Primal Journal, Alessandra

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Alessandra View Post
    Does anyone have suggestion as to how to get rid of a Twizzlers addiction?
    Never buy them, ever?

Comment

• I don't buy them. They are "available" at a desk that I frequently walk by at work. It's on my way to different areas of the new building that I work in. They used to be located elsewhere, but now they are just sitting there! RIGHT IN MY FACE! I thought that upon reading the ingrediants list, I would end up staying away since they are made with wheat, but I can't seem to stop myself every time.
      Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

Comment

• sometimes it comes down to shear willpower............ put your hands in your pockets or carry something so you don't have the option to reach and grab as you walk by.
        1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
        2. Eat to heal
        3. Move to live
        4. Embrace today
        5. Live with intention
        6. Respect my body
        7. Cultivate joy
        8. Find my passion
        9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• I dunno; I get surrounded by free piles of candy/pastries/crap all the time. I just eat enough good stuff that the crappy things don't do anything for me.

Sent via lightsaber

Comment

• I can generally stay away from stuff that's not primal friendly, but this kind of stuff is my Achilles Heel. It's not that I'm even hungry when I see them. Maybe having something in my hand might be a good option.
            Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

Comment

• Talk to the person putting out the twizzlers... ask if you can leave a large sharable tub of veggies there... I bet you're not the only one struggling with the free twizzlers... If faced with a decision for a healthy choice over a shitty choice even if you chose the healthy choice 50 percent of the time it's still better than choosing the shitty one 100 percent of the time. I'm sure other passerbyers would also enjoy a baby carrot or bell pepper stick.
              SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333
              Current Weight as of Nov 25 2015: 248
              Short Term Goal: Fit into the shirts I got on my honeymoon at disney and universal in august next year when I go back to for my 1 year anniversary
              Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension
              Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
              Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Comment

• Originally posted by Alessandra View Post
                Does anyone have suggestion as to how to get rid of a Twizzlers addiction?
                Sorry, it cannot be done. Live with it.

Comment

• Ecks, maybe I could have that option at my not-permanent desk (I'm waiting for the day that I'm told that the desk is for someone else)? I've been working on gummie recipes using the Great Lakes gelatin. I've come up with two good ones so far: Pumpkin Pie and Pumpkin Spice Latte. I used real pumpkin in the first one and a spice blend that uses cardamom in it, which is a really nice spice in that mix. I think that I like using Whipping Cream in the PSL one better. I might try a mulled apple cider sometime next month when cider starts to appear on the shelves.

Anyone here go foraging for mushrooms? I've found that with all of the rain, 20 days worth, that we've got quite a few different types out here. My interest has been growing lately and I took quite a few pictures yesterday at the local park while out trail hiking. I'm thinking about checking out some of the other county parks to see what else I can find. Don't worry, I'm using a guide to help me learn which ones are okay to eat and which ones are deadly.
                  DSCN5389.jpg
                  DSCN5391.jpg
                  DSCN5396.jpg
                  DSCN5428.jpg

Comment

• I think that the next thing that I'm going to look for are natvie berries and such. Man, the woods are so much more fun as an adult who knows this kind of stuff! I'll post some more pictures, later, from some of our other adventures here. There's plenty more to do and see here when it comes to being outdoors. I don't think that the time of year is going to matter too much since it really hasn't been cold here yet. I think that I can grow to like that here. Being close to the beach has also helped out quite a bit. I've got pictures from that too

Comment

• Soooooooooooooo, I got to meet someone from MDA yesterday I'm pretty excited about it since I haven't met any of you guys in real time yet. We met through a Meet Up group for living Paleo that another woman started. I'm pretty stoked about that too because now I can meet more like minded people and not feel quite so out in my own world, which I admittedly am in most other areas of life. I'm hoping that we can all boost each other along in our journey to better health.

Ok Angela, here's my post for today. Food was pretty doggone awesome today. I've been doing Whole30 from the start of the new year and it's helping a lot with the sugar craving issue. I decided to push myself out further because I had already planned to and because I did have the mishap with the headache medicine that I really couldn't get around. It was either get rid of it or be miserable for Roxy's first trip to the beach. I went with making her first trip less stressful considering I knew she would be all sorts of excited and of course she was. Dangit, getting off on a tangent again!

