No announcement yet.

Primal Journal, Alessandra

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You can subscribe to threads, which is pretty much the same thing as following. Sorry that I didn't post that yesterday. My mom had heart surgery. She's going ok. The doctor thinks that they got it this time and I really hope that they did. That would mean mom could start planning for her knee replacement surgeries.

I almost stuck to eating only when hungry yesterday. I goofed in the evening and bought myself some dark chocolate. I'm not going to hang myself on that one either. It was a one time deal. I've been pretty good about chocolate lately. The end of my day was a tad on the stressful side. I ran into someone elses lane on my way to see if mom was either staying overnight or going home. RIGHT OUTSIDE OF MY APT PARKING LOT! I'm mad because I could have completely avoided that yesterday. Thankfully neither one of us was seriously hurt and there is no major major damage.

I missed posting about Tuesday! That was a good day, food wise. I threw out what was left of the cookies. Lol. My tummy let me know that I needed to get rid of them.
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

Comment

• Okay I'll try to figure out how to subscribe to your journal. Then since I have the rest of this week and all of next week off I'll try to read all of your journal postings to catch up. BTW nice profile photo Oh and another BTW I am originally from MD so we didn't grow up too far from each other. Take care.
      All time high weight 262 lbs
      Primal since Spring 2012
      Start PB Weight: 240 lbs ish
      Current Weight: 220lbs ish
      Goal Weight:190-200 lbs
      All on a 6ft. 1/2 inch frame.

I can't wait to meet my abs for the first time in my life. We gotta lot of catching up to do.

I love this way of eating and hope to be able to help others.

Comment

• Hi Alessandra, it's nice to find someone else who likes hiking. All the best with the budgeting, it's not easy but the results are worth it. As you say, kinda like primal.
        Annie Ups the Ante
        http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• Grokdaddy, that's awesome! Go East Coasters I'm an Army vet myself, so that sort of ended up bringing me to the place where I live now since I worked on helicopters while I was in.

Annieh, I'm sort of digging the budget thing so far! I'm not eating as much for my meals, but it doesn't bother me as much. Come back in about a month and we'll see where my attitude is

Doggonit! We had tres leches cake at my place last night to celebrate birthdays for last month (small group study people). I also may have eaten quite a few dark chocolate covered espresso beans last night.............. Oops. It turns out that if I do something like that, I need to remember to rinse out my mouth immeadiately so that I can get the taste out of my mouth. I did make some seriously awesome Thanksgiving Style meatballs that were gone by the end of the night! I really enjoy using my Practical Paleo cookbook for stuff like that.

Time to get back to work! Break time is almost up. Have a blesse day everyone!
          Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

Comment

• Ha! Funny cuz I am a Navy vet who worked on jets lol. And that's what brought me out to WA state. Plus I see you have a boxer too? I do too his name is Moki and he is 8 months old. I'll post a pic of him one of these days.
            All time high weight 262 lbs
            Primal since Spring 2012
            Start PB Weight: 240 lbs ish
            Current Weight: 220lbs ish
            Goal Weight:190-200 lbs
            All on a 6ft. 1/2 inch frame.

I can't wait to meet my abs for the first time in my life. We gotta lot of catching up to do.

I love this way of eating and hope to be able to help others.

Comment

• Yes we do have a boxer She's playing with her "soccer ball" right now. We got her from a friend of ours who needed a home for her. I've also finally found a youtube video that gets her to howl. Am I wrong for that? I love watching her howl because she isn't loud.

BAH! I fell off the wagon Friday afternoon and yesterday evening! I might have gone a little overboard with the corn tortilla chips that I bought for Gabi And maybe some more espresso beans. I think maybe I might need to just trash them.

However, we did get some outdoor volunteer work done yesterday. I'm so freaking excited right now! I can't believe how many people showed up to help out yesterday I volunteer at a place called Wildcat Bluff. It's a Nature Center and they have several trails to hike out there. They also have a sidewalk trail right behind the main building. The lady running the place wanted to get the grass that was overgrowing around the sidewalk trimmed back. I've been working on that myself over the past couple of months. What I really needed was to get a group of 10 or more people out there to weed eat and clean up. We had 15 people show yesterday! Half of them were people that I had invited from work or church. BF and Gabi were out there too. We got all of the trail done yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!! Can you tell how happy I am?! The weather was perfect for the work load. I was starving by the time lunch rolled around and so were Gabi and Nathan.

Okay, I am going to get back to keeping log of what I eat and my physical activity starting tomorrow morning. I'm going to try to get into the mindset that I've had with budgeting and a few other things. Look at where I want to be in the future with this. I'm trying to apply this concept with my spiritual journey as well.

Well, time to get up and get ready for church Have a blessed Sunday all!

Comment

• I missed posting yesterday Oh well, I'm here today to post!

Meal 1: 2 pieces bacon, 2 scrambled eggs with spinach, red b.p., yellow squash, and onions
                Meal 2: Leftover beef from Mom's beef stew, some potatoes (I love when she uses regular potatoes), and a salad consisting of red leaf lettuce, cucumber, carrot, celery, and tomato (this is pretty much a staple at my lunch time). Some home mixed salad dressing (also another staple)
                Meal 3: 2 Balsamic braised short ribs with the sauce and two dates................ Plus I ate some more corn chips
                Drinks: Mostly water, but some unsweetened tea too

Exercise:
                A.M. Morning crunches (25 with a 6 lb med ball) and 15 assisted push ups (working on proper form)
                P.M. Rowing machine (I freaking love this thing ), 3 sts bench press @ 35 lbs, 3 sts overhead press @ 30 total lbs, 3 sts bicep curls w/20 lb bar (not proud of that at the moment), 3 sts overhead triceps @ 12.5 lbs ea side, 3 sets of 15 regular crunches and sides.
                Walked Roxy in the morning and then got in one walk around the work bldg.

