No announcement yet.

Primal Journal, Alessandra

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today wasn't too shabby for a Tuesday. I even busted out my Lilo & Stitch CD since I have a radio that doesn't eat my CD's anymore It's been quite some time since I've enjoyed that one!

I also managed three outdoor workouts today! My morning dog walk, our afternoon run, and some cone-to-cone workouts using my medicine ball. I'm sort of proud of that one because I made that medicine ball myself. This is my first time using it outdoors. I did overhead throws and lunged to where the ball landed going one way. Then on the way back, I did single arm throws and did the spiderman on the way back. I did two rounds of those after doing legs at the gym.

Meal 1: 2 pcs bacon and one small head of broccoli that was steamed. I poured a little bacon grease on it and added some chia
    Snack: Handful of cashews with 2 strawberries and some blueberries
    Meal 2: The last of the meat loaf! A salad with some dressing and chia
    Snack: Some almond butter with a bit of honey
    Meal 3: 6 Thanksgiving style meatballs
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

Comment

• I missed posting about yesterday because I was a bit tired after single moms group at church. We've been going through this study called Choose Joy. I think this study came at just the right time in my life because I have certainly felt that my joy has been sapped out of me lately. I know where my mistakes with this are and am just going to have to make a daily effort to change that

I slept like a rock last night! The same thing happened the night before and I was so glad that my alarm clock actually annoyed the snot out of me because lately I've been waking up before it goes off.

I didn't get my run in yesterday or even our dog walk because the weather was a bit odd both in the morning and in the mid afternoon, but I'm not sweating it too much.

Meal 1: 2 pcs bacon and oven roasted asparagus. I used the bacon grease from the bacon to cook the asparagus, then added a little bit of freshly squeezed lemon juice, some garlic powder, some sea salt, and some italian seasoning. SOOOO GOOOOD!
      Snack: 2 strawberries, some blueberries, and a handful of pecans
      Meal 2: 6 leftover T-Day style meatballs and salad with salad dressing
      Snack: Beareded Bros Ginger Peach and 5 tbsps of Nancy's sour cream. If you have a chance to buy this stuff, do it. It's so freaking good!)
      Meal 3: 3 Chinese 5 Spice Lettuce Cups
      Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

Comment

• I had a great night last night Jud Wilhite came to our church to do a talk based on his book "The God of Yes" I think that came at just the right time for me, spiritually wise. The affirmation that I felt when it comes to finding my true delight and joy is just what I needed last night.

I went ahead and did sprint training yesterday instead of running. I missed sprints on Wednesday because of the funky weather. I think I can miss a day with regular running and be okay with it.

Meal 1: 3 pcs bacon, steamed spinach with butter and chia
        Snack: 3 sliced strawberries, blueberries, and a handful of cashews
        Meal 2: 6 oz leftover Chinese 5 spice lettuce cups
        Snack that turned into meal 3: Rest of the Nancy's Sour Cream, my lunch salad with the dressing and 3 tbsp almond butter with a little bit of honey added.

Comment

• I think that I had a bit of a crazy day yesterday. Drama got sandwiched in between a good morning and a peaceful afternoon, but it's been dealt with so far.

Now, onto my rest day, which was Friday. I started out on a pretty good note because I gave my body a break yesterday. When lunch time crept around, I sort of fell back. The supervisor for this area (he's not my boss) had bought pizza for the guys and even got some gluten free cupcakes for a few of us. He got the mini kind. You know, the kind that if you don't think about it, you've eaten more than one whole one? I think I ate like 3. The frosting was actually pretty dang good and that might have been my downfall.....................

Ecks, I also had an Epic bar yesterday. They have the turkey ones here too. Those are pretty darn yummy.

Meal 1: 4 pcs bacon. Sauteed green bell peppers and onions. One chocolate crave bar.
          Snack: Strawberries, blueberries, & raspberries w/chopped pecans and chia seeds
          Meal 2: 6 T-Day style meatballs, salad w/dressing and chia seeds. 3 gluten free mini cupcakes. Cheese and pepperoni from a slice of pizza (I didn't eat the dough)
          Meal 3: 1 epic bar, 1 glutinos spinach & feta pizza, 1 ctr of tzakziki sauce (that stuff is addicting at times)

So, I think that I need to rethink my afternoons on rest day when it comes to food. I'm IF'ing right now even though I'm at work. Since I'm not doing anything to strenous, I'm not sweating lack of food at the moment.

