No announcement yet.

The Yo-yo is OVER!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exciting day with the arrival of our son and grandbaby.. I thought I would eat huge due to the 3 days of fast instead I only ate some seasoned bison!

I am working several hours tomorrow and have an early hike before so I think I will fast until dinner and we are having wild cocho salmon and greens I think?

It's been a long day and I am exhausted so I am doing something rare for me and heading to bed early..
    Night all..
    BTW my weigh-in is usually Tuesday, do you guys have a specific day?

Comment

well I'm a bad girl & weigh every damn day!!! It helps keep me focused. And yes sometimes it bums me out when I'm up a little bit...but overall it still helps. I have weighed almost every day for the last 30 years...even when I wasn't dieting...so doubt I would be able to change it now! lol

enjoy your hike in the morning! I'm heading for bed myself!
      Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

I weigh everyday too. I took 30 days off once and gained 3 lbs - 3 real pounds. I too went to sleep earlier than usual last night. Hoping to do the same tonight and since tomorrow is saturday, no alarm clock is going to wake up me at any ungodly hour! Enjoy your hike and time with your son and grandbaby!
        Primal since March 5, 2012
        SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

Yep, I weigh every day too, except the last three -- because I think I'm going up. Extra stress. Going to try to get back on target today.

I went to bed early last night because I thought the electricity had gone out and didn't want to go downstairs and deal with it. Turned out it was just my lightbulb in my bedside lamp. Funny!

Comment

Oh, wow! COPD is not good. I just looked it up. Wow! How long are they staying? I just visualized an outdoor shower for all smokers and then bathrobes in your house for said smokers:-)

I know what you mean. Well, I had my pathetic and now I've got my sense of humor back. Will post morning in my journal so you don't have to be infected by it twice:-) -- it actually ended up on primalcajun's journal!

Yes, a 30 pound immediate drop in weight would really make me feel like life was looking grand! And it'd be so much easier to take it when everyone else is losing 30 pounds in two days:-):-):-)
            Last edited by lopisheep; 03-23-2012, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lopisheep View Post
              I went to bed early last night because I thought the electricity had gone out and didn't want to go downstairs and deal with it. Turned out it was just my lightbulb in my bedside lamp. Funny!
              lmao!!

The whole not losing thing is driving me nuts too. I have 80-100 lbs to lose and I've lost 3. Yep... 3. In 3 weeks. I can't help but wonder if it'd be different if i was more disciplined on the weekends. This weekend is going to be the test. I am going to be perfect this weekend and see what happens.

My husband loses weight when he sneezes and I wanna stab him too... but I wanna use a spoon so it's more painful than it would be with a pencil. lol

Perk up! Be patient. No sense in stressing about it. Just do what you know is right. Eventually, your body will get the hint.
              Last edited by jenn26point2; 03-23-2012, 12:59 PM.

Comment

jenn26point2 -- You are so right. Maybe you could start baking him cakes and cookies -- his favorite kind:-) Of course, that could backfire if you like cakes and cookies.

I am not known for patience with myself. I do have my sense of humor back, but have still not eaten today -- and I'm not going to until I can figure out what I can and can't eat. Note the "I'm not going to...." It is now a given that I will eat soon!
                Last edited by lopisheep; 03-23-2012, 01:56 PM.

Comment

**HIGH FIVE** I think that's a great decision. I've stayed at pretty much the same weight for the last three months while trying very hard to eat well and exercise consistently. I notice that my acne is gone for the first time in a decade, that my body is getting more toned and that I'm definitely getting stronger. But I'm not noticing any weight loss. There are a lot of factors that could be involved - hormones balancing out, too much stress (I'm unemployed and at the parents'). So after fidgeting and worrying a lot about certain foods, exact calorie counts, exercises, etc. then not seeing any scale difference, I'm giving myself a break away from the scale. Until I get a job and that alleviates a huge amount of stress, I'll focus on the weight thing again. In the meantime, I need to find peace with the health benefits I have found living this way and just enjoy making more of these habits second-nature. Then when I am ready to fiddle with things again, I'll already be used to eating healthy and exercising regularly.
                  Starting weight: 225
                  Current weight: 195
                  Goal: One pull-up by December 31, 2012
                  Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
                  My Primal Journey

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Comment

Originally posted by longing2bfit
                    Good Morning to me

So I am doing something new for the month Of April~I am doing a self challenge of sorts.. I was realy thinking about this at work all night..

