Primal Journal, Alessandra

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primal Journal, Alessandra

So, I guess I'll start one of these journal deals today. After reading the post on red meats and the questionares, I hope I get my log a little bit more accurate.

B: Three egg omelet with yellow squash, one leaf of red chard, diced up yellow onion, and diced green bell pepper. Hmm, looks like I almost forgot the bacon! Two pieces of Applegate Farms Sunday Bacon.

S: No clue the actual measurement, but about 2 handfuls of blueberries, XOXOX Dark Chocolate 77%, about 10 macadamia nuts (that's about how many were left in the bag)

L: Two 1/4 grilled burgers (seasoned with salt, garlic powder, and some parm cheese), baby cut carrots, diced cucumbers, lettuce, and more yellow squash. Homemade salad dressing (mix of extra virgin olive oil, apple cider vinegar, water, herbs de provence, garlic, and sea salt) Small avacado

D: Blue Sky burger! Much juicier than my somewhat dried burgers from the night before. No bun, with lettuce, pickle chips, two slices tomato, mayo, and mustard. Yes, fries, boo on my sudden desire to use Lowry's Seasoned Salt, but it happened. Iced Tea, unsweet.

Any other drinks during the day were water. It's pretty dry out here in Amarillo, so water is my friend.
    Today we had a somewhat active day at work, if not a little stressful in the morning, but nothing that couldn't be handled as a team. Very fast paced, but I sort of like when that happens, the day goes by quicker.

Played about 40 minutes of sand volleyball with my kid, Gabi. We stopped when I realized she's completely lost interest, like staring down at her feet and having more fun playing with her toes in the sand.

It's been a good day, especially hunger wise. I was actually ready to attack lunch when it finally rolled around. Plus, I wasn't really hunger until dinner hit, which was about 6 hours later. Not bad.
    Last edited by Alessandra; 03-15-2012, 03:25 AM.
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

Okay, so here's the latest picture I have, from Jan of this year.
    dscn3295.jpg
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

Comment

Welcome, Alessandra! Best of luck on your primal journey.
      Liberalism: ideas so good they have to be mandatory.

Comment

Hi Alessandra, I'm new this month, too, but have a lot more weight to lose than you.
        Good luck on your journey!
        sigpicFrom Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
        New Member March 2012
        Height: 5'
        CW March 2012: 174lbs
        GW: 135lbs

My PB Journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread49705.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Comment

Thank you Adam! Hello Souixzee Nice to meet a fellow newbie!

Comment

Phew! What a day today I was busy pretty much all day today and it was a nice enough day to leave our hangar doors open. I love when that happens. Plus, I got to eat dinner with a friend whom I don't get to see much anymore. Eating sort of fell by the wayside tonight, but I'm not mad at myself for it.

B: 2 slices of thick bacon, some brisket, sauteed green bell peppers, and onions

S: Cup of mixed berries, handful and a half of mixed nuts, no peanuts though

L: Cup chicken breast meat, 2 hard boiled eggs, 6 thick slices of cucumbers, 6-7 cherry tomatoes, some shredded carrots, and a balsamic/olive oil mix. 1 small red delicious apple

S: not sure how much, but thick slice of organic colby jack cheese to tie me over till dinner.

D: One 10 oz Ruby Tequilla's house margarita, frozen. Half rack of ribs and half the dinner salad. Yes, I had the tortilla chips and salsa. I couldn't stay away.

Drinks, other than that rita at dinner, water as usual.

Workout this morning:
            Pushups:1st set 14 2nd set 12
            Squats:1st set 50 2nd set 50
            Pullups:1st set 2 A 2nd set 2 A
            Plank: 1st 1 min 2nd 1:10 min

My daughter and I played around with our Jai Alai set and the frisbee for about 30 mins total today, then went for about a 1/2 mile walk to the ATM and back. Overall, today was pretty decent. The weather was warm and not windy, a feat all on it's own out here. It's that time of the year for the wind to be a buzzkill, but we shall work around that

Comment

Yikes, last night was not a good night for me after going to bed. I think Ruby's ribs and my stomach got into a battle of some sorts. That's a first for me, I don't usually have any problems with food from restaurants.

