definitely eliminated everything in my bowels. I'm eating a bowl of chicken soup now, hoping for some soothing effects. Then I will drink a bottle of kombucha, as it always sooths my gut.

I told hubby last night I wanted to have a no-alcohol September. He agreed but wanted to know why. I just gave him a grin and let it pass. So............. no alcohol from now through September! and that will greatly help me with another whole30 attempt. It will also GREATLY help me heal my gut. 30 days of clean eating and no alcohol should go a long way in the healing process. I'm not going 100% protein, I will eat very small amounts of potato and sweet potato without the skin, and small amounts of carrots and squash. I will have no nuts as they are listed on the not safe portion of my fodmaps list. Although cashews are not technically "nuts" so I'm a little on the fence with that one. But definitely no almonds, filberts, walnuts.........

I need to plan ahead so there won't be any need to eat out last minute - due to my not planning a meal. We are almost out of our grass fed beef It is getting close to the time when the farmer should have another one ready for butcher.

The manager is out next week - leaving me in charge of processing payroll, getting the bills to the bookkeeper and seeing to the needs of the staff. I'm sure I will be getting calls at home daily.

I'm going to focus more on Barre3 as the seasons are turning to cooler/wetter weather. I may be able to jumprope in the garage, but haven't tried yet - the problem will be in the height of the ceiling, but I think its high enough

I was happy with the bike ride yesterday - I didn't have the typical thigh strain that I used to feel when first starting off. My legs were strong and pain/strain free the entire ride!
                  2. Eat to heal
                  3. Move to live
                  4. Embrace today
                  5. Live with intention
                  6. Respect my body
                  7. Cultivate joy
                  8. Find my passion

Comment

• Why do you need to sleep until that time? When do you go to bed? I try to be in bed by 10:30 and get up around 6:30 and it's the perfect amount of sleep for me.

Get some ginger and peppermint teas. They will be soothing to your gut and not dangerous .

I did some reading on shin splints the other day. The recommendations were to rest for a week before trying (jump roping) again. Also recommended using cushioned shoes & jumping on soft ground to minimize impact. I don't think Grok was jumping up and down a lot, definitely not on concrete floors, so this makes sense to me. Perhaps look up some stretches for shins & calves to make sure your muscles are getting what they need to heal properly?

I'm so glad your ride went smoothly! It's so encouraging to get in some physical exercise without any downside every now and then .
                    Depression Lies

Comment

• Its not that I "need" that much sleep - but that has always been what my body needed. 8-9 hours has always been the norm for me to feel very rested. I just think that now my body is able to function just fine on less. I go to sleep around 10:30 and wake up at 6:30 and feel good! As I write this I am remembering that I used to sleep horribly - getting up in the middle of the night for 2-3 hours. So - now that I'm sleeping soundly through the night --- it makes total sense that I would be waking up earlier and feeling refreshed! This tells me I am getting healthier!

Yes - it is definitely a boost the confidence when a good workout feels GOOD instead of causing the need for 3 days of recovery!

Tomi's feeling pretty pumped!

I'll look for the ginger and peppermint teas today
                      2. Eat to heal
                      3. Move to live
                      4. Embrace today
                      5. Live with intention
                      6. Respect my body
                      7. Cultivate joy
                      8. Find my passion

Comment

• I can definitely relate to the restful sleep! Well, not right now but I used to wake up during the night and nothing ever felt like enough. Now I sleep solidly and don't have too much trouble falling asleep or waking up. I really need my 8 hrs though or I get grumpy. A few days of messed up sleep always catches up with me.
                        Depression Lies

Comment

• ^ ditto!!! Sleep is the key to everything!
                          2. Eat to heal
                          3. Move to live
                          4. Embrace today
                          5. Live with intention
                          6. Respect my body
                          7. Cultivate joy
                          8. Find my passion

Comment

• Way to go Tomi!
                            Isn't your hubby's shop in West Salem? If so, and you rode over the bridge, you get major kudos.

Comment

• Glad to hear you're feeling better! The unsolicited comments always seem to give me a touch of extra motivation. Keep it up!

Comment

• Originally posted by marcadav View Post
                                Way to go Tomi!
                                Isn't your hubby's shop in West Salem? If so, and you rode over the bridge, you get major kudos.
                                Yes I rode over the walk bridge (the old train bridge). The worst part was crossing the tracks on Front Street! I know a guy who crashed going over those tracks and broke both his wrists and elbows! So I'm a little freaked out about riding over railroad tracks. I actually walked it over the last set of tracks cuz the gap in the concrete was about 8 inches. EEESH!

Next time I'll go down Commercial - better track crossings and more shoulder room than Front St.
                                2. Eat to heal
                                3. Move to live
                                4. Embrace today
                                5. Live with intention
                                6. Respect my body
                                7. Cultivate joy
                                8. Find my passion

Comment

Working...
                                X