No announcement yet.

Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
    2. Eat to heal
    3. Move to live
    4. Embrace today
    5. Live with intention
    6. Respect my body
    7. Cultivate joy
    8. Find my passion
    9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Good on you, Tomi! I can't wait to see how you do and what you find out with your experiment.
      Primal since March 5, 2012
      SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• I'm pumped! I hope this food experiment is successful so I can just start to learn what I can and cannot eat - and stop my constant searching for answers!!! I would be in HEAVEN if this would fix my gut issues AND my weight issues! Is that too much to ask? I have read that having terribly messed up gut flora can cause trouble with gaining or losing weight. I SOOO hope that is my problem!

I ate 5 eggs for breakfast cuz I was very hungry - and I needed to eat up the last of the store bought eggs. I had a bit of a tummy ache for a while after. I might need to do another NO egg experiment if the tummy aches don't stop. I'd hate to give up eggs - but I will if I have to. I'll do anything to feel better. But I think the pain is just from my gut being so damaged. Cuz I will get a tummy ache no matter what I eat. Certain foods cause much more pain and distress. It will be interesting to see if I get into full ketosis on this ZERO carb experiment. I still have lots of keto-stix left - so I guess I'll check in a few days.

Anyway - food today:

eggs
        pork rinds
        ground beef (at least that's what I have planned)

Sold the 5th Wheel to a very happy man from Wenatchee, WA. They've been looking for almost 2 years and said ours is BY FAR the best thing they've seen! He took a picture of it pulling out of the driveway so he could send a picture to his wife and 6 kids (adult kids). He was very happy. He said they will really enjoy and were thankful to have found it. AND - I just took $12,500 to the bank........ all HUNDREDS. Did you know you have to answer questions when depositing that much cash?

"Did you sell something? Can I see your ID? What is your occupation?"

................. SERIOUSLY? I don't think I look like a low life drug dealer - or a hooker........... I hope I don't look like either of those things!!! Anyway - the money is in the bank and will soon be paid on our mortgage This will cut $13,500 off our mortgage this month! WOOT WOOT!! I'm so excited!

I opted to do a stretching WO this morning cuz I was feeling a little low on energy. I found a Dennis Austin 10 minute stretch on Youtube. I'm going to go put on my WO clothes and do a Barre3 before hubby gets home.
        1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
        2. Eat to heal
        3. Move to live
        4. Embrace today
        5. Live with intention
        6. Respect my body
        7. Cultivate joy
        8. Find my passion

Comment

• That is fabulous Tomi!!! You'll be mortgage free in no time.
          Primal since 9/24/2010
          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
          MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• well............... if 8 years is no time - then yup!! That is the most aggressive payoff plan - it may take longer if there are any hiccups along the way. Shorter if we happen to have a few stellar years at the boatshop.
            1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
            2. Eat to heal
            3. Move to live
            4. Embrace today
            5. Live with intention
            6. Respect my body
            7. Cultivate joy
            8. Find my passion

Comment

• Banks questioned where Brad and I got a $5,000 down payment on our mortgage when we bought our first house. We had to get all kinds of documentation to show that the cash we were putting down was legitimate "legal" cash and not earned through drug deals and stuff like that. We borrowed it from FIL's retirement fund, so it was easy to document, but still a pain in the arse.

Comment

• I suppose they have legal reasons to document things like that. The IRS has to have their fingers into everything taxable.

My second day of eating only meat. I had a bit of a challenge at lunch - mom and I met sister for lunch and I couldn't find anything on the menu that was just plain meat. So when I asked the waitress she said they could just make me a plain chicken breast with salt and pepper. They charged only $3.50 for it and it was pretty tasty. I had to laugh at my sister --- she was asking about what I'm doing and said, "so what do you eat for breakfast? Bacon?" ........... I said, "usually eggs" ............ her response was "but I thought you said you were only meat - eggs aren't meat" (faceplant!!!) I said "they're pre-meat". She said, "so, you're eating only protein?" ................... DUH! My sister is a brunette - but she's typical blonde by nature!

food today:
                3 eggs
                a small chicken breast
                a good sized beef patty

dinner will be a ground pork patty. I'm making a beef curry for hubby.

