No announcement yet.

Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the probiotic hasn't increased the elimination issues. I'm taking it at my doctors suggestion so I feel I should continue. I only bought a 30 day supply, if at the end of the 30 days I'm not seeing an improvement then I will stop.

I do the same on everyone else's journals........... If I have nothing to offer then I don't write anything.
    1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
    2. Eat to heal
    3. Move to live
    4. Embrace today
    5. Live with intention
    6. Respect my body
    7. Cultivate joy
    8. Find my passion
    9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Originally posted by tomi View Post
      I feel like I've pissed off some people because of the short responses and lack of responses. If so - I'm sorry - but I feel I've been pushed into going a direction that is not right for my needs. Instead of pushing me to do something different I needed encouragement to keep fighting to stay on the path I was traveling. I felt that was the right path - even though it was a difficult path. In all the journals I follow I have never seen so much lack up support and empathy. In personal messages I've had others tell me they have been careful of what they write in their own journals because of the response I've been getting in mine. that's not right.
      I'm not pissed. I do wonder if I've overstepped. If I have, I apologize.

I feel very empathetic towards you and your situation as I have been in your shoes. I also believe I've been supportive. However, everyone has different views on what constitutes support. Maybe our views are not in sync.

Bottom line-- I truly hope you find your answer and your issues go from chronic to occasional or, better yet, nonexistent.

Comment

• I just feel like I have nothing useful to say. I hope I haven't been mean, though. If so, I am very sorry. I know how hard it is to struggle with a problem where things either aren't working, or it is too hard to stick with them. It is a bad place to be, and I hope I haven't made it worse.

Comment

• Nobody has been mean. I'm just not very good at standing my ground. I let others who have stronger personalities or better arguments lead me off my decided path. And then feel weak and aimless as a result.

I have cooked and processed the whole chicken. I'm letting the broth separate in the fridge and removing some of the fat since I don't have a gall bladder and too much fat is not a good thing. Its a bit bland - but good.

I was going to start my scoby this morning - but frittered the morning away so it will have to be a project for this afternoon. I'm still a little intimidated to start.

This coming Saturday hubby and I are moving step daughter #2 (she just turned 21 on the 24th) into an apartment with her boyfriend in Portland. We're not feeling very good about the choices she is making - but in all honestly - hubby and I didn't make the best choices at that age either. We gave up our virginity to each other at 19. We know that SD#2 has not been a virgin for several years, and we also know she has had several partners. That's not for us to judge upon -- its her life and her choice. If people are going to have sex - what does it matter where they live? But we aren't totally comfortable with the situation. However - we love her and will support her in this choice. Her BF is a really good guy and we expect they will be married soon - they seem to be well suited for each other and we can easily see this relationship lasting. Its just hubby and I moving them - and I think my son is going to help on the destination end since he lives in Portland. We don't know why her mother and sister aren't going to be helping. Other obligations perhaps.

We have to get the boat out of the reservoir by the 11th. They are dropping the water very quickly and if we aren't careful we're going to be high and dry! I think we should take it out Monday the 2nd just to be safe. Hubby wants to push it one more weekend. Makes me sad to think boating season is over............ We talked about putting her in the river up in Portland, haven't decided about that one yet. Is it worth the cost of moorage?

So - if you all remember - my mission to pay off the mortgage is still going strong. I have paid down the balance $20,000+ since January when we refinanced. I'm pretty proud of that! I should be able to add about $1500 to the principle this coming payday. I'm not sure if I'm on schedule or not - I misplaced my chart.

Anyway --- better get going on my day.
          1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
          2. Eat to heal
          3. Move to live
          4. Embrace today
          5. Live with intention
          6. Respect my body
          7. Cultivate joy
          8. Find my passion

Comment

• OMG! 20k??? That's amazing! Great job!

I hope you get the boat out early enough.

When you and hubby were courting things were WAY different than they are now. I hope things work out for SD and her boyfriend. Glad you're going to be helping her move. Maybe it'll help to improve your relationship with her.
            Primal since March 5, 2012
            SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• I'm neither mad nor ignoring you. I just have jack sh*t to say. I'm too busy being pissy with the morons who post on other parts of the forum You'll find what works for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by tomi View Post
                ... I have paid down the balance $20,000+ since January ...
                Yeah! THAT'S what I'm talkin' about!

