Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Some further reading I'd recommend, if you haven't already read it, is Primal Body, Primal Mind by Nora Degaudas. She explains the length of time it takes to heal the gut and why it takes so long. I think it'd be beneficial for you to read it.
    I'll second the recommendation for Primal Body, Primal Mind. It is the book that convinced me to read the PBP and give Primal a try.

Comment

• 1200 calories is way too low for the amount of exercise you are getting. When I was eating that way and walking at least 50 miles a week my weight went nowhere. Up your calories and you'll see a change.
      Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Originally posted by honeybuns View Post
        1200 calories is way too low for the amount of exercise you are getting. When I was eating that way and walking at least 50 miles a week my weight went nowhere. Up your calories and you'll see a change.
        +1

Comment

• My doctor did some "stand on this thingy and I'll tell you your BMR" .......... according the machine I maintain my weight eating 1500 calories a day doing nothing but sitting on the couch and reading a book all day. She told me eat between 1200-1500 calories a day and you will lose.

I'll try to eat a little closer to 1500 and see what happens.
          1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
          2. Eat to heal
          3. Move to live
          4. Embrace today
          5. Live with intention
          6. Respect my body
          7. Cultivate joy
          8. Find my passion
          9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• food report for yesterday:

1 egg in olive oil
            some cashews
            paleo meatloaf (for lunch and dinner)
            ketchup (no HFCS - yes sugar)
            cauliflower w/butter
            a few bites of cantaloupe and a couple dozen grapes (very small grapes)

got very sick after lunch of meatloaf and ketchup.

Workout yesterday - major yard work.

Went to bed feeling hungry, but not wanting to eat.

Got up hungry, but needed to take mom shopping, bought Kombucha and raw cashews (3/4 cup-ish) to eat after shopping. Had 2 very painful cramps in my stomach region.

Ate 3 eggs cooked in olive oil. Drinking a second Kombucha now. It seems to be soothing to my gut. I don't care what it costs at this point - it feels good to my insides. After cashews, eggs and 2 bottles of kombucha I'm feeling extremely bloated. Could it be the raw cashews? the roasted ones haven't made me feel bloated, that's why I've been snacking on them.

I have 11 bottles saved up and will try to start making my own Kombucha next week. Need to order scoby. Need to find very clear and easy to follow directions on how to make kombucha.

Bought paint for exterior trim - but didn't start painting yet.

Bought steaks for dinner. I'm glad its Friday.......... wish we leaving for the lake tonight - but hubby will need to work in the morning.
            Last edited by tomi; 08-23-2013, 05:01 PM.
            1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
            2. Eat to heal
            3. Move to live
            4. Embrace today
            5. Live with intention
            6. Respect my body
            7. Cultivate joy
            8. Find my passion

Comment

• That's a lot of Kombucha. I'd limit to a bottle a day. If your gut has bacterial issues, you don't want to overpopulate!
              Depression Lies

Comment

• well as nasty as my gut is I'm sure there is far more bad bacteria in there so I'm sure giving it lots of the good stuff can't hurt once in a while.
                2. Eat to heal
                3. Move to live
                4. Embrace today
                5. Live with intention
                6. Respect my body
                7. Cultivate joy
                8. Find my passion

Comment

• Tomi- if you go look on the culturesforhealth website, they give directions for growing your own SCOBY. You just use the dregs from some store-bouth raw and unpasturized kombucha. It is very easy. Mine only took 11 days to grow. Much cheaper than buying one.

Comment

• Yes I watched a youtube video yesterday about doing just that. I have some jars to grow the scoby and today I'm going to guy a bottle of the plain stuff. Kombucha will be flowing from my kitchen in no time. - ok, in 3-4 weeks

I'm gonna start with some ginger concoction and probably move on to peach, strawberry, mango............. who knows? I'm very excited! I need to buy a larger glass jar for the actual brewing.

weight 182

Today is painting day.
                    2. Eat to heal
                    3. Move to live
                    4. Embrace today
                    5. Live with intention
                    6. Respect my body
                    7. Cultivate joy
                    8. Find my passion

Comment

• Hope the painting went well!
                      Female 55
                      Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
                      Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• got the front porch pillars and window painted - and the front door jam. Not as much as I wanted to get done - but better than nothing.

