No announcement yet.

Monday Is The Day!/ NoSaladWithoutMeat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmm, perhaps you shouldn't close the door completely when eating pork?

And WHAT!? Condo in TORONTO! That's awesome!

OMG, I don't even want to see my high school journal. Too funny!

Comment

• FREE ICECREAM FOR ALL MY LOVERS!

You should sign-up for the Baskin Robbins icecream club, so you can get free icecream on your birthday! :3

US:
      https://www.baskinrobbins.com/bdaycl...sterInfo1.aspx

Canadia:
      http://www.baskinrobbins.ca/birthdayclub

Side note: don't you find the cartooned people on the logo a little creepy? With their long tongues and the closed eyes in the midst of ecstasy...?
      No?
      Just me then.

Y_Y
      Last edited by NoSaladWithoutMeat; 05-03-2011, 06:41 PM.
      "The penis is the male animal-flower, a soft-firm dildo, a warm dream."
      -Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

• Never was a big fan of Baskin Robins. We have a Hershey place here, and the best shop in town serves Carvel. And there's Old World Cafe that has the most delicious artisan ice cream.

Store-bought ice cream, Ben & Jerry's Phish Food was always my favorite, but I've found a certain love for Haagen Dazs. Mmmm....

Now... I just found the best place EVER, thanks to Mayness. It's called Culture Shock and they serve fermented food. Anywho... I saw on facebook that they're making frozen yogurt out of raw yogurt, raw cream, and bananas. THAT'S IT. I'm praying they still have it in 2 weeks when I make it to Ithaca next. I've also been pricing ice cream makers (that don't require ice and salt, since I have neither.)

Comment

• *jealous*

But dude, free icecream is free icecream... And nothign taste better than free

I remember Hershey's at Niagra Falls. They handed out free fudge and we kept walking back and forth. We got stuffed!
          No such luck with icecream...

I'd sell (other people's) soul for real raw dairy icecream!
          Why do people in Canada have to be such raw-dairy phobes
          -Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

• Free ice cream does rock. I totally nommed the cookie dough ice cream M brought me. Best ice cream EVER.

Get down here and I'll treat you to all the raw dairy you want.

Comment

• Disclaimer: This is long. And it's mostly nonsense that I need to write out so I can understand what I'm going through and somehow get over it. p.s if you actually read this crap: cookie

I haven't even done that much today but I'm so tired and cranky.
              Due to crappy sleep schedule fell asleep in the middle of the day for 3-3.5 hours. Woke up in panic 'cause I needed to go to class.

Wore heels, foolishly.
              Stood in line (I obviously choose the one with the slowest cashier, iz how I roll).
              Bought a book I technically don't need.
              Got annoyed at the Ubookstore's return policy (you can't return 80% of the shit, the 20% you can you must do within 10 days. Fuck you in the ass, assholes).*

In French class we were learning how to say "je m'appelle..." and going in circles with that for 2.5 hours.
              *puts gun to head*
              *pulls trigger*
              *brains explode onto MacBook*

9:30pm and I finally got home.
              Despite listening to positive tapes and seminars all day, I dislike this world and all its inhabitants right now.
              It's like, as long as I'm at home I can drink that "the world is wonderful" milkshake, but when I'm in public I just think everything that's outlined here:

Just flush everyone/thing down.

Well, actually... The Tool song can be interpreted as therapeutic. The metaphoric "wash down" is the release of toxic, negative, energy.
              Same with suicide, say by arson, can really mean rebirth through death –the way of the mythical pheonix.

I just need a shower and to curl up in bed, knowing tomorrow my day will be different (if I let it).

Self-Analysis: [strictly for myself, so if you're one of the few who are attempting to read/ understand this, it won't work]
              The source of my cranckyness is probably due to lack of sleep, the sore throat and the usual offenders: self-doubt, no idea what the hell I should do now, feeling like I'm compromising my identity every time I leave the house.
              It's like, when things are too easy I don't know what to do with myself and how to progress and evolve. On the other hand if things are too difficult it freaks me out and blocks my view of the potential (success, after much practice and determination).

The comporomising of my identity is complicated.
              I either can't accept the fact I'm not a loser/ fat/ at a certain weight, even though now my reality is different –my brain can't seem to catch up.
              Yet I'm trapped between the "loser" image and the imgae of the "ideal". So, I basically don't know who I am. I'm roaming the earth trying to be defined by outside sources.
              I look at people who look at me and I wonder what they see, sometimes I assume it's negative, sometimes I assumes it's positive and then I react.
              I let my perception of what other people think of me define me. Am I basically defining myself? That would be great, if I wasn't so conflicted about who I am, who I want to be and who I think society wants me to be.

Am I ugly?
              Am I stupid?
              How can I know for sure?
              Is it relative?
              Is there general consensus?
              Is there a cure?

*breathes into a bag*

This is what goes in my mind on a daily basis. No wonder I'm tired, melodramatic, depressed.
              It's such toxic stress to constantly be wondering WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON.