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
                  OMG! 20k??? That's amazing! Great job!

I hope you get the boat out early enough.

When you and hubby were courting things were WAY different than they are now. I hope things work out for SD and her boyfriend. Glad you're going to be helping her move. Maybe it'll help to improve your relationship with her.
                  Things were different only in that we didn't talk about it.......... but most everyone still had sex before marriage. I guess it wasn't as "popular" as it is now. I was a "good girl" back in those days! I know young people have sex much younger than I did.
                  2. Eat to heal
                  3. Move to live
                  4. Embrace today
                  5. Live with intention
                  6. Respect my body
                  7. Cultivate joy
                  8. Find my passion

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
                    I'm neither mad nor ignoring you. I just have jack sh*t to say. I'm too busy being pissy with the morons who post on other parts of the forum You'll find what works for you.
                    I stay away from the other parts of the forum. I wish the monitors would delete threads that promote things other than what Mark is all about. Its not about primal it doesn't belong here.
                    2. Eat to heal
                    3. Move to live
                    4. Embrace today
                    5. Live with intention
                    6. Respect my body
                    7. Cultivate joy
                    8. Find my passion

Comment

• Yes, I'm quite pleased with the progress on the mortgage - however $10K was from the sale of the 5th wheel camper. But still - an additional $10K was due to my own paycheck.
                      2. Eat to heal
                      3. Move to live
                      4. Embrace today
                      5. Live with intention
                      6. Respect my body
                      7. Cultivate joy
                      8. Find my passion

Comment

• I've just had a wonderful bowl of chicken soup - it turned out really yummy! Very simple - put whole chicken in the crock pot - cover with water, add salt, cut up carrots and celery. Set on low and let her cook for 12 hours. The worst part was separating the meat from the skin, bone and other icky parts. I discarded maybe 1/2 cup of oil off the top of the broth, then combined it all in a big bowl. I very much enjoyed it - and honestly its the first time I've made an edible soup! Yeah TOMI! (Thanks, Tasha, for the instructions).

I also have my first attempt at making a scoby underway! I hope it works! The bottle of plain kombucha had a nice brown "slimy" thing growing in it already so I hope that's a good start to my own scoby.

Work is back to barely having enough to keep me busy for a few hours a day - and that's even stretching it a bit.
                        2. Eat to heal
                        3. Move to live
                        4. Embrace today
                        5. Live with intention
                        6. Respect my body
                        7. Cultivate joy
                        8. Find my passion

Comment

• The soup will be great for your tummy Glad it came out well!

Let us know how the kombucha goes! I forgot to pick up a bottle tonight, I was going to start having a few ounces with dinner every night.
                          Depression Lies

Comment

• what a good evening. my hubby is so much fun. he makes me laugh --- what is better than that?
                            2. Eat to heal
                            3. Move to live
                            4. Embrace today
                            5. Live with intention
                            6. Respect my body
                            7. Cultivate joy
                            8. Find my passion

Comment

• Yup, that slimy stuff is SCOBY waiting to happen.

Comment

• I didn't sleep enough. I stayed up watching America's Got Talent until 11 - and I was up at 6:30. I feel like I want to sleep more. I've got one of those not enough sleep hang-overs. I haven't been sleeping well lately and I'm not sure why. I know part of it is my shoulders......... I get bursitis in my shoulders when I sleep with my arm up under my pillow - the it aches at night and keeps me from sleeping soundly.

Okay.......... I've been having this weird desire to start jogging. Whats that all about? I haven't done that since I was in my very early 20s. Weird. I've been seeing a lot of people jogging lately.......... people that are obviously jogging cuz they want to get healthier........... heavy people/thin people/old people. I guess I could try it. Maybe it will kick some fat loss in gear?
                                2. Eat to heal
                                3. Move to live
                                4. Embrace today
                                5. Live with intention
                                6. Respect my body
                                7. Cultivate joy
                                8. Find my passion

Comment

Working...
                                X