Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Akrasia: skin-picking accountability journal.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Akrasia: skin-picking accountability journal.

Since going off the pill my skin has broken out and I've developed a terrible habit of picking at imperfections and popping pimples, which makes it 10000x worse. I do it while thinking "STOP YOU'LL REGRET THIS!!" but I don't stop.

I've decided that every day I'll post whether I've succeeded or not. To start with I'm aiming for 10 days without picking at my skin at all. Nowhere on my body. No simgle flake of skin or blocked pore. No scratching. No fidgeting. Nothing. No excuses.

Wish me luck!

Hi! Good luck Oh, I have the same problem with messing with my zits when they happen. Maybe I'll try with you and see how far we both get?
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

Comment

Originally posted by Alessandra View Post
      Hi! Good luck Oh, I have the same problem with messing with my zits when they happen. Maybe I'll try with you and see how far we both get?
      Definitely join me. Extra motivation in groups!

Comment

I will definitely check in! I have been a nose picker my whole life and it's very embarrassing. I just like having a clean nose! Getting my allergies sorted out will probably help though.
        Depression Lies

Comment

On my second successful day!

Comment

Ooh ooh can I join?!!

I have KP, and I pick at my arms and legs, scarring them horribly, all the while thinking "STOP IT!" but feel compulsed to keep squeezing and picking.
            The more I see the less I know for sure.
            -John Lennon

Comment

Originally posted by lil_earthmomma View Post
              Ooh ooh can I join?!!

I have KP, and I pick at my arms and legs, scarring them horribly, all the while thinking "STOP IT!" but feel compulsed to keep squeezing and picking.
              Yeh join. I have KP too on my legs and I've included it in my 10 day challenge.

Comment

CRUD! I have to start over today. Dangit, I completely forgot that I decided to do this and messed with a zit this morning.
                Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

Comment

When things are so habitual its easy to forget. Start again. Maybe in the mornings post in this thread announcing the beginning of a new day that will challenge you. Alternatively, I've found that in the past I've had some success throwing a sheet or towel over the mirror because I usually commit my offenses while looking in the mirror and then I can't forget.

Comment

I forgot yesterday too. I'm putting a post-it note over my computer at work that says "CHALLENGE" to remind me not to pick at my face or pick my nose.
                    Depression Lies

Comment

Ive had 3 successful days so far and the fourth day has just begun. How is everyone else going?

Comment

Yesterday wasn't so good, but it could have been much worse. My old manager is right, you can tell when I'm getting stressed cause I'll just pick at the stuff. Today is much better. Pretty much no stress right now.

Comment

5th day is just beginning. I've been successful so far but yesterday was haaarrdd!

Comment

My weekend went okay. I've been forgetting more today at work than I did over the weekend, and I have my reminder post-it here, not at home! I guess it's mostly boredom.
                            Depression Lies

Comment

Last night was bad for me. I was really upset about something and before I knew what was going on, I had picked at my legs a bunch. Ugh!
                              The more I see the less I know for sure.
                              -John Lennon

Comment

Working...
                              X