Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thanks, Jenn! I need a cheerleader!

I just got back from a 2.2 mile walk. YEAH ME!!!

Now - to tackle the paperwork and take it the tax preparer. UGH - I hate tax time.

breakfast/lunch = 1 whole eggs + 2 egg yolks - cooked all crispy in lots of butter! with a dash of garam masala and cayenne!

Question - I'm thinking about how to make chicken enchilada's without the flour tortilla.............. you think I could do it with lots of egg and maybe some almond flour? I'm gonna try this weekend........
    1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
    2. Eat to heal
    3. Move to live
    4. Embrace today
    5. Live with intention
    6. Respect my body
    7. Cultivate joy
    8. Find my passion
    9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Originally posted by tomi View Post
      thanks, Jenn! I need a cheerleader!

I just got back from a 2.2 mile walk. YEAH ME!!!

Now - to tackle the paperwork and take it the tax preparer. UGH - I hate tax time.

breakfast/lunch = 1 whole eggs + 2 egg yolks - cooked all crispy in lots of butter! with a dash of garam masala and cayenne!

Question - I'm thinking about how to make chicken enchilada's without the flour tortilla.............. you think I could do it with lots of egg and maybe some almond flour? I'm gonna try this weekend........
      You can google paleo/primal tortillas. Mark has a recipe.
      Primal since March 5, 2012
      SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Tomi, one thing that works for me is planning "a treat". I also like to tie it to meeting a preset goal. As an example--my goal this month(Feb) was to put the equivalent of 5 miles each day on the treadmill. That meant 140 miles. If I met that goal I told myself I was getting a Padington's lunch sized pizza.

This "game" I play helps keep me honest, on plan, focused and not feeling deprived.

Comment

• Marcadav!! Nice to hear from you!

Thats a good suggestion - I may give it a try.
          1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
          2. Eat to heal
          3. Move to live
          4. Embrace today
          5. Live with intention
          6. Respect my body
          7. Cultivate joy
          8. Find my passion

Comment

• Hubby and I talked and decided to sell the 5th wheel and put the money on the mortgage. I also used a mortgage amortization calculator and if we can put ALL of our extra money on the mortgage (meaning my entire paycheck) we can pay off the mortgage by 2020. Thats 8 years early! We'll be 60 years old and mortgage free! So.......... I'm on a mission to make that happen.

Yesterday was a great food day! Numbers were perfect! And I was down a pound this morning. I walked 2.2 miles yesterday, and 3.2 miles today. That included mowing the grass - which combines lots of movement and lifting (empying the bag) I'm back in the game! YEAH! I hate being off plan. and I hate taking too many days off of my walking - I hate taking ANY days off of my walking.

My spring goal is clean the shop that I used to make garden art in. Thanks economy for killing that venture! Its filled with all kinds of stuff that I used in the making of the garden art. I need to clean it up and try to sell the peices and parts. Maybe I'll try to do it again someday.
            2. Eat to heal
            3. Move to live
            4. Embrace today
            5. Live with intention
            6. Respect my body
            7. Cultivate joy
            8. Find my passion

Comment

• What a great weekend! fun stuff, relaxing stuff, productive stuff!

I walked 1.7 miles yesterday. Not my best - but it was something.

We forgot to fill the hopper on the pellet stove last night and go up to a 56 degree house! Burr! I caved and turned on the furnace to warm things a bit faster.

I ate almost 100% primal over the weekend........ last night I had a small amount of rice, and 4 oreos. And then promptly had a fibro flare that had me curled into a ball and crying for about 30 minutes. So........ again I need to remind myself that sugar will make me feel like I want to die.
              2. Eat to heal
              3. Move to live
              4. Embrace today
              5. Live with intention
              6. Respect my body
              7. Cultivate joy
              8. Find my passion

Comment

• Sorry about the fibro flare. I can only imagine how miserable that must be. Sugar makes me want to die in a different way (depression!).

That's exciting about the mortgage & 5th wheel. Wish I had things to sell, but I'll just have to keep picking away at my loans. 7 more years if I don't ever earn less or accrue any other crazy debt! And I should have some EE bonds that mature around that time, too .
                Depression Lies

Comment

• You are doing so great! You have been busy. I know about those damn fibro flares. Mine always take days to go away. Just tell yourself over and over sugar=pain. Keep on rockin'! You are really beating this stuff!
                  You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
                  height 5'3
                  SW 215 lbs
                  CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
                  LW 172 lbs
                  GW 125ish lbs

Comment

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                    Sorry about the fibro flare. I can only imagine how miserable that must be. Sugar makes me want to die in a different way (depression!).