I am challenging myself to only think about health and how good I feel all month. Every food choice I make will be healthy and I will tune in to how it makes me feel, how it fuels my body and cell renewal, what foods are for specific things I want like skin, hair, nails, wrinkles, cellulite etc. I am going to put weight loss as a secondary goal and learn to really embrace how much healthier I have become. a year and a half ago I could not barely climb a flight of stairs without needing a breathing treatment, yesterday I went on a 10 mile hike/climb at a pretty good pace and I kept up and have limited soreness today, and after a 5 hour hike I worked a double shift! I could not have done that a year ago!! I am going to dwell on those facts instead of wondering why the damn scales aren't moving!

Even though this officially my April challenge I am starting today. My only rules are eat healthy, enjoy what I eat, appreciate my own physical fitness level, lighten up and enjoy every minute of every day, laugh often, play alot, and keep journaling Hey I can do that!!
                    Well this is downright scary!!! I just read this after posting in my own journal & it seems we have all come to the same conclusions at the same time!!!! go us!!! I'm looking forward to April being a great month! (but I'm also starting now!)

Comment

This list came from an articel that PC posted a link too. For lowering our stress.

■Learn to say “no”. Know your limits, and don’t take on projects or commitments you can’t handle.(I actually have started doing this and I am getting better at it all the time!)
                      ■Avoid people who stress you out. You know the kind of person I’m talking about. Drama kings and queens. People who are constantly taking and never giving. Limit your time with these people or avoid them entirely.(I will work on this one more!)
                      ■Turn off the news (or at least limit your exposure to it). If watching the world go up in flames stresses you out, limit your exposure to the news. You’ll still find out what’s going on, and still be able to act as a concerned citizen. But you’ll have more time for yourself. I stopped getting the paper years ago, and don’t even have TV. And believe it or not I’m still well-informed. The difference is I get to choose what I’m exposed to(I have stopped watching the news on TV and only read what I want now on yahoo)
                      ■Give up pointless arguments. This is especially true for useless internet debating. There is obviously a place for discussion and debate, and working towards change. But have you noticed that most arguments don’t lead to change? In fact, they tend to have the opposite effect – each side becomes more defended and entrenched in their worldview. Find other ways to get your point across, learn to listen with empathy, and don’t waste precious time and energy trying to convert fundamentalists to your religion.(do this already)
                      ■Escape the tyranny of your to-do list. Each day spend some time in the morning really considering what needs to be done that day. Drop unimportant tasks to the bottom of the list. Better yet, cross them off entirely. The world will go on.(lists actually make me feel less stress)

Comment

great article wasn't it CJ? I'm going to print it out as well so I'll have it to read again & again in April!!

its a beautiful day here & need to get my rear in gear!! I just had to catch up with everyone first!!

have a super sunday!!!

Comment

longing2bfit - "My current weight is someone else's goal weight!" That's a good one.

Reading your April plans. Does that mean no weighing? And no stressing over food? Wow. Such fun. I definitely see you doing it. Funny thing is, you'll probably lose twice as much as if you'd stressed and counted and weighed:-)

Yep, I started out worn out with other issues and adding the confusion of figuring out an individual primal lifestyle was probably not in anybody's best interests. Mental exhaustion and stress do not add up to clear thinking. Your April month sounds like a great plan.

Comment

LOL..I wish I could be that 'cool' about it but I will still weigh I just refuse to be defined by the number..

Comment

Yeh, I so relate. Love those Catch 22's like weighing!

Originally posted by longing2bfit View Post
                              LOL..I wish I could be that 'cool' about it but I will still weigh I just refuse to be defined by the number..

Comment

Originally posted by longing2bfit
                                I am challenging myself to only think about health and how good I feel all month. Every food choice I make will be healthy and I will tune in to how it makes me feel, how it fuels my body and cell renewal, what foods are for specific things I want like skin, hair, nails, wrinkles, cellulite etc. I am going to put weight loss as a secondary goal and learn to really embrace how much healthier I have become. a year and a half ago I could not barely climb a flight of stairs without needing a breathing treatment, yesterday I went on a 10 mile hike/climb at a pretty good pace and I kept up and have limited soreness today, and after a 5 hour hike I worked a double shift! I could not have done that a year ago!! I am going to dwell on those facts instead of wondering why the damn scales aren't moving!
                                I have been doing this same thing. Because losing weight can be so stressful, I'm focusing more on the fact that my ancestors ate this way, it's unaltered food, and it's good for me. And since I want to be here to know my children (they're really young), my grandchildren and great-grandchildren, it's more important that I be healthy than a size 6. A size 6 would be nice, but it's not important.

Comment

Working...
                                X