No announcement yet.

Primal Journal, Alessandra

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so glad you joined Alessandra! I hope you enjoy it & get something out of it!!!
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

Hi Alessandra, I saw you on the destress group and have now subscribed to your journal .
      You and your girl are really pretty, you sound like a fun mum!
      My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
      My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
      Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
      Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Comment

Thanks Candy (One of my neighborhood friends during my teenage years is named Candy) I read your post earlier in the destress group as well. Sounds like you have a handful in your house too!

So, I didn't post about yesterday because we had company. Man came over with his daughter. This was my first time meeting her and she's a cute little red head. Very full of questions and energy. I say, that's the mark of a smart kid. My daughter was like, WOAH! I reminded her that she was once the same way at 3. We had fun when they came over, played outside in the big lawn in between the apartment buildings.

S: 1 oz macadamia nuts during Small Group.
        L: Two left over cheesy burgers
        S: Chocolate almond butter, about 2 tbsps
        D: Mom's beef stew with about 1/4 c cooked wild rice. I had a scoop of her sugar free (splenda doesn't taste so good anymore, btw) ice cream. I have no recollection of what flavor it was

I think I'm missing some food here, but yesterday was sort of strange to me. Like, had a minor car accident. I was clipped from behind while driving under the I-40 overpass. Today, while I was driving Gabi home, I was sort of freaked out a tad by how many people were cutting me off or just jumping in front of me. People are really bad, it seems, around here with that. It's not just young drivers, it's everyone. For a town this size, you'd be surprised how many vehicles drive around with dents in them.

Anyways, workout was 10 Min Trainer Lower Body and Abs. I would have done cardio, but my legs were feeling it from the squats the day before! Man, had to soak in an epsom salt bath this morning. Went to bed late cause Man stayed late since I lost track of time. Thankfully I slept great last night. Hoping we can plan a fun day at the park that's right up the road from here.

I'll post about today later. Time to make some Lemony Chicken Piccata (yes, it's my favorite dish to cook and super freaking easy).
        Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

Comment

Okay, tonight, I'm going to try to get through some other people's journals after I post about yesterday and today. First thing I noticed, that if I don't post for a day, I think I can just do whatever I want and it's all going to be fine, no big deal. Whatever. Hmm, accountability doesn't work that way! Surprisingly, we touched on that subject tonight at my Tues Night Small Group. Coincidence? I think not.

I'll start with yesterday. Oh my goodness was it busy yesterday at work. Testing in the morning, flight line in the afternoon. I learned that I am still a white girl who needs to use sunblock when out in the sun for more than a certain amount of time. I received farmer's burns on my legs, arms and my face (we have to wear large safety goggles on the flightline). Safety first! We were out there for several hours. I think I had plenty of Vitamin D. As a matter of fact, when my boss asked me if I wanted to stay indoors or go outside, I said, Outside please!

I'm trying to remember everything I ate and drank yesterday because it was so busy. I know that by the time I got home, I was starving. Like not the kind of hungry I get when I IF on the weekends, I was spent and needed calories and fat. Same thing happened today. I think I need more fat in my lunch meals because I'm having a hard time tying over till dinner when that happens.

Yesterday's meal
          B: 2 pieces of bacon (I would have had some spinach, but the spinach and I didn't get along yesterday)
          S: 1 oz macadamia nuts, 1 cup strawberries, whole
          L: Last leftover cheesy burger, leftover broccoli and cheese, cherry tomatoes
          S: Almond crackers, like 8, about 2 slices of 1" think Organic Farms Sharp Cheddar
          D: Lemony Chicken piccata (I forgot I was out of Sweat Pea Apple Wine!) and salad with homemade dressing

Drinks: Water

Workout: 10 Min Trainer Cardio

Today was a whole other story food wise. I did good most of the day, but I was so hungry this afternoon that I caved to Kettle Brand Tia's in the Nacho Cheddar Flavor. Good stuff, not good for me. Not fueling the body properly. It was another busy day at work, but mostly because I had to chase after paperwork and learn some new things. That's good, it expands the mind! We had a mini deluge of rain today, with a small hail storm. Poor Gabi had to run to the truck in it when I was picking her up. Small group was great tonight. Ecks, we're planning our fellowship night for next weekend

Today:

