No announcement yet.

Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think peas tend to be in the grey area for a lot of people........... like corn and rice.

We've just made plans for company on Friday evening with a tuna loin on the bbq Saturday hubby and I are going to get away for a hike at Silver Falls State Park. I'm REALLY looking forward to this!

So this morning I jump roped - not long, I made 18 jumps and missed - then 14 more and missed, then 9 and missed - then couldn't even do 2 ........... so I quite. Then I did 15 pull downs of 30 pounds on the bowflex (tricep work) - then 15 minutes of Barre3 Standing Tall 2 with Sadie. I still haven't made it through the entire 30 minutes of that one. Its a killer! I'm a little achy and very tired now!

Work this month is on the shy side and my paycheck is not going to be a good one. That bothers me. I really want to be making more money so I can pay down the mortgage faster. I've been thinking of looking for a job with more stable hours. But, jobs are hard to come by these days.
    1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
    2. Eat to heal
    3. Move to live
    4. Embrace today
    5. Live with intention
    6. Respect my body
    7. Cultivate joy
    8. Find my passion
    9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Decreasing number of jumps is how I know when to quit also. You did over 40 of them, though!
      Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Oh - I never think to add up the total! That's pretty good I guess. How many do you do?

Steak and sweet potato are not happening for dinner. Its too dang hot to cook so hubby is going to bring home burgers and fries from Nancy's Burgers and Fries. They are supposed to have GREAT food. I'll skip the buns and give hubby most of the fries.

This is from their website: Our burger buns are a special recipe that’s not too soft and not too hard. It’s just right. Our meat patties are 100% fresh ground sirloin, then formed right when we cook them. Everything we do is done fresh daily. Even our potatoes are imported from Idaho and they make the best fries. Our oil was chosen over 14 other brands. We offer four different cheese and 13 different toppings. We also offer a 100% ground Prime Rib burger.

I guess for "fast food" its the least offensive. Will let you know if its truly as good as they claim. We've heard they are a carbon copy of 5's Guys.
        1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
        2. Eat to heal
        3. Move to live
        4. Embrace today
        5. Live with intention
        6. Respect my body
        7. Cultivate joy
        8. Find my passion

Comment

• I have been letting my hair grow out long. I really like it - but I now have an odd problem. My hair falls down between my boobs and it tickles!!! It also gets caught in my armpits - tangled up in my purse strap - and pulled by the seat belt!!!
          2. Eat to heal
          3. Move to live
          4. Embrace today
          5. Live with intention
          6. Respect my body
          7. Cultivate joy
          8. Find my passion

Comment

• How many I do depends upon the day. Some days i do less than you did this morning, once in a great while I surprise myself and go past 80. It was a fluke, I am sure. I have found that arm and hand position determines whether I miss frequently or cruise on through. The best days are when I jump to failure,go do something else, jump to failure, go do something else....you get the picture. I have never gone more than 5 rounds of that and I always try to do three rounds. Sheer guts and determination. Bit by bit it is getting easier. I do alternate regular jumps with speed jumping and listen to when my legs say ENOUGH.
            Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• How was the burger, Tomi?

My hair is long too... I put it up every day. After 9 years in the Army and being forced to put my hair up each day, I can't stand anything on my neck - it makes me feel hot, claustrophobic and anxious. That being said, cutting it off requires too much maintenance (haircuts every 3-4 weeks?? No thanks), so I keep it long and just put it up in a ponytail every day. Drives my sister (a cosmetologist) crazy!!
              Primal since March 5, 2012
              SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• The burger............ well - it tasted really good! and I ate the bun too. Bad choice on that one. Results of eating this food: Nausea, bloat, stomach ache ALL night, 4 trips to the bathroom within an hour of waking. Feeling a bit better now.

I've got to stay on the simple stuff.............. meat - eggs - fish - and continue to experiment with the fodmaps.

Going to eat some eggs in a bit. Work this afternoon and don't want to be sick.

Here's a picture of my BoBo Kitty trying to tell me to open the front door so she can come in.

image.jpg
                2. Eat to heal
                3. Move to live
                4. Embrace today
                5. Live with intention
                6. Respect my body
                7. Cultivate joy
                8. Find my passion

Comment

• I feel so stinking lousy today! I got up at 8 after a terrible nights sleep, racked with pain and nausea, and terrible heat in our bedroom. Its now just before 1 pm and I should be leaving for work but I can't because my guts are still spewing what they don't like having in there! I've used the bathroom about 10 times already and it doesn't seem to be over yet. I may have to just call in sick today. I texted my manager that I'm going to be late. Normally I try to be at work by 1 pm. I have flexible hours so at least I'm not punching a clock. If I can't get there by 2 I don't see the need to go in at all.

