No announcement yet.

Primal Journal, Alessandra

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, I guess I didn't have the time yesterday to get this done!

Wednesday's food:
    Meal 1: The usual
    Meal 2: Nori Salmon Rolls with salad and dressing plus some of mom's homemade butternut squash soup
    Meal 3: Mixed nuts with melted butter and salt
    Meal 4: Mustard glazed chicken drumstick
    Unnecessary chocolate happened too......
    Drinks: Water and my own blend of hot chocolate

Exercise:
    Morning usuals.

Thursday's Food:
    Meal 1: The usual
    Meal 2: 3 mustard glazed drumsticks and salad
    Meal 3: Mixed nuts with melted butter
    Meal 4: Chinese 5 spice lettuce cups
    Drinks: Water and some more of my own mix of hot chocolate.

Exercise: The morning usuals.
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

Comment

• Anyone care to find my motivation about posting every day? I seem to have lost it as well as my motivation to stay more primal. I think I've been more like 70/30 lately with food and not so good about being out doors.
      Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

Comment

• Motivation? Sure.

Do you want to control the path of your own life, and forge awesomeness? Or do you want to be some sad-sack "woe is me" resource-waster who just plods along with failing health until your time on earth runs out?

Because you get to choose this stuff, and no one else makes those decisions for you.

Sent via lightsaber

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
          Motivation? Sure.

Do you want to control the path of your own life, and forge awesomeness? Or do you want to be some sad-sack "woe is me" resource-waster who just plods along with failing health until your time on earth runs out?

Because you get to choose this stuff, and no one else makes those decisions for you.

Sent via lightsaber
          Wow! Love it!
          I'm saving this quote for times I'm feeling blah about things!
          Maybe I'll just post it some place I can read it each Morning!
          K

Comment

• Alessandra,
            I think what Mr A said says it very well. Our motivation needs to come from within, what is if we want for ourselves?
            I'm glad you she'd bc this is something many of us ask/wonder.
            Best of luck!
            K

Comment

• I think it's because we used to bounce off each other. I used to come on to read your journal and to some extent I think you came on to read mine. With my limited Internet connection that makes it difficult. Miss you!
              SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333
              Current Weight as of Nov 25 2015: 248
              Short Term Goal: Fit into the shirts I got on my honeymoon at disney and universal in august next year when I go back to for my 1 year anniversary
              Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension
              Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
              Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Comment

• Thank you Mr. A, kmarie, and ecks I appreciate it! Ecks, I miss you too!

Comment

• OK! So for today we have the blowing winds of the high plains of Texas! That was fun to run in, lol. I didn't know that it was going to be that windy before we went outside because it was nice like 30 mins prior. I just couldn't make Roxy stay inside after I had already told her that we would go.

I did, maybe, go a little overboard with weights at the gym during dead lift time. However, I found that the hot Epson bath, aided by some B & B Works sleep lotion are helping me to not sweat it so much. Plus the magnesium spray that Mark recommended for helping get to sleep seems to be kicking in

I managed to get a very quick workout in this morning and then finished at the gym after the run and dinner.

Meal 1: Grain free porridge (w/ 1 tbsp chia seeds), some steamed red bell pepper and spinach doused with leftover bacon grease and salt, and 2 pieces of bacon. This is my typical breakfast.
                  Meal 2: 6 oz leftover paleo meatloaf with my usual salad and dressing (w/ 1/2 tsp chia seeds)
                  Meal 3: Paleo breaded chicken thighs (two small ones) with a little butter and coconut aminos. I also had 1/2 pecans with a little butter and some savory seasoning.
                  Drinks: Water and more water

Comment

• Woo woo! I made it through the day without falling flat on my face! Thank you God for that one I thought this was just going to be one of those off days because I could barely get the right words out of my mouth to speak properly this morning. I think that was due to the interrupted sleep last night. I have no idea why that happened, but it did.

I may not have gotten as much done with my workouts today, but I didn't suffer during the sprints like I thought that I would! SCORE! Now, just to get the dog to not get distracted while we are running, lol.

Meal 1: The usual, but without the veggies since I didn't have time
                    Meal 2: Piece of big red gum, 6 oz of leftover paleo breaded chicken with the usual salad
                    Snack: 1/2 cup pecans with melted butter and savory seasoning. Ecks' favorite EPIC Bar, turkey flavor. 2 tsps of almond butter with a few drops of honey
                    Meal 3: Chinese 5 Spice lettuce cups (Practical Paleo recipe)

Comment

• Originally posted by Alessandra View Post
                      Meal 2: Piece of big red gum,...
                      Okay, I wasn't thinking of brand names, so when I read this, my first thoughts were:

Does she have a gum tree?
                      Or does she get it at the store?
                      Wow, I didn't know it was red!
                      I wonder what kind of nutrients you get from that?
                      Is it related to the red palm?

Then my brain clicked in.

Comment

• Lol, sabine. Sounds like my train of thought at times.

I did actually use red palm oil for the first time and that was yesterday. It doesn't smell as bad, or at least to me it doesn't, as some people say.

I had another good day at work I love when that happens! I think the best part was that my coworker hooked me up today by taking on something extra so that I wouldn't have to. That made me smile a bit and I'm so grateful for that.

