Monday Is The Day!/ NoSaladWithoutMeat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I have definitely done ducking kind of things like that before too. If I'm alone, I make every effort to avoid people. I tried valiantly once to keep shopping, but ended up needing something in the same aisle and didn't want to hide out until he moved, so I said hi. It was relatively painless.
    I'd rather not be seen by people with the gift of sight, for fear that gift'll be taken away ;D
    "The penis is the male animal-flower, a soft-firm dildo, a warm dream."
    -Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

• Day #3

Took an ice cold shower yesterday. Holy shit. I was singing "WHAT'S COOLER THAN BEING COOL? ICE COLD!"
      But it didn't make me feel any better.

I don't think it's good for you skin though, neither hot nor cold. From what I've read at least, it's lukewarm or nothing. I broke out today on my forehead too (first time in a year, the feck?) So I'm gonna hold that test off for a bit, and focus on RS. Still tempted to slather my face with topicals... My hands got also really dry and were peeling so it was hard to resist reaching for the hand cream.

Hand cream... *wiggly eyebrow*

I found the PHD book on my phone, apparently I got it a while back and never read it (among many).
      It makes so much sense because I've been reading LeanGains.com and RS and it seems to confrom to PHD.
      *fingers and toes crossed*
      *tiptoes away like a mud-crab*

Food:
      Feeding window: 11-7. [BMx1]

-> Beef soup, sourkrout, kimchi. *Best sourkrout I had for a while (hope the curse doesn't take effect soon), it's got (?!) well water, salt and cabbage. It's salty and crunchy but really soft.
      -> Made plantain chips with some curry spice --not bad. Might have overeaten carbs today though...
      -> Later on, had rice with a sauce (soy and yuzu and other stuff; so tasty, made by my lover ;3) with smoked salmon and half an avocado. [[fake sushi] I was in a hurry to eat before seven (almost forgot) so got a tiny bit of indigestion.
      -> Ate 2.5 GF cookies from yesterday. Got a sharp pang right away. Weird since it takes a while for shit to get into your belleh but it literally happened like this: cookie in mouth = pain. Same yesterday.
      Maybe psychological?
      -> Got all my supplements (like the junky that I am).

The Good:
      ***My energy levels are really good, so I might start exercising next week.
      ***Little bit of a rumble in the belleh and some indigestion with the carbs but nothing dramatic.
      *** No cravings!!! HUGE for a sugar-glider like me ;3 I gliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide on ze sugaaaaaaaaaaaaaarz!
      But now. No craving for sweets, I'm 100% attuned to my hunger. I eat, I feel energy and I don't obsess. Such freedom. It's honestly the most wonderful side-effect I got from the diet so far, and all I was focused on was weight-loss. Hey, I'll take it ;D

Tips!
      (1) Kick the nuts in the nuts: I'm serious. They're okay in salads and cookies if you bake, but having them on hand for snacking is a BAD idea. I overeat on roasted almonds EVERY time they're around. Now that I haven't had them for a few days I see my indigestion has resolved itself. Maybe raw if you can, cause then you won't overeat (they be nasty!).
      (2) Tough love approach with sugar cravings: I used to do this when to spite and annoy my own brain/ body. I was like, "You want something sweet? HUH? YOU WANT SOMETHING SWEET? FINE!" *BAM* A tablespoon of honey! (EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW) Yeah?! You want something sweet now?! I DON'T THINK SO!"
      It works. You can't gorge on honey. It's sickly sweet. Period. End of story.

Happy Friday!
      -Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

• I like your tips. I've done that with the sugar craving when there was no fruit around at work. Unnatural craving? How about regular Hershey's? You like that bellyache, anxiety, and fuzzy teeth, body? Do ya?

I find that starch (potatoes) and butter destroy all sugar cravings though. After you mentioned fructose, I got to thinking that maybe that's because starches act like the pure carbs that they are and my body is wanting whereas fructose basically acts like a fat (mixed with sugar unless you're taking it extracted like agave or something). It's all speculation from someone not medically trained, but it makes sense to me.