Comment

At the end of the day, I didn't eat much. Part of me was scared to try to eat too much because I didn't know if I'd keep it down, the other part thought, maybe eating less would be good for today anyway.

B: 3 pieces thick slice bacon
                S: Cup of mixed berries
                L: Two hard boiled eggs
                S: 2 handful of mixed nuts (no peanute)
                D: (this was more like a snack than anything else) Dark chocolate almond bar and one butter knife's worth of almond butter

Drinks: Mostly water, but I had a vanilla cappuccino from the vending machine to help rid me of a headache.

While I was just as busy today at work, my body seemed to be okay without as much food today. The afternoon sort became stressful at work, but I was able to handle it. It was this morning at work that I was out of it. Splitting headache which was made worse when I was trying to get some work done while laying down on the ground. Not fun, I finally just got up and stood for a while. It only got worse once I had to put my work goggles and headset on. However, the ibuprofen did start to kick in and was made better by a form of drinkable coffee. I don't normally drink coffee or cappuccino's, but if I have a headache, I'll down a cup to help. On the occasion, I'll drink a frappe. I actually almost did that tonight when I was at B&N, but ended up stopping myself when I realized I didn't want that much sugar cause I had a dark chocolate almond bar waiting on me at home. The neighbor girl downstairs is selling them for a fundraiser, which means they are probably completely all sorts of wrong for me, but I really wasn't too concerned about that this evening. I think my low calorie intake and low carb intake sort of takes care of it.

I didn't really workout today either because I had like zero motivation to move this morning, so just getting out of bed after the night I had was a push. This is very unusual for me as I am a morning person. Oh well, upset and karate chop you up stomach problems happen. It'll be okay in the long run. May IF tomorrow, but I'll make sure to take my vitamins and thyroid stuff. I almost bought some Kefir today, but I realized I already take a probiotic in the mornings. So, I wasn't sure I wanted to spend extra money on more. I did pick up some selenium to aid with the thyroid cap I'm currently taking. Ahhh, Natural Grocers, I think I spend more time there than I do my other grocery store!

Well, it's Friday night without my daughter cause she's spending the night downstairs. So, I'm watching a little Dateline NBC. Yeap, tonight's show is the same case as 20/20! I was hoping to channel hop and get two different cases, but no dice. Maybe next time?

Tomorrow we don't have work, so I'm going to get some Saturday apt cleaning, and maybe hit up the outdoors for some hiking or whatever the kid and I can find to do.

Comment

So, I thought I might post some fun pictures for the night before I think about hitting the pillow up for some sleep.
                  cannibal pumpkin.jpg
                  My pumpkin ate your pumpkins for Halloween, 2011

Comment

Some pictures from our vacation back home in Virginia Beach.

toes in the water.jpg
                    at the beach on my 32 birthday.jpg
                    under the pier.jpg
                    Last edited by Alessandra; 03-17-2012, 02:38 AM.

Comment

Okay, two more, last one! At least for tonight. I love having fun with Trunk or Treat at my church, so in 2010, I was Amelia Earhart after her plane crashed. The second pretty much shows what my daughter and I are like, always goofing off and having a good time. That picture is about 3 years old.

