Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
    Not to be the voice of doubt but Debbie in the article went from 155 to a size 0 with correct nutrition and then back up to 155 with muscle gain (and presumably correct nutrition). She did not miraculously transform fat into muscle. From what I have read it is very difficult to gain substantial muscle while also reducing fat significantly. The woman in the article cut fat first then gained the muscle.

Also, I hear it quite often that "Yeah, I am just gaining muscle" believe me, it does not happen that easily. It is far easier to lose 20 pounds than it is to gain 20 pounds of muscle.
    I saw that too. The scales are a guide just like everything else. Yes I step on the scales every day - but I could be obsessed with trying to pull on the same pair of pants every day too - one is supposed to be evil and the other good? Bottom line - both are indicators of success or failure.............. if the pants don't fit I'm still not progressing towards my goal. Just as if the number on the scale isn't moving I'm not progressing towards my goal. Either way I'm measuring progress. Using a pair of pants or stretching a measuring tape around my hips............ same thing. I'm checking to see if I'm making progress.
    1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
    2. Eat to heal
    3. Move to live
    4. Embrace today
    5. Live with intention
    6. Respect my body
    7. Cultivate joy
    8. Find my passion
    9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Progress is good

Comment

• The scale and I have an understanding: it shows me a number, I laugh or shrug or gape, it goes back in the cabinet and I forget the number. I have a couple pairs of jeans for thin days, one for heavier days, and 5 million for normal days. I've worn all 3 sizes at light, normal, and heavy weight days. The scale lies. So does the tape measure. The mirror and feeling good don't.
        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
        My Latest Journal

Comment

• exactly The mirror doesn't lie - period. Either you like that reflection or you don't. Personally I'm liking mine a little tiny bit more each day - but its slow going. I'd like the liking to move a bit faster!
          1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
          2. Eat to heal
          3. Move to live
          4. Embrace today
          5. Live with intention
          6. Respect my body
          7. Cultivate joy
          8. Find my passion

Comment

• Okay food report:

1 egg cooked in olive oil
            2 oz roasted chicken
            about 10 cashews
            some grapes
            Kombucha (Gingerade) YUM!
            5 oz Chicken breast
            Dinner will be a small T-bone and mashed cauliflower with butter.

I'm guessing on the oz's cuz I didn't measure - just wanted to give you an idea of volumn.

I'm not tracking calories anymore so I don't know how much it is.

Gut report:

Been a good day No pain, no BM.

My hubby butt dialed me from work............. and I over heard him talking to someone about me! He's telling them about what I eat and why and how its made a huge difference in my physical abilities but hasn't done anything to fix the diarrhea problem. He was telling someone that all the people on some paleo website convinced me to go back to eating veggies again. He was talking about how we don't any breads or pastas and he said "I really love those things, but I don't miss them at all" That was good to hear cuz I was afraid he was just being nice and not telling me he really hated not having those foods at home anymore. So I'm glad I eased dropped on his conversation! Technically HE CALLED ME ............. so I wasn't really doing anything sneaky. I called him after a bit and told him I was listening!
            2. Eat to heal
            3. Move to live
            4. Embrace today
            5. Live with intention
            6. Respect my body
            7. Cultivate joy
            8. Find my passion

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
              That is awesome! Really making me review how I look at things...
              My Leptin Reset Journey

Current BF%: 35
              Goal BF%: 20-23

Comment

• What a great story (re: butt dialing)! That must be so good to hear!
                My Leptin Reset Journey

Current BF%: 35
                Goal BF%: 20-23

Comment

• I'm glad he was saying such positive things when he butt dialed.
                  Primal since March 5, 2012
                  SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
                    I'm glad he was saying such positive things when he butt dialed.
                    Me too. Finally a good husband story at MDA woot woot!

Comment

• I have LOTS of good husband stories! Mine is a ONE IN A MILLION! Not that there aren't times when he's a jerk - but is extremely rare!
                      2. Eat to heal
                      3. Move to live
                      4. Embrace today
                      5. Live with intention
                      6. Respect my body
                      7. Cultivate joy
                      8. Find my passion

Comment

• Originally posted by tomi View Post
                        I have LOTS of good husband stories! Mine is a ONE IN A MILLION! Not that there aren't times when he's a jerk - but is extremely rare!
                        That is good to hear

Comment

• so far so good today! I had to take Zeus to the groomer at 9 am so I didn't eat until 10:45. I didn't want to get things "moving" when I needed to be there. So far the gut feels good. I am on day 7 of totally clean eating - 100% primal. Hubby is saddened by my choice to forego the rum until I have fixed my gut, but he'll just have to deal with it.

So - recap of yesterdays food:

1 egg
                          5 oz. chicken
                          4 oz. steak
                          small white potato w/butter and seasoning
                          1 oz. cashews
                          kombucha - Gingerade.

According the MFP - that's 1047 calories after deducting exercise burn.

Weight today 182.2

I'm feeling so much stronger these days I can hardly believe it! I have 90 pounds on the bowflex that I am leg pressing. I could do more but I'm working my way up. I'm doing 2 sets of 20. Honestly I haven't been this strong since 1998 when I was doing kick-boxing - prior to the onset of the fibromyalgia. Now - if I could just get this body to look like it did in 1998 -- this would be ONE SMOKIN' HOT 53 year old! Okay............ whatever. I'd be happy with the way I looked IN CLOTHES - or out of them! I was wearing a petite size 6 - and that was by 1998 sizing. What would that be today? Maybe a 2 or 4? I weighed 135 pounds. I was strong - but not super toned. If I get down there this time, or somewhere close I will be much more toned and fit. Hoping I can shed the belly fat soon........... I still have a little "hang over" at the bikini line and it grosses me out! (sorry guys - now you need a brain bleach to get that mental pic out of your head!!)

I took ground beef out for dinner. Our grass fed beef is being depleted! We have only 6 pounds of ground beef left and maybe 16 steaks. Then the freezer will have only fish and some pork in it. We have a guy that is supposed to be bringing us some wild boar again. That is GOOD MEAT! Hubby is stocking up on the salmon for smoking - I've asked him if he could find a bring that doesn't use brown sugar........... I don't think he's going to comply. When you brine salmon in the brown sugar - I wonder just how much sugar actually soaks into the meat? It definitely has a sweetness to it. I guess I will need to do some research on that - cuz I won't be able to eat the smoked salmon (and that would make me really really sad!!!) if there is much sugar IN the fish.

Better check out the other journals before I have to go to work.
                          Last edited by tomi; 08-21-2013, 02:29 PM.
                          2. Eat to heal
                          3. Move to live
                          4. Embrace today
                          5. Live with intention
                          6. Respect my body
                          7. Cultivate joy
                          8. Find my passion

Comment

• Hi Tomi. *waves*
                            Primal since March 5, 2012
                            SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Hi Jenn!
                              2. Eat to heal
                              3. Move to live
                              4. Embrace today
                              5. Live with intention
                              6. Respect my body
                              7. Cultivate joy
                              8. Find my passion

Comment

• Tomi, about brining the salmon for smoking........

We had a commercial cannery and processed the fish ourselves from start to finish. Brown sugar is absolutely not needed for a good smoked salmon. Ours was delicious and it was only salt brine and alder smoked. I cannot tell you brine percentage or length of time in it or the smoker as it is/was a closely guarded family secret.
                                Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Working...
                                X