X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good news nosalad!! Congrats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by NoSaladWithoutMeat View Post
      Does it have to be that high? How many should I do?
      Is that all you do?
      *10000 more questions*
      No, it doesn't have to be any higher than your knees. If you find it easy, then go for something higher.

Comment

• Blorton, nanner-toss? O_O

Yeah, I had a banana and almond butter yesterday
        Great minds think alike, Fotakou-san!

Thanks Linds (my basketball court is on Lindsay street )

I will do the box jumps on my sprint days, thanks Zoe :]

Thanks everyone else for the congrats. I think the excitement is trying to seep-in... Today in the shower I was like, Damn, I got in... wtf!
        It's so annoying when you're expecting and waiting for something and when it finally happens you can't appreciate it and get excited about it. :/
        It happens a lot lately, I think I'm a grown up Y_Y

So I'm going to the Tool's Sushi-Guitar-Hero Party, I hope I meet at least one interesting person who's worth the 40 minute subway ride. But then again, it hasn't happened in the last 5 years so I'm not counting on it.

Grok IN.
        "The penis is the male animal-flower, a soft-firm dildo, a warm dream."
        -Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

• Oh my gosh, I just now read about your admissions paper! Welcome to the college world!

Comment

• ahm, UNIVERSITY, as I keep correcting everyone (here it's not the same!).

Augh, the party sucked.
            What did I expect from the Tool's friends? They were obviously Tools. Well, not Tools, but nerds.
            The entire time they talked about Wold of Warcraft, and I'm talking about an hour long discussion where I simply stared at my plate and hoped a gun would magically appear so I can kill myself. The other hour they talked about the Montreal Canadians Y_Y
            And 70% of ALL discussions were in French, even though they were all capable of speaking English perfectly.
            Fun times.
            I wasn't contributing to the conversation because I simply had no idea what they're talking about/ had nothing to say/ didn't want to waste my witty remarks on them. Naturally, after a while they stopped being polite and spoke almost entirely in French.
            Not to mention I sucked at Guitar Hero, on EASY.
            To sum it all up, it was a sucky day and a waste of my time if it weren't for the free food.

I had an ounce of rice though :x (sushi pizza is a drug, I tell ya!)

So there was the Tool, the Tool's stunt double (it really is creepy. they're best friends, they look exactly the same down to the goatee and tell the same lame jokes that no one gets...he said something about marriage being a female invention and I was gonna get into a whole rant about how much better everyone would be without marriage, not to mention the fact that it was a male "invention" where parents would literally sell their daughters to the higher bidder, but I wasn't exactly miss popular already so I didn't bother) and there was a fat, loud girl who I shall call the Tool's love interest.
            And there was me.

I get why I'm not the Tool's "type". He goes for tall girls. No, GIANT girls. And I don't want to judge anyone based on their weight but this girl was just so obnoxiously loud, every time she opened her mouth I thought she was gonna eat me (she kept complaining she was hungry on our way to the restaurant, at the restaurant and even after the restaurant).
            She kept trashing Concordia (my future University) and saying any idiot (me, I presume) can get in and that McGuill (the one she attended) is like the Harvard of North America (yep, this is a quote) and she's so incredibly smart because she studied there on a scholarship (maybe she ate all the other scholarship applicants). I don't know, that girl is smoking some cheap crack.

Like I care, she and the Tool can have happy, fat babies together for all I care, only - you've guessed it- she doesn't want his whiny, virgin ass either.

The most interesting thing was the food.

I'm officially giving up on finding nice, non-back-stabbing and interesting people who... don't discriminate against short people.

On my way back I got even more depressed. So many cute Montreal boys and most of them were making out with anorexic, butterface girls. I mean, what does it take around here? To look like you're starving? Or is it because my face is actually pretty? Y_Y

I'm not even asking for much.
            I just want someone just as funny, weird and lonely as I am who I can tolerate for more than five minutes so we can hang out and do things and get excited about a song or a restaurant! Someone witty and loyal, who cares about things and is not selfish or boring. I only need one of those, just one... so why is he/she so hard to find? :'(
            -Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

• Meaty how old are you?

I am almost 22 and it took me many years to find people that I can talk about anything without any problem and right now there are only 2 people that I consider my best friends...Although you are asking for simple things its not that easy to find these kind of people...I am all in for having few and good friends but really good things do not come that easily...Your best bet I think is the college......................................(yeah I know,university,but I love teasing :P) There are gonna be many people there and hopefully you will be able to even chose with whom you are gonna spend more/less time together!

