No announcement yet.

Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 312?!! Holy cow, woman! Not that long ago you had done 40. Way to go!!
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• well - remember that's a total --- I still can't do more than 55 without stopping and gasping for air!! So I do set of 30-50 and they add up pretty quickly!
      1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
      2. Eat to heal
      3. Move to live
      4. Embrace today
      5. Live with intention
      6. Respect my body
      7. Cultivate joy
      8. Find my passion
      9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Still, that is impressive progress. Lately the most consecutive jumps I have been able to manage is 24 but the average is 12.
        You are red hot and smokin'!
        Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Originally posted by honeybuns View Post
          Still, that is impressive progress. Lately the most consecutive jumps I have been able to manage is 24 but the average is 12.
          You are red hot and smokin'!
          I'm determined! I am so loving seeing my body change with the addition of barre3, bowflex and jump rope I find its best if I find a focal point to concentrate on while I'm jumping. Its helps me keep the timing of the jumps in sinc with the rope.

Today is Day 3 Protein only. My weight was 186 on Wednesday - today it is 181.6. I'd say I was a bit inflamed from poor eating and the 6 mile hike.
          1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
          2. Eat to heal
          3. Move to live
          4. Embrace today
          5. Live with intention
          6. Respect my body
          7. Cultivate joy
          8. Find my passion

Comment

• I'm still doing the tabata cycles with a jump rope. It's 20 seconds all out, ba!!s to the wall jumping, fast as you can for 20 seconds followed by 10 seconds of rest. Do eight cycles. It's a killer! (literally! be careful if you try it).

Congrats on the weight loss!
            Height: 5' 10"
            Starting Weight: 292
            Starting Primal Weight: 275
            Current weight: 224
            Goal weight: 172
            Body Fat 30.5

Comment

• Originally posted by DCarr10760 View Post
              I'm still doing the tabata cycles with a jump rope. It's 20 seconds all out, ba!!s to the wall jumping, fast as you can for 20 seconds followed by 10 seconds of rest. Do eight cycles. It's a killer! (literally! be careful if you try it).

Congrats on the weight loss!

thanks! I don't think I'll attemp the ball-buster jumping that you do. I'd probaby end up on the concrete with a skinned up nose!

Exercise report for today:

Jump rope: 321 (with MANY starts and stops!!!)
              Barre3: 10 minute core
              Bowflex: 40 x 30# pull downs

I think I may have shin splints. I have pain on my chin bone - like a bruise when I touch it - and an achiness after I do my jump rope. After they have rested a while the pain and tenderness go away. I may take a nice epsom bath once I get done mowing the grass.

We're having some family over for dinner - so, I needed to clean house this morning. The normal friday bed washing - plus carpets, laminates and dusting of everything in sight. I miss having a house cleaner come in every 2 weeks!

Dinner is chicken breasts, and for everyone else, loaded baked potato and french bread. Sister is bringing a dessert.
              2. Eat to heal
              3. Move to live
              4. Embrace today
              5. Live with intention
              6. Respect my body
              7. Cultivate joy
              8. Find my passion

Comment

• Be careful with shin splints! If you do have them, you'll be able to feel bumps along the side of your shin and it will be REALLY painful if you push on it. You might need to take some time off from jumping because they only go away with rest and the worse you make them, the longer it takes to heal. I hope it's just a little tenderness!

Keep up the good work sticking to your diet. I hope your tummy is all healed soon.

Comment

• Get some of those paper cups and fill about half full with water and freeze. Three times a day, take one out, peel the cup back to expose the ice and rub the ice on the sore spots til the area turns red and numbs slightly. Do this three times a day.

Also, once the pain subsides after a few days, find a set of stairs. Stand with your heels on the stair, toes off. Pull the toes toward your shins 10x. Do 3 sets of these. This will help strengthen the muscles in your shins. Shin splints are caused by toe pushes - I.e. jump roping - and strengthening the muscles will help.

Dealt with shin splints in my time.
                  Primal since March 5, 2012
                  SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Oh and ibuprofen is your tummy can handle it. This will help with the inflammation and speed the healing process.
                    Primal since March 5, 2012
                    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Alieve 1 tab twice a day. It's an NSAID also.
                      Female 55
                      Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
                      Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• Well - no bumps or swelling - just hurts after I jump and is tender to the touch - like a bruise, only no visible bruising. After about an hour or so the pain goes away, but is still tender to the touch for several hours. This morning I have no pain or tenderness.

