No announcement yet.

Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today is UD - but I'm not really trying to eat a certain amount of calories. I've eaten 4 thick sliced bacon strips - just starting to get a bit hungry again. I'm mixing up tuna with cream cheese (instead of mayo) may add in some sour cream and spices too.

Hubby is at the shop and I'm hoping he'll be home soon - I want to spend the day doing a whole lot of nothing with him!
    1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
    2. Eat to heal
    3. Move to live
    4. Embrace today
    5. Live with intention
    6. Respect my body
    7. Cultivate joy
    8. Find my passion
    9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• How was the tuna w/ cream cheese? Phigment and I went to Moe's for lunch and then the grocery store. (we are such party animals!). She said she would eat tuna mixed with avocados and I thought that would be a good DD food. Love cream cheese too. How exciting about your Drs visit! Isn't it great to have a primal friendly Dr.? When is your bday? Mine is the 28th which is why I am asking.
      You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
      height 5'3
      SW 215 lbs
      CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
      LW 172 lbs
      GW 125ish lbs

Comment

• My doctor is primal friendly too. I love it.

Glad your numbers came back so good. It's exciting to see that while in general the medical community frowns on our way of life (for fat content) it is actually healthy for us. I hope the C-reactive protein thing was just a fluke and that it's back in range soon. I don't know if I could go a year without testing it again, though.

Also interested in how the tuna and cream cheese turned out.
        Primal since March 5, 2012
        SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Originally posted by valmason01 View Post
          How was the tuna w/ cream cheese? Phigment and I went to Moe's for lunch and then the grocery store. (we are such party animals!). She said she would eat tuna mixed with avocados and I thought that would be a good DD food. Love cream cheese too. How exciting about your Drs visit! Isn't it great to have a primal friendly Dr.? When is your bday? Mine is the 28th which is why I am asking.
          The tuna w/cream cheese was a little boring. I used 2 pint jars of home canned tuna and one block of cream cheese, plus garlic powder and a garlic mix called California Seasoning (kroger). It was bland so I put in about 1/4 cup sour cream and 1/2 cup mayo. We snacked on it several times over the weekend. It turned out pretty good! Next time I think I will skip the mayo and add a little pickle water to give it a zing.

Yes, I do love my doctor! She's totally paleo and does Cross Fit too. I'm very pleased with my blood work results and am looking forward to seeing more improvement when I go back next year.

My birthday is July 25th! I was born in 1960 - how 'bout you?
          1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
          2. Eat to heal
          3. Move to live
          4. Embrace today
          5. Live with intention
          6. Respect my body
          7. Cultivate joy
          8. Find my passion

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
            My doctor is primal friendly too. I love it.

Glad your numbers came back so good. It's exciting to see that while in general the medical community frowns on our way of life (for fat content) it is actually healthy for us. I hope the C-reactive protein thing was just a fluke and that it's back in range soon. I don't know if I could go a year without testing it again, though.

Also interested in how the tuna and cream cheese turned out.
            OOOPS didn't mean to ignore you in my response - I just always forget that I can "reply with multiple quotes"

the C-reactive protein doesn't have me too concerned. She said it can be effected by many things. I will add the baby aspirin, Curcumin (or cook with more cumin), the liquid fish oil and continue to eat a non-inflamatory diet. With any luck all my numbers will be in a better place next year.
            2. Eat to heal
            3. Move to live
            4. Embrace today
            5. Live with intention
            6. Respect my body
            7. Cultivate joy
            8. Find my passion

Comment

• Today is down day --- and I'm going to do the induction phase now that I've gotten used to the UD/DD routine. So - 500 calories is my limit. A week of Alternate Day Diet and I'm down 3 pounds. But looking back over my logs I really didn't do a very good job of staying on the UD/DD protocol. It was more Normal Day alternating with Reduced Calorie Day. So, this week I will be more diligent about the numbers. Monday - Wednesday - Friday 500 calories. Tuesday - Thursday and weekends will be 1500 calories. I'm also still focusing on LCHF. But I'm starting to think VLC is not the best for me and might change things up a bit.