Currently the lettuce that was on my burger is being flushed, undigested. I don't think that's supposed to happen.

So............. this is what I'm seeing so far on my do not eat list:

high fat foods
                  deep fried foods
                  dairy
                  chocolate - milk, semi-sweet or dark
                  most fruit
                  most veggies
                  commercial sauces, mayo and anything with soy
                  coffee and tea -- caffeine in general

I know rice is a grain, but I might try adding it back in my diet and see if it causes fibromyalgia problems. I'm pretty sure I can eat white potatoes, but sweet potatoes sometimes cause issues. Maybe its the quantity?

This sucks...............
                  2. Eat to heal
                  3. Move to live
                  4. Embrace today
                  5. Live with intention
                  6. Respect my body
                  7. Cultivate joy
                  8. Find my passion

Comment

• Don't give up hope yet. If I recall correctly, you haven't yet finished doing your FODMAPs & elimination diet trials. A number of the things on your list aren't really primal/paleo anyway (since you are lactose intolerant, it's probably fair to say you should be doing some kind of paleo).
                    Depression Lies

Comment

• yes - I should be doing strictly paleo with fodmaps rules. Boy is it difficult!!!

But I have to try.

today I ordered Acetyl cysteine - to breakdown biofilms in the gut.
                      I also ordered N Acetyl Glucosamine and Glucosamine HCI

both are supposed to help rebuild the protective layer that lines the digestive tract. The article I read was convincing enough for me to try this approach. If it doesn't work it will cost me $45 and 3 months of hoping. If it does work then I should be able to eat a little more normally than I currently am.

In the meantime I am going to TRY very hard to stay on a very strict protein only diet. EGGS - FISH - CHICKEN - BEEF - NUTS.

UGH.................

feeling very ill today.
                      2. Eat to heal
                      3. Move to live
                      4. Embrace today
                      5. Live with intention
                      6. Respect my body
                      7. Cultivate joy
                      8. Find my passion

Comment

• Hope you feel better soon.
                        Female 55
                        Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
                        Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Pedidoc View Post
                          Hope you feel better soon.
                          ^This. Sounds like a very unpleasant day.

Comment

• Its a very sucky day........
                            2. Eat to heal
                            3. Move to live
                            4. Embrace today
                            5. Live with intention
                            6. Respect my body
                            7. Cultivate joy
                            8. Find my passion

Comment

• Well, that just makes tomorrow so much better by comparison.

Comment

• Thanks, Canio! IF I would just eat the right foods I know I would feel so much better.

Workout for the day:

Total of 30 jump ropes - 25 jump ropes with NO misses! (that's a new record)
                                30 pull downs on the bowflex (#30 resistance)
                                10 minute Core Barre3

I'm feeling good about the jump roping I'm nearly 53 and improving my health and fitness levels! Gotta love that.

I feel like I'm getting my head back in the right place............ I took a couple weeks off and ate some bad things. Didn't go completely AWOL, but strayed into some bad territory. No binges and nothing super awful --- but enough to mess up my guts again - and add some poundage.

I'm going to start recording everything that goes in my mouth in my journal so I'm not hiding anything or fooling myself into thinking I'm really not doing all that bad! With my gut issues and the difficulty I have shedding the pounds I need to stay on top of things at all times. I need to remember if I stray....... I get sick and my weight loss stops or reverses and I gain. The worst part is the getting sick. My body can't heal if I continue to feed it things that it can't handle. So, for a while I'm going to stick with only foods that I know my body will digest and will not make me feel sick.

Again - eggs, beef, fish, chicken, nuts.......... protein. I'm thinking I need a good solid month of eating just protein to allow my intestines to heal and be ready to start introducing other things. But I absolutely can not eat the things that I already know will cause me grief.

So -- today I have had 4 eggs and 1/4 cup mixed nuts (no peanuts). Later I'll edit to add what I eat this evening.
                                2. Eat to heal
                                3. Move to live
                                4. Embrace today
                                5. Live with intention
                                6. Respect my body
                                7. Cultivate joy
                                8. Find my passion

Comment

Working...
                                X