Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tomi View Post
    I'm going by what my body is telling me instead of by some arbitrary number system.
    Love this.

Your sister makes me laugh.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Yes - feeling good about where I am with food right now. I don't weigh or measure any of it. I just eat what my body is telling me it needs. Sometimes I will feel a bit empty in the gut - or have a few growls - but if I don't also have an appetite then I don't pay much attention to it. I figure there has to be hunger and desire for food if my body is truly in need of fuel. Besides - I have plenty of fat stores for it to draw from.

I need to take out some chicken for dinner tonight and I think I'll do a fish tomorrow. We got some beautiful salmon fillets from a customer a couple weeks ago.

I haven't done Barre3 for 3 days because I've have had several low energy days........... most likely caused from Rum over the weekend. Still haven't tackled that monster. Need to find a different "chill out" maker. I think its mostly just mental habit at this point - its the weekend and I want to just relax. But ............... its BAD for my body! I want to be strong, energetic and healthy --- and that is definitely holding me back. I have cut back on the quantity. I've tackled so many other monsters - this one is next on my list.

Anyway --- I'm dressed and ready to do Barre3 this morning. I'll pick a fairly easy 10 minute workout.
      1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
      2. Eat to heal
      3. Move to live
      4. Embrace today
      5. Live with intention
      6. Respect my body
      7. Cultivate joy
      8. Find my passion
      9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• I did a 30 minute total body workout! Had to take a breather during the tough leg work - but I did the entire 30 minutes. Now I need to go shower and go to work. I have some errands to run before I go to the office - bank and post office mainly. I need to stop at the store on the way home. Going to make a chicken/bacon/veggie thing for dinner tonight. I'm gonna cook it with the veggies, but probably will pick them out of mine. Maybe I can get the flavor without the frustose? Does fructose leech out into the other food? Hope not. I'm trying to cook stuff that hubby likes, but also won't make me sick the next day. Its tough!!! Maybe I'll try to find a primal chicken teriyaki instead. This would so much easier if I was only cooking for me. UGH!
        1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
        2. Eat to heal
        3. Move to live
        4. Embrace today
        5. Live with intention
        6. Respect my body
        7. Cultivate joy
        8. Find my passion

Comment

• I decided to make hubby a rice and chicken teriyaki (bottled sauce) for dinner. I'll make plain old ordinary chicken for me Now I find out he's gonna be late so I might go ahead and make my dinner now.

I have the weirdest taste in my mouth............... sorta sweet and metallic - its yucky. If this is ketosis, I haven't had it before. Maybe I should go pee on a stick and see what happens.
          2. Eat to heal
          3. Move to live
          4. Embrace today
          5. Live with intention
          6. Respect my body
          7. Cultivate joy
          8. Find my passion

Comment

• That sounds like ketosis -- the metal taste...
            My Leptin Reset Journey

Current BF%: 35
            Goal BF%: 20-23

Comment

• ^ I agree!
              Female 55
              Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
              Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• You might want to look into what Paleobird is eating. I don't think she gets bored with her food. "Plain old boring chicken" sounds like you are skimping yourself out on possible amazing meat-based meals. I realize there are things to avoid, but I bet you could still make some simple sauces or seasoning mixtures without any detrimental results.
                Depression Lies

Comment

• Look at this website: Peace, Love, and Low Carb. She has some awesome meal ideas for the low carber. Some of the stuff includes FODMAPS and fructose veggies, but I think you'll be able to find some nice dishes in there that you can eat.

Comment

• Thanks, girls! I know I need to experiment a bit if I'm going to make this work for me. I'll check out some recipes over the next few days. I have tomorrow free cuz I don't have to take mom shopping until Monday (she has a doc appointment). I think I will go to the office early today and then I'll be free from noon today until noon on Monday Yeah for flexible schedules.

I tested the waters last night......... I made hubby teriyaki chicken w/rice. I had about 1/4 cup of rice, a chicken breast fried in olive oil and a can of green beans. I decided to put some soy sauce on the rice/chicken. BAD idea! Within an hour my stomach started hurting -- I had to make a run to the bathroom -- and I felt nauseous the entire night. Didn't sleep well at all. I don't think it was the green beans as I've had them before with no issues. They are also supposed to be one of the safest veggies on the fodmaps list. So, I will add soy sauce to my list of bad foods. That's going to make eating sushi a bit boring since I always make a mixture of soy sauce and wasabi for dipping. UGH........... my list of safe foods is looking very small.

I woke up feeling very hungry - which is very odd cuz normally I don't feel like eating anything until around 11:00. I'll make some eggs and see what the gut does with it. If I get sick I will have to put off work until this afternoon.

I'm sure tired of this!!! I don't even remember how long its been going on - I think close to 6 years now.