Running with Roxy went just a hair smoother today. She's slowly learning to not pull me when she gets distracted. I know this will take time and hard work, but I think that we can get there. Thank God for running leashes!

Small group was at my place tonight so I got to cook for all of us. The homemade mayo is always a crowd pleaser
                        Meal 1: 2 pcs bacon, grain free porridge, and 1 whole small head of broccoli that was steamed along with spinach and red bell pepper.
                        Meal 2: 6 oz leftover Chinese 5 Spice Lettuce Cups with shredded cucs and carrots. Still managed the usual salad and dressing
                        Snack: Pecans with butter and savory seasoning
                        Meal 3: Thanksgiving style paleo meatballs, cucs, carrots, and red bell pepper matchsticks with homemade mayo ( YES, THE RETURN OF THE HOMEMADE MAYO!) that had a bit of a seasoning mix added to it.

Comment

• Man, I think I had a severe case of the Friday's at work. We actually had a good day at work, but I guess these things happen at times. Today is my rest day from running/sprint training and other workouts and I'm glad that it is. I think my body was relieved a little bit too

I've discovered something about the running/sprint training that's been helpful. It's diminished my problem with what seems like period induced asthma. What I mean by that is that I only seem to have this issue close to my period. Any other time I'm fine. This time around it hasn't bothered me much. Even when I do get it, it only shows up when I'm walking fast up the stairs or walking briskly at work.

I did try something new tonight with my leftovers from this week. For the first time, I made paleo pizza crust. I used some of the leftover chicken from earlier this week along with some spinach and 4 cheese Italian blend. I might need to mess with the crust recipe, but it wasn't too bad for my first time.

Meal 1: 2 pcs bacon (I wasn't completely hungry this morning)
                          Snack: 1.5 cups mixed berries W/sliced almonds and chopped pecans with some chia seeds
                          Meal 2: 6 oz leftover paleo meatloaf and salad w/dressing (with 1/2 tsp chia seeds)
                          Meal 3: 3 slices paleo pizza (homemade).

Comment

• This day is almost over with and it seems to feel like a long Saturday for some reason. I added one more sprint during the training this morning with Roxy because I had more time. I think that we both did pretty good I also managed to IF for about 18 hours today! I even managed to not eat out today. That's normally hard for me on the weekends because it's more convenient when we are out running around. Sort of proud of that one today

Meal 1: Leftover paleo meat loaf (6 oz) and one slice of paleo pizza with some butter sauce. Oh yeah, like 5 pieces of pepperoni.
                            Meal 2: Two slices leftover paleo pizza with homemade butter sauce.
                            Drinks: Water and iced tea with chia seeds.

Comment

• What a great day today! I got to go see "God's Not Dead" with some people from my small group and with Gabi. I LOVED IT! GOD's NOT DEAD!

Now that I got that out of the way This week marks one full week of sprint training/running for myself and Roxy. I think that I definitely like running with merrell's better than regular "running" shoes. There doesn't seem to be as much of an issue with my knees afterwards. I consider that a plus!

I managed to IF for another 19 hours!!!!!! I also did something this week that I wasn't sure that I wanted to try again. I had gluten free bread with my lunch at Jason's Deli. I did the same thing last week, but I had a full sandwich that time. This time I only went with a half one. It wasn't that bad, but I don't think that it will become a permanent thing.

I have gone back and reviewed some of my earliest posts to see if I could find some more motivation. The funny thing is that I found I was still having some issues then, lol, with certain things. I did notice that I was more upbeat in those journals. At least the ones in the beginning. I haven't been like that in a while. So I'm opting to try some changes, again, to see what happens.

Meal 1: Jason's Deli half of a hot pastrami sandwich on gluten free bread with a slice of provolone and mayo, side salad, and my own concocted lemonade (they have lemons, honey, hot water, and ice so this works)
                              Snack: I ate the rest of the tzatziki sauce that was in my fridge and Dibbs ice cream at the movies
                              Meal 3: Oven Roasted chicken with a salad and some rice. Mom made some sort of cookie sandwich, so she gave me one to try. Gluten-free
                              Drinks: Water and the Jason's Deli blended lemonade.

Comment

• We finally have new internet/wifi at the apartment. I've been testing out how the new wifi works with multiple devices. It seems to be working so far! I know that's a silly thing to be happy about, but we almost didn't have this work out for us today.

I wasn't really that good today. Gabi had her Spring Choir Concert tonight. We usually go get fro yo afterwards. I had A LOT less than what I normally get. The pistachio was pretty tasty though.

Meal 1: 2 pcs bacon, steamed spinach w/ground chia and mashed turnips with ground chia. Both had some bacon grease added to them.
                                Snack: Handful of almonds and 3 large strawberries
                                Meal 2: 6 oz leftover meat loaf
                                Snack: Some almond butter with honey
                                Meal 3: Last two slices of the paleo pizza with some butter sauce
                                Dessert: Pistachio fro yo (about 3/4 cup) with a few cherries, a little bit of coconut flakes, and about 1 tsp chocolate sprinkles

Comment

Working...
                                X