No announcement yet.

Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The first 2 days of Whole30 have gone well. But then, its not the weekend is it? My challenge will come Friday about 4:00 when I start anticipating hubby coming home from work and what the weekend will hold for us.

I slept pretty good last night. Only up ONE TIME to use the potty! I could have gotten up once more but forced myself to stay in bed. I need to retrain my bladder to make it through the night without having to get up 3 times! I was up at 7 am - so slept a good 8 hours with once up and a few slight wake ups to move or pull the covers tighter. It was cold last night with the windows open.

Night sweats are better when I remember to take the supplements 3 times a day. MUST remember to do that. I don't seem to have day hot flashes anymore. They start around 9 pm. But nothing as fierce as they used to be - just a slight warming and a little perspiration. Even the night sweats have eased up - no more soaked sheets! Maybe this period of life is passing Or, maybe its just the supplements. I will keep taking them for about 6 months, then try a break and see what happens. I ordered 2 bottles of Change of Life because they were 1/2 off. Better to have all of what I take in one bottle, rather than 3.

My paycheck should be pretty good this month and am looking forward to putting a great deal extra on the mortgage. I'm having so much fun watching the principle drop enormous amounts every month! Its so much better than seeing $200 go to principle and $900 go to interest! UGH! This month I will pay $2651 - and just over $1800 goes to PRINCIPLE. The rest taxes and interest. Gotta love it!

We did spend some extra money this month though - the Melaleuca order and the soil for the veggie garden. So I will have to dip into the reserves to cover the credit card bill. Need to look at the bank balance.

Better get moving............ things to do! I need do Barre3 - do some housework and mow the yard. Work this afternoon. Have to figure out what I'm cooking for dinner too. I have a chicken thawing - but I don't think it will be ready to roast tonight. Maybe I'll throw together a meatloaf for tonight.
    Last edited by tomi; 05-01-2013, 11:28 AM.
    1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
    2. Eat to heal
    3. Move to live
    4. Embrace today
    5. Live with intention
    6. Respect my body
    7. Cultivate joy
    8. Find my passion
    9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Workout - Barre3 10 minute Ski Conditioning. good for arms, legs and core! Had to drop the weights but made it most of the way through. My balance is improving doing these workouts.

Points to Marcadav for pointing me in the direction of this great AT HOME workout! I love it! I can choose length of workout and body part I want to focus on. I try to rotate through all the different parts so I get a good balance.
      1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
      2. Eat to heal
      3. Move to live
      4. Embrace today
      5. Live with intention
      6. Respect my body
      7. Cultivate joy
      8. Find my passion

Comment

• My legs are getting stronger - I can make it up the stairs at work without using the handrail now! Its a LONG staircase.

Food today: 3 oz ground pork, fried. tuna/cream cheese mix. 4 oz ground beef. 1 cup mashed butternut squash w/butter.

I'm craving chocolate!
        2. Eat to heal
        3. Move to live
        4. Embrace today
        5. Live with intention
        6. Respect my body
        7. Cultivate joy
        8. Find my passion

Comment

• I like to use the stairs up to my office as a measure for strength too . It's 3 flights, which really isn't that much, but it used to wind me! I can feel how much I worked my legs and butt bicycling yesterday, oof.
          Depression Lies

Comment

• When you need a challenge on that staircase, start taking the stairs two at a time. Best butt exercise EVER!
            Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• I think I have a long ways to go before trying the stairs 2 at a time! But my legs are definitely getting stronger and I will certainly share that triumph when it occurs! I'm up and down the stairs multiple times during my 4 hours at work - on average, 4 times.