I already take an Alieve at bedtime - I'll add one to my morning vitamins. Will do the stair thing!

Thanks for the help and advice

I'm gonna take some time off the jumping and ramp up the Barre3 a bit. Maybe I've increased my jumping too aggressively and my body wasn't conditioned for it. I certainly don't want to cause an injury that will take months to heal.

Tummy is doing good Last 2 days NO issues at all. No BM either - but that's to be expected after the last "flush" on Thursday. I'm sure there was nothing left in my entire intestinal tract! If this works and my tummy issues are fixed its going to be really hard to try to add back in foods that could make me feel awful again. But I really don't think I should try to live on protein alone. I think I'd be lacking too many nutrients in my diet. I mean, 2-4 weeks of it is probably okay, but I don't want to go longer than that without veggies. Fruit I can life without. I haven't had any to speak of for probably a year anyway. The last glass of orange juice was about 4 months ago and I got VERY sick after drinking it. I'm sure it was full of HFCS, didn't even think about that before I ordered it. I haven't had any fresh fruit for a very long time. I miss melons in the summer though and will test that out next summer.

Day 4

Weight is back up to 183.6 (typical)
                        I might skip the workout today. Or maybe just do some weights.

Last night we had family over for dinner and BIL grilled the chicken. He over cooked it and it was too dry and really hard to eat without a dip so I mixed up some (HFCS free) ketchup with a little ranch dressing (soybean oil). I ate 2 small breasts with the dip. Everyone else had loaded baked potatoes and chocolate ice cream cake for dessert. I wasn't even tempted to eat the ice cream cake and felt rather empowered as I watched my 2 over weight and out of shape sisters shoveling it into their pie holes. There was something very liberating about not being seduced by watching them enjoy it. I don't think my tiny bit of badness with the dip did any damage. I estimate I had 12 grams of sugars from the ketchup --- that's about a 1/2 tsp. I did have one small twinge of a tummy ache right after eating -- but I hadn't eaten anything for 10 hours so I figured my tummy was a bit acidic to start with. No other issues - and this morning I'm feeling fine. 4 eggs with a bit of left over bacon bits for breakfast at 8 am. Its all good. I won't eat again until about 3:30.

Tonight we are going to our 35th class reunion. Its a very casual gathering as no one wanted to put out the effort to organize a big to-do. So, word was spread through facebook and word-of-mouth. Curious to see how many show up for it. I don't really want to go - but there are a couple of old friends from out of state who are making the effort to be there and I'd really like to see them. I want to go shopping to get something new and fun to wear. I'm thinking leggings with a fun (long) top. I have a cute pair of shoes I can wear with it. Very casual of course - given the gathering will be at a pub. I'm going to eat before we go (already told hubby my plan) and no alcohol. I told hubby he can drink and I'll be the designated driver. I think we'll make a appearance and duck out early.

Tomorrow is boating day. We didn't get up to the lake at all last weekend cuz we went hiking. Next weekend we will have to stay home cuz our neighbors are going out of town for a memorial service and asked us to tend to their dogs. Hubby wanted to know if we could take them to the boat with us........... uh....... NO!!! 3 dogs on our boat? and their dogs would NOT do well!! So, maybe I'll stay home and he'll go boating? Actually I've been wanting to go the Portland Zoo so I may try to talk him into the doing that instead of going to the lake. ???? have to see who things play out.

Better get moving if I'm going shopping - ugh - I really hate shopping for clothes. My mental image of what my body looks like is ALWAYS better than what I see in that damned dressing room mirror! In my mind I'm probably 2 sizes smaller than what I appear in the mirror. Wish me luck................ send successful shopping vibes my way please!!!
                        Last edited by tomi; 08-03-2013, 09:33 AM.
                        2. Eat to heal
                        3. Move to live
                        4. Embrace today
                        5. Live with intention
                        6. Respect my body
                        7. Cultivate joy
                        8. Find my passion

Comment

• {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{shopping vibes}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
                          My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• I hope you found what you were looking for while shopping and are enjoying your reunion.

I hate shopping too. I've had to do quite a bit lately as my son is getting married next month. And, I was in a funk for more than a few days after too many dressing room mirrors.