I'm terribly stiff and achy today. I ate trail mix over the weekend.......... probably about a cup total. It was primarily peanuts - and I'm guessing that is what is causing the discomfort. That is the only thing I ate that could be questionable. I stayed very primal otherwise. I'm going to take a nice hot bath with epsom salts to see if it helps.

Yesterday was my son's birthday. We went to his place to help him fix some dry wall that the plumber cut holes into to fix some leaky pipes. Then we took him to dinner at Out Back. I had a 4 oz Fillet Mignon with 4 little shrimp, steamed brocolli and sweet potato fries. I was tempted to order cheesecake, but I listened to my tummy and it was saying "no thanks, I'm quite comfortable" I was happy with my restraint!

Since its down day I'm thinking about making a big salad for dinner. I'm wondering about trying to make a "ranch" dressing using sour cream as the base - I'll see if I can find a recipe.

Gonna go take that bath now..........
              2. Eat to heal
              3. Move to live
              4. Embrace today
              5. Live with intention
              6. Respect my body
              7. Cultivate joy
              8. Find my passion

Comment

• Originally posted by tomi View Post
                OOOPS didn't mean to ignore you in my response - I just always forget that I can "reply with multiple quotes"

the C-reactive protein doesn't have me too concerned. She said it can be effected by many things. I will add the baby aspirin, Curcumin (or cook with more cumin), the liquid fish oil and continue to eat a non-inflamatory diet. With any luck all my numbers will be in a better place next year.
                Might want to actually look at adding tumeric. Tumeric is curcumin. Curcumin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                Primal since March 5, 2012
                SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
                  Might want to actually look at adding tumeric. Tumeric is curcumin. Curcumin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                  thats interesting - I have that in our spice rack - but rarely use it.
                  2. Eat to heal
                  3. Move to live
                  4. Embrace today
                  5. Live with intention
                  6. Respect my body
                  7. Cultivate joy
                  8. Find my passion

Comment

• I waved at you both Saturday on the way down and Monday on the way back!!
                    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Originally posted by honeybuns View Post
                      I waved at you both Saturday on the way down and Monday on the way back!!
                      Awesome
                      2. Eat to heal
                      3. Move to live
                      4. Embrace today
                      5. Live with intention
                      6. Respect my body
                      7. Cultivate joy
                      8. Find my passion

Comment

• well - dd wasn't as successful as I would have liked it to be. I'm wondering if a full on fast would be a good idea too (as Sabine says). Maybe I'll give it a try tomorrow. I'm just glad today is up day cuz I don't like having my tummy growling all day!

I'm thinking I might need to quit eating eggs. I've noticed that nearly everytime I eat eggs I gets a belly ache. Maybe getting chickens isn't a good idea after all. I should do a n=1 experiment on eggs. If I don't eat them at all for a week, and then eat them - I can see if the belly ache is due to the eggs or just a stupid belly!

Work was stressful yesterday. Why that building is always filled with stress I will never know. Doesn't seem to matter who comes or goes - the stress level is always the same - and people hate working there. I try to stay out of it all, but one person always feels the need to draw me in and tell me all the details of what is happening. I'm there 15 -20 hours a week, I stay to myself and do my job - I don't want to hear about the office drama! I don't make "friends" with my co-workers so I don't get put in a position to pick sides. The boss is like a brother to me - his sister is my best friend - so I'm biased anyway. I just wish people would not get their noses all bent out of shape all the time. Every office has issues - just chill out!!!!

Rant over..............

I can wear my wedding ring again But by the end of the day yesterday my hands had swollen a bit and I had to use soap to remove it. But still - I loved seeing it on my finger again. I've been wearing my 5 year anniversary ring for about 6 years now cuz my finger got too fat for the wedding ring. I'm looking forward to being able to wear it all the time again.

Had someone look at the 5th wheel this morning. Weird people. The lady knows we're asking $14,995 - she asked what our bottom dollar would be. I said we'd go down to $14,500. She then proceeded to tell me that her daughter just bought one exactly like ours for a little over $12,000. Well - good for your daughter. Why would you bother to go look if you think its over priced? I agree it is priced high - but its in exceptionally good condition and has extra's that most others don't. They were going to look at one that our good friend has on his lot - I hope they buy his cuz he needs the business.