By the way how are your nutrition going?Yeah you are sticking to primal but what happened to your meals?I can hardly see 2 pages with one or two posts referring to your diet :P

Comment

• Aww Meatsy. <hugs>

I've already given advice on the tool. Not going there again.

I blew three years of my life on WoW, and could totally have participated in that conversation, but I walked away from that non-life almost two years ago and haven't looked back. Cool game, but man, is it ever addictive...

I know you were just upset when you made that post, but don't give up on finding decent people. As has been said, I'm certain you will encounter them at University. Keep your chin up and don't let the tools of the world get you down.

Primal since February 2010. On seventh round of P90x.

My Blathering, Babbling Journal

Comment

• Haha, ya I haven't really been documenting my food intake because I get caught up with daily life, which seems more pressing than what I had for breakfast.

I eat very little lately and don't really enjoy it, so I never think to mention it.
                  Today I had bacon and eggs, but my dad always buys discounted products that are on the verge of spoilage so the bacon was disgusting.
                  Usually I eat only lunch/ breakfast like a pork chop/ steak and veggies and maybe a can of tuna with some raw veggies.

I've lost my appetite lately, I think due to this cellulite drink I bought (no money wasted here ) I'm pretty sure it's suppressing my appetite. Not to mention the fact I have to drink it with a litre of water and that's quite filling.
                  I think it's working, my skin is super smooth and I feel like I'm leaning out though my weight hasn't changed.

So pretty much all week I had the exact same breakfast as I mentioned on Monday and in the evening I'd eat some almond butter and a banana or a can of tuna with veggies. I had a little hummus once.
                  Yesterday I had some rice, sashimi and garlic beef and vegetables.
                  It was actually good!

Yeah, I can't wait for University, though I've never had any luck meeting people there either. I'm not very social, to be honest so I don't approach people and talk to them, I just can't do that. And in general I think I repel people because I have some intimidating aura or something! >
                  Then again, some people already have friends in University and they're divided into little cliques.
                  In the other two Universities I attended I never really found any friends. I tried to keep in touch, but mostly people aren't interested because they already have their old high-school friends, which I don't even have since we've moved so freaking much.

I'm not complaining! I'm just thinking I should stop wasting my time and get used to being on my own. I did it in high-school, but it all went to hell when I started dating a social butterfly (which I met on the internet anyway, and I don't want to go there again) :/

I had bacon and eggs today, as mentioned and some cheese :x
                  I regret nothing!
                  I might go for a walk if something miraculous happens and I roll off the bed... but I doubt it :P

I bought Mark's Advanced Health Formula (and caved into buying Vital Omegas and that slimming protein powder), I can't wait to try it!

My skin is nearly perfect (sans the scars). The blackheads disappeared and my pores are minimizing (something to do with a cream I bought, perhaps?) but I get strange rash-like breakouts on my legs and body, I can't figure out what's causing it? My mom claims it's the meat because it stopped when she stopped eating it, and that's actually quite possible because we eat conventional meat.

I'm bothered by my diet (non-organic produce and meat) but I should be saving for school instead of focusing on that.
                  I think my skin will never be perfect or my weight and digestion ever improve if I don't eat organic foods :<

I don't wanna sound even more pathetic than I already do lately, but I think PB isn't a very good way to lose weight. Especially for women. Guys seem to do a lot better than girls on this. While I feel my body composition got a lot better and it's easier to build muscle, physically losing weight does not seem to be working!
                  I mean I have been on it for a month and a half and besides gaining some muscle and then going back to my start weight nothing has changed weight wise. Not even a pound, half a pound or anything! It's usually easy for me to lose weight if I do crazy cardio and eat conventional healthy (not that I want to go back to that....)
                  Don't get me wrong, I like eating like this but I'm not really doing it "right" (organic, fresh and everything) and it isn't a super efficient way to lose weight...

I don't know... just voicing some concerns that I've had for a while (and other women on this forum seem to be having!)

Have a good day, y'all!
                  -Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

• Originally posted by ZoŽ View Post

Reading Diana's post scares me though becasue a lot of the time I feel like I don't love myself enough to change. I need to change because I can't keep living like I am feeling deeply depressed and embarrassed inside but I feel like I have been trying so long and just always "fall off the wagon" because I have this "screw-it!" attitude where I block out the world and pretend happiness doesn't exist and go eat some carbs. Why does it have to be so damn complicated like this. I just want to love and be loved (and by men too! At this rate that will never happen!).

