No announcement yet.

Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thorlo socks are awesome. I used them to run before I switched to VFFs, and I have the long thorlo combat boot socks that I use every day for work.

Lovely waterfall. I'm envious you have that kind of area to hike in close to home.
    My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Thorlos! Yes!

Comment

• Dark chocolate isn't so friendly to be either. Darn IBS!
        Depression Lies

Comment

• will have to check out those Thorlos

I'm a bit on the tired and sore side today! That 6 mile hike did me in! But it also broke my stall and I'm back down to 183 now! gotta love that!

Back to a normal week of work. Blah.

I had rum last night........ I think I'm over it. Taste - eh...... Effect - I think I got grouchy.

Food yesterday........... eggs and bacon. A bit of roasted chicken. Some nuts. 2 squares of d. chocolate. a few corn chips. a couple small pieces of jerky. rum/diet coke. That's really not much food. But I ate what I needed to feel satisfied. I wasn't hungry at all during the hike. We stopped to eat mid-way just because we were feeling like we needed some fuel.

The waterfalls were really beautiful - the weather was perfect. We got a bit sweaty on the inclines so I know I was working hard. We saw a few people who were older than us........... blazing up those hills! These 2 ladies........... we guessed were about 65-70 years old. They put us to shame! One looked like she'd been hiking her whole life - she had legs like a man! Not an ounce of fat on those muscular legs! But her face was wrinkled and leathery like she'd spent her entire life in the direct sun. I told hubby I bet she's climbed Mt. Everest! It was definitely a fun day - and one we will remember.

I have a couple salmon steaks thawing for dinner tonight. I think I'll cook the acorn squash to go with.

Tummy issues........... its been better. I've had a little trouble, but not with the same intensity. Usually only 1 bm - and not nearly as much pain. So I guess I'm starting to heal?
          1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
          2. Eat to heal
          3. Move to live
          4. Embrace today
          5. Live with intention
          6. Respect my body
          7. Cultivate joy
          8. Find my passion
          9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Originally posted by tomi View Post
            Thanks, Teach........... I'll take a look at it. ( I looked on Amazon.... I don't have a Kindle and I can't find it available in the ancient form of written word on paper!!!! )I think you're right -- the majority of my inflammation is in my gut. I really think if I can fix the problem inside - I will see the results on the outside. WIN-WIN!
            You can download the Kindle app to both your PC and Phone for free, then read all the kindle books you want without ever having to buy a kindle... or you can get one on ebay for cheap. I think Walmart sells the basic Kindle model for $75. I love my kindle.

Also jealous of the waterfalls. Beautiful pic!
            Primal since March 5, 2012
            SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• That's good to know, Jenn Thanks.

jump rope: I tried......... I failed. I think my body needs to recover from yesterday. I bought a new rope - not liking it too much. Hoping I can get used to it - cuz I paid $15 for it!
              1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
              2. Eat to heal
              3. Move to live
              4. Embrace today
              5. Live with intention
              6. Respect my body
              7. Cultivate joy
              8. Find my passion

Comment

• You can always return it.

Comment

• I think its just a bit too long. I need to shorten it more.
                  2. Eat to heal
                  3. Move to live
                  4. Embrace today
                  5. Live with intention
                  6. Respect my body
                  7. Cultivate joy
                  8. Find my passion

Comment

• Boy........... I'm starting to feel sore all over. Even have a tight muscle in my back! UGH.........
                    2. Eat to heal
                    3. Move to live
                    4. Embrace today
                    5. Live with intention
                    6. Respect my body
                    7. Cultivate joy
                    8. Find my passion

Comment

• DOMS my friend. Relish them. It means you're building muscle.

Comment

• I do jump roping during my training classes, he has me do TABATA cycles (8 sets of 20 second of jumping with 10 second rest intervals). He's got bunches of jump ropes but always hands me one to use, I asked him what made that rope (the one he handed me) the one I should use, and he answered me "it's for your height." So you're probably right. If it was too long it would feel awkward. Maybe you can pull the rope out of the handle and tie it temporarily with something just to try it out. Before cutting and re-knotting it.

I also find if the ropes are too light its hard to get them to swing right.

Jump roping gets me really tired quickly!
                        Height: 5' 10"
                        Starting Weight: 292
                        Starting Primal Weight: 275
                        Current weight: 224
                        Goal weight: 172
                        Body Fat 30.5

Comment

• Now you have got me wanting to jump rope!
                          My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Originally posted by DCarr10760 View Post
                            I do jump roping during my training classes, he has me do TABATA cycles (8 sets of 20 second of jumping with 10 second rest intervals). He's got bunches of jump ropes but always hands me one to use, I asked him what made that rope (the one he handed me) the one I should use, and he answered me "it's for your height." So you're probably right. If it was too long it would feel awkward. Maybe you can pull the rope out of the handle and tie it temporarily with something just to try it out. Before cutting and re-knotting it.

I also find if the ropes are too light its hard to get them to swing right.

Jump roping gets me really tired quickly!
                            I've never timed myself jumping. I usually just go as long as I can without missing - or until I'm pooped out! the longest I've gone is 52 jumps in a row. My new rope is a good one - but I do need to adjust the length a bit. It has ball bearings in the grips so the rope turns instead of twists. But I honestly like my old one better because the handles are weighted, and its adjustable for length. The new one isn't adjustable. I'm hoping I will be able to get used to the new one.
                            2. Eat to heal
                            3. Move to live
                            4. Embrace today
                            5. Live with intention
                            6. Respect my body
                            7. Cultivate joy
                            8. Find my passion

Comment

• Originally posted by Siobhan View Post
                              Now you have got me wanting to jump rope!
                              we'll be starting a new trend soon! Honeybuns started it!
                              2. Eat to heal
                              3. Move to live
                              4. Embrace today
                              5. Live with intention
                              6. Respect my body
                              7. Cultivate joy
                              8. Find my passion

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
                                DOMS my friend. Relish them. It means you're building muscle.
                                Tell me again what DOMs is? I'm so stupid when it comes too all these acronyms!
                                2. Eat to heal
                                3. Move to live
                                4. Embrace today
                                5. Live with intention
                                6. Respect my body
                                7. Cultivate joy
                                8. Find my passion

Comment

Working...
                                X