No announcement yet.

Monday Is The Day!/ NoSaladWithoutMeat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats on crossing that off your Goal List! Awesome!

Comment

Meat! I just wanted to pop in and say thanks for defending me on my blog. I had one too many Bloody Marys last night, and consequently my head is bit too foggy at the moment to properly eviscerate those comments. Thanks for having my cyber-back, lol!

Comment

Its always fun to cross goals off!!

Comment

I'm very jealous of your water filters... I know the city water I have to deal with is horrible, but I can't afford filters right now...

Or anything x_x

Be careful about trying to "make up" workouts. It doesn't quite work like that - sort of like making up missed sleep. Better to just resume the schedule, else you could line yourself up for injury/overtraining.

Comment

I'm feeling you on the chocolate O.D. I was getting too attached to Trader Joe's 85% chocolate with almonds. I mean YUM! But before when I would do one square or two in an evening and then none for a few days, i was starting to do it every night and more than 2!

I'm going to keep it out of the house for a while I think.

And yeah, don't worry about making up workouts. I get OCD about it, but I've learned to just say no (to myself!). Same for having a plan to do sprints, and not really feeling it that day. I just don't do it and try another day... I'm trying not to get so SET about everything...

sigpic "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Comment

Maba, Linds - thanks dudettes :]

Shine, yeah, I just get ticked off when people criticize your personal thoughts... it's like, who the hell are you and why are you telling me what to think?

It's like saying "liking the colour blue is wrong"... I especially get annoyed when it comes from pretentious people who think they're intelligent just because they're eloquent, not realizing that it's not how good your grammar is, it's how open minded you are to others!

Aru, you've got raw milk and Amish eggs so shut the hell up!

Or come here use my shower :P

Minxxa, I'd stay away from chocolate personally... Because I haven't had it for weeks and March 8th totally knocked me out into a chocolate-junky state!

I ended up eating 1.5 chocolate packs in 3 days! And the cravings aren't even fully gone! Today I had a dream about drinking Iced Tea and eating a Pastry!

A Primal nightmare pretty much :P

"The penis is the male animal-flower, a soft-firm dildo, a warm dream."
              -Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

I had an IF day yesterday.

I think.

Does it count if you're sleeping?

I didn't sleep all night, then I did my workout, cleaned the house, got showered and was even motivated enough to go for a walk... but ALAS, life had other plans.

I was getting to a really good part in The Primal Blueprint (I'm reading it for the 3d time and yet everything sounds completely new to me... makes me question my reading skills... :/) and BAM, I wake up it's 4PM. My mom was saying something as I scurried by her on my way to the bathroom, I grumbled something.

Then I was gonna read again and I woke up at 3AM and wasn't sure where the hell I was.

Nice.

For my 3AM breakfast I had some beef cubes with shredded carrots.

My parents made it for me in the false hope that I'd actually wake up for dinner.

They also, kindly, left me to do their dirty dishes... THANKS!

T_T

I have some money so I can finally live out my fantasy and go to A FARMER'S MARKET!

The second part of my fantasy is knowing the French names for all the vegetables, but so far all I know is... "Viande"

"ENCORE VIANDE, ENCORE VIANDE!"

- is all you'll hear me yell at the French market.

:]

-Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

I say it counts as IF, even if you're sleeping. I haven't had one of those days in a long time, but sometimes it feels so luxurious to sleep all day and eat whenever you feel like it.

Farmers markets are magical, wonderful places where exciting things happen with food. I'm eagerly awaiting the opening of one near here. I have to drive an hour to get to it, but it's SO worth it. That's where I spend 3/4 of my Saturdays.

http://www.ithacamarket.com

Comment

Danish, you always eat good food!

-Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

Wow... Today was... tiring but eventful and fun!

I did Sprints (love'em!), and discovered there's a small stadium by my house (how the hell did I miss it?! I should walk around more).

I also exercised and went on a weird/lame tour of Montreal.

That didn't workout because my dad was driving and my mom was giving "helpful" guidance like "Oh, that stone bunny is cute". They were arguing there and back and kept stopping to look at the map but couldn't find anything.