Trunk or Treat 2010.jpg
                      goofing off with my kid.jpg

Comment

Nice Photos
                        "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
                        "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
                        "Moderation sucks." Suse
                        "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
                        "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

Thanks, we have fun when we can. Woke up a little hungry this morning, but the belly is still recovering. I think I'll keep it to a minimum again today. I'm planning on hitting up the movie theater with my daughter this afternoon, but no popcorn! That stuff will just make it worse. Might have to sneak in something in my hippie bag. It's about time to get the Saturday cleaning done anyway. Our dishwasher is retaining water, so all dishes need to be done by hand. The upside is, it'll keep me busy and sort of be my wakeup call this morning

Comment

What a blast tonight! I went out bowling with my Tuesday night small group and another small group. Galaxy bowl started right in the middle of our 2 round and caught me off guard, but I still managed a strike! Score! However, we may have to change our name to The One Pin Bandits. Most of the night, we all seemed to leave at least one pin behind. I think it was something with the lanes, but who knows. For most of the day, I did really good with eating, but I bowled on an empty stomach which left me hyper yet focused.

B: 2 strips of bacon
                            L: Half a corned beef sandwich from Jason's Deli, no bread. Probably about less than an ounce of whatever chips they serve and 4 big strawberries
                            D: (which was at like almost 10 at night) OH NO! Not the bread rolls! I went for one, but they had two stuck together when I pulled them out of the basket. I couldn't turn them back in cause we were all hyper and they were encouraging and I was so hungry. Note to self, bowling on an empty stomach late at night is a bad idea. One stuffed mushroom, Chicken Carciofi without the linguini, and water. I wanted the Italian Cream Cake, but I passed on that one.

This weekend has been nothing but cave time for me. I love when that happens! I started reading the book that my bookclub has taken up for this month. Page turner like crazy. I had to step away from it just to get ready to go out tonight. Anyway, Happy Saint Patrick's Day everyone! G'night to all

Comment

Twas a good Sunday morning, once I finally decided to get up. I had to remind myself that I work in the youth group cafe at church so I wouldn't try to sleep in. Unfortunately, I still showed up late because I wanted to make sure I worked out this morning. Bad Alessandra, I can't do that anymore. I'm starting my second 4 weeks of 10 Minute Trainer this morning. I was all over the idea of getting all three recommended workouts done this morning without really thinking about being late. Thankfully, we weren't busy this morning, but I need to try not to do that again.

I skipped out on breakfast this morning in an attempt to IF after last night's late night meal, but also to train my body to not be so hungry in the mornings when I do eat that late. That's very rare for me to eat past 8:30 or really even 7. So, it worked for the most part. I made it till about 2 this afternoon before we ate lunch. Does anyone have any idea what BW's uses to cook their burgers or what's even in them. Yes, even as I type that sentence I realize that if I have to ask, it's not a good thing. The kid and I did our grocery shopping afterwards. We usually split this duty up, mostly so I can flirt with the butcher, but because I'm also trying to teach her how to shop for produce and get used to doing that shopping for she's on her own later on in life. She does pretty good with it and she helps me put the list together. It saves us time, as well.

By the time I dropped her off at her Sunday evening youth group, we'd been out almost all afternoon. After I dropped her off and before I went to Mom's house for Sunday evening dinner with her, I purchased a few wave hoolla hoops. Oh, I like these things already! So much fun. Dinner with Mom is always good because we get to catch up each other's weeks. She's trying to go gluten-free, slowly but surely. I'm trying to encourage her along, but I reminded her it's going to take sometime for her to really get into it. I really hope this helps some of her health problems. I want my mom around for a really long time!

No breakfast, just communion with a little tablet of a wafer and some grape juice
                              Lunch: BW's cheeseburger with bacon and cheddar cheese, no bun. BUT, I did have chips and salsa. Tsk, tsk, tsk.
                              Dinner: MORE corned beef, but Mom cooked it up, so it's all good. Cabbage, some carrots, and potatoes. Yum. I knew that would be dinner before I even got to her house. She doesn't let down around St. Patrick's Day 2 gluten-free Bacon Chocolate Chip cookies. Yes, they are as good as they sound.

Workout: 10 Minute Trainer's Cardio, Lower Body, and Abs.

Ecks! I was wondering if you could give me more information on the car pull thing. That might work better with me trying it on my Mom's car first. What do I need, tie down wise, and where do I tie down to?

Comment

Working...
                              X