B: 2 slices of bacon, about 1 cup cooked spinach in the bacon fat, used some leftover piccata sauce to season with.
          S: Strawberries (I forgot to pack the macadamia nuts, lol)
          L: Leftover chicken piccata and BAS with homemade dressing
          S: One Dagoba 71% dark chocolate (oops, my other slip up cause it has soy in it) About two servings worth of Tia's Nacho Cheddar Chips. Oh, I almost forgot! One of mom's bacon chocolate chip cookies

Workout: 10 Min Trainer Lower Body and Abs

I'm looking forward to tomorrow and what it will bring. I'm thankful that today was productive and not just at work.
          Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

Comment

Right now, I'm not stressed. Anger is what I'm feeling. It has nothing to do with my almost Primal life either. The thing is, when tomorrow comes, I'll be fine. Just gonna have to deal with it and move on.

I had another busy, yet productive day at work. Still some slight stress, but I really can't avoid it at my job. I sort of slept in about a half hour this morning because I was up late chatting with someone again. I don't see that being an issue this evening. I did manage to get Yoga Flex in this morning. That was the only workout called out on the calender, so maybe that was a good thing.

B: 2 pcs bacon
            S: 10 almond crackers topped with some butter, 6 strawberries, about 1 oz macadamia nuts
            L: probably about two servings of leftover fajita meat, onions, and red and green bell peppers. Mix of cherry tomatoes and some sliced cucumber with homemade salad dressing
            S: YIKES! Tias showed up again today 1 serving of the Nacho Cheddar. They are now gone.
            D: Breaded Cod. Used a mix of coconut flour, Italian Chesnut flour, garlic powder, sea salt, and dill weed. Soaked the cod, in between dippings, in coconut milk. Steamed yellow squash.

Workout: 10 Min Trainer Yoga Flex

Comment

Dangit, how is it you can be mad at someone, then they make you laugh?! Hmph. It's way past my bedtime, but I'm in a better mood.

Comment

Hope you are OK from your mini fender bender! And sorry you were angry! I have been so busy and a little overwhelmed the last few days but overall doing well and man I can so relate about not taking the time to check in and it causing the accountability to slide!!!

Be well,
                CJ

Comment

Thank you for asking CJ I'm fine. I was just a little shaken up by the whole thing. I knew I'd be okay, but normally when I get angry, I pray, go to sleep after hashing out my anger, and in the morning either fix my issue or carry on till I can. Nope, the reason why I was angry actually came to me and fixed itself. Headsmack! I'm already slightly off, I don't need anymore help in this department.

Comment

Happy to see it's fixed itself
                    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
                    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
                    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
                    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Comment

Ugh, two day lapse again, but yesterday was a busy day after work. Work itself was a bit boring, especially the class I had to take in the morning. I did put into play the standing up every 30 minutes for about 10 mins. This was mostly to avoid falling asleep in a room that was right at sleeping temp and the lights weren't all on so we could see the screen. I did get in my 10 minute trainer, but only one that morning.

B: 4 pieces bacon, some brisket
                      S: I couldn't bring my lunch box with me, so I ended up with some vending machine mini salami, and some white chocolate coffee deal (I bought that to get change, stinking other machine not taking my five) and some dentyne gum. Can somebody please tell me why they put the hardest gum known to man in the vending machines?
                      L: Big ass salad with some dressing. Mixed berries with mix of chopped walnuts and pecans
                      S: Not sure. Wait, I know, it was some more TIA's in the ranch flavor. Seriously, those aren't allowed in my house again.
                      D: Steak, cooked in bacon fat. Let it sit in the fridge with some salt, pepper, and garlic powder for about 2 hours. Salad and steamed broccoli. I peeled the outer skin to ease the taste because our dinner guests aren't the biggest fans of broccoli. Also shredded up some sharp cheddar, tossed the broccoli in with that and some butter. Made a pan sauce with the steak juice and bacon grease. Basically, I just poured some sherry, garlic powder and salt. Let it boil to thicken it, then added a little butter. Flavor was good, but I think I'll skip the butter next time.
                      Dessert: This I had been planning during the week, so I knew this was coming. We went to Frazzleberries, who usually does have a gluten-free option, but they didn't at this location. So, I just went with what looked good. I don't even know how much I ate, but I didn't get a sugar high this time. Thank goodness, but the little one with us did get one.