We did get to a St. Joseph church place and lit some candles. We also bought angel pins... My dad got an "angel of success", my mom got a "get well" angel, and I tried to explain to her that it means "getting over a sickness" but she said it means "getting wealthy"... she bought it anyways, my mom is something...

And I got an "angel of guidance" because I can never make a decision... (ask anyone).

So, three atheists walk into a church...

No, not a joke - my family trip.

Heh, basically we were less than excited and kept on vandalizing the place. We even started throwing coins on some rock to see which coin gets stuck on there. Then we lit candles, even though you had to make a donation first, heh. I burned myself like 12 times - God must hate me.

Then we finally left, and the Church sighed a sigh of relief.

We were going to hike at Mont Royal but we were too beat so we went to eat at a Chinese restaurant instead.

OH MY GOD, I had no idea roasted duck was this amazing! Ahhhh, I can eat it alllll day!

I even neglected my spareribs (they had honey on them though :/)

But I'll probably be forced to eat them today; I'll wash them though, they're too sweet.

I also had a spoonful of fried rice... Augh, it was hard... I wanted that rice!

In the morning I had a smoothie: 1/2 apple, banana, avocado, strawberries, wild blueberries.

But I keep thinking that I'm eating too many fruits :/

I'm so beat I can barely walk and I'm sleepy. But it's a good day and I took pictures of some cat Graffiti that I found down town Montreal.

I've also discovered than an alarming number of girls wear tights...

It's so rare to see them in pants... just tights... and they're all so skinny it makes me feel like a giant whale.

Not to mention I had no make up on and these sweat pants on, and I looked huge!

Augh.

Anyways.

*passes out*

-Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

Hahaha, I'm LOLing at the Troll posts today... Man, how pathetic do you have to be? Even I don't spend so much time here, and I love it here!

Ah well, today I had artery clogging pork ribs for breakfast and dinner.

If I don't check in tomorrow, tell the Vegan he/she/it was right and I died.

But if I die, I die with a smile on my face - 'cause I had some fucking tasty ribs.

:]

-Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

Hey Salad, those ribs sound good! I want some. How's the sleeping thing going? I'm having a bad sleeping night it seems. I was tired and went to bed early, at about 9pm and woke up about half past midnight. Now I can't sleep so I'm on here, feeding trolls.

Also, you should try roast your own duck, it's great done right I roasted one a few days ago and am still revelling in the awesomeness. Made plum sauce to go with it as well. mmmmmmmmm. plus you can render all the fat that drips off and use it to cook things. I roasted carrots and parsnips and onions in the fat, and they tasted divine. Maybe you can get one at your farmer's market?

Apparently I suck at life, so I'm crowd-sourcing my decisions, and sharing what I learn.

My fresh start in London

Comment

I'm supposed to be fasting; damn all this delicious talk about roasted duck and ribs-Im gravitating toward the kitchen. Hats off to you, Chris! I ve never made it at home before.

Glad to hear that your skin's doing better! Ahh, sprints, sleeping then eating- livin the good life!

French: fat= le lard, le gras. There! That, and 'viande', and you're all set for the market.

Im waiting for the 'tights phenomenom' to blow over too. Im always wondering how girls manage to click around campus with skin-tight leggins and high heels all day. how do they do that? what would happen if there was a fire?

Comment

http://www.thehungrymouse.com/2009/02/11/the-best-way-to-roast-a-duck-hello-crispy-skin/

Good roast duck recipe, easy to follow and great results, but skip the honey glaze.

I really want to try to make duck confit soon.

I never wait for fashion phenomenons to blow over, the next one is always just as ridiculous. Today I wore a pair of jeans I bought about 6 years ago, and I generally just wear things that are durable and fit well. I'll save my rant about fashion for another day though. I'm off back to sleep

* passes out *

Apparently I suck at life, so I'm crowd-sourcing my decisions, and sharing what I learn.

My fresh start in London

Comment

Chris, goddamn! That duck looked so good, I think the picture alone raised my insulin. Now you've done it, I'm breaking my fast and going to the store to grab me some duck.

Someday, we'll have a fashion rant, it would need well rested people to do it justice. 6 years!!? Pls point me to the store, I'm a starving student tired of patching up my jeans.

Comment

Working...
                                X