My goodness I pee'd a LOT this morning! Is that sign of being in ketosis? Must be related to my diet of only protein cuz it was pretty unusual.

I forgot to send the scales with hubby - but after giving it some thought I think they would get broken in his truck anyway. I'll have to find a better option. I didn't step on them this morning

I slept really good last night and woke up feeling wonderful! That's pretty unusual for me. I had a little tummy pain and some diarrhea. I ended up taking a pill to stop it cuz I had to take mom to the doctor and shopping, then go shopping myself - I couldn't be running to the restroom at every place we stopped.

Now - time to mow the grass. Its shaping up to be a gorgeous weekend here in the Willamette Valley!
                2. Eat to heal
                3. Move to live
                4. Embrace today
                5. Live with intention
                6. Respect my body
                7. Cultivate joy
                8. Find my passion

Comment

• Originally posted by tomi View Post

I forgot to send the scales with hubby - but after giving it some thought I think they would get broken in his truck anyway. I'll have to find a better option. I didn't step on them this morning
                  I am open to babysitting your scales for the duration. Just let me know. We could use the Fred Meyer parking lot as a transfer location.

Comment

• Thanks, Marcadav I'll let you know if becomes too much of a temptation - but I think just telling hubby to hide it is the best option

Woke up feeling really great - I have had TWO good nights of sleep in a row. There must be something to this ketosis thing that is working in my favor. This morning hubby told me the "girls" are going away - so that must mean I'm losing now.
                    2. Eat to heal
                    3. Move to live
                    4. Embrace today
                    5. Live with intention
                    6. Respect my body
                    7. Cultivate joy
                    8. Find my passion

Comment

• Tomi, there is a W30 challenge thread up for June.
                      Primal since 9/24/2010
                      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                      MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I saw that
                        2. Eat to heal
                        3. Move to live
                        4. Embrace today
                        5. Live with intention
                        6. Respect my body
                        7. Cultivate joy
                        8. Find my passion

Comment

• Sitting here debating if I am starting the all protein tomorrow - or waiting until Monday, so I don't end up throwing out the bowl of leftover yumminess of ground, zucchini and a tiny bit of carrot.

On a side note, I am thinking of pulling the scales out of the dark recesses of the closet and weigh before I start this adventure ... have to prepare for the marauding dust bunnies that are currently guarding it.
                          Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.

Comment

• Originally posted by Orannhawk View Post
                            marauding dust bunnies
                            Hahahahaha

Sounfs like ketosis to me Tomi. Congrats! And best of luck to your continued success.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

• EDIT - I wrote this yesterday but forgot to click save - so it looks like I wrote it today. I'll add a date to make it right.

June 2, 2013
                              Okay - day 5. I'm doing GREAT! Not a hint of a tummy ache or diarrhea in 2 DAYS! I will continue with this all protein experiment for a full 2 weeks.

My body continues to change. I'm still wearing my size 14 jeans, and L tops - but things are changing. Hubby keeps telling me my boobs are shrinking, and this morning told me my butt was getting smaller. I noticed in the mirror this morning that I'm getting my hour-glass back! I actually have curves again! Not just roles and bulges! I'm REALLY excited about that! I'm definitely getting stronger and my legs are really shaping up! Less cellulite and everything.

Have to confess - I had rum last night. But I still feel like I've been successful because in the past 7 days I've been 100% whole30 - and the past 5 days 100% ZERO carb.
                              Last edited by tomi; 06-03-2013, 09:18 AM.
                              2. Eat to heal
                              3. Move to live
                              4. Embrace today
                              5. Live with intention
                              6. Respect my body
                              7. Cultivate joy
                              8. Find my passion

Comment

• Nice work, Tomi! All those little changes you are seeing are such good signs! I had a little cellulite on my butt 2 years ago when I was the same weight (but more fat than muscle) and that was the first thing to go away even though the scales didn't change.
                                Depression Lies

Comment

Working...
                                X