No announcement yet.

Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well crud! After my 150 jumps the pain in my shins is back again. Little twingy pains and aches and feels bruised to the touch. I think I'm going to have to put my jump rope in storage for a bit. Maybe I started off to aggressively? I'm gonna rest my legs for a couple weeks and then start out very slowly again.

to comp I will ramp up the barre3 to 30 minute workouts 5 days a week. and continue with the bowflex.

bother........... perhaps this 53 year old skeleton isn't strong enough for all that pounding on the pavement.
    1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
    2. Eat to heal
    3. Move to live
    4. Embrace today
    5. Live with intention
    6. Respect my body
    7. Cultivate joy
    8. Find my passion
    9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• My bone broth recipe: chicken bones AND scraps of meat left on them (I don't clean them off much) AND skin if you have just made/are making chicken. Into the pot with veggies, salt, a tablespoon of ACV, and lots of water. Keep it cooking on the stove, just enough heat to simmer, for at least a few hours.

OR

Make a chicken in a crock pot, put the carcass back in after it is done and add water, ACV, salt, and some veggies. Strain it out 8-24 hrs later, depending on how long you want to cook it or how comfortable you are leaving the crock pot on while not at home. I find that this ends up being very flavorful and dark and you can actually water it down when you drink/consume it.
      Depression Lies

Comment

• Originally posted by tomi View Post
        I'm gonna rest my legs for a couple weeks and then start out very slowly again.

to comp I will ramp up the barre3 to 30 minute workouts 5 days a week. and continue with the bowflex.

bother........... perhaps this 53 year old skeleton isn't strong enough for all that pounding on the pavement.
        I'd say start with 50 jumps sometime this weekend. Personally, I know I wouldn't get back at it if I waited a few weeks. Too much time to allow excuses to settle in.

Perhaps you need to adjust how you are pushing off from the jump? I don't know the mechanics of jump-roping, but perhaps there are videos on Youtube to help out there.
        Depression Lies

Comment

• Stretch out both your calves and the front of your shins after you jump. You may need to decrease your number of jumps, or find a softer surface to jump on. Blacktop would be softer than concrete. Have any parks with the spongey material nearby? Or you could get those rubber squares they sell for workout rooms. I think the extra cushion would be good for you. I'd suggest grass, but that would get in the way of the rope.

Comment

• I'll give the broth another try. I need to buy some carrots and celery.

I don't think I'll give up on the jump roping cuz I really enjoy it and its a challenge to see how many I can do!! I'll try stretching out first - but I'm gonna wait a bit - maybe a week or two so things heal up. Then start slowly - 50 only for a while, adding more weekly as honeybuns suggested. I can jump on the carpet (vaulted ceilings), I'll give that a try.

No go on the park idea --- too many eyes watching! and we do have some black top in the driveway if all else fails.......... but still have the eyes issue. I guess I just need to not care if people see me in my spandex I need a barfy face for that one!

I'm at work........... I'm tired and need a break from the stuff in front of me. NextGen just upgraded and I'm not happy with the diagnosis entry part of it. I used to be able to type in just about anything and the computer would give me loads of options to choose from so I could find the exact diagnosis -- but now -- if I type in something it doesn't offer it just sits there like a lump on a log. I don't even get an error message. Nothing. I type in micro albuminuria ................... nothing. I have to tell it proteinuria - then it takes it. That or I have to look up the ICD-9 code for the diagnosis I'm trying to enter. GRRR. Oh well, its a new challenge to my job that has become not so challenging.

Dinner tonight............. I was going to make crock pot beef --- but I forgot to put it in the crock pot before I left for work......... so, I think we're having chicken breast and squash (for hubby). I'll put them on the bbq so they come out juicy and smoky flavored.

I think I need to see a chiropractor for my neck. Its too stiff!! Maybe I just need a massage??? That would feel good. I wish I had one of those electrode thingys that make your muscles tighten up and relax........... my old chiro used to do that for my tight muscles. He said I carry my tension in my shoulders.

ok ............. best get back to it.
            1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
            2. Eat to heal
            3. Move to live
            4. Embrace today
            5. Live with intention
            6. Respect my body
            7. Cultivate joy
            8. Find my passion

Comment

• I started doing yoga in the mornings (Free Online Yoga Videos - Classes and Poses | DoYogaWithMe.com) and after only a week I'm amazed that my neck/shoulders are no longer stiff. It was a near constant soreness before, but is so much better. I never thought I could get into yoga, but first thing in the morning it's kind of nice.

Comment

• Thanks for the link........... I do enjoy yoga I have 3 or 4 DVDs sitting right next the DVD player. I might just try it when I get home from work today.
                2. Eat to heal
                3. Move to live
                4. Embrace today
                5. Live with intention
                6. Respect my body
                7. Cultivate joy
                8. Find my passion

Comment

• came home and had too many things to do, so no yoga. Maybe tomorrow?
                  2. Eat to heal
                  3. Move to live
                  4. Embrace today
                  5. Live with intention
                  6. Respect my body
                  7. Cultivate joy
                  8. Find my passion

Comment

• today is my early day at the office. got here just after 8 and will likely work till noon. I'm feeling a bit down today. Just feel sorta sad.

