No announcement yet.

The Yo-yo is OVER!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think you can kick this! You can be tough, I know it. If you get hungry while fasting, a spoon of coconut oil helps. Don't give up. I agree with you. It's all a pain in the butt (pun intended).

My plan for a bit is:
    Breakfast: Supplements: B12, C, D3, and cod liver oil. White-pomegranate tea with a bit of cream.
    Lunch: A BAS with lots of vegetables (raw and/or cooked), lots of fresh salad greens, some fruit, and an olive oil and orange dressing with Himilayan sea salt, pepper and some raisins and then some protein -- whatever I want, even if it's cheese.
    Dinner (late): One cup of hot organic milk with raw cacao and raw cacao nibs, turmeric, and a bit of fresh dates for sweetener.

Four days ago, I though I could never manage with just lunch, but it's getting easier. I am going to cut vitamin C as soon as I'm done with the bottle, as oranges ought to do the trick. I get muscle cramps in my legs sometimes -- thus the milk - turmeric - cacao mixture at night. I get tired of adding supplements. So, I'll end up with B12, D3, and cod liver oil.

Maybe you could try something along that line, but putting in the things you like. Maybe the body just needs a hell of a surprise.

I agree with you totally about tracking and weighing. For me, skipping the tracking but weighing everyday works. And if you work something out at lunch with a ton of vegies (maybe not potato and sweet potato:-)) and then all protein you wanted so you are happy and satisfied, it might work. You'll have made it through half of the day and get to do it again tomorrow. In the mornings you wake up and only have to make it until lunch with your coffee and cream or whatever your choice. In the evening, I think a nice drink is warming and good for sleep, but for you it might be a little of something else.

Just ideas. But yes, tomorrow is a fresh day and you can start all over. It IS the first day of the rest of your life, and you can do it. I'm thinking the evening thing should be something you'd never want to binge on, but something that tastes good. Taste is of utmost importance for me. If it doesn't taste good, it's like I haven't eaten!

Carry on. Tomorrow is a new day and, BTW, if it's okay with you to say, what is this amazing job you have where you go away and come back and don't seem to hate it. Okay, I'm thinking you go out and train a horse or feed the sheep, or brush the goats, or check on the garden (well, I'm not sure what part of the world you're in, so maybe you're like me in the NW of the US and don't have gardens yet).

Yes, I like the idea of a new day tomorrow. Eat lunch until happy -- even the gray dairy area -- but everything else primal. Just an idea, of course.

Hey, pepperoncini can have a lot of crap in them that makes one retain water. I just noticed you'd had that when I was trying to figure out where you were from. Maybe that's the issue right there. It is amazing what .... is in some stuff. I do see you use Himalayan, so we're good there.

Hang on in there. It will work.
    Last edited by lopisheep; 03-20-2012, 06:37 PM.

Comment

I am almost through the day of fasting!Yay~ I actually feel better already.

I did drink some warm tea and later plan to have my own special cocktail of tumeric, cayenne, and cinnamon! Sounds terrible but is very soothing for me.

I Really like all of your suggestions Pam!! I was thinking of something along those lines already. Once in my 20's I lost a ton of weight by having all of my food before 3 pm everyday!

So my plan looks like this:
      breakfast herbal tea with lemon

lunch, veggies and protien

before bed my herb cocktail.

And continue with my walking and heavy lifting and thinking positive.If all else fails I can perhaps use the carving knife :| (J/K)

Comment

Your plan looks absolutely perfect. Yep, I like it

Question: You just mix turmeric, cinnamon, and cayenne in hot water with nothing else? This I gotta try.

Well, if you and I stick to this for (how long?) and it doesn't work, instead of carving knives, let's just be GI Jane types and go on water and cut all our hair off (okay, forget the hair part).

Originally posted by longing2bfit View Post
        I am almost through the day of fasting!Yay~ I actually feel better already.