I stepped on the scale this morning and I'm happy to see that my weight is starting to come down again. I've dropped 2 pounds in just a few days.
              2. Eat to heal
              3. Move to live
              4. Embrace today
              5. Live with intention
              6. Respect my body
              7. Cultivate joy
              8. Find my passion

Comment

• Now it's time to stay off the scale, now that you know it's working
                Depression Lies

Comment

• Keep me honest, Tasha! I have my baseline - so I know where my starting point is. I'll take the battery out of the scale again - maybe even ask hubby to hide it for me! I need to break that bond between me and the number that pops up on the scale every day.
                  2. Eat to heal
                  3. Move to live
                  4. Embrace today
                  5. Live with intention
                  6. Respect my body
                  7. Cultivate joy
                  8. Find my passion

Comment

• So, something was up with the database thingy today and I kept getting an error message while trying to access the journals. I'm glad its fixed. I am a bit to addicted to this site.

Okay - as I confessed on the whole30 thread........... I forgot dairy was not allowed on whole30 and for the first 2 days I had tuna mixed in a combo of cream cheese, sour cream and yogurt. I wanted to start over since I messed up - but Jenn told me I should just keep going. So I decided to just step back one day - making May 1 my Day 1. Works for me. Today - so far so good!

I'm skipping Barre3 today. Its my early day at work, so I was at the office from 8 - 11:30, then came home and made a meatloaf for tonight and prepared a whole chicken to roast tomorrow. Then I went outside: picked up doggy do-do, mowed the lawn (45 minutes), then tried to set up the sprinklers with the new well pump system. I'm pooped out - so not doing the workout today.

Disappointment followed the maiden voyage of the new well pump. First off - after hubby wired it all up, it wouldn't work. So the company who installed it came this morning and installed a new power control box while I was at work. After mowing the grass - I hooked up the Y valve, screwed on 2 hoses, got out 2 sprinklers, plugged it in and WAALAA WATER! for about 5 minutes............ then the pressure started to decrease to the point that the sprinklers weren't doing anything but peeing out a small stream of water. I turned it off for about 30 minutes, tried again, and still only a small amount of water - not even enough to make the sprinkler move back and forth. I called hubby - he's going to call the company again. It can only be one of two things........... the pump isn't working property or our well has VERY LITTLE water in it!!!!! Which could hardly be the case because we live about 100 yards from the Willamette River - and the well is plenty deep! It has to be the pump. If they pull it - replace it, and the same thing happens then it has to be the well itself. Which will REALLY suck because we've spent a LOT of money to get this well to work for us. So, I'm feeling a bit anxious about it all. I just don't see how we could have a bad well -- not this close to the river. It has to be the pump itself.

Ugh - its always something.
                    2. Eat to heal
                    3. Move to live
                    4. Embrace today
                    5. Live with intention
                    6. Respect my body
                    7. Cultivate joy
                    8. Find my passion

Comment

• Originally posted by tomi View Post
                      Ugh - its always something.
                      I came to this conclusion the other day as well when I went from one "drama" to the other in my journal this week... we get one problem solved and another crops up right away... why? Why can't we just have some problem free days? lol

I hope the well thing works itself out and it's not indeed 'dry'. I'm thinking Brad and I won't have issues getting water from the ground at our house since the house literally floats on the water table. As long as our sump pump is pumping water, I'll have water for watering the garden (we're going to collect the sump pump water (and the water that runs off the house when it rains) in rain barrels so I can water the garden this year. Super excited.
                      Primal since March 5, 2012
                      SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Jenn - what a great idea for water conservation - and not having to pay for it! You're water table must be VERY shallow if you need to pump it out from under your house! What would sorta freak me out!

As for the well --- hubby and I were talking about it last night and I dawned on me that the trouble could be from sediment in the well. Not having been used in over 20 years it likely was not clear running water. So, between songs on American Idol we went out to check - and sure enough - both sprinklers and hoses were filled with sediment! We removed the sprinklers and let both hoses run freely for a while - we got clear water, then mucky water again, and then it cleared up again. I'm going out in a bit to run it again and see it runs clear. Hubby is calling the well people to ask what they think about it. Hopefully we can clear it out and all will be "well" Ahaha I made a funny!