^ +1 :/

How have I not seen this journal recently?? I blame the forum reshuffle
                    Congratulations on getting into uni, and by the way your pics are FINE, you're at where I'm aiming for, if that makes sense
                    As for your skin, remember that it is renewed from underneath every so-many-weeks... all we hopefully have to do is wait for the "Primally fed" skin cells to make their way up to the surface.
                    I'd be interested to see what you think of the slimming powder though?

Comment

• Originally posted by NoSaladWithoutMeat View Post
                      I'm bothered by my diet (non-organic produce and meat) but I should be saving for school instead of focusing on that.
                      I think my skin will never be perfect or my weight and digestion ever improve if I don't eat organic foods :<

I don't wanna sound even more pathetic than I already do lately, but I think PB isn't a very good way to lose weight. Especially for women. Guys seem to do a lot better than girls on this. While I feel my body composition got a lot better and it's easier to build muscle, physically losing weight does not seem to be working!
                      I mean I have been on it for a month and a half and besides gaining some muscle and then going back to my start weight nothing has changed weight wise. Not even a pound, half a pound or anything! It's usually easy for me to lose weight if I do crazy cardio and eat conventional healthy (not that I want to go back to that....)
                      Don't get me wrong, I like eating like this but I'm not really doing it "right" (organic, fresh and everything) and it isn't a super efficient way to lose weight...
                      It seems to me that the women on this forum do have WAY more trouble loosing weight. I have a theory.
                      The men (on this blog... maybe not in general) seem to be able to go cold turkey when it comes to changing their eating pretty quickly and they don't seem to have trouble sticking with it. The women I see here are less likely to stick with the meat and veggies. We eat more nuts, fruits, dark chocolate, bites of bread, yogurt, cheeses, sugar free whatever, etc.
                      I think that having a little bit of poison, even if it isn't that much or only every once in a wile does us way more harm than we suspect. We are built to put on more weight than the men, so we have to be a little more careful (tracking macros would help most of us tremendously). Men can handle more protein, also (really, it can't be just me that has the excess protein problem). Maybe we should start a thread asking those with the lean bodies (suki, Barbey) or woman who have lost significant weight if they eat less of the primal "gray area" foods.

Comment

• Zoe, we should start a thread like that! It's on you :P

But here's the thing. I don't eat those things and have no problem sticking with it. As a matter of fact I sometimes get too extreme and start fretting about eating berries :/ I have a problem to keep my carbs over 50 rather then under... of course, there were numerous times where I ate more chocolate than I should have but it's only because I felt PB is not working (a sort of comfort food). I don;t crave sweet things, so if I eat chocolate it's to relax or celebrate something... but that's when I get in trouble because I can't stop :x

Did those girls really lose all that weight on PB or conventionally? There are a lot of those out there who have lost most of their weight not on PB but their success is attributed to PB, so it's tricky.
                        Man, I don't know! Make a thread! :P

MonkeyGirl, yeah I'll definitely review the slimming powder. I am so excited on getting something that tastes like chocolate and not feeling bad about ingesting it
                        -Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

• It's time for a wake-up call, sweetcheeks. (The following is meant strictly in the interest of helping you, please do not interpret this as an attack.)

The reason you aren't losing any weight under the PB is because you aren't doing the PB. If you are drinking some man-made slimming powder crap and then not eating proper PB foods with lots of fat because you are too full, what do you think is going to happen? Besides that, I see mention of grains and some lean meats... /scratches head. Throw out that slimming crap and follow the blueprint. It really will work if you let it. (Also, you have mentioned elsewhere that you can't afford organic and you are sure that must be necessary for results. Well, I'm here to tell you that's a bunch of hooey. I rarely eat organic because I'm a cheap bastid and love to load up at the local food warehouse. Yes, there are some folks who are quite passionate about where foods come from and how we shouldn't eat cheap meat, but let's be perfectly clear - even eating cheap meat is still *years* better than any kind of CW diet.)

And this business of mourning over your skin or any number of social issues - that's called stressing, and will really hamper fat burning. You need to break yourself of those destructive habits, and the best way to do that is.....

Ignorance of exercises excuses no one - just gtfo the house and go do something. Take long walks around the block or a park, do some pushups and situps. Do *anything* but mope around inside the house. Just do it! There are tons of things you could do for fun on your own, like kick a soccerball around a park.

You hold the keys to your own prison. Use them.

Primal since February 2010. On seventh round of P90x.