Comment

• Woo woo! Another IF weekend is here I'm still doing this IF both days even though I am at work. I figure that I can handle this since I'm not doing much of anything to warrant a ton of food.

I did eat an entire 12" gluten free pizza to myself last night It was so good! Gabi and I went to one of our favorite pizza joints because they carry a gluten free crust, which is really more cracker like in the texture than anything else. I don't mind it though.

Roxy and I did our sprint training in the afternoon since I had to be at work an hour earlier. That's how these guys roll on the weekends. Now what I didn't notice on our way out on the walk/sprint train was that someone had tossed their frozen custard out the window onto the sidewalk. I didn't see it because we were on the grass during the walk out. We certainly found it on the way back! Roxy decided to investigate it in the middle of one of our sprints! Not fun on a running leash, but really not fun when I almost ran over her! I think I almost tripped over her three different times. She decided to try to cross over right in front of me at the finish line. This usually doesn't happen when we run together, but occasionally it does.

Meal 1: The very last of my Chinese 5-Spice lettuce cup meat (didn't have time to pack a salad since I was short on supply)
            Meal 2: 1 whole 12" gluten free pizza called "The Drizz" (named after the owners college buddy) and some hard apple/pear cider)

I did have some tea with chia seeds yesterday too.

Comment

• I decided to read through "The Primal Blueprint" again. I feel like I've lost touch with what I started out doing almost 3 years ago. It's like I've taken all these twists and turns and really I just want to get back to the basics. So maybe that's what I need to do?

We've been enjoying some warmer days lately. Do you know what that means? Yep, HAMMOCK TIME! I think I really needed it after the mental day that I had. It was so nice to just relax and read while listening to nature

I did try out some roasted marrow bones this evening YUM! I should cook those more often. They pretty much cook themselves. Roxy was eyeballing me while I was eating them.

Sunday:
              IF'd till 12 P.M. That was a good 18 hours.
              Meal 1: Hot pastrami with provolone, no bread. Salad with oil/vinegar. I made some lemonade with the honey, lemons, and hot water they had at Jason's Deli. 1 XOXO Dark Chocolate W/Almonds & Cherries single serve bar
              Meal 2: 6 oz fajita meat, some beet berry jello and 2 tbsps almond butter w/honey.

Today
              Meal 1: Bacon and one small head of broccoli that was steamed. Added butter and some chia seeds
              Snack: 3/4 cup of berries and a handful of cashews
              Meal 2: 6 oz leftover paleo chicken and salad with dressing
              Snack: Almond butter w/honey
              Meal 3: Handful of pecans w/butter and salt. Some beet berry cherry jello. Roasted beef marrow bones.

Comment

• It looks like it's been a couple of days since the last time I was here. This is mostly because I'm trying to wean myself off of computer useage at night. Now if I could just get there in the morning time!

I had a crappy day at work yesterday. So what did this girl do? She had fro yo after work. That essentially became my dinner. The shooting at Fort Hood affected one of my family members, so my appetite was not there for me when I found out. I did cook my lunch for today, so I ate the skins off the chicken thighs and had a few bites of the beet berry jello. Family member is okay and finally got to go home this morning.

4/1/4
                Meal 1: 2 pcs bacon and some roasted asparagus (used the leftover bacon grease, lemon juice, sea salt, pepper, garlic, & italian seasoning) with some chia seeds
                Snack: Handful blackberries, strawberries, and handful of almonds
                Meal 2: 2 chicken, roasted mater, & spinach sausages. Salad with dressing
                Snack: Beet Berry Jello and almond butter w/honey
                Meal 3: 8 oz hamburger w/homemade mayo

4/2/14
                Meal 1: 2 pcs bacon and steamed spinach with ground up chia seed.
                Snack: Blackberries, strawberries, & handful pecans
                Meal 2: 6 oz burger meat with homemade mayo and salad with dressing
                Meal 3: Pistachio nut and cheesecake fro yo w/some cherries, coconut flakes, and chocolate chips
                SnackL Chicken skin and beet berry jello.

