Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Waking From My Carb Coma~~My Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    I found the tea and i love it. I will go look on their site to see what other yummy flavors they have..thanks so much
    To Err Is Human
    To Forgive Is Canine

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    My Journal
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread94923.html

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    SW~220
    CW~136
    GW-125

    Comment


    • #17
      Ok i am in love. I saw about four or five different teas i will have to try and i love all the kettles and mugs

      Today i changed up my workout and did a treadmill/bike combo
      I walk/ran for 20 min and biked for 20 mins.
      It felt great doing something different and fun. I always run outside but while i was biking i had my ipad out and watched part of a show on Netflix
      To Err Is Human
      To Forgive Is Canine

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      My Journal
      http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread94923.html

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      SW~220
      CW~136
      GW-125

      Comment


      • #18
        stationary bike right?
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

        My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

        My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by demuralist View Post
          stationary bike right?
          LOL
          That made me laugh..yes
          To Err Is Human
          To Forgive Is Canine

          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          My Journal
          http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread94923.html

          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          SW~220
          CW~136
          GW-125

          Comment


          • #20
            Hey! You're working hard! I just wanted to drop in and say "hello" because I'm quite the same as you. I'm 5'1'', I once weighed 215+, weighed 98lbs a year and half later, gained to 140, and it's been a STRUGGLE to get my weight down again. I'm also a Lifetime member at WW, but didn't maintain that weight either. I have ran three half-marathons and 5-Ks in high school. I'm here to kick my oats and stop eating so much chocolate (never going to rid it completely... no way).

            I'm currently at a point where I'm not running because I think it was too stressful for my body. I haven't really decided what I'm doing instead-maybe hiking, maybe walking, maybe road bike. I hope you figure out what's best for you! It could be to continue running

            Good luck on your journey!
            Began Primal 3/26/12

            Height: 5'1'', HW: 215, LW: 98, SW: 137, GW: 110

            CW: 128

            Follow me! http://humblehappyhealthy.wordpress.com/

            Comment


            • #21
              Hi.. Thanks for stopping by. I just took a look at your blog. I started following it by email. Your lunch looked yummy.
              I had a hard time staying with WW because of the whole free food thing. When they said you could eat all the bananas you wanted i knew that was trouble. I am a binge eater so you never tell me i can eat all of something...lol
              I did love my oats but i feel so much better now that i am not eating that..they were good

              Funny you should bring up about the stress to your body from running. I have had problems off and on from my past long runs. My big toe on my right foot i thing has a bunion and i have to watch from day to day to see if i can run or not. Other issues are hamstrings and my right knee. It is not an everyday day thing if i keep my mileage under 20 a week but yesterday after just walk/running on the treadmill i was just walking outside barefoot and stepped on my left foot a weird way i guess bacause now it hurts..I am rethinking running at all now and may just walk and bike. My poor body can't take much more.
              To Err Is Human
              To Forgive Is Canine

              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              My Journal
              http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread94923.html

              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              SW~220
              CW~136
              GW-125

              Comment


              • #22
                Well today is going to a long one. We are taking my daughter to register at Guilford College today. It is in Greensboro,NC. That is about two hours from my house. I am not a very good car rider. I have my snacks and water so i hope not to get ill. I need to get to my workout as i will have no time later in the day. She is so excited. I am too..I just don't deal with change easy but i keep it to myself. I don't want to worry her.

                So i will do my lifting and then bike for about 30 mins. Pray for me ....
                To Err Is Human
                To Forgive Is Canine

                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                My Journal
                http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread94923.html

                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                SW~220
                CW~136
                GW-125

                Comment


                • #23
                  very emotional time, all I can say is to be as honest with her as you can, because while she is excited, there is a part of her that is scared and that wants you to not want her to go.

                  p.s. I got myself a wrist band that sends electrical pulses to stop motion sickness, works really well. It is much better than the pressure point ones because if it is in the wrong spot you can't feel it. It also works instantly, so if you are starting to feel queezy (sp?) for any reason it stops when you put it on. NASA uses them. I got it online a few years back for about $100 worth every penny!
                  Chris
                  "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                  Unknown

                  My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

                  My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Love your avatar. Wish it were bigger.

                    My oldest granddaughter starts college on Monday. Luckily, she's only 15 minutes from her house, but she's thinking about moving out, so her mom (my oldest daughter) is "thinking" about going through withdrawal:-)

                    I always think it would be fun to go back to school and get a degree in something off the wall and fun.

                    Oops! If you don't like change, that might not be so exciting for you, so I will definitely pray for you. Hope she got the classes she wanted.