My Blathering, Babbling Journal

Comment

• Hehe, Blorton I needed that :P
                            But I have to defend my immaculate diet... I don't eat grains! The rice I had two days ago was the first in over a month and a half, and it's cause I felt like PB isn't working and allowed myself some maki sushi Y_Y
                            SO HOW DARE YOU?!

Lol, no really I try my best. I admit the cellulite drink (which is like crystal light) was a bullshit move but I only started it this week.
                            Other than that I eat veggies, pork, beef, veal, eggs and cook my stuff in lard.

I'll tell you what you're right about:
                            -> exercise got me bewildered and even when I do it I feel like it's doing squat (maybe I should do squats :/), I do strength training 3xWeek but forget the sprints. I walk but it's meh.
                            -> I CAN'T sleep
                            -> I don't get a lot of sunshine and fresh air, I try though
                            -> I STRESS so much about everything, or I get super lazy

But my diet is fine, and if you mention it again I will hurt you. Telepathically.

Besides, you're a MAN, what the hell do you know about NOT losing weight?! *it's the best I could come up with right now*
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDQgsr5tR48
                            AND
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qyTaTfuvJg&feature=fvw

:P
                            -Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

• Okay no news. [see, that's how I started my post and 5 seconds I start talking about great news. ADHD or what?]

Did not do shred Did not get up at 8. Did not do my French homework. Ate a bunch of dairy.

But I'm paying for all of it dearly.

Okay, this is why I stay away from dairy. They tell you that it takes at least 3 days for the food to have its affect on your skin. WRONG, it took dairy hours to infiltrate my beautiful skin and cover it with hideousness! My body, which seems to be a lot more sensitive (honestly, wtf?) has suffered even more due to this 'incident'. Bye bye beach season

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh.

I had mascrapone cheese and some weird French cheese that's this sticky, gummy thing that tastes like socks.
                              But it was expensive and as a newly embraced Quebecois I felt obligated to buy some fancy, smelly cheese.
                              Okay, so I had no idea it was smelly (I went for the least smelly one, but it was in a container so boy, was I in for a surprise) but I knew for a fact it was French.
                              I put it on my free range pork roast (a waste, I know) and it kinda wasn't too bad, but it wasn't worth the pain afterwards.
                              I had indigestion during French class and cheese breath Y_Y
                              The worst thing is that we had this interaction exercise that required us to walk around and ask EVERYONE their names.
                              After it, my mom said I had bad breathe....
                              Awesome, so everyone knew, my mom, probably the entire class, but me!

Then again, I did have rice exactly 3 days ago, but it's not very likely, I never really reacted badly to rice (nor does anyone I think, it's more gluten and dairy that's acne inducing).

So, the thread I started is confusing me even more... I don't know what to do now, but I don't feel like exercising. I'm gonna forget the calorie counting and just eat what I want, because I think going as low as I do is killing my energy and slowing my metabolism.

For absolutely awesome news, Iceskater who I've met on this forum (and proposed a week later :P) is moving here in May!
                              I don't know if it was my direct solicitation (we've been emailing for a while) or her self-destructive love on anything Quebecois (including me!) but I couldn't be happier.
                              Seems like my wish for (a) a girlfriend (b) a primal friend (c) someone awesome who's funny and gets me, is finally coming true!
                              And all for the price of one!

I feel like a dirty old man who's waiting for his Vietnamese mail order bride to finally arrive. It's a joyous feeling :]

When she's here we'll kick ass and hit Primal hard, going for roasted duck, joint sprints, walks, Korean BBQ and the farmer's market, not to mention hunting.
                              And by hunting, I mean hunting for HOT, FRENCH, BOYS!

Some more happy news, my parents have converted from "no hell, organic is a waste of money so buy it on your own" (I'm unemployed, that should tell you something...) to "we should do our shopping at the market instead of both here and at the store".
                              I was floored. And one time is all it took... They got googley eyed over all the fresh baked bread (hey, can't have everything), meat, fruits, honey and cheese. I guess it runs in the family :]
                              I was happy, I got 300 grams of sweet, grass fed bacon *hallelujah!*
                              So, mission accomplished.
                              If only I can get them to adopt PB and my newly ordered bride :/

love you all equally and platonically, except for my soon to be bride who I love in a very sexual way, raaawr
                              -Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

• hey, baby steps, right? and congrats on your mail order bride...er, woman! i hear a good welcoming gift is bacon
                                sigpic

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

Comment

Working...
                                X