Went to the lake and got rained out.................. bummer. Now we're home watching movies............. still fun cuz we're together. Stayed primal.
                        2. Eat to heal
                        3. Move to live
                        4. Embrace today
                        5. Live with intention
                        6. Respect my body
                        7. Cultivate joy
                        8. Find my passion

Comment

• weight 181.

Not feeling so good today. Since re-introducing fruits and veggies I've had gut issues every other day. Its been 10 days since I've gone back to eating a fully primal diet - and I've had 5 days of pain and diarrhea. Prior to that I had 15 days of the FODMAPS elimination diet and only 2 days of bad gut issues. One following the ice cream cake treat and one following a dinner heavy in onions and garlic. Today is especially bad. I ate chef salad yesterday -- and now its making a second appearance before getting flushed down the drain. Undigested greens don't feel so good going through the intestines. I think cantaloupe makes me sick as well because I was sick every day after eating it.

Not sure I'm going to do this much longer. I feel much better eating a diet heavy on protein. I'll just eat fruits and carbs in very small amounts and see what happens for a couple more weeks. But if I'm still getting sick this often then I'm going back to protein only.
                          2. Eat to heal
                          3. Move to live
                          4. Embrace today
                          5. Live with intention
                          6. Respect my body
                          7. Cultivate joy
                          8. Find my passion

Comment

• Still sick. Been to that bathroom 5 times in 3 hours and I'm flushing undigested food down the toilet. I don't think I made the right move going back to eating fruits and veggies.
                            2. Eat to heal
                            3. Move to live
                            4. Embrace today
                            5. Live with intention
                            6. Respect my body
                            7. Cultivate joy
                            8. Find my passion

Comment

• Its nearly 1 pm. I've been sick since 6:45 am. 6 hours of pain and running to the bathroom. I don't think there is anything left in my intestines now. I ate eggs and bacon just to get some food in me.

This totally sucks! and now I have to go to work.

Do they do intestinal transplants? I'd like to put in my order for entirely new GI tract.
                              2. Eat to heal
                              3. Move to live
                              4. Embrace today
                              5. Live with intention
                              6. Respect my body
                              7. Cultivate joy
                              8. Find my passion

Comment

• Nope, just the poop transplants, which effectively repopulates your gut. I believe there's actually a clinic in Oregon that does this, one of the few in the States. I have only read positive things about fecal transplant.
                                Fecal Transplant Doctors The Power of Poop

Okay, maybe marcadav will come in with some wisdom, but here are my thoughts on recovering from this most recent battery of digestive mess. Un-asked for, but the severity of your gut issues frightens me and I want to just say this anyway.

-You should have chicken stock/bone broth daily, at least once a day (a bowl or mug). Just cook the whole chicken in water, even without any veggies (though I'd recommend carrots), and then take out the skin & bones, shredding the meat, when it's all cooked. I cooked mine for about 4 hrs.
                                -Continue with kombucha (no more than 1/2 bottle a day, it is possible to have too much of a good thing) while doing the broth & protein diet
                                -Start taking digestive enzymes with each meal (Enzymedica Digest Gold is what has been recommended to me), this is esp. important because you do not have a gall bladder & need assistance breaking down the proteins for healing & muscle growth
                                -After a few diarrhea-free days, try incorporating some pureed vegetables with your diet, like squash
                                http://www.ibsgroup.org/brochures/fo...tolerances.pdf (this was linked by Chris Kresser) I know you have your own guide that you're referring to, but there are so many varieties, I think it might be helpful to make your own & go through any discrepancies to suit your own sensitivities.
                                -Avoid raw foods & nuts (in any form)
                                Depression Lies

Comment

Working...
                                X