Comment

• Don't know if you are a big soup person, but it is good for the budgetting AND feeling full. A big pot with cabbage, lots of other veggies, and some ground beef, turkey, or pork, goes a long way.

Comment

• I can do soup some days. Others I can't. There's something about soggy veggies that isn't very appealing to me. The budget thing is working so far with food. I think I might have to change how I do my budget since I get paid weekly. The monthly one messed me up!

Comment

• It's Wednesday morning and it's nice outside! I might actually get to leave the house this morning and not have to rush

Tuesday's food
                      Meal 1: Pretty much the same as Monday, minus the bacon
                      Meal 2: Leftover of the two ribs and the staple salad w/dressing
                      Meal 3: Some almond butter with some blueberry jam (got that stuff at the farmers market this past summer). I had some of this because I was a bit hungry when we got home, but we had to get to the gym ASAP since I had class last night.
                      Meal 4: YUMMY freaking Chinese 5 Spice Lettuce Wraps (thank you again Practical Paleo cook book ) I really could almost live on this recipe at times. I also had a little more almond butter and a couple slices of some cheese (don't tell Gabi!)
                      Drinks: Water

Exercise:
                      Morning crunches. This time I used my homemade medicine ball! I think it weighs somewhere between 8-10 lbs. 15 assisted push ups. 40 squats: 20 regular, 20 wide leg. 40 lunges: 20 R, 20 L.
                      Evening: 8 minutes on the rower, 3 sts of 8 assisted barbell squats w/20 extra lbs. 3 sts of 8 vertical leg press, 70 lbs
                      One morning dog walk and one walk around the work place.

That's it for yesterday. Time to get ready for work

Comment

• Overtime day at work yesterday. I felt bad for Roxy when I got home so she got the full walk that we missed in the morning. Gabi ended up spending most of the day at her friends house when she was finished with school.

Wednesday's food
                        Meal 1: The usual 1st suspect of eggs, veggies, and bacon
                        Meal 2: Leftover of the lettuce wraps, plus a smaller side salad
                        Meal 3: Some more almond butter with jam (which is now gone.....)
                        Meal 4: Nori salmon rolls! I really enjoy eating these things because they are so easy to put together! 1 Nori Seawead sheet, a piece of smoked salmon, a few slices of avocado, with a squeeze of lemon juice, and a dash of sea salt. I had like 3 of those last night.
                        Drinks: Water and some Hot Cinnamon Spice Tea in the evening.

Exercise
                        Morning: 80 squats (need to adjust Tuesday to this number), 40 regular, 40 wide leg. 25 crunches with the h.med ball. 15 assisted pushups.
                        Afternoon: Dog walk with Roxy.

Comment

• So, this chick wasn't that smart yesterday and I think my belly is making sure that I know that. Perhaps leaving my lunch at home didn't help, but I can't lean on that crutch. I did end up getting to eat lunch with BF though

Thursday's Food
                          Meal 1: Usual egss and bacon deal
                          Meal 2: BWW's Chopped Chicken Salad
                          Meal 3: Some almond butter and the rest of my Mustard Glazed chicken
                          Meal 4 (which I didn't actually need): Some corn tortilla chips, some bbq sausage, some sort of queso with sausage, and a very tiny slice of brownie cake
                          Drinks: Water, hot apple cider, and unsweet pina colada ice tea.

Exercise
                          Morning: The usual 80 squats, 25 crunches, and the assisted pushups.
                          No walking because I was being lazy as well as the fact that it was a tad windy and cold at the same time.

Comment

• I cannot recall all of what I ate this past weekend, but I know that I had a few slip ups. It's okay though. I got to spend quite a bit of time outdoors on Saturday with BF, Gabi, and a few other friends at BF's land lease. We hiked for a bit, four wheeled for a bit, shot some guns and shotguns for a bit. It was great. Good times were had by all, but no animals were hunted Oh well, maybe next time. I think that BF and I are going to need to go to the skeet range so I can get comfortable with the shotgun again.

Mom made some seriously delicous chicken last night for dinner. She used one of her blends of seasonings that I LOVED as a kid. I found myself at the pan getting the greasy bits Yum, that's the good stuff!

Comment

• What's up?! I had a Coconut Secret Almond Bar yesterday and it was yum. I just wanted to share that. I didn't get much done in the way of exercising because I just didn't. Yesterday after work was my recovery from this weekend, lol.

Monday's Food:
                              Meal 1: The usual eggs and bacon
                              Meal 2: Leftover from dinner at mom's
                              Meal 3: Slice of Colby Jack Cheese then I nuked some macadamia nuts and walnuts with some butter. I was really looking for some food to take with headache medicine
                              Meal 4: 2 home mixed burgers with Coconut Secret Bar
                              Drinks: Water and hot chocolate

Comment

• I'm beginning to think that my chocolate addiction may be trying to take over again. DARN YOU!

Tuesday's Food
                                Meal 1: The usual eggs and bacon with veggies
                                Meal 2: Two leftover hamburgers with salad and dressing
                                Meal 4: Coconut Secret Bar
                                Meal 5: Nori Salmon Rolls, like 3 of them
                                Drinks: Water and hot tea

Exercise was minimal, like morning crunches and then some supermans.

Comment

Working...
                                X