No announcement yet.

Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slept pretty decent once I finally put my worry away and fell asleep. I can't do anything for my son except try to offer advice when he talks to me about whats happening. He'll figure it out. I warned him these things would happen, but he chose to ignore my advice about locking up his tools and getting background checks on who was moving into his home. He always has to do it his way. Whatever.............

I'm feeling thinner today. No bloat really and I think all the inflammation in my muscles has eased up. I feel smaller. I'm ditching all the tracking and charting of everything! It isn't helping me - and I think its really just adding stress cuz I have certain goals, and they are always lofty ones! If I don't meet those goals 100% I get down on myself. I'm going to eat as best as possible, I'm not going to weigh or measure anything. Protein portions should be about the size of the palm - that measure is enough. I'm not going to think about limiting carbs cuz that didn't seem to do my any good either. I'll eat healthy and listen to what my body needs. I will still eat primally. Thinking about trying to do a whole30 - but probably not. I don't know what I weigh, since the scale has no battery in it but I'm starting to get very curious. I did step on the scale at my moms house on Friday. fully clothed with shoes it said I weighed 186 - so I estimate maybe 183 nekid. I can't believe I haven't weighed myself for an entire week! That's impressive for me. The scale has always been an obsession for me. So, this is progress. Ditching the scale, ditching the tracking and focusing on just plain, clean, simple eating healthy. I hope this is my answer. We did have rum over the weekend - hard work always ends in rum - its very relaxing.

Barre3 is my go-to workout now. The walking was nice, but after a year and 300 miles I didn't see much in the way of tone or weight loss. Why spend 50 minutes a day doing something that isn't doing more than wearing out the soles of my shoes???

Hubby is working on getting the boat ready to put in the Lake. I'm looking forward to weekends on the lake. I'm hoping we will alternate going to the lake with staying home, cuz I also am looking forward to evenings by the firepit and having friends over for BBQ. The lake is supposed to open this weekend - but he says the boat won't be ready.

Better get some things done - I've been neglecting things all weekend and the house is looking a bit sad.
    Last edited by tomi; 04-29-2013, 10:13 AM.
    1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
    2. Eat to heal
    3. Move to live
    4. Embrace today
    5. Live with intention
    6. Respect my body
    7. Cultivate joy
    8. Find my passion
    9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• I'm noticing a few people are dropping off the grid. Haven't heard a peep from Judg since December - and Kymma has been silent for the past month as well.

What's the deal? I think sometimes about taking a break from it all but I think I would leave a note in my journal saying I'll be gone for a bit. I wonder how many people have come and gone over the years. Do they eventually delete the entire journal if it stays dormant for a certain time period?

My stomach is messed up this morning. I've spent enough time in the bathroom to know that there can't possibly be anything left in my intestines. I guess the Armour hasn't completely fixed my problems. There is a probiotic formula that I'm going to try - it will be coming in my first bunch of products from Melaleuca. The guy swears it will fix my "ibs" symptoms. We'll see...........

I got extremely curious about my weight and put the battery back in the scale. Lets just say I wasn't pleased with the number and leave it at that. And so the struggle continues. Stick with the plan - something has to work eventually.
      1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
      2. Eat to heal
      3. Move to live
      4. Embrace today
      5. Live with intention
      6. Respect my body
      7. Cultivate joy
      8. Find my passion

Comment

• I mad at myself for giving in to the curiosity - but at least I know where I'm at. Basically still holding on to the 5 pound gain from when I started Barre3. I really feel smaller though - so maybe its muscle gain and fat loss. Time will tell.

My gut is really messed up today. Why? Aside from the nibbling on cookie dough I ate really good all weekend. Today, pain, diarrhea, and now after eating bacon I'm feeling some nausea. Need to go to work now - great. 2 days left in this pay period - every hour counts.
        2. Eat to heal
        3. Move to live
        4. Embrace today
        5. Live with intention
        6. Respect my body
        7. Cultivate joy
        8. Find my passion

Comment

• Tomi, fully clothed with shoes you are looking a 5 to 7 pounds, depending on how heavy a shoe and pant you were wearing.
          Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• this morning I was wearing my under armor pants and light knit top. Maybe a pound or 1.5 pounds??? Sucks - but it is what it is. I know I'm gaining muscles and firmness so that counts for something. And my pants still fit the same so I know its not fat gain.
            2. Eat to heal
            3. Move to live
            4. Embrace today
            5. Live with intention
            6. Respect my body
            7. Cultivate joy
            8. Find my passion

Comment

• Hope you feel better soon.
              Primal since March 5, 2012
              SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• dang dang dang................. why do I have love cookie dough so much?
                2. Eat to heal
                3. Move to live
                4. Embrace today
                5. Live with intention
                6. Respect my body
                7. Cultivate joy
                8. Find my passion

Comment

• 5 pounds of fat is the size of three grapefruit. 5 pounds of muscle is the size of three tangerines.