I feel like a child sometimes who hasn't learned to deal with the world. I don't wanna be seen as a naive dreamer (sadly, I am mostly that), people usually equate naivitee with stupidity and I'd hate to be seen as stupid.
              So I become my alter-ego –the jaded cynic who hates everyone.

DAMN YOU WAYNE DYER!

Moving on...

The Confessional:
              Okay so I ate 3 bowls of cereal, an UCP (Unidentified Chocolate Pastry) and watched Supernatural.
              This included milk and a lot of drooling.
              Science has yet to explain how something so beautiful could have been created: Jensen is sheer perfection. What combination of genes is needed to create something so beautiful? A recipe must be made widely available.

I wanna sleep but I have to do my laundry.

Food:
              2 porkchops, coconut oil, bacon (all in one meal, in the morning and in the evening).

I think my dad gave me his cold. Thanks Dad.

No, really, this was a swell day, I just need a shower. I swear.
              *mediates on a mountain*
              *falls of the mountain into a SPLAT*

See? Dandy.
              ----------------------------------------------------
              *sorry, Cranckyness+Tool=lots of swearing/ graphic violence.
              -Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

• Meaty-
                First of all, BREATHE! (yeah, I know, pot, meet kettle.)
                Second of all, no one knows exactly what to do in the world. If there's a magical grown- up answer book, I've never seen it, let alone read it. Everyone going at it with, at best, a SWAG (scientific wild ass guess.) You make the best choices you can. I can't say I've ever seen an intelligent person without some sort of thing that they go back and forth with themself on about who they are. God knows I do it. The best advice i have? Run with it. With what? no clue, but run with it.
                Third, stop freaking out long enough to get well, dammit.
                Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                My Latest Journal

Comment

• +1 Naiad's wisdom.

And so what to whatever people think about you. Really. It doesn't matter. 10 years from now will it matter what some random stranger thought of you walking down the street?

When I get all kinds of down on myself, it helps (sometimes) to put things into perspective.
                  1) The people who love me do so not because of my figure, but for my character. Even with as odd a character as I am.

2) THere are BILLIONS of people on this mud ball. I'm just one. Like ants, we scurry about thinking the world is about us. Not so much. We're each just specks that won't matter 100 years from now. Do I want to be one of the select few that gets put on any sort of pedestal? Not really. I just want to live a comfy, happy life with the few other specks I love, and leave it at that. If I wanted fame and glory, I'd be busting my ass a whole lot harder than I am now.

It's enough to just BE. What the rest of the world thinks doesn't mean shit. I wish I'd known that so many years ago, cuz once you get that in your head, the world is so much easier to deal with.

Comment

• Thanks, galz

It scary to me to just disappear without leaving some sort of creative legacy, perhaps because kids are out of the question :P
                    I am living in comfortable anonymity right now but I don't think this will do.
                    I need to do something great. Find some sort of purpose or I will go insane.

On that note:
                    I am officially sick.

Stuffy nose, pulsating headache, hard to swallow, scratchy throat, etc.
                    Is this what it's like to be sick? I completely forgot... It SUCKS.
                    I haven't been sick since I started PB...
                    Oh wait a minute...

Two weeks off is all it took for my dad's bug to jump onto me.

My mom is as healthy as an orange :/

I was looking at my Alternative Cures book, and I'd really like some advice from you guys before I'm forced to down a garlic drink :x

I was thinking of taking vitamin C (how much though?), exercising, taking a hot bath and drinking tea with organic honey for the whole day.
                    But I've got errands to run...
                    Not today I guess.

Lunge: 15 reps each leg or as many as possible.
                    Hop Scotch: 30 seconds.
                    Push Up: 25 reps or as many as possible.
                    Hop Scotch: 30 seconds.

Did this for 6 rounds.
                    I'm surprised I had the energy...

Boy, do I regret exercising... I felt even sicker than before. I felt like I'm about to throw up.
                    Sad, I thought sweating would help... and it did for like a minute –I felt really good.
                    I think I feel a little better after getting in some food and drinking tons.

This episode of Herculese made me feel a a little better too
                    He's posing nude for an art class, with grapes :P

And this super strong bodybuilder chick, Cory Everson is in it as Atlanta. I love her character. She's awesome (not as awesome as the Amazons and Xena though :P)

She still looks amazing at 50:

Her face doesn't seem to have aged at all!
                    -- More reasons to body build as long as you can move your body.
                    Last edited by NoSaladWithoutMeat; 05-05-2011, 08:57 AM.
                    -Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

• Oh Meaty, you'll leave a legacy in everyone who's come to know and love you!

You'll find your purpose and your passion when the time is right. I was so lost for so long, and now I think I know which way I'm supposed to go. I didn't get it until about a year or two ago. 27 is way later than I wanted to find my purpose, but hey... Colonel Sanders didn't fry no chicken til he was 50. You never know what your life's purpose will be. You just have to enjoy the ride and make the most of it.

So sorry to hear you're sick. Garlic is wonderful. Really. I've been known to eat it raw if necessary. Just don't take it with orange juice, unless you want to puke. At least that's what happened to me all those years ago. +1 on the taking a hot bath and drinking tea with organic honey. I say let your body rest as best you can.