Comment

• Cripes. It looks like I've been sticking to my not screwing around so much on the internet at home that I've forgotten to post! OK, I'll try to cover the past few days. I did get a bit carried away a couple of days. Don't think that this will be happening again any time soon though! Prebiotics might be telling me something about my stomach and I think that maybe I should listen.

4/3/14
                  Meal 1: 3 pcs baon, about .5 cup red bell pepper sauteed in bacon grease topped w/ground chia seed and sea salt
                  Snack: Sliced strawberries, blackberries, & 1 handful cashews
                  Meal 2: Mustard glazed chicken thights & salad with dressing
                  Snack: 4 oz burger patty with the last of the mayo
                  Meal 3: Ladies night out for the small group ladies. Corn tortillas w/guac. Steak fajitas and sauteed onions. Frozen margheritta.

4/4/14
                  Meal 1: 4 pcs bacon. 1 chocolate crave bar
                  Meal 2: 2 pcs mustard glazed chicken, salad w/dressing. Blackberries, other berries, and handful almonds
                  Snack: Cashews roasted in butter
                  Meal 3: Roasted Marrow bones (easily my new favorite dish)
                  Snack: Banana Strawberry greek yogurt

4/5/14
                  IF'd for 18 hours
                  Meal 1: 1/2 hot pastrami sandwich on gluten free bread (which basically turns to soup bread with hot pastrami) and a side salad from Jason's Deli salad bar. My own mixed lemonade with a dash of sea salt since I'd been doing some help with our church's new campus.
                  Snack: Tall of Starbucks frap. That's a snack as far as I'm concerned because it's got more calories than most drinks.

4/6/14
                  IF'd for 18 hours
                  Meal 1: Corn Tortilla chips and chicken fajita salad with guac and sour cream
                  Snack: Homemade lemon lime jello! (that was my first time)
                  Meal 2: Mom's meatloaf (she used pesto sauce in it. nom nom nom nom), mashed taters, and some green peas. I also had some cooked then chilled white rice with some FOS on top

Comment

• Ok, now that I've gotten that out of the way, it's time to write about the new stuff that I learned this weekend and also the mishap that I had on sprint train day.

Alessandra's most important lesson for this week: Don't be stupid. Pay attention to your surroundings, including by your feet when you're wearing merrell's to run in. Roxy and I were doing one leg of the sprints when I slammed the ball of my heel on this section of the sidewalk that I think is meant to slow wheel chairs down so they don't run off. I looks like brick and has bumps on it. I've run this leg many times before, but this was the first time I did that.

I made my first batch of homemade lemon lime jello. I also made a huge mess in the kitchen doing so. A while back, I broke the glass portion of my hand juicer. So now I use it over bowls or measuring cups. But the measuring cup that I was trying to use this time isn't really wide enough. You would think that after the first time I sent the cup flying with fresh juice and maple syrup (the last of it mind you) against the front door that I would use a bowl. No, not me. I went for the cup a second time around and added honey. Thankfully the cup only flew onto the kitchen floor this time. I decided to go with a bowl this time. Anyway, I did finally get to try it yesterday. A bit tart, but I do love tart food. Tart food to me is like spicey food to my daughter.

I also gave a go to cooked and chilled rice. I added some NOW Foods FOS mix. I'm not sure if this is what is causing some battle going on in my belly or not. I'll try for three full days and see what happens. If not, one of these two has to go.

Comment

• I have to say that I like the NOW foods Naturalflora FOS so far. It's slightly sweet, but it's completely keeping the sugar cravings at bay. I was surprised by this. I'm a few days into using the stuff and on the days when I'm completely eating good, it's awesome. I go to bed tired and get a good nights rest. On the days when I might make a mistake, like yesterday, I pay for it the next day. My gut does NOT want that stuff to stick around for too long. I've also stopped using chia seeds twice a day. I decided to grind them up today and see what happens.