Its not even 8 am yet and I've already vacuumed, got the dog blankets washing, washed 5 big windows ................ and took all the clean laundry to our bedroom! I think its going to be a productive day! I plan to get all the floors cleaned, all the windows cleaned and do some yard work. Oh, and I need to do the books for the boatshop too. Pay bills and make a deposit for both home and business. Better not spend too much time on the computer today.

Whole30 is going well for me (besides the dairy goof up). My hardest time in the evenings while relaxing with hubby - I get the cravings for treats. We have ice cream in the freezer that hubby bought over a week ago and it still hasn't been opened. I call that a victory! I'm feeling a bit lighter - but then I'm never very accurate about that sort of thing. I will think I've lost weight - and then the scales tell me I've gained a couple pounds. So I'm not going to think too much about it. Just follow the whole30 plan and try to get in LOTS of movement!
                        2. Eat to heal
                        3. Move to live
                        4. Embrace today
                        5. Live with intention
                        6. Respect my body
                        7. Cultivate joy
                        8. Find my passion

Comment

• Tomi, when we built our house, we went with 9 foot basement walls. The intent was to sink the basement 7 feet, with 2 foot of basement showing below the house. They hit the water table at 5 foot depth and had to stop digging. If we were smart we would have made our basement a walk-out, but instead, we had dumptruck after dumptruck load of dirt brought in by the county from an excavation job they did to build up the yard around the house to hide the basement walls. This was a TON of work b/c the soil they brought in was left over from digging out the ditches around some major roads, so the soil was very rocky. Had to rake the rocks out before we could seed the dirt and start our lawn. We ended up putting in farm tile around the base of the basement walls to channel the water, which dumps directly into our sump pit. Supposedly, the geologist that was consulted said over a period of years the water table will adjust and drop as a result of our constantly pumping it off and our sump pump will get a break... we've been here 5 years and our sump runs even in dry conditions. Last year we had a drought and that thing ran daily! We're on our 3rd sump pump if that tells you how often it runs. lol We got "mechanical failure" insurance on our appliances to cover any possible flood damage that occurs as a result of a failed sump pump, since two have failed and our basement has flooded as a result. Pumping that water into rain barrels will provide me with plenty of fresh, clean ground water for the garden.

I have successfully NOT used my scale since starting the Whole30 5 days ago. I got my starting weight and walked away. I haven't noticed any difference in how I feel yet - just feel less bloated.

I wish I was at home so I could be as productive as you!!

Comment

• I hope the sediment clear-up is a simple matter. Sounds like it would be much less hassle, just a bit of work to clear things out.

L-Glutamine is an amino acid that's good for muscle recovery (good for you while you're adding in these workouts!) and helps with sugar cravings. As a powder in water, it tastes kind of salty (a bit of lemon would probably make it taste better), but isn't terrible. You can also get it in capsules too, but I don't know how high the doses go. It's also good for gut health, though I've mostly just heard that around the "paleosphere", not seen any studies or anything like that. One teaspoon of the powder from Vitacost is 4,800 mg and I take two a day with apple cider vinegar. I know adding supplements can be a pain, but it's just something to consider if the sugar cravings get crazy.
                            Depression Lies

Comment

• Originally posted by tomi View Post

Whole30 is going well for me (besides the dairy goof up). My hardest time in the evenings while relaxing with hubby - I get the cravings for treats. We have ice cream in the freezer that hubby bought over a week ago and it still hasn't been opened. I call that a victory! I'm feeling a bit lighter - but then I'm never very accurate about that sort of thing. I will think I've lost weight - and then the scales tell me I've gained a couple pounds. So I'm not going to think too much about it. Just follow the whole30 plan and try to get in LOTS of movement!
                              You can also cure your craving for sweets with fruit. I take an apple, chop it into pieces add a bit of water and a ton of cinnamon. then I nuke it for 5 minutes. Very tasty and cures my cravings. I haven't had any cravings for sweets since Tuesday.

Comment

• This database error crap is starting to get really annoying...

I was trying to edit my post to say that last night I didn't have any desires for anything sweet, and I think it's b/c I'd had fruit earlier in the day.

Comment

Working...
                                X