                    Originally posted by vanessa40 View Post
                    Well today is going to a long one. We are taking my daughter to register at Guilford College today. It is in Greensboro,NC. That is about two hours from my house. I am not a very good car rider. I have my snacks and water so i hope not to get ill. I need to get to my workout as i will have no time later in the day. She is so excited. I am too..I just don't deal with change easy but i keep it to myself. I don't want to worry her.

                    So i will do my lifting and then bike for about 30 mins. Pray for me ....
                    Last edited by lopisheep; 03-30-2012, 10:06 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Good Morning Ladies,
                      We had a nice time yesterday. The campus is lovely. She got all the classes she wanted. She is an English/German language major with a minor in Women Studies. She is very good in languages. Math is a different story...lol

                      This morning i am still a bit tired after all the riding yesterday. I got u[ about 5am and did 30 minutes on the exercise bike. That came out to 7 miles. I plan on just relaxing the rest of the day..

                      lopisheep- I have often thought about going back to school and taking a few classes. I just might do that now that i will have all this extra time ..
                      To Err Is Human
                      To Forgive Is Canine

                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                      My Journal
                      http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread94923.html

                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                      SW~220
                      CW~136
                      GW-125

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        It will be fun following your journal.

                        Someone said something that has stuck in my brain. "Hunger is not an emergency." I used to pack snacks for a twenty mile drive pre-primal. Eating protein has made a difference but now when I get feelings of hunger I first ask myself if I am truly hungry or just need water. Secondly I ask myself if I can wait to eat. Usually I'll get busy with something and forget all about 'needing' to eat.
                        Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Wow! My major was German Literature with an English Literature minor. Until I transfered to NYU, my minor was African and Latin American Women's Studies! It's a small world, after all. (OK, Candy in Wonderland went to Disneyworld Paris. Must have triggered that song!) Your daughter will have a great time.

                          If you could study anything you wanted to, what would you study?

                          Originally posted by vanessa40 View Post
                          Good Morning Ladies,
                          We had a nice time yesterday. The campus is lovely. She got all the classes she wanted. She is an English/German language major with a minor in Women Studies. She is very good in languages. Math is a different story...lol

                          This morning i am still a bit tired after all the riding yesterday. I got u[ about 5am and did 30 minutes on the exercise bike. That came out to 7 miles. I plan on just relaxing the rest of the day..

                          lopisheep- I have often thought about going back to school and taking a few classes. I just might do that now that i will have all this extra time ..
                          Last edited by lopisheep; 03-31-2012, 09:20 AM.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by honeybuns View Post
                            It will be fun following your journal.

                            Someone said something that has stuck in my brain. "Hunger is not an emergency." I used to pack snacks for a twenty mile drive pre-primal. Eating protein has made a difference but now when I get feelings of hunger I first ask myself if I am truly hungry or just need water. Secondly I ask myself if I can wait to eat. Usually I'll get busy with something and forget all about 'needing' to eat.

                            It's funny because i packed all these snacks becausewhen i get hungry i get mean...lol
                            I didn't get hungry this time.I think it is because i ate protein and fat for breakfast and that filled me up more than the usual carbs i would have had....
                            To Err Is Human
                            To Forgive Is Canine

                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                            My Journal
                            http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread94923.html

                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                            SW~220
                            CW~136
                            GW-125

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by lopisheep View Post
                              Wow! My major was German Literature with an English Literature minor. Until I transfered to NYU, my minor was African and Latin American Women's Studies! It's a small world, after all. (OK, Candy in Wonderland went to Disneyworld Paris. Must have triggered that song!) Your daughter will have a great time.

                              If you could study anything you wanted to, what would you study?
                              Wow..you and my daughter could talk all day. It amazes me how fast she can learn a language. My husband works for a Japanese based company so she was thinking of taking that up next in case she ever needed a job to fall back on.

                              You know i really don't know what i would take. As bad as this sounds i have spent most of my life taking care of other people so i have not given much thought to me and what i want to do..I have a passion for helping animals in need..maybe something with that..
                              To Err Is Human
                              To Forgive Is Canine

                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                              My Journal
                              http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread94923.html

                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                              SW~220
                              CW~136
                              GW-125

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Hope you have a chance to check out the April Destress group. Love to see you there. It should be a positive thing.

                                Yes. That is what I did on my goat farm. I took in Cashmere goats who were ill from bigger farms who didn't have the time to care for them.

                                My youngest son's best friend might be moving in with us this summer with her cat. Little worried about the cat. We're in town now with three cats and a ferret. They are all indoor. Another cat? We'll see. The friend is absolutely delightful, calm, and fun. She's had one of the worst family situations I've ever know of, so it would be great if she could stay with us when she turns 18 in June.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X