• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NoSaladWithoutMeat View Post
    Does anyone know what to do with creamed coconut? ;/
    Yes! Make Coconut Hearts!!!

I love your new photo!!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• Originally posted by me2 View Post
      Also we should meet up, but only when I can wear something sassy.
      That would make one of us Y_Y
      Grab me while we're both fat and depressed... A lot of fun and drunkenness could happen.................

I honestly don't know how to deal with almond flour, it just becomes, dry, nut crumble. It's not good as flour!
      Coconut flour is too dry... So I don;t know!

I've made her Orange Starbucks cake and it was flawless! But the shortbread cookies... Maybe it's just not meant to be... *tear*
      "The penis is the male animal-flower, a soft-firm dildo, a warm dream."
      -Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

• Originally posted by winencandy View Post
        Yes! Make Coconut Hearts!!!

I love your new photo!!
        Don;t I look Goth? I kinda hate it... My face looks fat... but that's what I do... I'm over my own pictures after 5 minutes.

OMG! Those are so beautiful!!!! I will, though I don't have fancy heart cube trays...
        -Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

• OMG.

Something's seriously wrong with me.

I eat to the point of physical pain. I'm like your average pet... You can fill my bowl and I'll still eat even though I ate 3 minutes ago.
          It's pretty disgusting.
          There's no calorie averaging or self-regulation Naiad is talking about.... I'm just being a HOG.

It spooked me so I detailed my intake on SparksPeople. More or less 1,400cals in one sitting! That;s insane!

Did I mention I bought a whole lot of gluten-free stuff to "keep me on track"?
          Among these: Our Products

Which ones? ALL OF THEM! Freaking all of them!!!!!
          In fact, I bought MORE than all of them!
          Espresso, which isn't listed, but is very good.

So far my favorite is Maple Crunch; eh, I must be Canadian ;D
          I didn't like Mocha Latte, because I'm not a fan of coffee flavoured stuff, but Espresso was pretty righteous ;D

I also bought gluten free pasta, 60% dark chocolate hot cocoa (and once I realized it's disgusting with only water I've been eating it with a spoon) and a giant jar of Angus beef pasta sauce.
          Yes, you read it right.
          ANGUS BEEF PASTA SAUCE!

There's a tiny supermarket by Concordia (my University) that;s worth braving the sludge and the cold for. It;s full of unique stuff and erm.. unique people. [Srsly, I get the sense it's store policy to have at least one weirdo per square floor tile].

There was this weird woman standing behind me WAYYYY TOO CLOSE. I can;t even fully explain how close she was standing next to me. Every time I moved she'd move closer, and her *whatever body part it was* was ALWAYS touching me. [Okay that last part sounds dirty, but it wasn't like that...] She was so close I could feel her breathe on my ear and when she spoke I was, excuse the alliteration, spooked.
          What is wrong with people?!

Then the cashier lectured me for spending too much money on this stuff. [I mean, yeah, I know... but she's the freaking cashier...]

True stories.

I forgot the most important part! CoconutBliss chocolate and fudge icecream! It's good! But I was still tempted to get gelato or this one icecream that was made from real, full-fat cream! Mmm...

Anyway, I'll see how my weightloss goes, if at all, I'm getting the feeling this snacking business is just counter-productive. When life's too sweet, something's gotta be wrong... But then again, it took me so long to lose weight on PB in the first place, and I started losing when I started snacking and going out more! Weird!

<3
          -Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

• OOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCHHHHHHHHH!

I made brownies. And they're good. Crumbly and wet, but *finally* edible!
            Really, to relive my glory I'm gonna have to remake that orange cake.

I did burn two important fingers while taking out the brownies from the over.
            Someone has made holes in the over mitt and didn't tell anyone ;/
            So, ouch.

I tried to take pictures for you guys but they looked nothing like brownies on camera (well, a different kinda of brownies >;B).

They're good with coconut icecream. And they're so filling! I was gonna go cowabanunga on them when they came out from the oven, but after eating two I didn't want any.
            They've got a lot of protein and walnuts and tons of butter, plus they're almost too sweet for me (damned agave!).

So, I'm doing well. I'm getting my appetite for meat and fat back. I'm a lot thirstier on an average day.
            I do eat a lot of Primal snacks. Like, every day I'd make something with almond flour or eat some coconut icecream.
            So far it's been a week so I can't tell if it's hindering my weight-loss.
            But, knowing that I can have some sweets if I feel like it gives me a sense of freedom so I don't torture myself and then eat gluten.
            I don't crave non-Primal stuff either. Honestly, those CocoMira things is the best snack I've found, gluten-free and otherwise. I'm starting to get used to coconut icecream that I can no longer imagine what real dairy icecream tastes like (and don't worry, I'm not gonna go there...).