I did drink some warm tea and later plan to have my own special cocktail of tumeric, cayenne, and cinnamon! Sounds terrible but is very soothing for me.

I Really like all of your suggestions Pam!! I was thinking of something along those lines already. Once in my 20's I lost a ton of weight by having all of my food before 3 pm everyday!

So my plan looks like this:
        breakfast herbal tea with lemon

lunch, veggies and protien

before bed my herb cocktail.

And continue with my walking and heavy lifting and thinking positive.If all else fails I can perhaps use the carving knife :| (J/K)

Comment

hi longing...just noticed you recently started your journal so thought I'd pop in & say hi & welcome! Sounds like you are having some of the same issues that some of us are having. I did a 24 hr fast & didn't lose anything day before yesterday! I've hit a brick wall for about the last month or so & can't seem to get past it. But I know this is the right way to eat & maybe it just takes time for the body to heal. I'm not a very patient person tho!! I weigh every day & my weight goes up & down, but I try to rely more on the tape measure. Also if you're working out you could also be gaining some muscle & eventually the weight will start coming off. At least that's what I keep telling myself! lol

One thing I was thinking about while reading your posts that you & others might keep in mind. I don't know how old you are...did I read in your 40's? But you could be entering the early stages of menopause. I couldn't lose weight for the life of me while I was going thru it. Thank goodness I'm several years past it now. Just something I thought I'd throw out there.

I'll be following your journal...I like the way you write & it sounds like you have a great sense of humor!

Have a great evening!! And just stick with us!! We can do this!!! Pam & I are bound & determined to make it below the big 2-0-0 by April 1st!!!
          Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

*any male visitors may wanna just skip this post!* lol

CJ...oh you're welcome! I was done with manypaws when I was 53! I was soooo happy! I didn't have hardly any 'symptoms' (with the exception of heavy clotting etc during TOM) & just breezed right thru it. My mom & grandma didn't have any problems either & my grandma was even done in her late 40's. I wasn't so lucky!

I will probably do another fast in the next week. It wasn't all that difficult to do & I think it really gives the body time to rest.

Stick with us baby!! Who knows where we'll end up! lol

Comment

If it helps any, I used to think it would be impossible to enjoy food without dairy. But it's really an afterthought for me now. I keep myself from freaking out or feeling guilty if a menu doesn't offer a non-dairy primal option (paleo), but I'm better without it. I didn't get cravings under control until it was gone because it spikes your insulin worse than anything - far worse than the crappiest candy bar or most processed piece of bread you can think of! My acne is now gone for the first time in more than a decade and I notice it's completely connected to dairy consumption.

Other creamy things you can enjoy in dairy's place include avocado and full-fat coconut milk (the kind that separates into solids and water - yom, yom!). Come to think of it, I think those two things are really what helped me wean off dairy. Now I don't need to eat coconut milk or avocado that often either (definitely did in the beginning!).
              Starting weight: 225
              Current weight: 195
              Goal: One pull-up by December 31, 2012
              Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
              My Primal Journey

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Comment

great post CJ!!! I always try to have an "attitude of gratitude" every day!!! Its hard to be kind & gentle to ourselves sometime...especially if you're one of those folks that have no patience & want to be skinny RIGHT NOW! lol Like me!

I have to remind myself constantly that slow & steady wins the race!! But its hard! But then no one said the path to health & fitness was gonna be an easy one! Thankfully we have such great support! This is the first time I've ever tried to lose weight with this much support to draw from! I think it makes all the difference, especially when you get discouraged.

have an wonderful wednesday!!!

Comment

These two ingredients are used often in recpes for gluten free products and I have seen guar gum listed for years on commercial products. So what is the primal stance on them?

A question I am seeking advice on from the main forum but wanted to also ask here

"Guar gum comes from the endosperm of the seed of the legume plant Cyamopsis tetragonolobus. Cyamopsis tetragonolobus is an annual plant, grown in arid regions of India as a food crop for animals."