That's exciting about the mortgage & 5th wheel. Wish I had things to sell, but I'll just have to keep picking away at my loans. 7 more years if I don't ever earn less or accrue any other crazy debt! And I should have some EE bonds that mature around that time, too .
                    I've never thought about sugar effecting mood that way, but then it makes total sense when I think about it. At least you've figured it out early in life and can deal with it from now forward! Thats a big plus! As for the loans - they will ease up in time. Pay extra when you can - put the tax refunds and stuff on them - it really makes a big difference in the final pay-off if you can add a little bit here and there.

Originally posted by valmason01 View Post
                    You are doing so great! You have been busy. I know about those damn fibro flares. Mine always take days to go away. Just tell yourself over and over sugar=pain. Keep on rockin'! You are really beating this stuff!
                    I need to have it tattoed onto the back of my hand I think! That way everytime I reach from something sugary I'll see it! Thanks for the encouragement - I need it right now. I'm 12 pounds over what I was hoping to be by this time. I need to kick it in gear and start seeing some weight loss!!!
                    2. Eat to heal
                    3. Move to live
                    4. Embrace today
                    5. Live with intention
                    6. Respect my body
                    7. Cultivate joy
                    8. Find my passion

Comment

• I just did my first multi-quote thingy!

Today was a good day. I got up early, but didn't finish the task I got up early to do. I will finish it this evening - I'm home alone cuz hubby is at his men's bible study. So, I have the next 2 1/2 hours alone.

I ate eggs for breakfast, had a small snack of cream cheese clouds after work, and am now eating 2 cans of Progresso Light Beef Pot Roast soup - not primal - but only slightly. It is processed but the list of ingredients isn't really all that aweful. It has NO MSG - but it has yeast extract and hydrolyzed vegetable protein (whatever that is) - but it says it contains less than 2% of it. I just didn't have the energy to make dinner tonight. There is enough left over meatloaf and rice for hubby. I'm gonna need more calories so I will have some pork rinds and sour cream later. I need to take something out for dinner tomorrow.

I'm tired. I'm going to finish up this task and then turn on the TV and do nothing for the rest of the night.
                      2. Eat to heal
                      3. Move to live
                      4. Embrace today
                      5. Live with intention
                      6. Respect my body
                      7. Cultivate joy
                      8. Find my passion

Comment

• Originally posted by tomi View Post
                        hydrolyzed vegetable protein (whatever that is)
                        I believe that's code for gluten. Nora Degaudas talked about 'code words' for gluten in Primal Body Primal Mind and this one is ringing a bell for me. I found it weird that "vegetable protein" would be gluten when wheat isn't a vegetable...

Sorry for the fibro flare. I hope the pain is gone by now.

I'm also up a few pounds from where I want to be. 10 to be exact. I really want to hit my LPW so I can get the ball moving again and get back to losing weight.

I'm thoroughly jealous that you're mowing the lawn in Oregon already... we're enduring heavy snowfall right now. And that's BS... that danged groundhog said we were done with winter! Here it is 4 weeks later and it's snowing more now than it did all winter!! I'm so so so ready for spring! Gardens and sunshine and walks and flowers... pretty please!!

Comment

• I don't covet your weather! Its pretty mild in this part of Oregon. We haven't seen a single snow flake this winter - at least not where I live. Other parts of town, in the higher elevations got a bit in Feb. I think we are at about 300 feet above sea level at my house. The mountains are getting it pretty good though. I heard Mt. Hood has over a hundred inches at the base. Thats good - cuz it will keep the rivers full all summer. But it does get cold - and biting wet cold, that chills to the bone!

I'm thinking of taking a new direction with my weight loss efforts. I've been so focused on food and making sure my numbers are all hitting the mark - even though I'm not hitting the mark due to things like apple pie, and oreos!!! I think I'm going to stop and focus instead on just eating when my body says it needs food. And eating healthy food. Meat and veggies and fat. I've reached the place where my brain is telling me when I've had enough - so I don't think I will have any trouble with over eating anymore - you know, eating until I'm over full and uncomfortable. I can't even remember the last time I did that. When I'm full the food doesn't even taste good anymore so I just stop eating. And I can easily put smaller portions on my plate now. I know what I need to be eating for health and wellness - and I know what I need to stay away from. So, I want to just stop all the tracking and planning and just relax about it all for a while. I really think I'm at a place where food no longer has power over me. I've broke some bad addictions - peanut butter, or almond butter binges don't happen anymore. In fact, I've had a jar of almond butter in the fridge for months and haven't touched it! I don't even buy those dark chocolate bars anymore. Ice cream doesn't scream to me from the fridge since I stopped buying lactaid pills. And since the last 2 fibro flares I think sugar is going to never touch my lips again! But, in all honesty - I still haven't kicked the love of rum and diet coke on the weekends. (hence the missing resolution in my sig) If I stop the rum I think I'm home free and the weight will take care of itself. I basically eat twice a day now. A late breakfast before I go to work, and dinner. Usually I will have a small snack of pork rinds or cream cheese clouds while I'm making dinner.