Now I gotta start watching Hercules, AND Xena while I still have free Netflix. I miss that show.

Feel better love <3 Enjoy a big bowl of chicken, onion and garlic soup.

Comment

• +2 Naiad's wisdom.
                        +1 Diana's wisdom.

I'm 46 and there are tons of days when I feel lost and unsure and inadequate and ...

as a friend of mine says "Fake it till you make it"

I'm getting pretty good at faking it (most of the time).
                        Last edited by winencandy; 05-05-2011, 08:21 PM.
                        "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
                        "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
                        "Moderation sucks." Suse
                        "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
                        "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• So I've been pretty sick for the last couple of days.

The headaches subsided but the sore throat, the congested nose and the incessant coughing is still around.

Confessional: I've resorted to drugs. Benylin makes me actually... breathe!!! I wanted my body to fight this cold off but I'm too impatiant. Three days of feeling like utter shit is enough.

I wonder what it is though. I haven't been this sick for a long time... Could it really be the deviation from PB?
                          It could be so many things that finally took a toll on me, I probably weakened my immune system with the crap food and the lack of sleep.
                          I really hope I feel better by Monday...

We switched internet companies, from a big one to a lame, indie one. The tech support was utterly useless. They deal with costumers through forums (like, wtf?!) and they sent us a vague paper with random router info, assuming the setup part is self explanatory (not).
                          After a while I realized they're useless, and took matters into my own hands. I established internet connection to all three of our computers.

It's amazing how someone with no technical knowledge of computers and terminology (the thingymajig with the thing) can fix anything almost entirely by mistake. I've been doing that since I was 12.
                          I need to get paid for this shit!

Well, I got a giant BBQ dinner, so that's something!
                          Chicken wings, grilled eggplant, ribs, pork-chops, yums!

After my experience with exercising on a sick day, I decided to take a few days off...
                          My muscles are still sore.

Blah, being sick sucks.
                          My appetite is in the gutter, but I've been sticking to PB, religiously.
                          I even surprised myself today and refused a warm croissant with milk.
                          Could be my lack of interest in food in general.

This video is incestually disturbing, and I intensely dislike commercialized indie-pop-rock band like Kings of Leon, but this song is ridiculously catchy.
                          So whatev.
                          -Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

• OMG Meaty! I'm reading the most fantastic book and it makes me think of you! The author's writing style reminds me of yours, and she's F-ing hilarious! Amazon.com: My Horizontal Life: A Collection of One-Night Stands (9781582346182): Chelsea Handler: Books

Hope you feel better soon. <3 It's ok to resort to drugs in an emergency. Being sick simply sucks.

We switched internet companies, from a big one to a lame, indie one. The tech support was utterly useless. They deal with costumers through forums (like, wtf?!) and they sent us a vague paper with random router info, assuming the setup part is self explanatory (not).
                            After a while I realized they're useless, and took matters into my own hands. I established internet connection to all three of our computers.

It's amazing how someone with no technical knowledge of computers and terminology (the thingymajig with the thing) can fix anything almost entirely by mistake. I've been doing that since I was 12.
                            Haha! I totally do this, and I LOVE it when I fix what the "experts" can't. Maybe it's cuz I love solving puzzles.

BBQ dinner sounds to die for! *want*

Comment

• One night stands? Is this supposed to be a joke?...
                              Since when do I ever get laid... I only slept with one guy in my entire life. And I think he's going to be the last.
                              This chick sounds slutty and demanded. NOT FLATTERED.

I didn't think it was possible but I feel 20 times worse than I did yesterday.
                              Now when I cough it feels like I'm gonna throw up my intestines along with shattering my ribcage.
                              Augh, I wish I could take more than the recommended 2 pills per 6 hours, but the package promises liver damage if I do...
                              *considers to melt and inject the Benylin for quicker relief*

What's a little liver damage if you can stop coughing long enough to finish a sentence?

Did I promise that I'm never deviating from PB again?
                              Well, fuck PB.
                              Maybe I should eat fiber and healthy whole grains, if PB can't save from this torture.
                              I think at this point I'd consider a life of drugs and prostitution as a healthy lifestyle if it guarantees never getting a cold.

Augh.

Help.

This isn't good for my new year's resolution. I'm reconsidering my life's purpose and even missing the ability to choose to exercise (gasp!)

So far I had an apple. But apples are gross. I want more meat and I want to be fed soup and be entertained by a Jensen Ackle look-a-like (also in bed). Is that too much to hope for in life?

:<
                              -Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

• Oh Meaty you have to read it. It's hilarious. She, like you, can take a simple event and weave it into a fabulous story. It starts out with her as a kid, being dared to run into her parents bedroom while they're having sex, and snap a photo. Mom in a nurses hat, dad with a handkerchief around his neck. What she saw scarred her for life. The last bit I just read was about an unfortunate incident with a midget. So far all of her stories seem to be misadventures and other unfortunate incidents- LOL

Feel better Lovie <3 Sending you lots of healing thoughts.

Comment

Working...
                                X