No announcement yet.

Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good advice. and good questions................ need to contemplate my answers on those.

I will do some soul searching..............
    1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
    2. Eat to heal
    3. Move to live
    4. Embrace today
    5. Live with intention
    6. Respect my body
    7. Cultivate joy
    8. Find my passion
    9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• I haven't eaten anything since dinner last night. 20 hours. I'm hungry but not wanting to eat. I have some kokanee ready to be cooked and I think I will do that in a couple hours.

Hubby will be late tonight -- well, he's always late -- but tonight he is going over to a friends house to talk about selling some boats. He had made arrangements to go talk with Jim about his boats tonight because his health was diminishing (lung cancer) and he wanted to take care of things before he passed. But, Jim's wife called this morning and said Jim had just passed. So, hubby is going to talk to her about the boats. I don't know what he has - I know he has a 30' pontoon with a full tent cover - but its in bad shape. Jim was trying to sell it for years but he had it way over priced. Hubby has known Jim for many years so this might be difficult for him.
      1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
      2. Eat to heal
      3. Move to live
      4. Embrace today
      5. Live with intention
      6. Respect my body
      7. Cultivate joy
      8. Find my passion

Comment

• I've found when I go out to eat they are very willing to make special meals for me. I'm very nice and just explain I'm allergic. I look to see whats on the menu that I can put together. So at a Mexican place, I ask for fajitas, no beans, no rice with extra avocado. Tomi - you just ask for meat only, no onion, no tomato. Yes, it takes some work hunting thru the menu and occasionally I have to pay a bit more, but in the end its worth it.
        Female 55
        Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
        Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• +++1 to everything that has been said. And yes, small bits here and there will ABSOLUTELY cause problems. In fact, the small bits here and there ARE the problem.
          My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• *hangsheadinshame*
            2. Eat to heal
            3. Move to live
            4. Embrace today
            5. Live with intention
            6. Respect my body
            7. Cultivate joy
            8. Find my passion

Comment

• Originally posted by tomi View Post
              *hangsheadinshame*
              No need. We all have our weak points. I think you need to get over the all or nothing mindset. For example, you seem okay with cashews, but mention avoiding all nuts. Pick and choose wisely. And remember the B.G.P.
              Female 55

Comment

• todays food: 3 kokanee pan fried in olive oil. No sauces. a handful of cashews. I'm thinking 500 calories tops. I might make some eggs later but only if I'm feeling the need to feed.
                2. Eat to heal
                3. Move to live
                4. Embrace today
                5. Live with intention
                6. Respect my body
                7. Cultivate joy
                8. Find my passion

Comment

• Originally posted by pedidoc View Post
                  no need. We all have our weak points. I think you need to get over the all or nothing mindset. For example, you seem okay with cashews, but mention avoiding all nuts. Pick and choose wisely. And remember the b.g.p.
                  b.g.p. ?????

I decided cashews should be ok since they are on the safe fodmaps list.
                  2. Eat to heal
                  3. Move to live
                  4. Embrace today
                  5. Live with intention
                  6. Respect my body
                  7. Cultivate joy
                  8. Find my passion

Comment

b.g.p. ?????.
                    Big Girl Panties.........
                    Female 55

Comment

• Originally posted by Pedidoc View Post
                      Big Girl Panties.........
                      Oh yes --- mustn't forget the Big Girl Panties! Maybe I should hang a pair on my fridge to remind me!!!
                      2. Eat to heal
                      3. Move to live
                      4. Embrace today
                      5. Live with intention
                      6. Respect my body
                      7. Cultivate joy
                      8. Find my passion

Comment

Oh yes --- mustn't forget the Big Girl Panties! Maybe I should hang a pair on my fridge to remind me!!!
                        Need a picture of that!!!!!
                        Female 55

Comment

• an old friend invited me to meet him for lunch next week and as we were "chatting" via facebook he asked about my diet. I told him I eat according the Primal Blueprint and it has cured my fibromyalgia! I forgot his wife has fibro and he said maybe he needs to bring her to the lunch --- I said "ABSOLUTELY!!!! I'd love to help her change her life!!!" I'm so excited that I may have found my first convert! We're meeting up Thursday at noonish. At WENDYs of all places! I will order a chicken salad I think. Or maybe just get something to drink and say I'm not hungry.

I also have a friend who's wife has MS and she is trying really hard to eat a clean Paleo diet. I'm trying to give her help and support too.

maybe this what I need to get my head in the game completely! Can't hardly play the "do as I say not as I do" game.
                          2. Eat to heal
                          3. Move to live
                          4. Embrace today
                          5. Live with intention
                          6. Respect my body
                          7. Cultivate joy
                          8. Find my passion

Comment

• I have to weigh in with Marcadav et al above. You are dosing yourself nearly every day with things that may be triggers to your symptoms. Tiny bits are plenty, if they're the culprits. And yes to no shame. We all have our weak points and failures. Unfortunately, your symptoms are pretty damn significant, and you need to do what you have to do to sort them out. Find your priorities. It is doable.
                            My musings

The old stuff

Comment

an old friend invited me to meet him for lunch next week and as we were "chatting" via facebook he asked about my diet. I told him I eat according the Primal Blueprint and it has cured my fibromyalgia! I forgot his wife has fibro and he said maybe he needs to bring her to the lunch --- I said "ABSOLUTELY!!!! I'd love to help her change her life!!!" I'm so excited that I may have found my first convert! We're meeting up Thursday at noonish. At WENDYs of all places! I will order a chicken salad I think. Or maybe just get something to drink and say I'm not hungry.

I also have a friend who's wife has MS and she is trying really hard to eat a clean Paleo diet. I'm trying to give her help and support too.

maybe this what I need to get my head in the game completely! Can't hardly play the "do as I say not as I do" game.
                              Can you meet somewhere other than Wendys? Everything is processed, including the chicken. It's how they make everything taste the same at all their thousands of restaurants.

FWIW, cashews are generally considered to be legumes, although Mark thinks they are okay.
                              My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• I could ask him to meet me someplace else - that's not a problem. I'll think of something. I could brown bag it No shame in that. What about Wendys bake potato - would that be safe? You can't process a baked potato.

They have a bacon and cheese baked potato.
                                Last edited by tomi; 08-15-2013, 08:11 PM.
                                2. Eat to heal
                                3. Move to live
                                4. Embrace today
                                5. Live with intention
                                6. Respect my body
                                7. Cultivate joy
                                8. Find my passion

Comment

Working...
                                X