Drink: Mostly water, except the coffee thing

I really want to get on myself about yesterday, but I'm not up to it. Blech.

Today I skipped out on breakfast. My sleeping in was cut short by me forgetting to turn off my alarms the night before. I didn't have to work today! I wasn't all that hungry by the time I finally woke up for the day. No 10 minute trainer, but I did lose another pound! WOO WOO! Only 14 more pounds to my goal weight!

L: Jason's Deli Beefeater, no bread, manager's special (which is half a sandwich and in my case, fruit cup with baked chips) I ate a few of the baked chips, but gave up after a while
                      S: 3 pieces Lindt 85%
                      D: Big ass salad chicken pecan style thing with some dressing
                      S: About 13 almond crackers with some homemade pesto. Finally I had enough basil growing to make some! I used my licorice basil and some lemon lime, pine nuts, parm cheese, and garlic. Oh yeah, EVOO and some sea salt. Hmmmm, so good. So, the almond crackers are good for dipping!

Even though I didn't do 10 Minute Trainer, we did walk to the mall to get some stuff. I think the walk out and back was probably about 1 1/2 miles. Spent some time with a friend this evening as well. Hopefully all will be well with them.

Comment

Some pictures from the last hike out at Wildcat Bluff and SQUIRREL! He was in the tree outside our apartment.

dscn3344.jpgdscn3346.jpgdscn3352.jpgdscn3345.jpgdscn3356.jpg

Comment

Killer shot of the squirrel! He's cute! We get them everywhere around here. I probably almost ran over 3-4 just doing my regular saturday errands today. They get gutsy... They try (and usually succeed) at crossing roads here right through traffic... courageous little buggers!
                          SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333
                          Current Weight as of Nov 25 2015: 248
                          Short Term Goal: Fit into the shirts I got on my honeymoon at disney and universal in august next year when I go back to for my 1 year anniversary
                          Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension
                          Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
                          Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Comment

We have prairie pups just down the road from us! The baby ones are just freaking precious. This tree is right between my apt building and the one next to us. So, getting this shot was easy. I've got some more. dscn3361.jpgdscn3359.jpg

Comment

It's Easter Vigil! Wonderful day today, for the most part, with Gabi and my mom. When I did finally wake up, I managed to get in 2 of the 10 Min Trainer workouts done, Yoga Flex and Total Body. Then it was off to a friends garage sale, then my mom's place. I ended up doing more of the yard work than Gabi did today. Slacker. She did her usual stuff, but mom's small yard needed more work, so I got to busting it while I was waiting on my comforter to wash and dry. I had to get our grocery shopping done today because two of my regular stores will be closed for Easter tomorrow. I pretty much had one main meal today and some other minor snacks. I wasn't that hungry today and ended up fasting 18 hours this time around from Friday night.

L: BLT lettuce wrap!
                              S: Probably about 4 pcs Lindt 85% and one soft boiled egg from my mom's Easter Bread. Gabi doesn't like eggs, so I took one for the team Oh yeah, Communion Bread.

Drinks: Mostly water, did have some red currant tea at lunch with honey and some lemon juice. Communion Wine, like a sip of it.

Gabi and I dyed some Easter Eggs this evening, but she did all of the decorating. It's great because my lunch with have some color to it this week! Happy Easter all!

Comment

I wanted to post something in my journal, but I'll save it for the Best Your Stress group.

We decided to go to the 1 P.M. service that our church had set up yesterday, which was great. I got to sleep in, except I didn't sleep very well the night before. However, I did manage to get a decent breakfast in and two of my workouts done.

B: 1 slice each of pork and beef bacon. 2 Pamela's mix of gluten-free waffles. Not exactly sure how much maple syrup I used, but it might have been a few tablespoons
                                S: One of Gabi's Ferrero Roche chocolate eggs and probably a total of 3-4 85% Lindt Dark Chocolate. Oh, and three slices of chocolate orange
                                L: Two hard boiled eggs
                                D: Lamb chop, broccoli, green beans, risotto, mint jelly, and some of mom's gluten free carrot cake. Yes, there was cream cheese frosting involved. Good stuff, true story

Drinks: Water and Iced Tea

Workouts: 10 Min Trainer Cardio and Abs. Man came over with kid last night and we played outdoors for a bit with the football, volleyball, running around and such.

Easter was a good day, for the most part.

Comment

Working...
                                X