All the more reason not to believe the scale. It lies.

Comment

• Good point! thanks for that reminder.

I'm needing to get refocused again. Funny how easily I stray off the path. Nothing blatant like eating a loaf of Wonder Bread filled with bologna and mayo - just little things like cookie dough and rum . Seems like I start the week all fierce and ready to take on anything - and by Friday I'm dragging my feet and wanting to just relax over the weekend. So - the weekend is my struggle. I will need to approach this coming weekend with that in mind. My tough resolve seems to have a lifespan of about 4 days - I usually do really good Monday - Thursday and by Friday I'm wanting a "treat". But that treating mentality lasts for the entire weekend. I end up with 4 good days - 3 bad days. Might it have something to do with relaxing with my husband?

Maybe I should attempt a whole30? Tomorrow is May 1st - what a better time to dig in my heels and say "I will conquer!!" I need to prove to myself that I can EAT CLEAN for an extended period of time. I have to give this some thought. I'm still not going to track or go crazy over anything. But I have to do something to get out of this pattern of relaxing on the weekends. I never eat bad meals - its just the treats - you know, the goodies and the rum. and the rum leads to more goodies. I'm hopeless.

On top of it all - I have had diarrhea for the past 2 days .............. you think it could have something to do with the sugar/oatmeal/rice flour/milk chocolate chips in the cookie dough? Duh.......... I need to find a go-to treat that is primal friendly that my hubby will enjoy too. He always wants cookies.

Well - I baked up the rest of the dough - and for some reason I am much less likely to eat a cookie than I am to eat raw cookie dough. I think its a mouth feel thing. Maybe I can find cookie that hubby likes, but I don't. Like those jelly filled things - yuck. I don't know - I hate cooking things for him that are bad too. GRRRRR............ now I'm mad again because he won't get on board and eat primally with me. I don't want to blame him for my bad choices........ but it would be so much easier to do this if I didn't have his influence pulling me. Maybe I should do the Whole30 just to get back on the right path. When I first started this WOE I was VERY strict. I can do it again. He can eat whatever he wants - doesn't mean I have to follow. And I don't have to bake cookies just cuz he wants them.

My gutt will appreciate it if I don't eat things that make it sick. I wonder if there is a Whole 30 thread for May started? I'll check. I think I have myself talked into this.
                    2. Eat to heal
                    3. Move to live
                    4. Embrace today
                    5. Live with intention
                    6. Respect my body
                    7. Cultivate joy
                    8. Find my passion

Comment

• Why don't you try for a Whole 7 and then keep adding weeks as you are successful?
                      Female 55
                      Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
                      Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• I've been in your shoes, Tomi... I've played the cycle of having a great week (rock star stellar) and letting all the rules go on the weekends - prior to Primal that's how I lived. I'd eat right on plan during the week and binge on the weekends. Primal is what broke that cycle for me. Hopefully the whole30 can break that cycle for you.
                        Primal since March 5, 2012
                        SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• workout - Barre3 Sculpted Legs. Holy cow! ouch................
                          2. Eat to heal
                          3. Move to live
                          4. Embrace today
                          5. Live with intention
                          6. Respect my body
                          7. Cultivate joy
                          8. Find my passion

Comment

• Thanks for the W30 suggestion. Right now, I am doing a "permissive eating " program which includes dairy and stevia. I think that I need to stick with that for a while. Not into thethe right mental state. I will be here cheering you on from the sidelines.
                            Primal since 9/24/2010
                            "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                            MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Tomi, you mentioned that walking did nothing for you. I disagree. It exercised your heart muscle, strengthened your bones, increased your lung capacity......don't give it up entirely.

Comment

• Ya - I didn't think about those things. I won't give it up completely - thanks for the reminder of the good that came from it. I'm so danged focused on losing weight that sometimes that's ALL I see!

Today - 5 slices of bacon, 1 egg, some tuna, pork rinds, a pork chop and roasted veggies. I think I might be a bit high on overall calories - but I'm not sweatin' that right now. I'm just focusing on not eating grains or sugar.

Exercise - Barre3 Scultped Legs. KILLER!!!
                                2. Eat to heal
                                3. Move to live
                                4. Embrace today
                                5. Live with intention
                                6. Respect my body
                                7. Cultivate joy
                                8. Find my passion

Comment

Working...
                                X