No announcement yet.

Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a thought but if your body is getting used to anti-diarrheals then you may need to stop for a month to let your body normalize.
    Female 55
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• You can still have potato salad - if you make it with homemade paleo mayo. Google recipes for miracle whip if that's what you normally use as the dressing (some do - like my mom) - substitute honey or stevia (ugh) instead of sugar. I still make deviled eggs - but I make my own mayo now. It's quick and easy... honestly.
      Primal since March 5, 2012
      SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• I make German Potato salad now.
        Female 55

Comment

• what's that?

Comment

• You use bacon, onion, white vinegar with the potatoes. This is the recipe I use Authentic German Potato Salad Recipe - Allrecipes.com
            Female 55

Comment

• I love potato salad when it's made with vinegar instead of mayo. Coleslaw too!
              Depression Lies

Comment

• Ooops forget the quote............. this was for the anti-diarrheal comment from Pedidoc.

I only use them rarely - only when I absolutely have to. In the past 6 months I would say I've only used them 3-4 times.
                Last edited by tomi; 07-02-2013, 03:37 PM.
                1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                2. Eat to heal
                3. Move to live
                4. Embrace today
                5. Live with intention
                6. Respect my body
                7. Cultivate joy
                8. Find my passion
                9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
                  You can still have potato salad - if you make it with homemade paleo mayo. Google recipes for miracle whip if that's what you normally use as the dressing (some do - like my mom) - substitute honey or stevia (ugh) instead of sugar. I still make deviled eggs - but I make my own mayo now. It's quick and easy... honestly.
                  I still haven't tried to make my own mayo. I used Best Foods (Helmans) ............ Miracle Whip = nastiness!!! commercial stuff gives me heart burn, so even when I do endulge I do it very sparingly. Also - my potato salad doesn't have sweetener in it. Eggs, potatos, mayo, mustard, garlic powder, salt and pepper, dill pickles and pickle juice.
                  1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                  2. Eat to heal
                  3. Move to live
                  4. Embrace today
                  5. Live with intention
                  6. Respect my body
                  7. Cultivate joy
                  8. Find my passion

Comment

• ok - might have to try that German PS
                    2. Eat to heal
                    3. Move to live
                    4. Embrace today
                    5. Live with intention
                    6. Respect my body
                    7. Cultivate joy
                    8. Find my passion

Comment

• Originally posted by Pedidoc View Post
                      You use bacon, onion, white vinegar with the potatoes. This is the recipe I use Authentic German Potato Salad Recipe - Allrecipes.com
                      No eggs? hum............ hubby wouldn't approve but I might try it anyway.
                      2. Eat to heal
                      3. Move to live
                      4. Embrace today
                      5. Live with intention
                      6. Respect my body
                      7. Cultivate joy
                      8. Find my passion

Comment

• Originally posted by tomi View Post
                        Now the boys request this one. It's probably the bacon. I use coconut sugar or a touch of honey instead of the sugar.
                        Female 55

Comment

I still haven't tried to make my own mayo. I used Best Foods (Helmans) ............ Miracle Whip = nastiness!!! commercial stuff gives me heart burn, so even when I do endulge I do it very sparingly. Also - my potato salad doesn't have sweetener in it. Eggs, potatos, mayo, mustard, garlic powder, salt and pepper, dill pickles and pickle juice.
                          Swap the mayo for a non-commercial version and you're good to go. My potato salad doesn't have sweetener either. People seem to think potato salad tastes better with miracle whip (which is mayo with sweetener and spices), and in some cases I'd agree (when the sweetness is cut with yellow mustard) but I will make mine without it.

I used to want to make potato salad with onions, cheese, cubed potatoes, and hidden valley ranch dressing. That's how I always ate my baked potato and figured I might as well make just turn it into a potato salad. Haven't done so yet, though... but now I would definitely like a baked potato with ranch dressing!

Comment

No reason you cannot make it your own by adding eggs. I love German potato salad, especially when I use ACV.
                            Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• I've been struggling to get our fish pond water clear. It has that pea soupy look to it. Floating algae is the culprit. We haven't found a solution. We've added all the stuff that the store says to add and it doesn't do anything. Yesterday I was reading about how to lower to ph since its been on the ridiculously high side for the past 2 years. Its off the charts on the dip stick color range - so I'm guessing its running around 9-10. VERY alkaline. One thing I read said to put in Distilled White Vinegar. Well, I don't that kind - but I did have a quart bottle of ACV - so I dumped that in. It turned the water a very dark black/brown - exactly as it does when we add the sludge-away chemicals. I should test it again and see what happens. I did get out the water testing kit yesterday and everything is fine except for the ph - it turns the test water bright purple! VERY HIGH ph. I have to find a way to bring it down. I've added well water, that isn't working. Will test with a strip and see what happens.

NOPE - still purple....... dang.
                              Last edited by tomi; 07-03-2013, 09:37 AM.
                              2. Eat to heal
                              3. Move to live
                              4. Embrace today
                              5. Live with intention
                              6. Respect my body
                              7. Cultivate joy
                              8. Find my passion

Comment

• What about baking powder? Isn't baking powder supposed to be neutralizing?

Can you drain the pond and start over?

Comment

Working...
                                X