Found and ordered a dress online. Got it and it's a little tight for my tastes, though others say it looks good. Went shopping for shapewear and thought my daughter and I would die laughing as I pulled and tugged that **** on and off one handed.

Next came shoes, always a nightmare for me. I think I went to every store that sells shoes in Salem. Got to the point where I was ready to tell my son I was either going barefoot or wearing my Nikes. Finally found a pair that I think will work at Sears.

Comment

• Originally posted by marcadav View Post
                              I hope you found what you were looking for while shopping and are enjoying your reunion.

I hate shopping too. I've had to do quite a bit lately as my son is getting married next month. And, I was in a funk for more than a few days after too many dressing room mirrors.

Found and ordered a dress online. Got it and it's a little tight for my tastes, though others say it looks good. Went shopping for shapewear and thought my daughter and I would die laughing as I pulled and tugged that **** on and off one handed.

Next came shoes, always a nightmare for me. I think I went to every store that sells shoes in Salem. Got to the point where I was ready to tell my son I was either going barefoot or wearing my Nikes. Finally found a pair that I think will work at Sears.
                              Well, shopping was a bust.......... as always. I found some very cute things at Kohls, but nothing that said "buy me cuz you feel good in me" so I opted for something hanging in my closet. It was all good. Since it was a casual gathering what I was wearing was totally appropriate. I hate clothes shopping and hope to someday have a body that looks good in about anything I throw on it.

Sears is sometimes a very good store - and I have been successful in the shoe department there before. One other I have recently found is Ross Dress for Less at the Keizer Station. I scored 3 pairs of sneakers/casuals for $89 last week. Since changing to primal I no longer have to buy wide width shoes and now have the world of footware at my calling! Gotta love that!

Dresses, Marcadav.................... Oh don't even get me started. I don't own a dress and never plan to!!! If/when our children get married I will be sporting a lovely but elegant pant suit! I. DON'T. DO. DRESSES. period! I commend you for finding something online that works --- and gosh would I have loved to be a part of that SPANX adventure!

OH.MY.GOSH!!! what women go through to look "nice" for special events. Guys............ they just pull a shirt and pants together and call it good.

The reunion................... LOADS of FUN! I'm so glad we went. There is something very validating about hearing old friends yell your name and come at you with arms open and envelope you with a long, firm hug!!! I feel totally loved and accepted right now. I had one very funny encounter with a woman who was actually 2 years behind me, but is married to a classmate. She told me, in her memory I was "TOMI BAKER (my maiden name), THE CHEERLEADER" ............... the funny thing is, I was only a cheerleader in my 9th and 10th grades. I didn't even try out for varsity cuz I decided cheerleading wasn't for me ....... I told her that and she was so shocked .... she told me, "Your were a legend!" I laughed ...................... but was somewhat lifted by the whole experience. The really funny thing is................in high school I was jealous of her because she was very beautiful, thin and had the attention of the boy I had been dating. She is now even more beautiful, thinner --- and a truly lovely person (although her language left me a bit disillusioned ! --- I don't so much appreciate the use of the "f" word) But, visiting with her and her husband - okay, just her, was truly enjoyable. I believe there was about 40 of my classmates there - plus a few spouses. We pretty much took over the patio area of the bar, and some of the inside as well. I'd love it if we could do this every year, and I think I will try to make that happen. I did miss one very special person that I wanted to see. Turns out he was inside for a short time. He sent me a text to come see him at the bar - but my phone was in my car and I never got the message until we were on our way home at 10:30 pm. He sent the text just before 6 pm. I nearly cried. I was so looking forward to seeing him. But - for the time being he is right here in Salem and I will be sure to arrange a time for us to have a nice long visit over coffee (water) and catch up............. I have not seen him since high school. He was one of my best friends.

It was also VERY fun going as Mrs. "hubby" Fast ---- some people didn't know that Hubby and I got married so I had fun telling the story of our past dating, break-up, my re-bound marriage, our reunion and marriage after 20 years apart. We have a true life-long love that reunited us after 20 years. I do love being Mrs. Hubby!

okay --- I ate before we went and had only water while there. So - score for me! Birthday and reunion victory!!!!! I rock!
                              2. Eat to heal
                              3. Move to live
                              4. Embrace today
                              5. Live with intention
                              6. Respect my body
                              7. Cultivate joy
                              8. Find my passion

Comment

• Great Job!
                                Primal since 9/24/2010
                                "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                                MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

Working...
                                X