"Xanthun Gum comes from corn and it is a slimy gel produced by the bacterium Xanthomonas campestris, which causes black rot on cruciferous vegetables such as cauliflower and broccoli. The slime protects the bacterium from viruses, and prevents it from drying out."

Comment

those are excellent affirmations CJ!!! I love 'em. Will have to think about some for me! And Thankful Thursdays!! I really love that!!! So let's all try to post something we're thankful for on our first post to our journals on Thursday mornings!!! K?

Comment

I love that idea so much~ I hope others will give it a go also

So I am making a quick entry to take some notes firstly I checked my blood sugar out of curiousity and found it an 84. I posted to ask if this seemed normal and I am thinking it is acceptable Also in googling discovered that it could also mean I do NOT have hypothyroidism

Finally starting feeling hungry about 2pm today. Not bothering me but probably not a good time to be reading the recipe forum either:|

PS apparently I am developing a smiley addiction, note to self; *must use smileys more sparingly*

Comment

Okay, I lost track. How many days have you been fasting? Sometimes, when fasting, I found the only way to get through the boredom of no taste was exactly that -- looking at wonderfully healthy recipes. I bet you're under 200. Gosh! I hope I don't have to fast to get there by the end of the month:-( When I was thin, I often fasted and it seemed easy. I seem to rebel against it now. It is so cool that you are doing it. I may just have to in order to reach my goal this month.

I like your smileys!

Originally posted by longing2bfit View Post
                        I love that idea so much~ I hope others will give it a go also

So I am making a quick entry to take some notes firstly I checked my blood sugar out of curiousity and found it an 84. I posted to ask if this seemed normal and I am thinking it is acceptable Also in googling discovered that it could also mean I do NOT have hypothyroidism

Finally starting feeling hungry about 2pm today. Not bothering me but probably not a good time to be reading the recipe forum either:|

PS apparently I am developing a smiley addiction, note to self; *must use smileys more sparingly*

Comment

Well, next time you fast, just view my breakfasts -- tea and supplements and ignore the rest:-)

Funny, I always think I eat way more than everyone else and that lex26 (our Lex) is starving to death!

Originally posted by longing2bfit
                          Hi Pam, that's amazing that you can look at recipes while fasting. I almost lost the fast in here yesterday reading everyones daily meals. lol.. I have come to the conclusion that I really eat a lot more than others or at least it seems so by viewing the meals. I hope this fast helps me cut my portions down!

Comment

and sometimes I worry that I'm not eating enough!! I'm generally under 1200 calories a day...but I feel like I'm eating enough! (except of course when I'm fasting.)

Comment

YAY! Just finished reading your journal. Great job with your fast. When I was in my early 20's I would spend weeks only eating lunch. It didn't seem weird or wrong. I just didn't eat. And of course, i was at what is now my goal weight - 140 - during that time. My body has become so conditioned to eating 3-6x a day thanks to CW. I am working on that by not snacking anymore. Then I'll cut breakfast. Cutting dinner will be a tough one since I am the cook at home... Might be forced to eat dinner and skip breakfast and lunch... we'll see when the time comes.

Good luck with the rest of the fast. Maybe you'll drop to 200 by tomorrow and be below 200 before next week?
                              Primal since March 5, 2012
                              SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

I like the idea of having an eating window like your 10-3. I already save some of the meals I make at night and put them in the fridge for the next day. But definitely on my fasting days, I'll do what you suggested and make a plate for the next day and not eat that night. Good idea.

You know, I used to worry about my kids skipping dinner (they're 5 and 2). We'd demand they sit down and eat, but they'd say "I'm not hungry" and we'd get upset that they'd be hungry later or malnourished, etc... Now I won't worry about it b/c we are trying to train ourselves not to eat when we're not hungry, so we should respect the same with our kids. Kids are so smart!
                                Primal since March 5, 2012
                                SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

Working...
                                X