Comment

• There is a lot of great information in the PHD book even if you don't end up going so high carb.
          Primal since 9/24/2010
          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
          MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Tips!
            (1) Kick the nuts in the nuts: I'm serious. They're okay in salads and cookies if you bake, but having them on hand for snacking is a BAD idea. I overeat on roasted almonds EVERY time they're around. Now that I haven't had them for a few days I see my indigestion has resolved itself. Maybe raw if you can, cause then you won't overeat (they be nasty!).
            (2) Tough love approach with sugar cravings: I used to do this when to spite and annoy my own brain/ body. I was like, "You want something sweet? HUH? YOU WANT SOMETHING SWEET? FINE!" *BAM* A tablespoon of honey! (EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW) Yeah?! You want something sweet now?! I DON'T THINK SO!"
            It works. You can't gorge on honey. It's sickly sweet. Period. End of story.
            The nuts, yes. I can eat the shoe-sized macadamia nut bag from trader joe's in the course of a day.

The honey, no. I actually could just sit and eat an entire jar of honey. All crystalized and textured - but I don't. Because I'm full of meat, cheese, eggs and veggies and fruit! Full!
            Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

• Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
              The nuts, yes. I can eat the shoe-sized macadamia nut bag from trader joe's in the course of a day.

The honey, no. I actually could just sit and eat an entire jar of honey. All crystalized and textured - but I don't. Because I'm full of meat, cheese, eggs and veggies and fruit! Full!
              Are you a reincarnation of winnie the pooh? I can't eat raw honey and not cringe: it's sweet, it's sticky, it's hard to swallow; it gives me headaches. But I guess it's not a universal feeling like I thought it was ;D
              -Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                There is a lot of great information in the PHD book even if you don't end up going so high carb.
                I read it before bed like a good night story ;3
                -Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

• Originally posted by RittenRemedy View Post
                  I like your tips. I've done that with the sugar craving when there was no fruit around at work. Unnatural craving? How about regular Hershey's? You like that bellyache, anxiety, and fuzzy teeth, body? Do ya?

I find that starch (potatoes) and butter destroy all sugar cravings though. After you mentioned fructose, I got to thinking that maybe that's because starches act like the pure carbs that they are and my body is wanting whereas fructose basically acts like a fat (mixed with sugar unless you're taking it extracted like agave or something). It's all speculation from someone not medically trained, but it makes sense to me.
                  I can't condone hershey overdose, since that would not work for me.
                  My body will win over my mind and say, "Hell yeah I love Hershey's... Bring it on!"

:c
                  -Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

• Day #4

Sleep:
                    Worst night EVER.

Since I live in downtown Montreal, there's scumbags in a 100 meter radius all around and above me.
                    I got woken up every 10 minutes on the verge of tears (I like my sleep >;c) because people accross were playing loud music (4am), yelling, and throwing rocks (?!) from their balcony. Closing the window, even though it's like a sauna in my apartment and those wax ear plugs DID NOT YIELD results.
                    Then, strong smell of weed (what's new?) and I have a hypersensitive nose (and hearing to be honest).
                    Sleep: on and off, on and off, and then around 5 a.m. the guy upstairs, who shares a shoebox apartment like mine, gets up,
                    puts loud trance music and starts RUNNING AROUND HIS APARTMENT.

What the fuck?!

Let me explain something: I live in a studio apartment. So it's a room with a bathroom and a tiny kitchen that's actually a hallway... The only furniture I have space for is a desk, a bed, a closet and a fridge (no space in kitchen/ hallway). So...
                    Why the fuck would you use this limited space for your 5 A.M. RUN?!!?!?!

I usually hold my bf off from kicking people's asses (New Yorkers don't take shit from people) but this time I was reallllllllllllly fucking tempted to just let him.

That's fine... Revenge is as sweet as a raspberry smoothie (not that sweet btw). He has a weird sleeping schedule of waking up in the middle of the night, drinking (and running?) and then sleeping all day. I will just have to set my blender on HIGH for a good, oh, I don't know, 30 minutes... >;D

/rant.

*Ended up ruining my schedule and waking up at 12.
                    ** I think I was hungry too at night so it was hard to sleep.
                    *** Some have suggested that adding carbs impedes sleeping... ;c
                    **** On the plus side, I weighed myself and I'm down a bit! AMAZING since I've been wheatless, sugarless for 4 months, did VLC for 3 weeks, and on and off GAPS and the scale DID NOT BUDGE. Could be a fluke.

Off to get some sun, sans SPF. HUGE for me. First time since I was 21 to leave the house without full-on SPF 45+ (winter too). So... SCARY!!!