I think as long as I stuff myself with sweets I won't derail. I just don't know what I'll do if I have to cut them out...
            Well, I'll burn that bridge when I get to it.

<3
            -Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

Well, I'll burn that bridge when I get to it.
              Hey, that's my line! As to the sweets... Whatever it takes, sweetheart. This may be the way for YOUR baby steps.
              Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
              My Latest Journal

Comment

• Meaty, I can't remember if I told you this yet, but...

I totally blame you for my latest obsession with Lily Allen.

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                  Hey, that's my line! As to the sweets... Whatever it takes, sweetheart. This may be the way for YOUR baby steps.
                  Aaw, <3
                  -Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

• Originally posted by Diana Renata View Post
                    Meaty, I can't remember if I told you this yet, but...

I totally blame you for my latest obsession with Lily Allen.
                    >;3 good. If we hung out more often I would do a lot more damage!
                    You should get obsessed with Kate Nash, another Brit. She has these sweet piano bits about love and what not. I especially like this song:

and also Laura Marling, but I'm sure I drilled this song into your head already:

(I totally identify with this song... ;3)
                    Last edited by NoSaladWithoutMeat; 01-29-2012, 10:44 AM.
                    -Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

• I'm expressing my Europhillia by watching Downton Abbey. Damn those bitches are sweet.
                      Notebook of a Nutrition Nerd

‘THE FOOD YOU EAT CAN BE THE SAFEST AND MOST POWERFUL FORM OF MEDICINE OR THE SLOWEST RELEASING POISON' - Dr Ann Wigmore.

Comment

• Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii t son(s).

Today was a PIMP day.

I got ribs. Not just beef ribs. Not just pork ribs. BOTH Muddafuckaz.

I found some bacon chocolate on the same street.
                        Holla.

Then, I found this P.I.M.P (not just PIMP, mind you) pleather jacket at the Sal Val.
                        Oddly enough in the teemage-boy isle. But, what can I say, when you look good, you look good, right?

My friend pointed it out (As a joke), then he made fun of it the entire way back. Dat fool be smokin' crack, cause this jacket is WACK.

I'm the baddest Cat in town.

Then I sipped a latter and had a mini-muffin. But that shit don' wreck my style. If a homey wanna mini-muffin, a homey gonna get a mini-muffin, and make that shit LOOK GOOD. That's what.

Word.
                        -Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

H

Then I sipped a latter and had a mini-muffin. But that shit don' wreck my style. If a homey wanna mini-muffin, a homey gonna get a mini-muffin, and make that shit LOOK GOOD. That's what.
                          Just so long as the mini-muffin doesn't give you a muffin top.

I'm out this sisson.

Comment

• What's a muffin-top? O_o

Anyway.

What was up with MDA lately? It was all wacky!

I've derailed, my dear (imaginary) friends. Big time.

It's those cookies I was telling you about. Studies show: out of Meaty's friends 3 in 3 will find the shortbread cookies akin to CRACK.
                            These babies are more dangerous than a bacon addiction to Vegans. You just can't get their taste out of your head. They haunt you with their buttery, crumbly texture... OH BABY JESUS SAVE ME FROM THESE DEVIL COOKIES!

In other news,
                            I'm slowly but surely gaining weight (well, duh). But somehow I don't completely hate myself. I think the survival mechanism kicked in. I think hating yourself for 23 years is the maximum a person can do. I could at least have a little break before I reach my fourties and consider myself a failure at life.

*Optimism!*

Okeh, where is the subscription section? I can't find people's journals now. The one's who are still alive that is.

The MDA forum is becoming a ghost town. You'd think it will be cyclically replenished with new, interesting members but... not really. It's just me who keeps coming back again, like, "Hey! I'm fat again, what's upppppppppp?"

I had this brilliant idea that if I bought this disgustingly slutty bathing suit (and spend 78$ on it) I would miraculously get the motivation to get into gear.

Heh, isn't it slutty? *maniacal laughter*

Now I just have to find someone who'll get it for me... Anyone? Anyone? I will pay you in pictures ;D
                            *crickets chirping*

Uh,
                            Moving on.

I won't list all my sins because nobody can possibly remember the shit I consumed. But since I'm going to BC next week, I won't lie, more shit will get consumed.

AND THEN!... It's on!

[I hope]

[Don't quote me on that]
                            -Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

• I can and will hold your word and some random hot guy's body against you.
                              Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                              My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                                I can and will hold your word and some random hot guy's body against you.
                                Is that a promise? ;D
                                -Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

Working...
                                X