No announcement yet.

Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the camera caught me at a very good moment......... normally I look like I'm about to cough or something horrid like that!
    1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
    2. Eat to heal
    3. Move to live
    4. Embrace today
    5. Live with intention
    6. Respect my body
    7. Cultivate joy
    8. Find my passion
    9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• 10 minute barre3 - mostly stretching
      20 x 30# pull down on the bowflex
      348 jump ropes.

I don't like my new rope. But I'm going to keep working with it to see if I can get used to it. Its lighter than the one I started with so I have to swing it harder. I wish I could somehow take the rope out of the old one and put it on the handles with the ball barings. But I can't.

Time to go to work. blah. I'd much rather stay home today --- its going to be a scorcher today.
      1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
      2. Eat to heal
      3. Move to live
      4. Embrace today
      5. Live with intention
      6. Respect my body
      7. Cultivate joy
      8. Find my passion

Comment

• Great pic! Heat index yesterday at home was 113. Today I'm in El Paso and the heat index is 89. Go figure...
        Female 55
        Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
        Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• Ick!! that's ridiculously HOT!!!! Temp today in Salem, Oregon: 93. I turned on the A/C --- something I never do until the outside temps reach 90.

My gut is really throwing a FIT today. I lost count of how many bathroom visits I've had - I'd guess 8. But after NOT "going" for 5 days I expected there to be a lot more "content". Where does is all go? Very odd. I'm late for work as a result of the continuing issues. I started to leave 45 minutes ago - go in the car - and decided I had best not leave the house just yet. Thank goodness I have a job that doesn't require I punch the clock as a certain time. No one is really relying on me to be there at a certain time

I think I'll give it another try.............
          2. Eat to heal
          3. Move to live
          4. Embrace today
          5. Live with intention
          6. Respect my body
          7. Cultivate joy
          8. Find my passion

Comment

• I notice when I go VLC my bms decrease significantly. I believe it's because your body more effectively uses the fuel and there's less filler (fiber). As long as when you go it's not hard, you're fine. So when you go back to eating clean, don't worry about only going every couple days.

Comment

• Teach - that's what I've noticed also. A pretty easy bm every 3-4 days.
              2. Eat to heal
              3. Move to live
              4. Embrace today
              5. Live with intention
              6. Respect my body
              7. Cultivate joy
              8. Find my passion

Comment

• Tomi, instead of trying to up your jumps each day, stick with one amount for a week and increase the following week. Give your body a chance to get used to the new amount.
                Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Originally posted by teach2183 View Post
                  I notice when I go VLC my bms decrease significantly. I believe it's because your body more effectively uses the fuel and there's less filler (fiber). As long as when you go it's not hard, you're fine. So when you go back to eating clean, don't worry about only going every couple days.
                  This is my theory too.
                  Primal since March 5, 2012
                  SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Originally posted by honeybuns View Post
                    Tomi, instead of trying to up your jumps each day, stick with one amount for a week and increase the following week. Give your body a chance to get used to the new amount.
                    good advice......... I'm going to do that.
                    2. Eat to heal
                    3. Move to live
                    4. Embrace today
                    5. Live with intention
                    6. Respect my body
                    7. Cultivate joy
                    8. Find my passion

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
                      This is my theory too.
                      agree.
                      2. Eat to heal
                      3. Move to live
                      4. Embrace today
                      5. Live with intention
                      6. Respect my body
                      7. Cultivate joy
                      8. Find my passion

Comment

• Yesterday food:

eggs, ground beef, shrimp, nuts, corn chips.

I'm having issues with mid-day snacking. I come home from work really hungry and I grab nuts and chips. I could do worse - but I need to avoid them both for now. I think I will start cooking a chicken breast when I get home from work. We buy those bags of chicken breasts at Costco - so we always have them on hand. OR ---------- I could just NOT eat and wait until dinner. The thing is........... dinner this time of year happens at about 7:30 or 8:00 pm. That means eggs at 11:00 am - then nothing until 8:00 pm. Maybe if I eat a bigger breakfast I could go all the way to dinner without snacking? If have eggs and a bit of meat maybe? I'll try it today. I have ground beef thawed - I'll have eggs and beef at 11:00 and see what happens for the rest of the day.

Following honeybuns advice on the jump rope. I will stick with 300 for the rest of this week and then up it by 10 jumps per week.

I'm feeling really good! No more pain in the shins I'm sleeping okay - falling asleep easily - but waking several times. I go right back to sleep after rolling over or adjusting blankets. My Macks earplugs work sufficiently to block out hubby's snoring.

Time to go jump and barre3 and pull some weights. I'm thinking of adding 5 pounds to the bowflex. ???
                        2. Eat to heal
                        3. Move to live
                        4. Embrace today
                        5. Live with intention
                        6. Respect my body
                        7. Cultivate joy
                        8. Find my passion

Comment

• What about hardboiled eggs to snack on? You could cook up a bunch at the beginning of the week and grab one if you're hungry. We do beef jerky a fair amount too, if you can find a brand without random crap in it. We found one at Costco that's pretty simple.

Comment

• Make thee some chicken stock/bone broth and drink when hungry! Good for your gut
                            Depression Lies

Comment

• Originally posted by teach2183 View Post
                              What about hardboiled eggs to snack on? You could cook up a bunch at the beginning of the week and grab one if you're hungry. We do beef jerky a fair amount too, if you can find a brand without random crap in it. We found one at Costco that's pretty simple.
                              I think I got that same Jerky last week from Costco - it was soft and yummy but I think it still had some questionable stuff in it. Hubby is going to be smoking some salmon soon - but he uses brown sugar in his brine Would love to find a healthier option for him to try. He makes a mean beef jerky too - but I've never looked at what goes into the brine for that one. As for HBEs --- not a big fan but its worth a try. I already eat 3 eggs for breakfast --- and I'm still in that "don't eat too many eggs" mindset.

Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                              Make thee some chicken stock/bone broth and drink when hungry! Good for your gut
                              I haven't made a batch that really tastes good. I have some bones in the freezer - I'll give it another go!
                              2. Eat to heal
                              3. Move to live
                              4. Embrace today
                              5. Live with intention
                              6. Respect my body
                              7. Cultivate joy
                              8. Find my passion

Comment

• I went outside to do my jump rope for the day - got in 3 sets of 50 and was exhausted! I realized I was feeling very thirsty and was most likely a bit dehydrated. So - a full glass of water with my morning pills and eggs with ground beef........... I should be ready to tackly to next 150 jumps and then do the rest of my work out.
                                2. Eat to heal
                                3. Move to live
                                4. Embrace today
                                5. Live with intention
                                6. Respect my body
                                7. Cultivate joy
                                8. Find my passion

Comment

Working...
                                X