Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TMI gut report:

I think my bowels are empty again after not "going" for 2 days. Not diarrhea, but soft BM and very little discomfort in the tummy. I guess I see this as progress - considering the extreme pain and most definite diarrhea pre-100% primal.

Good think I didn't pull my bike out for a ride this morning. Not only was mother nature calling on 3 occasions - but mother nature rained as well. Its a gloomy day in the Willamette Valley But a good day for yard work............. out I go!
    1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
    2. Eat to heal
    3. Move to live
    4. Embrace today
    5. Live with intention
    6. Respect my body
    7. Cultivate joy
    8. Find my passion
    9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• SEND ME THE RAIN!! We so need it.
      Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• the front beds are raked and all the debris is put in the yard bin for next week collection. Yeah! That is a job I really hate doing - but loving having done! Now I'm going to run the mowed over the yard - on MULCH - cuz there is no room in the yard debris bin!

My tummy is slightly on edge today......... no more calls from mother nature - but I keep getting this discomfort - just enough to make me cringe and then it passes.

I didn't have to work today............. nothing for me to do! Day off! yeah!
        1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
        2. Eat to heal
        3. Move to live
        4. Embrace today
        5. Live with intention
        6. Respect my body
        7. Cultivate joy
        8. Find my passion

Comment

• grass is mulched and I've done some pruning - I think I'm done for the day.

I hope there isn't a "LOT" of the sugar in my ketchup cuz I forgot I wasn't supposed to have it and used it on my meatloaf. I guess my 100% just slipped to 99% - bummer.

Still having tummy aches - but just little bothersome aches.
          2. Eat to heal
          3. Move to live
          4. Embrace today
          5. Live with intention
          6. Respect my body
          7. Cultivate joy
          8. Find my passion

Comment

• Look to see what's in 2 tbsp. That's probably all you'll end up eating of it.
            Primal since March 5, 2012
            SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• And I wish I had your free (daylight) time! My yard is in desperate need of attention.

Comment

• 8 grams of sugar. That's about 2 tsp of sugar. I get the Heintz Simply Ketchup - NO HFCS -- but still - that's 2 tsp of sugar.

My gut isn't liking something - after eating the meatloaf with ketchup I'm back to the wrenching pain and diarrhea. Good thing I was done with the projects on my to do list today.
                2. Eat to heal
                3. Move to live
                4. Embrace today
                5. Live with intention
                6. Respect my body
                7. Cultivate joy
                8. Find my passion

Comment

• Feeling a bit reclusive - so if I'm absent a while done worry - I just need a little retreat from the computer.
                  2. Eat to heal
                  3. Move to live
                  4. Embrace today
                  5. Live with intention
                  6. Respect my body
                  7. Cultivate joy
                  8. Find my passion

Comment

• Has diverticulosis ever been suggested to you as a possible cause? Of course, that would have been seen on a colonoscopy, so probably not.
                    Primal since 9/24/2010
                    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• my colon is completely healthy!
                      2. Eat to heal
                      3. Move to live
                      4. Embrace today
                      5. Live with intention
                      6. Respect my body
                      7. Cultivate joy
                      8. Find my passion

Comment

• tummy calmed down but now I'm afraid to eat dinner.
                        2. Eat to heal
                        3. Move to live
                        4. Embrace today
                        5. Live with intention
                        6. Respect my body
                        7. Cultivate joy
                        8. Find my passion

Comment

• Saw this quote on Facebook.............

Make sure your worst enemy is not living between your own two ears.

I think that's the Quote for the day!
                          2. Eat to heal
                          3. Move to live
                          4. Embrace today
                          5. Live with intention
                          6. Respect my body
                          7. Cultivate joy
                          8. Find my passion

Comment

• Feeling down today. Sick of struggling to find out how to fix my gut. Yesterday I was told I'm not determined, last week I was told I'm not committed. What I AM is not perfect. I'm trying, but I have weaknesses and I have moments where I say "to hell with it!".

For a solid week I've eaten 100% primal. Yesterday I absent mindedly ate ketchup. That's the only non-primal food I've eaten for a week!!! I've reintroduced veggies and fruits.

My weight is still bouncing between 180-185 even though I'm consistently eating close to 1200 calories and I'm exercising daily............. and I'm still getting sick. But not as sick as before. In the 9 days since I've been strict primal I've have had 3 days of being really sick, 2 days of normal bm with no pain, and 4 days of discomfort and soft bm's. I suppose that's progress.
                            Last edited by tomi; 08-23-2013, 08:33 AM.
                            2. Eat to heal
                            3. Move to live
                            4. Embrace today
                            5. Live with intention
                            6. Respect my body
                            7. Cultivate joy
                            8. Find my passion

Comment

• Can I add to the list? Impatient. But we all are in some respect, aren't we?

Tasha sent this to me, but I think it could pertain to you as well - regarding the "to hell with it" mentality. I feel ya. So often I want to say to hell with it too... but I'm tired of my foot/feet hurting and want to do what it takes to fix them. I know I can do it with my diet, and if I can fix my feet with diet, you can fix your gut. I know it's hard. It sucks. Totally sucks. But it'll be worth it in the end.

When was the last time you had your gut checked? Maybe something has changed or they didn't look for the right things when they inspected it. Maybe there's something they missed. Celiac? Ulcerative colitis? Crohn's? Something. It can't just be IBS... not with the severity you describe.

Comment

• Some further reading I'd recommend, if you haven't already read it, is Primal Body, Primal Mind by Nora Degaudas. She explains the length of time it takes to heal the gut and why it takes so long. I think it'd be beneficial for you to read it.

Comment

Working...
                                X