Last night I was thinking about everything I eat or take in the way of supplements. I've decided to stop taking vitamin C for a bit since I've read that it has a laxative effect for many people. Last night I took my supplements with dinner and was sick shortly after. Most mornings I take my supplements in the morning, and am usually sick in the mornings........ wouldn't it be crazy if all this time it was the supplements making me sick and not the food? So I'm skipping vitamin C for a couple weeks. This is all making my head spin!
                    2. Eat to heal
                    3. Move to live
                    4. Embrace today
                    5. Live with intention
                    6. Respect my body
                    7. Cultivate joy
                    8. Find my passion

Comment

• It sounds like you tested too many things at once. If you're going to try rice, try rice and meat. If you're going to try soy sauce, try soy sauce and meat. Even though green beans were okay before, I wouldn't mix veggies with other "trial" foods until you're certain of things.

Vitamin C in higher doses can have a laxative effect, yes, but don't abandon your food trials yet!
                      Depression Lies

Comment

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                        It sounds like you tested too many things at once. If you're going to try rice, try rice and meat. If you're going to try soy sauce, try soy sauce and meat. Even though green beans were okay before, I wouldn't mix veggies with other "trial" foods until you're certain of things.

Vitamin C in higher doses can have a laxative effect, yes, but don't abandon your food trials yet!
                        Agree.

Comment

• Rice is supposed to be on the safe list - but I suppose it could be unsafe for me. Same goes for green beans.

I guess I better back up to the basics again. I hate this. But its necessary.

Not abandoning the food tests, but I am going to cut the vitamin C for a bit. I have been reading about it this morning and although it says to start with 2000 mg if you have constipation issues - several sites also say that if you are extremely sensitive to it even 500 mg can have a laxative effect. I have been taking 1000 mg a day for many years! If its not the complete cause it couldn't definitely be a contributing factor. I started taking vitamin C during my sickest years - which coincides with the onset of the chronic diarrhea.

I'm going to cut it and continue on with the food experiments. Meat only............. adding in one thing at a time.

Thanks for keeping me walking in a straight line - instead of weaving around like a drunken sailor.
                          2. Eat to heal
                          3. Move to live
                          4. Embrace today
                          5. Live with intention
                          6. Respect my body
                          7. Cultivate joy
                          8. Find my passion

Comment

• okay - 3 eggs in olive oil for breakfast - and supplements:

Multi vitamin
                            B Complex
                            D
                            Evening Primrose
                            ChangeOLife
                            Potassium

So far so good!

Snack after work - left over chicken
                            Dinner - Halibut

Don't feel like adding in anything today - will try to have a pain/diarrhea free day.
                            2. Eat to heal
                            3. Move to live
                            4. Embrace today
                            5. Live with intention
                            6. Respect my body
                            7. Cultivate joy
                            8. Find my passion

Comment

• Hubby has to go up to the lake to work on 3 boats. He's leaving in a few minutes, straight from the shop, and going to spend the night on our boat. I'd go, but he's going to be working until bedtime and then it'll be rush down the mountain to get to the shop early in the morning - so I opted to stay home. That means I'm by myself tonight I won't even see him before he leaves. And if he goes straight to the shop in the morning I won't see him until he gets home from work tomorrow night. Boo-Hoo................

I thought Honeybuns was having too much with the jump rope - so I bought one too! My first shot at it and I made 6 jumps before I missed. Serious sports bra will be needed for this kind of fun!

Work was good. 5 hours today. Since I was sick on Tuesday my total for the week is low and that won't make me happy when the paycheck comes. But, can't do anything about it now. I suppose I could work tomorrow if I really wanted to............ but, don't really want to. I'm gonna try to get some carpet cleaning done - and other misc housework.

I'm pan frying 2 nice Halibut fillets in olive oil. I picked our first zucchini from our garden - and I really want to try it - but I'd rather have a few days of no belly ache so I'm not going to cook it just yet. maybe over the weekend?

I saw an old friend from high school today. She stopped by the office doing a little PR for a Podiatrist that she's working for. Since we're a diabetic clinic we have lots of patients who need foot care. It was good to visit with her - and she looked fabulous which wasn't so great for my self-esteem today. She's as thin as she was in high school - and just as beautiful! But, she likes to dress it up way more than I do - I'm fine in my jeans and reeboks. She noticed I had lost weight from the last time we saw each other - 5 years ago at the 30th class reunion. I was HEAVY at that one. I've lost 38 pounds since then. So I guess its gonna show, but she's the first person to say anything about it.

Speaking of class reunions............. I have 6 weeks until my 35th class reunion. UGH........... How can I lose 40 pounds in 6 weeks? I guess I just have to keep doing what I'm doing - and let the pounds fall where they may. When I graduated high school I weighed 118 pounds. Granted I'm nearly 2 inches taller now - but still. Barre3 and jumping rope and eating right - that's all I can do.
                              Last edited by tomi; 06-21-2013, 12:49 AM.
                              2. Eat to heal
                              3. Move to live
                              4. Embrace today
                              5. Live with intention
                              6. Respect my body
                              7. Cultivate joy
                              8. Find my passion

Comment

• Just remember, self confidence trumps thin at the high school reunion!

When I first started jumping rope, without boooby squishers, the first thing my hubby did when I came in was check for black eyes!
                                Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Working...
                                X