No announcement yet.

Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yesterday was less than stellar for food and drink choices. I didn't eat before I went to work so when I got home at 4 pm I was really hungry........... I ate cheesecake. A LOT of cheesecake. In fact, nothing but cheesecake. And then I had rum and diet coke. What's up with that? I just didn't want to think about eating right so I ate what sounded good instead. I could have warmed up left over carnitas or leftover hamburger patties............. but nope - I ate cheesecake. I think the Boston thing really messed with my emotions - and I needed comfort food. I'm a stress eater.

So - the scales are up 2 pounds today. Now, I know I didn't eat enough for a 2 pound gain. I mean, I still tracked my calories and my daily total calories were still only 2000. That's not enough to cause a 2 pound gain. So I know its water weight. Hopefully it will be gone tomorrow.

Anyway - the house is cheesecake and rum free again. that's a plus. Gotta jump back on the wagon on both accounts. I do really good for a bit - and then I blow it big time. Where is my self-discipline? Where is my drive and resolve to lose weight and get healthy? The doc says I need to lose weight and have a good clean diet to deal with the inflammation markers - the C-reactive protein thing that is slightly elevated. Cheesecake and rum are sending me in the wrong direction. I need to NOT have those in the house - they are triggers for disaster for me. On the positive side - even though I ate nothing but cheesecake yesterday my percentages weren't that bad. And my carbs were only 122 grams. So, I can't beat myself up too bad. I made bad food and drink choices - there probably isn't a lot of nutritional value in what I ate, but it could have been worse. I could have ate a batch of cookies or something instead. Not that I'm trying to justify what I did - but I'm just saying - for "junk food" cheesecake is probably closest to the best of the worst. Its mostly egg and cream cheese -- and the rest is sugar. So, I'm gonna file it under "bad day" and let it go.

Okay - how come MDA is now doing auto-correct and spell check - its never done that before. And its doing automatic hyperlink things to advertisements. That bugs me.
    1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
    2. Eat to heal
    3. Move to live
    4. Embrace today
    5. Live with intention
    6. Respect my body
    7. Cultivate joy
    8. Find my passion
    9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• That is something in your web browser, not the website. You likely installed a toolbar or something.
      Depression Lies

Comment

• I have no idea what you're talking about with these hyperlinks and spell check features. It might actually be some updates your browser has unveiled. I know Google Chrome does spell check (puts squiggly lines under misspelled words), but it does not hyperlink anything. Do you use Internet Explorer? I use IE9 at work and it doesn't do any of that stuff, but there again, we have firewalls on top of firewalls on top of firewalls, so that might make a difference in how IE works for me compared to you as well.

My guess is that it's a browser thing, not a virus or anything malicious. There's probably a setting to shut it off too.
        Primal since March 5, 2012
        SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• I think you're right. I did an update and virus check a couple days ago and that's when its all started. I don't mind the spell check but I don't like the hyperlinks. I'll have to find whats causing them and turn it off.
          1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
          2. Eat to heal
          3. Move to live
          4. Embrace today
          5. Live with intention
          6. Respect my body
          7. Cultivate joy
          8. Find my passion

Comment

• it's probably in Tools, Internet options. If you have the same version of IE as me, you'll need to hit the alt key to get the tools menu to appear. Nameless or Naiad can probably help you from there - they seem to be very tech saavy.

Comment

• If it started after the update and virus scan, it is probably from the updates or virus scan. Is there a new bar visible at the top of your browser window, below where you type in the address for a website? What is your virus scanning software?

My guess is it's either a Bing toolbar (released by Microsoft, included in a lot of updates if you have Vista, 7 or 8) or something from your anti-virus.
              Depression Lies

Comment

• I got it fixed. I think it all came with a flashplayer update. I went into programs and features and cleaned up a lot of stuff. I ran a defrag while I was at it. That was minor - only 3%. I have Malwarebytes and Spybot Search and Destroy. I ran both.

Here's a question - why does it tell me I'm not the administrator when I change things......... but I went into the system and I am clearly listed as administrator.
                2. Eat to heal
                3. Move to live
                4. Embrace today
                5. Live with intention
                6. Respect my body
                7. Cultivate joy
                8. Find my passion

Comment

• Malwarebytes and Spybot are great anti-malware programs, but they are not virus scanners. Something like AVG, McAfee, or Symantec (Norton) would be an anti-virus. AVG is free, but you have to watch out for the extra stuff it tries to get you to install.

It's good to have an anti-virus because they run regular scans on your system without you prompting.

As for the admin question, not sure without being able to see the messages exactly.
                  Depression Lies

Comment

• I'm trying to figure out what I need to do to jump start my weight loss again. I'm not doing well and I'm getting angry at myself! I just realized the boat is going in the water in a few weeks, and I'm pretty much the same size I was last fall. I wanted to be able to go the lake and feel more comfortable in swimwear and be able to get in the water without feeling like a whale. I'm VERY disappointed in myself. I've been bouncing around in the low 180's since October. I'm considering doing something drastic to take off some more weight. Maintaining I can do............ but losing is my struggle. Years ago lost about 35 pounds on a liquid diet called HealthOne. I'm thinking about doing that again, just to take off some weight. I need to do some research on it cuz I can't remember if its soy based. If it is, I won't do it. I just remember it tasted good, and it worked.

I saw an infomercial for an exercise thing called Fluidity. I about choked when I went online to see about ordering it and saw that it was ON SALE for nearly $500. UGH! I really wanted to try it. I was bummed.
                    2. Eat to heal
                    3. Move to live
                    4. Embrace today
                    5. Live with intention
                    6. Respect my body
                    7. Cultivate joy
                    8. Find my passion

Comment

• Ok - I can't buy the product alone - it comes as part of a program. I did that before - it was a waste of time.

I'm going to look into Marks MR.
                      2. Eat to heal
                      3. Move to live
                      4. Embrace today
                      5. Live with intention
                      6. Respect my body
                      7. Cultivate joy
                      8. Find my passion

Comment

• If you have insulin resistance, I wonder if your doctor would approve you for Metformin? There is another user here who is taking it. I don't remember if there's more to her username, but it at least has "Kymma" in it .
                        Depression Lies

Comment

• I wish you were interested in doing weights and stuff. I've seen people have a lot of success with P90x and Insanity.

Comment

• I've seen Kymma. I don't think I have insulin resistance - but have never been checked either. I have an interest in doing weights and stuff............. but I just don't do it. I have a dominant lazy gene!
                            2. Eat to heal
                            3. Move to live
                            4. Embrace today
                            5. Live with intention
                            6. Respect my body
                            7. Cultivate joy
                            8. Find my passion

Comment

• Okay ---- just found out my 35th class reunion is in the works and now the pressure is really on. Time to get serious.
                              2. Eat to heal
                              3. Move to live
                              4. Embrace today
                              5. Live with intention
                              6. Respect my body
                              7. Cultivate joy
                              8. Find my passion

Comment

• I read in numerous places that if you are overweight, you are more likely to be insulin resistant than not. I believe it was Robb Wolf that said that in his book The Paleo Solution. Diane Sanfillipo might have said something similar in Practical Paleo.

Comment

Working...
                                X