No announcement yet.

Monday Is The Day!/ NoSaladWithoutMeat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haha, petrified meat is a point of freezing from which you cannot return!

Yeah, you have something there. The easiest, most torture free, time I had in losing weight was when a friend was in town and we'd explore all the food Montreal had to offer. Yeah we tried to eat Primal but we often failed miserably. I expected to gain weight but I lost 15lbs.

Maybe stress and general feeling of happiness has something to do with it? But I can't replicate it genuinely. I'm just not happy right now... I have brief feelings of enjoyment but not like a calm, and constant contentment.

I don't think many people can achieve that while living with their parents though ;o
    "The penis is the male animal-flower, a soft-firm dildo, a warm dream."
    -Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

• Originally posted by NoSaladWithoutMeat View Post
      I don't think many people can achieve that while living with their parents though ;o
      Yeah, probably true. I'm looking at possibly moving into my parents' attic for a couple of months this fall. It would be to save money and also maybe to afford living if Hulky doesn't find a job. It is the absolute last resort .
      Depression Lies

Comment

• Hopefully your folks aren't as bad as mine... Don't wish that on my interpals ;p

But hey, if Hulky's coming... Strength in numbers!
        -Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

• I don't think my parents as bad as yours in some ways from what you've described, but it would still be a pretty awkward living situation. Being in the attic, we'd be pretty separated which is nice for privacy, but we'd need to ask for a shelf on the fridge and work out a dinner schedule since my dietary limitations are complicated and ever changing. My mom is pretty good about that stuff though, since my sister was vegan for ~5 years. TBH, the thing I worry about the most is our cats! Fae is fat and old, would probably be fine staying up in the attic 24/7. She doesn't like other cats much now (used to love them) and my parents' have a cat. Pumpkin is young and lithe and I don't think we could keep her restricted to the attic. I'm afraid she'd get outside (my parents let their cat out) and it has taken so much work to get her to moderately trust us, I'm afraid it would all be undone. She used to be feral. I also don't think my parents' cat likes other cats =\. I feel like Hulky thinks I'm making excuses, but I legitimately do not want to put our kitties in this situation.
          Depression Lies

Comment

Tell me about that! My mom is a great foodie and tends toward health as well (quality steaks with plenty of veg, sensible portions of spaghetti and homemade meat sauce, no soda, occasional though small indulgences, and copious amounts of red wine. Now you see where I get it.). No wonder she's slender! Honestly a lot of my food inspiration over the passed year has come in some way from my mom. The men are a little more into Five Guys and breaded things though.

Kitties are kids too! I can imagine no good parent would like moving somewhere that would put their children in a bad or awkward situation. :/

I'm moving soon myself, and I'm both excited and terrified.

Comment

• Such crappy food lately.
              -Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

• Oops wrote a whole post on my phone and it got deleted! Dang it!
                -Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

Oops wrote a whole post on my phone and it got deleted! Dang it!
                  Noooooo!

I hate that.

Did you pick up nothing good from Wally World?

Comment

• Walking a lot = PB.
                    Eating randonimities = Not so much.

Walked around an hour yesterday (really slowly).
                    Today, close to 3.
                    When I finally got home my thighs were throbbing in this little tingly pulses.

I eat one meal a day, until I'm full, but not particularly watching myself with gluten etc.
                    Sleeping better (could be walking and eating without hurry/ stress).

I'm getting a lot of sun, but I really should wear sunscreen. I'm too pale for this shit. I get freckles all over and my face breaks out (I wear a BB cream on my face though and sunglasses).

I bought two dresses yesterday. I look a lot better in dresses I think (don't we all?).

Oh, which reminds me. Some homeless told my bf today that he's a lucky man....

EEEW!!!!!!!!! NOT flattered.

I'm reading Ray Peat threads/ arguments on the forum and elsewhere, but to be honest implementing that much fruit scares the shit out of me. The more diets I try the more I discard to the "don't work" pile... It just ends up making me depressed. 'Sides, with the scale gone (the only measurement of success I've used for 7 years) I have no idea how to test if it's working.
                    It's really hard for me to see myself losing weight again... I just can't explain it. Before I could sort of "see it" and now I just don't... Maybe that's why I haven't lost a lb so far?
                    Last edited by NoSaladWithoutMeat; 07-19-2014, 12:05 PM.
                    -Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

• UPDATE... Finally...

Back from New York and... I don't wanna talk about it.
                      It was humiliating and horrible and WORST than any worst case scenario of meeting the parents.
                      Now we're stranded in Montreal and can't get to Calgary (yet). But I haven't lost hope.
                      It'll just take more sweat, blood and especially tears to get what we want in life.

(The Canadian army might be a last resort for my beaux...)

ANYWAY.
                      I'm here and I'm still on track. Just not entirely Primal. (Or maybe, more than ever?)

I realized that I should watch my PUFA intake a little more closely. As I've mentioned before, I haven't been eating nuts for a few months now and I don't miss them, and find it has improved my digestion.

I'm more active than ever though. I got on board on that whole moving slowly throughout the day, and now I cycle or walk in place every time I'm reading or watching TV. (If I'm not walking in place like an idiot, I'll stand, but I try not to sit down for more than 20 minutes.)

I don't own a scale...

The only supplements I take are magnesium, D3 and probiotics.
                      I do wear SPF but I also spend some time in the sun before noon, in the shade. (Yelling: "I VILL SUCK YER BLOOD!")

I eat dairy... It's not great quality, but it doesn't cause me indigestion anymore.

I don't eat wheat.

I eat grains if they're around (which is never... or once a week. Stuff like kasha or rice.)

I eat tons of potatoes... In fact most of my meals include: a protein, a potato, a salad. Snacks are yogurt, honey, berries, cottage cheese. If I have fruits I'll eat tons of them.
                      Basically I'm not watching my carbs. OR any macronutrients. I'm lazy. I'm just trying to get by...

My only fear is that I get too little protein and I intend on getting a protein powder.

Most importantly I make damn sure I wake up before 10 and go to sleep before 12. It's the MOST important thing that I've overlooked before. I think my insomnia, my mid-night snacking and crappy digestion were due to the fucked up circadian rhythm.

Like I said, I don't own a scale so I don't know if I'm losing weight, but I don't care either.

Leave me the fuck alone, OCD ;D
                      -Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

• Meat! I still miss you.
                        Notebook of a Nutrition Nerd

‘THE FOOD YOU EAT CAN BE THE SAFEST AND MOST POWERFUL FORM OF MEDICINE OR THE SLOWEST RELEASING POISON' - Dr Ann Wigmore.

Comment

• 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
                          -Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

• 🙀🔜🦁
                            Last edited by NoSaladWithoutMeat; 11-09-2016, 12:51 PM.
                            -Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

Working...
                            X