No announcement yet.

Primal Journal, Alessandra

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We went today. The prices are actually pretty decent. Bi-Lo might beat them out on a few items, but it's pretty nice. I went to the one near Park Circle. Woah! That street reminds me of 6th street in Amarillo, TX. I thought I was back on Rt 66 for a minute. Anyway, the people who run the store are real friendly. I think they are looking to start stocking meat soon as well. It's a little hole in the wall, but well worth the visit.
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

Comment

• Hey! I made it to roughly 60 days on Whole30! I really do think that reading Made To Crave and changing my perspective on changing up my diet has helped in a big way. One thing that I've learned is that I can eat about 2 dates before I can't eat anymore of them. Now if they are bacon wrapped sausage stuffed dates, that's another story, but they are still sweet. Chocolate is still calling my name and trying to entice me, but I'm slaying that beast!

Oh yeah, I finally figured out that I've been doing my side crunches the wrong way............ There's that moment when you realize this sort of stuff, get made, and then realize that at least now you know better. I'm still feeling it two days later after I opted to do them the right way, lol.

I've come to realize that I do like cooking my own meals more, just not past a certain hour in the evening. I'd rather just not eat than have a late meal these days. I also found that the Ranch recipe in It Starts With Food is rather tasty.

Great news about Spring ahead: More time at the County Park to hike after work! WOO WOO! Tomorrow is supposed to bring some nice spring weather our way. I've found a few logs on some of the trails that are fun to walk across. Maybe I'll bear crawl some of them the next time
      Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

Comment

• Mother of all things just completely delicious and beautiful. We went to this place called Sesame Burger and Beer last night for dinner. The menu, it was. It just was. The waiter was also beautiful. Le sigh. I don't say that about men very often, but I'm gonna go ahead and say it this time. One of the guys at work asked me if I liked the food because of the waiter, like the Hooters Effect. I told him no. I think that even with a not so beautiful man as my waiter I would have enjoyed my meal. Grass-fed beef patty. The topping list was not something I'm used to seeing, but it was fun. I went with pineapple and apple slices along with the basil mayo. It was like a kebob with that pairing and it was delicious. I'm growing to like this area more and more.

Comment

• Yeah, Sesame is high on my list. The bad thing is that I was introduced to it pre-primal, and have a serious love affair with their Cuban sandwich. It might be the most amazing, delicious sandwich on the planet. It's hard for me to go there and not order it =/

No joke. Best. Sandwich. In. The. World.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
          "Locked up inside you like the calm beneath castles is a cavern of treasures that no one has been to....let's go digging" ~ Maynard James Keenan

I am Angela, Southern Fried Primal... http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread106998.html

Comment

• Ok, I learned something from yesterday: Eating hot dogs without cooking them is a bad idea for my belly. I used to do this stuff when I was kid, but after eating clean for 60+ days, this wasn't a good thing. It might help that I had some dairy earlier in the day as well.....

Gabi and I went fishing yesterday, but didn't catch anything. Gonna have to work on that. It'd be great to be able to catch fish to cook for dinner once in a while. I used to be so much better at fishing when I was younger. So I guess I need to work on it some more.

I also had chocolate for the first time in two months. Woah! I had dark chocolate that was made with only raw cacao beans and coconut sugar. Talk about a wake up call to the taste buds.

Comment

• I tried something yesterday. A little tidbit of honey that I have in a jar from a coworker. His father has bees and this is wildflower honey. WAY TOO FREAKING SWEET! That's great news! I put the lid back on and put it away for when it might actually be useful.

I've had regular red skin potatoes this week and it's been just about everyday. I had cooked some up with the corned beef on Tuesday and I actually learned something about potatoes and corned beef. First off, the tradition (don't beat me over this please, lol) is potatoes and bacon. Second, the potatoes being cooked in the corned beef was meant to draw out the salt that's used to cure the corned beef. I've learned some other stuff, but I think those were the most important to me.

I went to visit with some fellow Veteran's at Palmetto Warrior yesterday to see if they could help me along with any educational benefits. I've been so standoffish about doing anything like that because I remember what the battalion people and up could be like when you wanted help. Sometimes they were helpful, but quite a few times they weren't. I am SO grateful that everyone that I talked to wanted to help me with whatever they could! It boosts my faith in humanity. I think it also helps that the people that work there want to be there

OH! I have venison meat in my freezer! I almost forgot what I was going to cook for dinner tonight, lol It's tenderloin, so does anyone have a recommended recipe?

Comment

• For venisson? Sear in a cast iron pan with coconot oil, duck fat or butter at high heat, pour in an inch or so of beef broth, cover and bake.
                SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333
                Current Weight as of Nov 25 2015: 248
                Short Term Goal: Fit into the shirts I got on my honeymoon at disney and universal in august next year when I go back to for my 1 year anniversary
                Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension
                Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
                Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Comment

• You can prepare it just like a pork tenderloin...favorite marinade, grill, or like ecks said, sear and finish in the oven.

"Locked up inside you like the calm beneath castles is a cavern of treasures that no one has been to....let's go digging" ~ Maynard James Keenan

I am Angela, Southern Fried Primal... http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread106998.html

Comment

• Oh! I found a really good recipe that used a marinade for it and cooked it in the cast iron on the stove first, then in the oven, then covered it for 10 minutes afterwards.

For anyone out there who's thought about walking in place as an exercise, go for it. I can feel it in my rear muscles even at just 5 minutes. Plus, my jeans are starting to fit looser in the legs and that's nice I've got to get on myself more about my ab workouts in the mornings to catch up now!

Man, I was tempted to eat a bag of chips when I got home last night, but I managed to stop myself this time That's a minor yet major accomplishment. I had volunteered to go help with something after work which meant eating dinner much later than usual. I did have some unsalted pistachios, which are kind of sweet, before going home, but I was still starving! Taco Tuesday meat was waiting for me in the fridge when I got home, but I saw those chips........... I ate the meat first and then chowed down on some of Gabi's Halos that were right in front of me.

I also went through my old Army medical records to see what I had in there for my VA claim. Wow, I didn't realize that I actually had gone to the doc for some of the things that I did. I must have completely blocked that stuff out. Seems like even then I was aware of certain issues, but I don't remember being aware of them. I completely forgot that I went in about my feet problems!

Comment

• There are days that I am so glad that I fought the urge to be lazy and not cook dinner the night before. Today was def one of those days. Chocolate Pork Chops and mashed turnips with leeks for lunch. Yep, that happened.

Ohhhhhhhhhhh, Costco, I love you! I bought a huge freaking bag of spinach from them and froze most of it to use for later. I did the same with the strawberries. It's almost time to go out to Boone Hall farm for some strawberry picking. I plan on getting quite a bit so that I can freeze a whole bunch of them. Man! It's great to live somewhere that I can enjoy doing this stuff again

Comment

• Ok, so I tried something this past Easter weekend. I had Russell Stover's Easter chocolate sampler cause they were on sale on Easter Day itself. Talk about TOO SWEAT! That may just have solved my chocolate issues. I think that I'm finally back on track. I also bought some chips and tried those out. Not tasty. The flavoring was so over powering. I'm so used to not using as much that it just didn't taste right. This is great news for me

I got my Certificate of Eligibility for Post 9/11 GI BILL in the mail yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm going to College of Charleston to get the ball rolling on going back to school for Marine Biology. EEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe this is happening!

Comment

• That's so exciting! Yay!

Comment

• Super awesome news, Alesssandra! Glad to hear that your GI benefits have come through for you on this =)

Comment

• Welcome, Alessandra! Best of luck on your primal journey.

Comment

Working...
                              X