My work is doing this health challenge thing with us keeping track of our steps using fit bit deals. This one is having us walk the distance of the Appalachian Trail. I think that my team made it to our goal last week, but I feel the need to push myself farther. I did the last challenge, but I sort of half arsed it. I'm trying to avoid that this time.

I'm in a Wednesday night Bible Study group with the church that we go to here and we're reading this book called "Made To Crave" by Lysa Terkurst (sp?). It's a great read right now considering that I'm doing Whole30 and pushing myself with it right now. I think that things are slowly starting to come together this time around with eating and even exercising. I know there'll be ups and downs, but I can't cave so much this time around.

Comment

• Hey, welcome back to your journal, Alessandra! My Whole30 kicked off today, and I'm in a good state of preparation for the week ahead. Looking forward to the next meetup and to seeing you back on the boards here on a regular basis =)
                        "Locked up inside you like the calm beneath castles is a cavern of treasures that no one has been to....let's go digging" ~ Maynard James Keenan

I am Angela, Southern Fried Primal... http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread106998.html

Comment

• Thank you! I got like 12K steps yesterday. I'm hoping that during my breaks that the rain will hold off long enough to get some short walks outdoors. I couldn't take Roxy for her walk because it was raining too hard so I'm having to take the longer way around to get to stuff at work to make up for it.

Comment

• Woah, talk about negativity at work yesterday. I don't usually remember that that sort of stuff makes me exhausted, as I'm sure it does for other people. I was worn out last night when I got home from work, but we didn't even do as much as we usually do. Normally I would turn to some seriously good dark chocolate. This time I managed not to. I even managed to stay away from honey. I had opened a jar yesterday to make sure it was still good and got some on my finger. I was SO tempted to just do the usual, but I wiped my hand clean instead. The funny thing is this: I just read Chapter 10 of Made to Crave and Lysa talks about the It's Not Fair mentality. Talk about hitting the nail right on the head with that one! I don't really want to regret it later because I know I'm not ready for small amounts of sweetener or dark chocolate. I can't mess with that stuff until I can get to that point.

Gabi is in charge of Taco Tuesday at our place since probably October some time. She understands that I don't eat anything other than the meat and onions. She went to ask me if I wanted cheese and then stopped herself, lol.

Comment

• Mmmmm....taco Tuesday. I seriously love Mexican food in all forms.....I especially love corn tortillas. Just 26 days to go before I can have one again =(

Negativity at work is the worst! Nine times out of ten, it has nothing at all to do with you, but someone else drags you into it and brings you down. It makes for a really long day.

Great work on the sweet stuff, too...it's hard to stay away from it. I had to taste a couple of things yesterday, but that's all it was. A bite, a taste, not the whole enchilada....and there I go back to Mexican food and corn tortillas....mmmmm.
                              "Locked up inside you like the calm beneath castles is a cavern of treasures that no one has been to....let's go digging" ~ Maynard James Keenan

I am Angela, Southern Fried Primal... http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread106998.html

Comment

• Angela, I am definitely bringing the Mocha Steak recipe with me to the recipe swap next month. It works rather nicely on pork chops as well. I cooked up three last night: one for dinner last night, one for lunch today, and I might eat the last one tommorrow for lunch as well.

Taco Tuesday's came about because Gabi missed going to the places that we went to in TX. Her friend told her it was hard to find good Tacos around here. While I might disagree with that a little bit, it did motivate me to use one of Mark's seasoning blends. Then she wanted to bring her friends over to eat with us, so thus it was born in our apartment!

I decided to move my laptop to desks where I know I won't have to listen to too much negativity at work. I move around around where I'm at, so I can just relocate myself if need be.

The meetup group that I'm in for hiking is doing a Low Tide walk at Sullivan's Island on Saturday that I'm looking forward to. Hopefully the weather will hold out for us to get a good walk in and maybe I can get some good pictures too

Comment

Working...
                                X