Weight is unchanged. Frustrating.
                        2. Eat to heal
                        3. Move to live
                        4. Embrace today
                        5. Live with intention
                        6. Respect my body
                        7. Cultivate joy
                        8. Find my passion

Comment

• So - I just ate a Cadbury Cream Egg ..................... it really didn't taste that good - but it was fun to eat candy for a change! I feel like such a naughty girl! the closest I've been to a candy bar in the past 17 months is 72% dark chocolate. And I don't have that very often anymore. I really have cleaned up my diet - I'd say I'm probably 95% primal. Less than once a week I will have any kind of dessert (ice cream or cheesecake). That means 99% of the 5% is rum and diet coke.

I came home from work early. Feeling a little flu-ish. Head-achy, fuzzy brained, really tired.

I ate a sweet potato with kerry gold when I got home. I like it better than regular butter - but not enough better to spend the $ for it. I've been using it very sparingly - I think I've used maybe 1/3 of the block. I like to take a tiny nibble now and then Tastes like old fashioned butter from when I was a kid.

Trying to decide how to handle down day tomorrow. Eat or fast? Might depend on my hunger level.
                          2. Eat to heal
                          3. Move to live
                          4. Embrace today
                          5. Live with intention
                          6. Respect my body
                          7. Cultivate joy
                          8. Find my passion

Comment

• still feeling sick-ish. Not sick, but not up to par either. Trying to decide if I'm going to go to work or not. I think I will, but will only do the mail/deposit and make sure the patient charts are ready for the docs. ** well, the office just called and told me not to come in today cuz a back up battery for the computers over heated and the building smells like rotten eggs from the sulphuric acid. Yeah - no work for me today!

Today is dd and I'm not liking it. But will stick with it. I think I'll do a full fast today. Tea with stevia, lots of water.

Weight - slightly up after UD. just slightly. Still stuck in the low 180's - I bounce between 180-183. Right now I'm at the high end. If I could have a solid week of eating right and not having rum I could break out of the 180's for sure.

I saw a quote on FB ................. Don't give up what you want MOST, for what you want NOW. I need to remember that.
                            2. Eat to heal
                            3. Move to live
                            4. Embrace today
                            5. Live with intention
                            6. Respect my body
                            7. Cultivate joy
                            8. Find my passion

Comment

• So - its 12:25 and I haven't eaten anything yet. Dinner is going to be steak, as we have 2 fillet mignon that need to be cooked. Hubby does an excellent job of cooking them to perfection! Steamed or roasted veggies will go perfectly with the steak.

I've had a mug of herbal tea with stevia. That calmed the hunger signals.

So, I'm having these odd stabby pains in my upper left chest area. Not sure if I should do anything about it. It doesn't really hurt - just feels odd. If it continues I'll call my doctor. They will probably tell me to go to the ER. It just started about an hour ago.

When is Chest Pain NOT a Heart Attack?

There are some symptoms that reassure me the chest pain isn’t related to the heart:

Pain that is sharp and brief – stabbing pain that lasts a few seconds is not from the heart.

Pain that persists for hours – heart chest pain will either go away after 20-30 minutes, or will end up in a heart attack.

Pain that gets worse with movement – or pain that gets worse when you press on that area of the chest is probably from the muscles or the bones in the chest, not the heart.

Pain that you can point to with a single finger – heart pain tends to be hard to pinpoint.

Probably not a heart attack
                              Last edited by tomi; 04-10-2013, 12:44 PM.
                              2. Eat to heal
                              3. Move to live
                              4. Embrace today
                              5. Live with intention
                              6. Respect my body
                              7. Cultivate joy
                              8. Find my passion

Comment

• That is often where I feel digestive upset. Sometimes it is coupled with heartburn. Can happen within 48 hrs of eating something bad, for me.

Maybe relying on stevia that much is not a good idea? Or your body is not happy with not being fed =\
                                Depression Lies

Comment

Working...
                                X