Update later, not that anyone cares >;D

--------
                    UPDATE:

Food:
                    Made this gross smoothie (gosh, Vega One ruins EVERYTHING. Poo on Stevia), couldn't finish it.
                    Then had cold (buckwheat) noodles and Yukhoe (raw beef) in a K-resto. It was meh.
                    Some spicy plantain chips.
                    3 apricots.
                    3 squares of 72% mint endangered species chocolate (first time try: yum!)
                    1 cup of kefir.
                    I might eat the Indian beef curry my bf made (so coconut milk, spices, zucchini, etc.) but I'm not really hungry.

Feeding window: 1ish- 9ish.

Supplements:
                    Probiotics, FStor, D3, cod liver oil, magnesium. The usz'.

Fitness:
                    Went to the market; it's like a 20-25 minute walk there and the same back UP THE HILL. No sunscreen, so got tons of sun, but then started freaking out because it was really sunny and hot.

Shockingly I never got tired... I got a little queasy and hungry once we got there so we bought a chocolate and I ate 3 pieces. Then we made our way back with some bacon, lard and duck legs (which all cost 20$, but at least we didn't return home empty handed).
                    The chocolate got me through until we got to the Korean restaurant. I thought up the hill will be tough, but it was a breeze...! How cool is that? I haven't exercised in a few years and then when I tried to do some easy strength training exercising I could barely do any. I guess I'm getting a lot more energy now ;D

The market was a bust. Christ. Grass-fed beef 39$ per kg and up... You must be joking... Who can afford that?! The rest of the meat there, not that much cheaper even though it was technically grain-fed. Same fucking products we buy at the grocery store (like GF cookies) are twice as much. Augh, why?

Really frustrating... What do I gotta do around here to get my hands on some grass-fed meat? Y_Y
                    I never had any before...

Cleaned up my cat's puke like 8 times. He keeps yelling and then throwing up... Then he goes and eats more... What the hell? Is he bulimic? ;D

[OK that's in bad taste.]

I feel bad for him but don't know what to do. We can barely afford food let alone a vet visit ;c
                    Hope he gets better... I'm gonna let him fast.

-NoSWM.
                    Last edited by NoSaladWithoutMeat; 06-21-2014, 06:48 PM.
                    -Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

• Most people find that added carbs at dinner actually improves sleep. This is one of the great benefits I have gotten from potato starch.
                      Primal since 9/24/2010
                      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                      MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• That is one messed up place to live! I couldn't do it I don't think. Not that I have troubles sleeping, I just like to feel that people can't hear what I'm up to at home, because that's creepy. I'm pretty sure my duplex has a good shared wall, as I have barely heard the neighbours. Make sure that you keep that in mind when you move out west, not to get such a place!!

How 'bout that blender? Did you play the spite card and vengefully blend, pulse, puree, stir, beat, chop, and liquify to your heart's content? Not that I care >;D

- Jim
                        Please feel free to follow my journal, unless you're seeing this link IN my journal... That's quite the paradox! I promise to keep my content up to date, honest, and hopefully mildly entertaining.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread107788.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmus Prime View Post
                          That is one messed up place to live! I couldn't do it I don't think. Not that I have troubles sleeping, I just like to feel that people can't hear what I'm up to at home, because that's creepy. I'm pretty sure my duplex has a good shared wall, as I have barely heard the neighbours. Make sure that you keep that in mind when you move out west, not to get such a place!!

How 'bout that blender? Did you play the spite card and vengefully blend, pulse, puree, stir, beat, chop, and liquify to your heart's content? Not that I care >;D

- Jim
                          I think he was already awake... Man, I don't know.

Not that I want to live here too... No choice ><

I really hope Calgary apartments aren't that pathetically built.
                          I don't remember having problems like these in Toronto, but here every apartment I lived in I could hear people snore/ their phone's buzzing/ them watching TV... I even had one where from my bathroom I can hear the guy upstairs taking a shower and singing/ talking (and oddly doing some weird exercises while panting and counting), so clearly too... The thing is, I don't think he heard me, cause I would always laugh and yell "What the fuck are you doing?!"

REALLY hope it's gonna be different there, but then again it highly depends on what we can afford which isn't much.
                          Last edited by NoSaladWithoutMeat; 06-21-2014, 06:28 PM.
                          -Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                            Most people find that added carbs at dinner actually improves sleep. This is one of the great benefits I have gotten from potato starch.
                            I've heard both. I might be in the other camp so I'm eating my carbs in the morning now.
                            -Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

• Ack, you gotta move. That's a crazy place!
                              Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

• Sounds like my last barracks. We had a 24 hour quiet zone because people worked nights lol...

Comment

Working...
                                X