No announcement yet.

Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tomi, if you're willing to try it, I think peppermint oil capsules might be helpful for your IBS. You take them 15-30 minutes before a meal. I've read online about some trials & studies that were done with peppermint oil capsules as treatment for IBS. For some people, it does nothing, but for a majority of the tests, it's found to be helpful in reducing muscle spasms, rapid elimination, and reducing bloating & gas (aka. IBS symptoms). It's helped reduce the gas & bloating I have after meals. I'm just taking two capsules a day, before lunch and before dinner. The only thing to watch out for is some minty heartburn if you wait too long before the meal. The bottles I've used say to take it 30-60 minutes before the meal, but if I wait until than 30-45 min, I usually get heartburn. I think this might help reduce the effects of small amounts of disagreeable foods you might eat.

I've tried this one and this one. I got the second because it has oregano oil, which has antifungal properties as well. If you try it and it doesn't sit well with me, let me know in PM because I'll buy the rest of the bottle .
    Depression Lies

Comment

• Tracking my weight really did help me identify problem foods. If the weight went up the next morning then there was something in my dinner that didn't like me. What is it? Something like an extra 4000 calories to put on an extra pound? So if you puton two pounds overnight, that is inflammation.
      Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Happy Birthday!!!!!!!
        My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
          Tomi, if you're willing to try it, I think peppermint oil capsules might be helpful for your IBS. If you try it and it doesn't sit well with me, let me know in PM because I'll buy the rest of the bottle .
          Definitely worth a try! Thanks

Originally posted by honeybuns View Post
          Tracking my weight really did help me identify problem foods. If the weight went up the next morning then there was something in my dinner that didn't like me. What is it? Something like an extra 4000 calories to put on an extra pound? So if you puton two pounds overnight, that is inflammation.
          True......... Not real weight gain when I'm eating right. Yesterday totaled about 1700 calories. Not a deficit but not enough to gain. So, I'm figuring it has to be the nuts and mayo. Both caused bloat. Will take them both off my ok list for now.

Originally posted by Siobhan View Post
          Happy Birthday!!!!!!!
          Thanks! Not doing anything special today. After 52 birthdays, the 53rd is no big deal!
          1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
          2. Eat to heal
          3. Move to live
          4. Embrace today
          5. Live with intention
          6. Respect my body
          7. Cultivate joy
          8. Find my passion
          9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Happy birthday to you.....Happy birthday to you......Happy birthday dear Tomi......Happy birthday to you..........
            Female 55
            Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
            Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• Thanks! I can almost hear you singing...........
              1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
              2. Eat to heal
              3. Move to live
              4. Embrace today
              5. Live with intention
              6. Respect my body
              7. Cultivate joy
              8. Find my passion

Comment

• So far today - 120 jumps. I'm getting a new jumprope. Mine is twisting as I'm jumping and causing me to miss --- I'm getting a good one with the swivels so it can't twist.

I slept on my neck wrong............. now I have tight painful thing in my neck and shoulder........... UGH! Not good.
                2. Eat to heal
                3. Move to live
                4. Embrace today
                5. Live with intention
                6. Respect my body
                7. Cultivate joy
                8. Find my passion

Comment

• You need to determine how many calories you burn doing your workouts and make sure you're eating enough. If you create a deficit at 1500 calories with no exercise, then add 200 calories worth of exercise a day, you need to eat more calories or you'll create too large of a deficit and will cause your body stress, which equals inflammation, which equals stalled weight loss.
                  Primal since March 5, 2012
                  SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Good point. According to my estimations I'm only burning about 120 calories between the jumprope and the Barre3 and weights. On a normal day I eat between 1500 and 2000 calories. Generally more to the lower end, and occasionally even lower than that. I tend to think my problems all lie in the damaged gut. If I can heal my gut I think most of the other problems will go away.......... as long as I stay clear of the foods that cause the inflammation and damage. My weight was steadily dropping until I starting eating nuts daily and until the mayo upset last night. So, I'll drop the nuts, stay away from mayo and hope for the best again.

I just started taking some new supplements that I read are supposed to help heal the lining of the small intestines. I'm taking N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine, and N-Acetyl Glucosamine, and Glucosamine HCI. The first is a precursor to Glutathione. The second is a precursor to hyaluronic acid. Both are supposed to aid in healing the lining of the gut - as well as helps joints and connective tissue. I'm also taking the Para 90 for parasites.

I'm still on a very low fodmaps diet as well. Something has to help.

Today I didn't eat until 12:30 - then I went to Costco............. about 4 miles from home my gut started aching and by the time I got to Costco I needed to hit the bathroom before doing any shopping. No diarrhea, but my gut was sure hurting. I think it must be going through some kind of spasms to hurt as bad as it does. I mean............ I'm doing deep breathing (like in labor) just to get through it. Its very painful!!
                    2. Eat to heal
                    3. Move to live
                    4. Embrace today
                    5. Live with intention
                    6. Respect my body
                    7. Cultivate joy
                    8. Find my passion

Comment

• Happy Birthday!
                      Primal since 9/24/2010
                      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                      MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Thanks, P.

so, birthday is over.............. but still get to spend the weekend with my hubby.

The day was kind a wasteful. I made a trip to Costco, but that's about it. I ate too many corn chips............... nothing else to snack on!!! I hope to salt load doesn't have ill effects on the scales tomorrow.

Food:

4 eggs
                        Tuna (no dressing this time)
                        a very small piece of white potato
                        some nuts (I know - but only a few)
                        corn chips

Okay................ the corn chips are totally not primal! But I sat and watched my hubby eat that last piece of blackberry pie bar and ice cream!!! OH the torture! I was really craving a treat and had NOTHING to fill the craving. So - I snacked on about 10 corn chips and some nuts. No bloat so I'm wondering it is certain nuts that are causing the problem - there were no brazil nuts left in the mix. that's the only kind missing. I wonder if Brazil nuts don't agree with me????

Movement............. 120 jumps with the rope. That is all I did today. (hanging head)

Now - I must go to bed................. it is 11:10. Tomorrow is mom day. UGH................
                        2. Eat to heal
                        3. Move to live
                        4. Embrace today
                        5. Live with intention
                        6. Respect my body
                        7. Cultivate joy
                        8. Find my passion

Comment

• Hope you had a fantastic day! And 53 IS special, 'cause it's a Prime Birthday! Not many of those.

Comment

• Sabine - I never thought of it that way. So I'm PRIME for an entire year!

Trying to get going to moms - but my tummy is kinda iffy this morning. Didn't eat anything questionable yesterday unless the corn chips are a gut buster for me.

best get moving............ I really don't want to do this today.
                            2. Eat to heal
                            3. Move to live
                            4. Embrace today
                            5. Live with intention
                            6. Respect my body
                            7. Cultivate joy
                            8. Find my passion

Comment

• I cannot do anything with corn. Almonds are the worst for causing me bloat. Process of elimination you'll figure it out.
                              Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Originally posted by honeybuns View Post
                                ...Process of elimination you'll figure it out.
                                Please tell me that was unintentional!

Comment

Working...
                                X