I did try some of Nancy's Greek Yogurt with honey in it. WOW! My tastebuds were not ready for the taste of the honey in there. Not the sometimes obnoxious sweetness that happens with honey, but the difference in taste between organic and regular. Good stuff though.

Here's my food journal for the last few days:

4/7/14
                      Meal 1 4 pcs bacon, 1/2 c.c. rice with 2 tsps FOS, 1/4 cup of lemon lime jello, 1 small head of steamed broccoli w/butter.
                      Snack: Raspberries, sliced strawberries, & handful of cashews
                      Meal 2: Mom's meatloaf and salad dressing with chia
                      Snack: 8 oz c.c. rice w/1 tsp FOS
                      Meal 3: 6 oz pecan crusted chicken.

4/8/14
                      Meal 1: 4 pcs bacon, 2 cups spinach that was steamed w/water. Added butter. 1/2 cup c.c. rice w/2 tsp FOS
                      Snack: Raspberries, sliced strawberries, and handful almonds
                      Meal 2: 6 oz pecan crusted chicken. Salad w/dressing & chia
                      Snack: 1/2 cup c.c. rice w/2 tsp and butter
                      Meal 3: Paleo meatloaf

4/9/14
                      Meal 1: 4 pcs bacon and 1/2 cup c.c. rice w/2tsp FOS
                      Snack: Strawberries, Raspberries, & handful cashews
                      Meal 2: 6 oz paleo meatloaf. Salad w/dressing and chia seeds. 4 hot tamales
                      Snack: C.C. Rice w/2tsp FOS. Nancy's Yogurt
                      Meal 3: 2 Chicken/Spinach/Tomato sausages with spaghetti squash.

Comment

• Man, it's been a few days again! I don't have my physical journal with me so I can't input what I've been eating the last few days. I will say that something odd happened to me yesterday. Maybe I had to much RS? I ate about 2 cups of rice and olive salad (homemade recipe using cold rice) then I took a nap. Now, since it's that time of the month, I usually get a little bit of discomfort in my vericose veins on the first day. When I got up from my nap, I hurt bad this time around, even my lower abdomen hurt. I had already taken some FOS in the morning. I'm wondering if I just over did it. I don't normally eat the much of the salad, but I was a bit hungry yesterday afternoon. I'm thinking I won't be trying that again.

Man, I'm getting better a the homemade jello recipes. I even ventured into coconut whipped cream. The combo of those two is rather nice! The last jello I made was lemon raspberry. Tart, but perfect

Comment

• Well, while I haven't been posting on here on a daily basis, I have mostly remembered to log in my physical food journal.

I have discovered a new food to be obsessed with making properly: coconut crepes. OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I feel FABULOUS when I don't tear one upon trying to flip it. I've found a recipe that works and made like 10 of them last night. I ate like 5 this morning with some chopped strawberries and honey. They were small ones and they were good.

Gabi has decided that she likes cooking when the food actually tastes good, lol. It's been fun to let her get into the kitchen and do her thing.

Comment

• Well then, it's been quite some time since the last time I posted. A lot has happened since then. I left my job working on and with helicopters out there in Amarillo, TX. We are now in Goose Creek, SC. I'm still working the civilian side of military contracts in the manufacturing area, but just not 100% aviation anymore.

I have to say that I am loving the area out here. I really just want to hug the trees because I have missed them SO MUCH! Plus, there's plenty of fresh foods at local stands and farmers markets. Le sigh. I think that this is just what we needed. I'll post more when I can. I did gain some weight back during the months leading up to the move and the move itself because I wasn't eating correctly or really even working out properly. Now that we have a place to live and area somewhat settled in (still have quite a bit of unpacking to do) I think that I can spend more time on doing the right thing. Oh yeah, raw milk is not a rare thing around here. Smiles!

Comment

• Oh Farmers Markets! Man do I love living out here! There are so many things available to do here. I don't think I have any excuses anymore

Sent from my Z796C using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

• Does anyone have suggestion as to how to get rid of a Twizzlers addiction?

Comment

Working...
                                X