After work I'm going home and getting in my daily workout - then I'll mow the grass and do some yard work. the flowerbeds are in need a good sprucing up - some raking and weeding mostly.

I'm spending too much time on the computer and needing to back off so I might be MIA for a while.
                    2. Eat to heal
                    3. Move to live
                    4. Embrace today
                    5. Live with intention
                    6. Respect my body
                    7. Cultivate joy
                    8. Find my passion

Comment

• How's the food stuff going? Any plans for how to proceed right now?
                      Depression Lies

Comment

• Feel better soon, Tomi. If you run out of gardening to do, you can come pull the weeds in my flower bed! The finches have deposited thisel seed all over them so there's hip tall thisels to pull - I misplaced my gloves and haven't replaced them yet and don't like the idea of stabbing myself millions of times just to pull them, so grow they get to do for now. lol I'd ask Brad to just buzz everything off with the weed eater, but I still have some flowers in there that are blooming and I'd hate for him to take them off too. Men don't seem to be able to SEE flowers vs weeds, even when they're in bloom. lol
                        Primal since March 5, 2012
                        SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                          How's the food stuff going? Any plans for how to proceed right now?
                          Still trying to stay as close to all protein as possible. I have had a few nuts and a handful of corn chips - nearly DAILY! But they haven't given me any gut issues. For now the plan is to stay protein only for a couple weeks until I feel my tummy and intestines have had a chance to heal a bit. I've got to start from a point of no inflammation. I ate a small piece of ice cream cake on the 5th and was severally ill the next day. So, I'm on day 3 of my elimination phase. 11 days to go before I begin the trial phase. I've downloaded the Whole9 Fodmaps shopping list and will start with adding in a single item at a time. I will have that one food for several days in a row to see if there is any reaction. If not - that food will go on my safe list and I'll move on to another. If I do have a bad reaction then I will need to go back to the elimination phase for a week to allow the inflammation to heal again. This will be a very long and most likely frustrating experience........... but better than remaining sick every day.

One of the frustrations I'm having is that no 2 fodmaps list are the same. I've settled with the Whole9 list because they said they used the 2 most highly respected sources available. One being Sue Shepherd (the Australian who coined the term "fodmaps" and has done extensive research), the other being Stanford University Medical Center. I have to trust that what I'm doing has been well researched - so I'll start with that.

The veggies that I have always eaten are almost ALL on the HIGH list - no wonder I've been so sick for so many years! I thought I was eating so healthy - and come to find out I was making myself ill.
                          2. Eat to heal
                          3. Move to live
                          4. Embrace today
                          5. Live with intention
                          6. Respect my body
                          7. Cultivate joy
                          8. Find my passion

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
                            Feel better soon, Tomi. If you run out of gardening to do, you can come pull the weeds in my flower bed! The finches have deposited thisel seed all over them so there's hip tall thisels to pull - I misplaced my gloves and haven't replaced them yet and don't like the idea of stabbing myself millions of times just to pull them, so grow they get to do for now. lol I'd ask Brad to just buzz everything off with the weed eater, but I still have some flowers in there that are blooming and I'd hate for him to take them off too. Men don't seem to be able to SEE flowers vs weeds, even when they're in bloom. lol
                            Hubby is dangerous with the weed killer! I won't even let him get near the weed eater! Silly boys!
                            2. Eat to heal
                            3. Move to live
                            4. Embrace today
                            5. Live with intention
                            6. Respect my body
                            7. Cultivate joy
                            8. Find my passion

Comment

• Try cutting out the corn chiops for a while and see what that does for you.
                              Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Yes - that's the goal - no "bad" foods going in the pie-hole.

I want to buy this book but would like to read some reviews first - and I can't find more than one or two. The book is $35.00 plus $12.00 shipping. Its coming out of Australia.

I keep looking at it hoping to make a decision.

I put a thread on Odds and Ends asking for info - so far no replies. I know there are people from Australia on the forums - I'm hoping at least one will have seen the book and have an opinion.

Maybe I'll just try to find low-fodmaps recipes online. Cheaper!!!!

I have beef in crockpot - with carrots, onion and celery. I won't use any of the juice because onions and celery on the HIGH fodmaps list. Hopefully the bad stuff won't leach into the beef. I guess if I get sick in the morning I'll know what caused it.

I got lazy when I got home from work and haven't done much. I ate eggs/bacon at noon - then waited to see if I was going to have a belly ache and spend some time in the bathroom before starting a project. Looks like the coast is clear so I'm going to do Barre3 now. The grass doesn't really need to be mowed yet - it can wait a day or 2.
                                2. Eat to heal
                                3. Move to live
                                4. Embrace today
                                5. Live with intention
                                6. Respect my body
                                7. Cultivate joy
                                8. Find my passion

Comment

Working...
                                X