So - thats what I'm going to do. I've made up my mind. Stop all the insane tracking and calculating and just relax. I'll still watch the scales, but I don't even do that every day anymore - maybe every 3 days, and most always on friday. And I'll keep walking and tracking my miles. I like to see how far I've gone each week, and I have a goal for the year that I'd like to meet. My focus will be on eating healthy and in moderation, and staying active with walking, hiking, biking - and I am going to start using the bowflex again.

I will probably keep my journal going - but I'm exiting out of the eat more fat thread. This feels good - it feels like what I need to do right now.
                          2. Eat to heal
                          3. Move to live
                          4. Embrace today
                          5. Live with intention
                          6. Respect my body
                          7. Cultivate joy
                          8. Find my passion

Comment

• I'm sorry to see you leave the EMF thread, but I understand your need for simplification. I often feel the need as well. Glad you'll be keeping up with your journal though. I'd be sad to see you leave completely!

Comment

• Nope not leaving completely - just pulling back a bit. I'm still staying primal - and still doing the eat more fat thing - I'm just not going to get all crazy about it. I've been tracking everything since I started on this journey in Nov. 2011. I've taken small sobaticles, for vacations and stuff - but I'm really feeling the need to just listen to what my body is telling me. I'm also wanting to let my body get really hungry before I feed it. Like right now - I haven't eaten for 6 hours, and I'm just now feeling some hunger pangs. I won't be eating for about 2 hours cuz I need to walk and then I need to cook. I should be good and hungry by then.

So - I'm off to walk in the cold and rain!
                              2. Eat to heal
                              3. Move to live
                              4. Embrace today
                              5. Live with intention
                              6. Respect my body
                              7. Cultivate joy
                              8. Find my passion

Comment

• Yesterday was a good day.

Movement: I walked a little over a mile. My energy level is sorta dragging lately. Not sure why. Could be the winter blahs! I need some sun. Taking 8000 units of Vit. D daily. Its gray and depressing outside, so must be that. I was feeling good and had lots of energy on Saturday when the sun was out and it was a nice 60 degrees F.

Food: my normal egg breakfast. Then nothing until dinner. Chicken fried up with bacon and peppers and roasted veggies. No snacking, 'cept for one bite of pork rind dipped in uncle dans.

Scale: 185 - a bit of alcoholic bloat from weekend drinking. Working on changing my mindset regarding alcohol. So far I've been focusing on "not drinking until I'm at my goal weight" ............... but I think, and I've visited this thought process before, that I should be focusing more on the "I don't drink" mindset. As I've said, I don't need it, its more recreation - and I dare say its also sorta weekend habit. I need to break the habit. I want to break the habit.

Sleep: not so great last night. Night sweats are still plagueing me. Honestly the only time I sleep through the night is after a few drinks - but then, I don't wake up feeling refreshed, I wake up feeling drug out! Don't like that feeling. So, whats the answer? I can't seem to find anything to try to ward off those damn night sweats. Even doc has nothing to offer. Bio-identical hormones are about the only option and I really don't want to go there. I want to let my body do what its designed to do without interfering. But it sure can make life uncomfortable at times. I hear the hot flashes and night sweats eventually go away - but how long do I have to deal with this?

Play: none.

Sex: none. I feel bad for my husband - his libido is still running at full-tilt. Mine is totally gone. I tried reading the sexy books - they just made me laugh! Seriously - I can't get into that at all. I hate this part of menopause. Actually the only good part is not having to deal with those damn periods every month. And, my skin is really nice! I don't remember the last pimple I had - and eating more fat has sure made the rest of my body soft and silky.

Today's plan: walk 2 miles. Eat healthy. No rum.
                                2. Eat to heal
                                3. Move to live
                                4. Embrace today
                                5. Live with intention
                                6. Respect my body
                                7. Cultivate joy
                                8. Find my passion

Comment

Working...
                                X